FIFA 22 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Chyp2075
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    But if you play someone out of position they lose points, do you still think it;s worth it?
  • Danimal5981
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 10
    Chyp2075 wrote: »
    But if you play someone out of position they lose points, do you still think it;s worth it?

Get better players :wink: or develop a youngster according to your needs.
    At Ajax the half backs are always wing backs, so they'll score (almost) equal as RB/LB or RM/LM
    GK

RCDM - LCDM
    (conservative, cover centre, cut passing lanes)

RM - CM - LM
    (this line drops in, or comes back for defending)

RW/RAM (stay wide) - CF/CAM (stick in position) - LW/LAM (stay wide)

ST
    (false nine, or target man)

We call this The Christmas Tree-tactic
    x
    xx
    xxx
    xxxx
  • ArladArlad
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys, just wondering for those who play a back 4 do you have any input or advice on the positioning of the CBs? I recall that during Closed Beta EA had tweaked the starting positions of defenders to allow more room/passing and running lanes for attackers, loads of my friends have commented they find it difficult to keep a clean sheet on FIFA, and I'm wondering if some of that has anything to do with the defensive positioning of the 2 CBs?
    If you play 4231 or 433, have a look at the penalty spot and look at the gap between the two cb's and the CDM, I am thinking about tinkering with the starting positions to see if I can draw them in a little bit, hopefully make it a little more tighter and compact.
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    Lately I've instructed my number 6 to "drop between the defenders". It really gives a feel of a back 5 and provides better cover in front of goal. I haven't done anything about the CB's though.
  • Danimal5981
    ArladArlad wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering for those who play a back 4 do you have any input or advice on the positioning of the CBs? I recall that during Closed Beta EA had tweaked the starting positions of defenders to allow more room/passing and running lanes for attackers, loads of my friends have commented they find it difficult to keep a clean sheet on FIFA, and I'm wondering if some of that has anything to do with the defensive positioning of the 2 CBs?
    If you play 4231 or 433, have a look at the penalty spot and look at the gap between the two cb's and the CDM, I am thinking about tinkering with the starting positions to see if I can draw them in a little bit, hopefully make it a little more tighter and compact.

Be sure that you position then back-four no wider than the penalty box, which means CB are positioned on both sides of the half circle.

But again. playing with backs in FIFA is asking for trouble; avoid it at any cost and teach yourself to play high up, far from your own goal.
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Not sure if I missed an update to the website or what changed but I can now drag pictures from my desktop to the text box and post. I do not have to upload to imgur and copy the link anymore?

Is this new or have I just always missed it? :D So much quicker for updates now.
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Not sure if I missed an update to the website or what changed but I can now drag pictures from my desktop to the text box and post. I do not have to upload to imgur and copy the link anymore?

Is this new or have I just always missed it? :D So much quicker for updates now.

It’s new and so freaking nice 😂
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    Sounds good, gonna try this later! Thanks for sharing!
  • Danimal5981
    Drag & drop works!
    So, this is how I play with Ajax - on WC it brings realistic results, on Legend it's a challenge.

qbq97kqgx0i5.png
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Interesting idea to move the CBs up. I might give it a shot. I’ve had good luck playing a high line and constant pressure but maybe your idea will improve it.
  • Virtual_K
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wyojasond wrote: »

I imagine the images are linked with the person's account, but are there limitations? Like size, number, and retention of images. Is this something the user can manage? With Imgur, I don't have to worry about images being deleted unless I do so myself.
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    Drag & drop works!
    So, this is how I play with Ajax - on WC it brings realistic results, on Legend it's a challenge.

qbq97kqgx0i5.png

Wow, the classic 0-7-3 formation! :lol:
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    Virtual_K wrote: »

I imagine the images are linked with the person's account, but are there limitations? Like size, number, and retention of images. Is this something the user can manage? With Imgur, I don't have to worry about images being deleted unless I do so myself.

Not totally sure to be honest. I’m sure it was done more for the FUT people than with us in mind 😂 They usually just want to show off one picture after a big pull.
  • Danimal5981
    Most recent update corrupted all my saved game progress - I was actually well underway with preparations for a new story and the continuation of an elder one.
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    Most recent update corrupted all my saved game progress - I was actually well underway with preparations for a new story and the continuation of an elder one.

Wow, that's horrible! Do you play on PC, or which console?
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 17

Wow, that's horrible! Do you play on PC, or which console?

PC - was halfway in a season with Wisla Kraków (hence the post not so long ago in that thread) as well as starting a new career at a modest club in Germany. Still might pick that one up, just need to replay first part of the season.
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    I'm thinking about playing a second career, this one slower paced going game by game with Crystal Palace to build using the academy. Has anyone done a career where you lose often? Do you get sacked right away like in previous FIFA's?

