Pls tell UK players when we can play the game.

Theomanny
2731 posts National Call-Up
Game is absolutely broken atm. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ridiculous the delay over two weeks now. Quit every single game since sunday.

This is absolutely nuts haven’t complained in a while but this is just complete low level of shithousery. Delay and red bars flashing all game its absolutely infuriating paid for a game u cant play.

All this new cards are basically a distraction to what a failure the actual gameplay has become.

Comments

• Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    Doesn't matter what time, 11am on a Tuesday, 3pm on a Thursday or 2am on a Saturday.

9/10 games are delay riddled
  • Barry Allannnn
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Red bars are your own connection. I think most people just don't know how to optimise their connection and then just don't notice it in other games.
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    Agreed.

Is there anyone on here from EA that actually helps the community or answers questions?
  • It's crap 24/7

• Red bars are your own connection. I think most people just don't know how to optimise their connection and then just don't notice it in other games.

I do I'm an IT professional. And it's just a crap for me as everyone else

Hope that helps
  • Trustme707
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    Red bars are your own connection. I think most people just don't know how to optimise their connection and then just don't notice it in other games.

What do you mean by “optimise”? Could you please elaborate a bit?
  • Trustme707 wrote: »

Kill of all WiFi devices

Hard wire your console

Blah blah. It don't matter what you do. Same crap gameplay apples
  • Trustme707
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    Newbie1234 wrote: »
    Trustme707 wrote: »

Kill of all WiFi devices

Hard wire your console

Blah blah. It don't matter what you do. Same crap gameplay apples

Just wanted to make sure what he means. I’m with you here - it doesn’t matter what you u do u still get Christmas tree on the screen, even with good connection. And it’s a pity some people still think it’s on players’ side
  • Barry Allannnn

Optimise your ping is the main thing. I think most people don't realise that you get huge ping spikes with your standard internet line.

For example I get 1GB speeds, if I use that raw then then ping spikes are upto 1000ms. In game I'd still get a low ping reading before the game but the gameplay would be horrible.

Once Optimised my ping pre game only goes to 16 from 30 ish but the maximum ping spike I can get is now 24ms instead of 1000ms. That makes a huge difference in terms of gaming. No delay and players dribble and feel super smooth. Never get a red bar or packet loss and can play at any time of the day.

Disabling upnp and using a static IP with DMZ mode enabled obviously helps a lot too. Prioritising console in router settings if you have multiple devices that need connection. So for example I have my console setup so I get 700mb regardless, the rest of the bandwidth is shared between all the other devices.

DNS servers also make a difference. I wouldn't use the standard ISP ones unless they are good for you. There's no magic solution here you need to test whats best for you. For me cloudflare or open DNS is the best.

For champs and rivals I only play on the UK servers too which helps. Same for games like warzone.
  • Edge01
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    You need to hit the sweet spot, 3:15 - 3:17 and then it's crap again.
  • Barry Allannnn
    SeanDCFC wrote: »

Optimise your ping is the main thing. I think most people don't realise that you get huge ping spikes with your standard internet line.

For example I get 1GB speeds, if I use that raw then then ping spikes are upto 1000ms. In game I'd still get a low ping reading before the game but the gameplay would be horrible.

Once Optimised my ping pre game only goes to 16 from 30 ish but the maximum ping spike I can get is now 24ms instead of 1000ms. That makes a huge difference in terms of gaming. No delay and players dribble and feel super smooth. Never get a red bar or packet loss and can play at any time of the day.

Disabling upnp and using a static IP with DMZ mode enabled obviously helps a lot too. Prioritising console in router settings if you have multiple devices that need connection. So for example I have my console setup so I get 700mb regardless, the rest of the bandwidth is shared between all the other devices.

DNS servers also make a difference. I wouldn't use the standard ISP ones unless they are good for you. There's no magic solution here you need to test whats best for you. For me cloudflare or open DNS is the best.

For champs and rivals I only play on the UK servers too which helps. Same for games like warzone.

You shouldn't need to do any of this

True but it helps with all games not just FIFA to be fair. COD for example is a totally different game on good connection, but the average player can't obviously tell like they can with FIFA.

Not defending EA here there servers should definitely be better but if it was purely down to that then nobody would have good gameplay.
  • Done till next year , stopped playing due to DDA and blatent rigged packs the objectives have been rubbish players that would be 10k on market , sbcs have not been including promo cards , marquee matchups have been nerfed alot of packs back are mixed players packs as the less gold players in a pack the less chance to pack something decent just a absolute joke , first year I've proper been put off by fifa
  • Destin8or
    5703 posts Big Money Move

Not really true, all connections suffer from bufferbloat If you have more than one device on your line.
    Barry is correct, you need to optimise and take control of QOS.
  • I have a bt home home hub in every room of the house bar the bathrooms and everything works perfect apart from fifa
  • SeanDCFC
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    Destin8or wrote: »

Not really true, all connections suffer from bufferbloat If you have more than one device on your line.
    Barry is correct, you need to optimise and take control of QOS.

