Competitive gap

Mike1234
267 posts Sunday League Hero
Not being funny, but how are you supposed to compete if you don't have tons of fifa points ?

I've lost count of the amount of games I've lost to players who have packed their teams out with top Totys and Icons plus completed SBCs the types that cost alot. A lot of them are terrible at the game and just park the bus and spam counters down the wing with cut backs. And my teams golds and whatever I've scraped seeing how I never pack anything top tier.

Anyways trading is time consuming before a handfull of you say that's the way.

Comments

• Player skill-> team.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Leo_D10S wrote: »
    Player skill-> team.

This also !!! There are many objective players that are great now too.
  • David12344 wrote: »
    Player skill-> team.

This also !!! There are many objective players that are great now too.

Yeah.. With the amount of players released, and how cheap a lot of players are, if you played from the start it's almost impossible to not have pretty amazing team right now.. Maybe not toty mbappe level, but still easily good enough to win a lot of games
  • Sctt78
    1032 posts Professional
    A good squad will only give you a slight edge over someone equal in skill to you.

Having a good squad can be achieved by grinding menus and trading and there is plenty of info on here for the latter.

I would actually say that most people with god squads have probably traded to achieve this. The amount of fifa points you would need to buy to purchase a god squad would be tens of thousands of pounds if not more.
  • People still dont understand that team dont mean anything. Its als about meta players and abusing game mechanics. Gold Neymar costs 400k, so if you even cant afford him that youre doing something wrong.

Verde was free. Already two 5 skillers in your team, you dont need more in this game.

But if you prefer playing with your favourite rl players then you have to deal with your disadvantage.

But "pay to win" is just a lie by players who dont want to accept that they arent good enough
  • Mike1234
    David12344 wrote: »
    You have options But you don’t wanna take them up.

Buy points (don’t recommend this)

Grind the menus (you don’t want too)

Trade (doesn’t take too long at all but again you don’t want to )

The option you do want to take up

Make a thread and complain About it.

Alright if you have unlimited time and money.
  • broxigaz
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    A good player can destroy stacked teams using a rare gold team, been on the end off a few of them m8.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Mike1234 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    You have options But you don’t wanna take them up.

Buy points (don’t recommend this)

Grind the menus (you don’t want too)

Trade (doesn’t take too long at all but again you don’t want to )

The option you do want to take up

Make a thread and complain About it.

Alright if you have unlimited time and money.

You can buy fodder to trade with in 5 mins mate. Honestly
  • Mike1234
    broxigaz wrote: »
    A good player can destroy stacked teams using a rare gold team, been on the end off a few of them m8.

As it should be.
  • Mike1234 wrote: »
    broxigaz wrote: »

As it should be.

It is lol..
  • Mike1234 wrote: »
    Not being funny, but how are you supposed to compete if you don't have tons of fifa points ?

I've lost count of the amount of games I've lost to players who have packed their teams out with top Totys and Icons plus completed SBCs the types that cost alot. A lot of them are terrible at the game and just park the bus and spam counters down the wing with cut backs. And my teams golds and whatever I've scraped seeing how I never pack anything top tier.

I've gone full rtg this year and my team looks credit card fc. My method is not trading or grinding menu's but playing squad battles to gold 3 each week and doing weekend league bags me tons of packs and around 100 to 250k coins a week I don't buy packs with coins just hold til I have enough to upgrade positions.
  • Miigue
    1183 posts Professional
    Unpopular opinion: I love playing against stacked teams, I always play my absolute best against them
  • dandavid2022
    74 posts Park Captain

I have many good teams and loads of coins. Just from trading. Did not make me a better player, still lose loads against gold teams.
  • This is my PS RTG. It's an acc on which I have done nothing but gameplay. Absolutely no trading, no objectives apart from swaps for the fodder packs.

Rivals I don't play much either, last season I got the 20 wins milestone. So usually just WL+playoffs. And I've got another Mil in the bank if I wanted to try out some future stars from team 2.

It's easily a 19 wins team. To suggest that you need to no-life this game in some form or spend a ton of money to have a competitive team is plain wrong.