I want it to be really hard, no way I should be close to top 6 with Palace so I plan to play Ultimate and see how it goes. But I also do not want to get sacked halfway through the year like I have in years past.
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    I'm thinking about playing a second career, this one slower paced going game by game with Crystal Palace to build using the academy. Has anyone done a career where you lose often? Do you get sacked right away like in previous FIFA's?

I want it to be really hard, no way I should be close to top 6 with Palace so I plan to play Ultimate and see how it goes. But I also do not want to get sacked halfway through the year like I have in years past.

No clue, but again this is why the game needs to offer an owner option. I should be able to get relegated with a team and stay there. Hate how you can get fired for some of the stupidest stuff
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner

No clue, but again this is why the game needs to offer an owner option. I should be able to get relegated with a team and stay there. Hate how you can get fired for some of the stupidest stuff

That would be awesome. I want to try rebuilding something long term without the concern of getting sacked because I did not reach the quarter-finals in a cup.
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional

I like the idea, would really like to play and fight these relegation battles and perhaps endure a relegation in the process, but the risk of getting fired and the game being too easy makes it hard to avoid these "win it all" campaigns... And that's a shame...

@gavin2903: You got relegated with Ipswich Town in FIFA21, didn't you? Without getting fired. Is there anything you can add from that experience?
  • Stlducks wrote: »

I like the idea, would really like to play and fight these relegation battles and perhaps endure a relegation in the process, but the risk of getting fired and the game being too easy makes it hard to avoid these "win it all" campaigns... And that's a shame...

@gavin2903: You got relegated with Ipswich Town in FIFA21, didn't you? Without getting fired. Is there anything you can add from that experience?

Yes, was first season back in prem and was a struggle around February/March time I decided to see if I could get relegated and survive. I achieved all other objectives and just kept my manager rating out of the red. I thought was gonna take a few attempts to get the balance right but worked first time. I would advise a good cup run then storyline wise you could potentially blame the extended cup run for poor form in the league. Complete other objectives, but if there is a possibility of saving them til later in season that would be useful as it'll give rating a boost when needed. Obviously this was Fifa 21, but I have seen people get relegated in Fifa 22 and still keep going
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 26
    ...but the risk of getting fired and the game being too easy makes it hard to avoid these "win it all" campaigns... And that's a shame...

If the national goals are not too steep you'll survive a relegation, I guarantee you :wink:
  • Wasn't planning a Leeds career this year, but how things are I'm feeling the urge to do one. FYI I still don't think we're going down forgive the optimism and possible delusion 🤣

Anyways may still be some time off from playing any Fifa but considering relegating Leeds in game and retiring James Milner then trying to get him the Leeds Job. Might take a few attempts and reloads to get it to happen tho
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    Wasn't planning a Leeds career this year, but how things are I'm feeling the urge to do one. FYI I still don't think we're going down forgive the optimism and possible delusion 🤣

Anyways may still be some time off from playing any Fifa but considering relegating Leeds in game and retiring James Milner then trying to get him the Leeds Job. Might take a few attempts and reloads to get it to happen tho

That would make for a really fun story. Especially if you build up to the point of facing Liverpool with Milner and Klopp.
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    Wasn't planning a Leeds career this year, but how things are I'm feeling the urge to do one. FYI I still don't think we're going down forgive the optimism and possible delusion 🤣

I love the "retire a player and take over his previous club" approach. It's only frustrating that it's not something you can just CHOOSE to do, in stead having to make all these tests and tries, before the player can be appointed at the club in question.

The times I've had a manager with a physical resemblance of the one he was supposed to be, it has always made the campaign and story feel more alive to me. I hope you'll find the time to do this, and I hope it works out for you with retiring Milner and getting offered this particular job.
  • Have spent 20 odd mins reloading, creating new careers and setting up slightly different and I've had option to sign for every team thats in the Championship as well as occasional Prem side but not once have I received an option to sign for Leeds, guess I'll have to try something different
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Have spent 20 odd mins reloading, creating new careers and setting up slightly different and I've had option to sign for every team thats in the Championship as well as occasional Prem side but not once have I received an option to sign for Leeds, guess I'll have to try something different

What I did for my Poch one was just look up a video for how to make Poch on FIFA. Not perfect but it’s close.

You can try that with Milner then just edit his player to make him awful and a free agent so he’s “retired”
  • I might try that, I'm not attached to the idea of Milner. I'll happily just plod along with a Leeds Career and refer to The Manager as normally do, would've been a nice touch
  • Chyp2075
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I might be a little too late but I got sacked from season one with the create a club, I was bottom but the table was really close and I had picked up a few points in the latter games.
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is very frustrating at times, it's like I'm not allowed clean sheets 🤣 just dominated a game, game well and truly over scoreline wise but then opponents turn into Prime Barca in injury time to score a consultation goal 🤦‍♂️