For all Ukrainians in this community

Comments

• radhoyl
    3413 posts National Call-Up
    GeezR81 wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    GeezR81 wrote: »
    I view it as a liberation of Ukraine basically and that's my opinion that I'm entitled to. We all have our different views obviously ✌️

Liberation of Ukraine.. I don't think the majority of Ukraine thinks that.. Atleast all the Ukraninians i work with don't.

But you are entitled to your opinion even if it is an opinion that is pro for invading a country and killing loads people.

They dont. My GF is from Ukraine, she has all of her friends and family living here and believe me, they're terrified of this Russian invasion.
    Calling B.S on that 🤣

Everybody in Poland, Romania, Baktic countries is afraid as well. Russian army can roll to Vienna in a couple if days.
  • 4dvz
    1142 posts Professional
    Im from Finland, and we share a very long border with Russia. I wish I could join the fight in order to keep the invaders away from your homes right now. This is a very sad day for humanity.
  • 4dvz
    1142 posts Professional
    radhoyl wrote: »
    4dvz wrote: »
    Im from Finland, and we share a very long border with Russia. I wish I could join the fight in order to keep the invaders away from your homes right now. This is a very sad day for humanity.

Be afraid then

Im not afraid, im just sad. I would go into the first plane to help the people of Ukraine if I could.
  • radhoyl
    It is a sad day. But Xi Jinping could be the Europe saviour now. Only he can talk to Putin and make Putin listen. But will he do it??
  • Hoopsterz
    3280 posts National Call-Up
    It is a sad day. But Xi Jinping could be the Europe saviour now. Only he can talk to Putin and make Putin listen. But will he do it??

It at least appears positive that they haven't backed Russia out the gate and said they will watch what happens.

But there is too much history between Russia and China that they will get involved eventually.
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional

You could face the same as Ukraine - Finland and Sweden are not members of NATO.

NATO will react if/when Putin attacks a NATO country. An attack on Estonia for example is an attack on ALL of us. It will eventually lead to an all out war.
  • radhoyl
    Sodan70 wrote: »

You could face the same as Ukraine - Finland and Sweden are not members of NATO.

NATO will react if/when Putin attacks a NATO country. An attack on Estonia for example is an attack on ALL of us. It will eventually lead to an all out war.

The problem is that Russia can conquer half of Europe before Nato gets their act together.
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional

The problem is that Russia can conquer half of Europe before Nato gets their act together.

Nah. For the first time since 1945 we have American forces in our country right now.

If - God forbid - Russian attacks a NATO country the response will be immidiate.
    Should Putin choose to use his nukes then we're all gone. Game over for all of us.
  • Winkelmann wrote: »
    Hope you all stay safe. No world needs another war. People don't want another war.

Praying for Ukraine.

Already another war now.
    England and USA have to join in and attack russia
  • SeanDCFC
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    Uniack88 wrote: »
    Winkelmann wrote: »
    Hope you all stay safe. No world needs another war. People don't want another war.

Praying for Ukraine.

Already another war now.

No they don't
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional
    Alford5 wrote: »
    Sad little boys talking about war on a Fifa forum 😂 Asif another world war is even possible. Take it elsewhere and talk about it

So if/when Russia attacks for example Estonia (NATO) - nothing will happen?

The “three musketeer” clause – “one for all, and all for one”: NATO's Article 5.
  • Hoopsterz
    SeanDCFC wrote: »

Praying for Ukraine.

Already another war now.

No they don't

UK and USA can't get involved without a full nato response if im correct..
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Like general Patton said we was fighting the wrong enemy the whole time.
    Should have taken Russia after ww2.
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move

Praying for Ukraine.

Already another war now.

No they don't, this is how you start a world war, which is why they are spending most of their time applying pointless sanctions which Putin may have already taken into consideration.

"Formed after the Second World War in 1949, it's a military alliance originally made up of 12 countries, including the US, Canada, the UK, and France. Part of its function is to keep global peace, as members agree to come to one another's aid in the event of an armed attack against any other member state"
  • radhoyl

Praying for Ukraine.

Already another war now.

