Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    35791 posts World Cup Winner
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    My arsecheeks just released with that sarr shot jesus christ. What else can a manager do, you have ronaldo, bruno, pogba, elanga, rashford, sancho and shaw on the pitch and the team can't score

Bro... 100% definitely thought that was going in just to seal our ❤️❤️❤️❤️ luck
  • Ashy
    22152 posts Club Captain
    Kept a clean sheet without Maguire suprise suprise
  • Bobo23
    5213 posts Big Money Move
    That's a huge blow for your top 4 hopes, Arsenal have it in their hands now that's for sure.
  • Kman
    4310 posts National Call-Up
    I think Ronaldo is reaching that drop-off Alexis reached just before he came to us..I think he just doesn’t have enough at the very least to start for us. Should be coming on as impact off the bench. We need a striker.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ashy wrote: »
    Kept a clean sheet without Maguire suprise suprise

No Maguire and Matic... defense was rock solid the whole game.
  • SimenHP
    5734 posts Big Money Move
    Watford counter attack was hard to watch. Yes you guys should have done better, but if you played a better attacking side you could easily have given away 1 or 2 goals (especially in the last 15 minutes)
  • forearms
    6187 posts Big Money Move
    Incredible how the entire team cant finish chances for so long this season. It's safe to say the whole squad is in a funk.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Kman wrote: »
    I think Ronaldo is reaching that drop-off Alexis reached just before he came to us..I think he just doesn’t have enough at the very least to start for us. Should be coming on as impact off the bench. We need a striker.

Ronaldo or not we absolutely need a striker with Cavani on his way out and the Greenwood nightmare.
  • VVD4
    7214 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Watford counter attack was hard to watch. Yes you guys should have done better, but if you played a better attacking side you could easily have given away 1 or 2 goals (especially in the last 15 minutes)

This is what I was noticing as well (I only watched the last 15 mins). United were so ridiculously open on the counter but Watford’s passing was horrific.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 26

Right, but on the flip side, if we were playing a better attacking side, Ralf would adjust the tactics for that as he's done against better attacking sides. He made attacking subs to throw numbers forward knowing that we were comfortably in control of that game.
  • yosef167
    5749 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »

This is what I was noticing as well (I only watched the last 15 mins). United were so ridiculously open on the counter but Watford’s passing was horrific.

beacusr we went all out attack
    the setup was
    AWB Lindelof Varane Shaw
    Pogba
    Elanga Brumo Sancho
    Rashfoed Ronaldo

both AWB and shaw stays up
    i didnt expect us to be safe from behind and no team can be
  • Kman
    Didn’t have too much to do but man Foster always becomes superhuman against us. That Bruno save was big. Weird feeling, the team played well just literally couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net.
  • Kellnerr
    5175 posts Big Money Move

Ronaldo or not we absolutely need a striker with Cavani on his way out and the Greenwood nightmare.

Question is, which good striker is willing to play second fiddle to Ronaldo for another couple of years? Because we all know Ronaldo will still want to play every minute, regardless of his age.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 26
    forearms wrote: »
    Incredible how the entire team cant finish chances for so long this season. It's safe to say the whole squad is in a funk.

Which is a shame because finishing aside everyone played well imo. The tactics, the squad, and execution all until the finishing was all on. I think the main one who didn't today was CR, but even he had his chances with one going off the post, then the offsides one, his shot blocked by Elanga, etc.

But I do think that when Cavani is healthy, may look to bench CR and bring him on late game.
  • Kman
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Question is, which good striker is willing to play second fiddle to Ronaldo for another couple of years? Because we all know Ronaldo will still want to play every minute, regardless of his age.

I think very quickly he’ll accept he can’t start anymore but will still be happy to be a part of the squad and come off the bench.

• Rand0m Hero
    1257 posts Professional
    It is confusing and sad to watch Cristiano get wrong footed and clumsily take on the ball. It’s like almost every touch the last two months has been awful. He and Bruno are trying way too hard with every touch and every pass. You can see it in their reactions. Need more of Sancho on the ball. He and Elanga are the only ones not afraid to run at someone. AWB should be relegated to a defensive substitute to see out a game. Every time he gets the ball in the buildup I have zero faith anything good will happen. I quite like the position Pogba ended up in at the end of the game. He’s always wanted to be Pirlo so this gives him the chance and I think maximizes what he’s actually good at. Put Bruno and Fred on each side and roll the dice.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I think very quickly he’ll accept he can’t start anymore but will still be happy to be a part of the squad and come off the bench.