Also skill>team anyways, because if you are good at the game you can get rank 1/2 with almost whatever team and quickly build up coins that way
    e8cf2202790a79af09d0b65b9827f0a0.jpg
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    This is my PS RTG. It's an acc on which I have done nothing but gameplay. Absolutely no trading, no objectives apart from swaps for the fodder packs.

Rivals I don't play much either, last season I got the 20 wins milestone. So usually just WL+playoffs. And I've got another Mil in the bank if I wanted to try out some future stars from team 2.

It's easily a 19 wins team. To suggest that you need to no-life this game in some form or spend a ton of money to have a competitive team is plain wrong.

Also skill>team anyways, because if you are good at the game you can get rank 1/2 with almost whatever team and quickly build up coins that way

No-lifer with multiple accounts, telling others there's no need to be a no-lifer.
    Sounds about right.
  • Biged808
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve got a stacked team and get dipped by gold teams on the regular and smash stacked teams it’s the player not the team
  • JakeH
    1961 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    So many bargain players out there that can compete. Way to get better players for me has been rinsing player picks.

My team is completely untradeable. All from player picks, SBCs, WL
  • DailyTrader
    2312 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lost to a very bad gold team today in WL.
    The opponent absolutely destroyed me.

Even though I have a pretty good team.
    Skill>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Vii
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have a pretty good team all from saved packs, TOTYs, couple of icons, meta players etc. Unfortunately a lack of fifa talent is the main reason why I mostly lose xD.
  • Anadin7 wrote: »
    This is my PS RTG. It's an acc on which I have done nothing but gameplay. Absolutely no trading, no objectives apart from swaps for the fodder packs.

No-lifer with multiple accounts, telling others there's no need to be a no-lifer.
    Sounds about right.

Yes. If you just wanted to run that one acc you could get that team while playing for about 3 hours per week @Anadin7

But your post hints at there being skill issues, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need for such an irrelevant comment ;)
  • Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have a pretty great team but I’m a below average player. 7/10 times the better player will win. Skill>team
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anadin7 wrote: »

Sounds about right.

Yes. If you just wanted to run that one acc you could get that team while playing for about 3 hours per week @Anadin7

But your post hints at there being skill issues, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need for such an irrelevant comment ;)

No I just think your a bell.
  • CaptEcuador16
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Much rather face an average player with a stacked team than a good player with an average team.

Faced an almost full rare gold team in WL last week, thought he was gifting me the win - nope, taught me a lesson is what he did.

this right here. i went up against a full gold rare 83 rated team and though ok walk in the park. the dude gave me hell until the 75th min when my better players started to make a difference.
  • Smashed_It_Bro
    212 posts Sunday League Hero
    IMO its 70/30

70% player skill
    30% level of player

Nearly every FIFA I get to a point where I get bored and end up spending all my coins on packs and starting fresh and working my way back up.

So I normally end up going from a top team to basic team rapidly and to be honest every time i have done I have never struggled for wins. Yes having top players helps but if you aren't a good player they won't suddenly get you to win it's a skill-based game after all!

Also If Icons and TOTY guaranteed wins why are they so many players in like Div 7/6/5/4/3/2 with them.... surely they should be Div 1 or Elite.

• Mike1234
    I think my op wasn't worded right,

What I mean is I've faced so many teams which has 2 or 3 toty Messi, lewan, Mbbappe, Ronaldo or prime icons which always seem to be out of reach for me, I don't have a crap team I've some good cards I just mean what do you have to do to get toty mbappe or an R9?

Also I'm a casual player and I've got to div 2 every season.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

What I mean is I've faced so many teams which has 2 or 3 toty Messi, lewan, Mbbappe, Ronaldo or prime icons which always seem to be out of reach for me, I don't have a crap team I've some good cards I just mean what do you have to do to get toty mbappe or an R9?

If you would like some advice on bulk buying fodder mate. My inbox is always open. You can buy 50-100 cards in ten mins and sit and wait a week or so and boom you’ve made coins.
  • RedPlanet1986
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Without trading or putting real money in - you have to be very very lucky. There's no other way.
  • Wonderkiid
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Player skill-> team.

If you have a semi competitive team then a player with a stacked icon team only have a slight edge.

Mbappe gold or Mbappe TOTY doesn't make you go from an average player to a very good one. Every high ranked player would beat a an average Division 1 player with a semi good team.