Not everyone who plays fifa is capable of this and they shouldn't need to be, EA servers are cheap and they should rectify this and this would solve the issues experienced by a large number of their player base
  • CheeseSlice
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 23
    I get 18ms - 22ms before games …div rivals feels ok…one league friendlys is heavy stuttering usual problems we had since fifa 14
    Post edited by CheeseSlice on
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    I love how you now have to be an IT/broadband expert to get a workable game 🤣

I don't have any issues with any other head to head games, just FIFA.
  • SeanDCFC

For sure, you couldn't even ask your ISP to help you do the things in this thread so it shouldn't be necessary
  • Barry Allannnn

For sure, you couldn't even ask your ISP to help you do the things in this thread so it shouldn't be necessary

Are you using an ISP router/modem? If so that's the first big problem. They should only ever really be used in modem mode plugged in to a proper router.

A good router will pretty much do it all for you. It will run tests at every speed and find the best QOS for you. Gaming doesn't need high speeds bit does need low latency for a good connection. You are better of with 40mb and low latency then a 1gb high latency for example. This is why people will say how do I have bad connection when I have such and such speeds it should be fast.
  • I love how you now have to be an IT/broadband expert to get a workable game 🤣

Just saying that I use some random router that I bought from the isp, playing on wireless, never bothered opening ports or setting the nat type to open or whatever and yet y'all jealous of my clean connection ;)
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »

Just saying that I use some random router that I bought from the isp, playing on wireless, never bothered opening ports or setting the nat type to open or whatever and yet y'all jealous of my clean connection ;)

Dat German efficiency.
  • SeanDCFC

Are you using an ISP router/modem? If so that's the first big problem. They should only ever really be used in modem mode plugged in to a proper router.

A good router will pretty much do it all for you. It will run tests at every speed and find the best QOS for you. Gaming doesn't need high speeds bit does need low latency for a good connection. You are better of with 40mb and low latency then a 1gb high latency for example. This is why people will say how do I have bad connection when I have such and such speeds it should be fast.

Why are you telling me this, I never claimed to have problems myself
  • SeanDCFC
    Also games like fifa should work fine with ISP router/modems, what you are saying is ridiculous
  • Orison wrote: »

Dat German efficiency.

Exactly.

Once upon a time I was a connection merchant. Always raging, refusing to play friday evening because of the new promo, saturdays always feeling awful too.

But eventually I realized that it simply doesn't matter. If you don't enjoy the game, don't play. Raging isn't fun.

So now I no longer rage about the game, I'm just disappointed :trollface:
  • Barry Allannnn
    Also games like fifa should work fine with ISP router/modems, what you are saying is ridiculous

Well alot of them are using the broken puma chipset that causes ridiculously high latency. Virgin superhubs are famously bad for this. The new model doesn't have this bit it's invite only to get one.

This is specifically for UK players. Other countries should be ok.
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 24
    I haven't had any issues this evening in Rivals

Just to clarify I played 9pm ish til 1am
  • Arsenalman
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 24
    After 10pm for the best gameplay here in the uk. The fact that sometimes it’s smooth and other times it isn’t without me making any changes proves it’s an ea thing. I never start my weekend league before 6pm, I see some people finish before 6 on a Friday and I’d love it if I could simply play the game anytime I want. I suppose it’s makes me better cause Friday night opponents are top notch 😃
  • Springveldt
    6927 posts Big Money Move
    Had a brilliant connection last night, best it’s been in weeks. Everything was so responsive and of course I won 8 out of 10 games in Rivals to get my weekly target.

I’ve done nothing different to my connection, my router hasn’t even been rebooted in over a week now.

I’ve worked in IT for nearly 25 years so I know how to set up a basic network. Console in DMZ, static IP, hard wired, QOS set up, using Netgear Nighthawk router instead of ISP crap, Google DNS servers etc. in the end it doesn’t matter I go through bouts of garbage or good gameplay that can last weeks. Well the garbage last weeks and the good can last a couple of days at a time.

It’s EA not our connections.
  • blue166
    1460 posts Play-Off Hero
    I ask this question quite a bit but rarely get a response.

How do games play for you in H2H Seasons with stock teams on Peer 2 Peer ? If these servers are as bad as people make out you should see quite a difference if both connections are stable.

Do report back.