Right. He wants to play all the time, and I get that, but he also wants to win games. Until he gets out of this funk with his finishing right now, that may have to be done with someone else leading the line.
  • Kanturk
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Ralf needs to stop taking off our midfielders and ending up with Bruno and/or Pogba playing CDM. It's makes us lose a lot of the control on the game. Bruno probably should have come off today, he was just off it. I don't care if Cavani has one leg, next week he better be in the squad or release him.
  • Kellnerr
    5175 posts Big Money Move

I'm not too sure..he's already mad getting subbed off in the 80th minute. Could see him moving to MLS before he takes his place on the bench personally.
  • G000ner
    8962 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »

Some diabolical passes from Kucka and the whole front 3. Sissoko did well though, looks well above the level of Watford
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 26
    It is confusing and sad to watch Cristiano get wrong footed and clumsily take on the ball. It’s like almost every touch the last two months has been awful. He and Bruno are trying way too hard with every touch and every pass. You can see it in their reactions. Need more of Sancho on the ball. He and Elanga are the only ones not afraid to run at someone. AWB should be relegated to a defensive substitute to see out a game. Every time he gets the ball in the buildup I have zero faith anything good will happen. I quite like the position Pogba ended up in at the end of the game. He’s always wanted to be Pirlo so this gives him the chance and I think maximizes what he’s actually good at. Put Bruno and Fred on each side and roll the dice.

Honestly felt Ronaldo's touch for the most part was good today, or at least much better than it's been in recent weeks. He was actually able to control the ball and successfully pass on several occasions which is more than I can say for the last couple of games. I do agree he tends to do too much on the ball.

Idk about Pogba in the Pirlo role. I think it worked for the end game today because it was Watford and the position we had them end, but I thought he was our best player on the pitch today (again) while playing up with Bruno today.

Dalot should absolutely be the starting RB
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Kanturk wrote: »
    Ralf needs to stop taking off our midfielders and ending up with Bruno and/or Pogba playing CDM. It's makes us lose a lot of the control on the game. Bruno probably should have come off today, he was just off it. I don't care if Cavani has one leg, next week he better be in the squad or release him.

We went all out attack....
  • Tornado31619
    33547 posts National Team Captain

Ronaldo has his annual dry patch and suddenly he’s the next Alexis…
  • Rand0m Hero
    1257 posts Professional
    edited February 26

Honestly felt Ronaldo's touch for the most part was good today, or at least much better than it's been in recent weeks. He was actually able to control the ball and successfully pass on several occasions which is more than I can say for the last couple of games. I do agree he tends to do too much on the ball.

Idk about Pogba in the Pirlo role. I think it worked for the end game today because it was Watford and the position we had them end, but I thought he was our best player on the pitch today (again) while playing up with Bruno today.
    My thinking is we don’t have a holding player in the club so we should try something different. Playing Pogba deep allows him to utilize his true strength which is his passing range. Put two workhorses next to him to run up and down. It’s a bootleg version of Pogba-Pirlo-Vidal but honestly I’d rather entice people into a 5-4 game than watch another 0-0 or 1-1 game. And this way United get their 11 most skilled players on the pitch. It could fail miserably but what is there to lose at this point ?
  • yosef167
    5749 posts Big Money Move
    am i the only one thinking if Forster left the pitch and the Watford goal was Empty our players would still find a way to miss the goal?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 26

My thinking is we don’t have a holding player in the club so we should try something different. Playing Pogba deep allows him to utilize his true strength which is his passing range. Put two workhorses next to him to run up and down. It’s a bootleg version of Pogba-Pirlo-Vidal but honestly I’d rather entice people into a 5-4 game than watch another 0-0 or 1-1 game. And this way United get their 11 most skilled players on the pitch. It could fail miserably but what is there to lose at this point ?

Vidal and Marchisio were also excellent in as defending midfielders and had positional sense. Bruno is ultimately an attacking midfielder who will put in the work to get back, but not great on the defense side of things, Fred has no positional sense and ball chases and will often be late getting back. Pogba while of course has great passing range, has always been better when he's got license to get forward which he wouldn't in that role. I truly believe playing him in that role would really limit him.p

I think the best evidence of that is to look at how he played under Mourinho vs how he's played under OGS and now Ralf. Mourinho wanted him to stay back in that pivot, OGS and Ralf give him license to get up the pitch and he's been night and day a better player under OGS and Ralf than he was under Mourinho.
  • Cyodine
    6166 posts Big Money Move
    At least Watford didn't give you another stomping.
  • WryLucky
    6627 posts Big Money Move
    Someone post the xg.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1257 posts Professional
    Cyodine wrote: »
    At least Watford didn't give you another stomping.
    Progress ! (I’m laughing since the alternative is crying.)
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Someone post the xg.

That's honestly what I'm waiting on from @Ahmer50x Not even as a slight or anything. I'm genuinely curious as that should have been a COMFORTABLE win.