Just popping on to see who has been market banned.......

Jimbomack87
168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
This ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is hilarious. Come on. Own up. Who's got a ban? I stopped playing earlier this week but had to ask after seeing twitter lose its mind.

Comments

• Daviedenko
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    so far no ban 😀
  • FutGuy
    1456 posts Play-Off Hero
    Daviedenko wrote: »
    so far no ban 😀

How many packs did you refresh on?
  • Daviedenko
    i managed to get 91 before it went off . I got my rewards at 9 logged off didn’t go back on till12:30 so didn’t manage much before it was sorted ! was gutted i didn’t stay on from 😂
  • I SiR MartY I
    14822 posts Has That Special Something
    dfda5414fa06513779a6075003557196.png

Incase anyone is wondering
  • Daviedenko
    i imagine some would of managed to get 1000s of packs and plenty of coin too .
  • mypetfrog
    3016 posts National Call-Up
    EA are an absolute disgrace. Banning people for something that was THEIR mistake. Incredible new low for them.
  • Jimbomack87
    so far no ban 😀

My friends ban came in this morning. Fingers crossed you dont get caught but seems they aint done.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    How can you exploit div rivals reward if the mistake was made by the company, maybe they should suspend the people in charge of rewards for a week instead.
  • Fozberry
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not good enough. Even doing it 4-5 times for the average player would give a much better return than they'd get in 7 days play.

It's clearly an unfair advantage.

If someone like me can look back on this and go 'you know what, I should have just cheated too for this punishment', then they've not got it right!
  • Tootanappy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    L O tummy rumbling L.

That’ll teach you little desperate sweat bags 😂
  • mypetfrog
    edited February 12
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    EA are an absolute disgrace. Banning people for something that was THEIR mistake. Incredible new low for them.

Cool. So if a shop left its door open, its ok to exploit it?

Not exploiting bugs and glitches like this is in the Terms of Service you signed up to - you did read them, right?

The 7 day ban is fine. Permanent Transfer ban is wildly excessive, especially when it took them hours to fix their own mistake!

I read the T&C's just the same as you no doubt.

I didn't even get the glitch but plenty of kids probably thought it was Xmas and ran with it. Plenty of exploitable bugs and glitches in this POS game, but they are seemingly only acted upon when EA stand to lose £££. They are despicable.

Open shop door analogy is utterly ridiculous. Comparing virtual coins on a video game with theft from a shop/bank is utter nonsense. Breaking a video game TOS that no one reads vs unlawful theft. Wonder which one the Met would investigate? Ugh.

PS. I thought you quit the game?
  • Jimbomack87

Not exploiting bugs and glitches like this is in the Terms of Service you signed up to - you did read them, right?

The 7 day ban is fine. Permanent Transfer ban is wildly excessive, especially when it took them hours to fix their own mistake!

I didn't even get the glitch but plenty of kids probably thought it was Xmas and ran with it. Plenty of exploitable bugs and glitches in this POS game, but they are seemingly only acted upon when EA stand to lose £££. They are despicable.

Open shop door analogy is utterly ridiculous. Comparing virtual coins on a video game with theft from a shop/bank is utter nonsense. Breaking a video game TOS that no one reads vs unlawful theft. Wonder which one the Met would investigate? Ugh.

How many kids are opening packs at 9am on a school day?
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    I would like for EA to define how many times constitutes as ‘severe’

If you are in D2-Elite one of the options gives what around 30-45k coins?

100 times and someone has literally 3.5-4.5m and then around 300 packs insane
  • BigH82
    943 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    EA are robbing us weekly no one is banning them
  • VARD67876
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're right it's pretty pathetic, everyone that cheated should have been perma banned.
  • Daviedenko
    fact is you couldn’t play a game without opening packs so even without going over the top logging in and out over and over again you have cheated .The only people that have a problem with this it is people that couldn’t do it .
  • mypetfrog
    edited February 12

It's not 9am everywhere in the world is it. If UK then it was available for HOURS and also on companion app!

Again, I have no issue with a 7 day ban but perms bans, (caused by an EA mistake and yes exacerbated by greed!) are excessive in my eyes.
  • Jimbomack87

It's not 9am everywhere in the world is it. If UK then it was available for HOURS and also on companion app!

Again, I have no issue with a 7 day ban but perms bans, (caused by an EA mistake and yes exacerbated by greed!) are excessive in my eyes.

Not for me.

They knew they were abusing it. They saw it posted sonewhere and jumped on and rinsed them. You reap what you sow. Its in the TOS, so no-one to blame but themselves.
  • Jordonp
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 12
    Wow. Permanent transfer market ban is not fair for exploiting a glitch. Imagine if those people spent £0000s on the game. I’d be furious.
  • TW1103
    4518 posts National Call-Up

I'd say this is more like if Amazon made a mistake and you could buy PS5s for £1 so you bought 100 of them.
    Their problem, not yours.
  • Daviedenko
    The thing i learnt while this went on is never buy fifa points !!! almost £1300 worth of packs i got and only made just over 1m in coins .
  • Jimbomack87
    TW1103 wrote: »

I'd say this is more like if Amazon made a mistake and you could buy PS5s for £1 so you bought 100 of them.
    Their problem, not yours.

Amazon doesnt have TOS that you agreed too.

Is specifically says not to exploit glitches or broken features. Everyone agreed to it.
  • Furrag85
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    fact is you couldn’t play a game without opening packs so even without going over the top logging in and out over and over again you have cheated .The only people that have a problem with this it is people that couldn’t do it .
    Yes. By mass opening of packs, you are devaluing othersl players coins, whilst increasing your own. EA have a track record of going after those who exploit these type of errors, so you'd have to be rather dense to repeatedly log in and log out.

If there was a network printing legal tender into circulation, you'd be pretty hacked off your assets were now worth less. That's the consequence of your actions.

Thankfully the incident was far more isolated to totally ruin the market, but the severity of cheating shouldn't be downplayed. The bans are fully justified.
  • Jimbomack87
    Jordonp wrote: »
    Wow. Permanent transfer market ban is not fair for exploiting a glitch. Imagine if those people spent £0000s on the game. I’d be furious.

Shouldn't have broke the terms of service then.
  • Saiber_Summia
    3198 posts National Call-Up
    Jordonp wrote: »

Be sure those who spent earlier load of cash will NOT be banned

The term “severely” is chosen to be completely subjective

🤣
  • JGDC74
    1408 posts Professional
    Punishment is not enough.
    They should have had all the cards they got removed and a longer ban.
  • Diddymow
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    Permanent transfer ban is the correct punishment, stops those that exploited flooding the market if they haven't already.
  • Chet
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    Using the example of Kids is extremely desperate, majority of young teenagers are more than capable of understanding what a game exploit or cheat is. They have easy access to TikTok, Twitter, Discord and made the decision to exploit it themselves. They knew that they were going to gain an advantage from it.

Those that didn’t, have now learnt a valuable life lesson.

EA is an awful company with a terrible track record there is no doubt, but this is their game. You pay for the right play it on their terms, you spend money on their game, remember that.
  • graff26lfc
    949 posts Professional
    I would of banned them for good ❤️❤️❤️❤️ cheats,I had a similar thing happen on a game on my mobile where I could claim multiple rewards and have a advantage on other players,I reported it.

As soon as you claim it a second time you knew there was a exploit and therefore made a choice to continue abusing it or not