They do not have to. And won't until/if Russia attacks a Nato member.
  • IPedro
    892 posts Professional
    Sad little boys talking about war on a Fifa forum 😂 Asif another world war is even possible. Take it elsewhere and talk about it

Do not feed the trolls
  • radhoyl
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Like general Patton said we was fighting the wrong enemy the whole time.
    Should have taken Russia after ww2.

And then he died in a "car accident".
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move

You are going to be bothered only bombs fall outside your house during your WL matches...

More chance of bumping into queen in aldi than any bombs dropping in England, grow up stop watching the news channels get on with your life.

It's funny because we would have said that about a worldwide pandemic and look at us now. Never say anything is out of reach because our world leaders are clowns so at this point anything can happen
  • Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ICUP wrote: »

You are going to be bothered only bombs fall outside your house during your WL matches...

More chance of bumping into queen in aldi than any bombs dropping in England, grow up stop watching the news channels get on with your life.

It's funny because we would have said that about a worldwide pandemic and look at us now. Never say anything is out of reach because our world leaders are clowns so at this point anything can happen

Pandemics can happen any time caused by multiple things. Absolutely no chance there will ever be another world war, technology is far too advanced now, will all be over at the press of a button if it ever got that serious(it won’t)
  • fussydutchman
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12550329/uefa-to-move-champions-league-final-from-russia-due-to-ukraine-crisis-as-president-aleksander-ceferin-calls-extraordinary-meeting-of-executive-committee

UEFA will move the Champions League final from Russian city St Petersburg on Friday due to the escalating situation in Ukraine.

The final was due to take place at the 68,000-capacity Gazprom Arena in St Petersburg on May 28 but UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has called an "extraordinary meeting" of the Executive Committee for Friday to confirm the decision to move the match.
  • Hoopsterz
    edited February 24

Pandemics can happen any time caused by multiple things. Absolutely no chance there will ever be another world war, technology is far too advanced now, will all be over at the press of a button if it ever got that serious(it won’t)

It the 20th Century there has been 2 world wars and only one pandemic.. Pandemics are probably a lot more scare in human history than wars.

Also it will be a war of technology.. Russia/China/USA have been doing that for years to each other.

If anything happens it wont be a war like there has been in the past.. It will be a war of warheads/artillery and bringing down technical services in opposing countries.

Think of how much of our daily life is controlled by computers.. Power/Water/credit cards.. Can all be attacked in the act of war.
  • FifaCalcio
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Azov wrote: »
    It made me ashamed of being Russian today. We don’t want to fight you.
    Stay strong, brothers

No reason to be ashamed bro.....this isn't Russia this is a dictator. The world knows the Russian public doesn't support this invasion. Fingers crossed this conflict will be sorted asap. Prayers for Ukraine
  • Uniack88
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 24

It's funny because we would have said that about a worldwide pandemic and look at us now. Never say anything is out of reach because our world leaders are clowns so at this point anything can happen[/quote

Borris like the man from little Briton yea but no but yea but
  • Hoopsterz wrote: »

It the 20th Century there has been 2 world wars and only one pandemic.. Pandemics are probably a lot more scare in human history than wars.

You forgot the Spanish Flu and it was deadlier

• Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect

Also it will be a war of technology.. Russia/China/USA have been doing that for years to each other.

If anything happens it wont be a war like there has been in the past.. It will be a war of warheads/artillery and bringing down technical services in opposing countries.

Think of how much of our daily life is controlled by computers.. Power/Water/credit cards.. Can all be attacked in the act of war.

20th century being the key phrase here. There won’t ever be an actual war again, as I said above it will all be technology based rather than millions of people dying. Hardly a world war is it.
  • Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional

20th century being the key phrase here. There won’t ever be an actual war again, as I said above it will all be technology based rather than millions of people dying. Hardly a world war is it.

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British prime minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep." _ Chamberlain, September 30th 1938.

• Sodan70
    1330 posts Professional
    "There won’t ever be an actual war again"

Not over Ukraine. If Russia attack the Baltic countries - different story.
    NATO's article 5 will come into play then.
  • Fifapayne
    6148 posts Big Money Move

Correct and neither Russia or China want a shooting war with USA and the rest of nato..I tell you that much

And even little ole Japan over there packs a heavy punch.
  • radhoyl

When armies fight, you never know. Things can spread fast.
  • radhoyl

Again? Technology will cause millions people dying
This discussion has been closed.