The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• AaronMFC
    2679 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last time we won on pens at old trafford we got promoted in the same season. Now hopefully history repeats itself.
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class

4th time this has happened in the last year or so
    None of the other three got overturned on appeal im sure this won’t too
    I just give up
    Oxford are a decent side who could have beaten us legitimately but YET AGAIN the game has been totally ruined, it’s every week against us at the moment
    Worst thing is I can feel myself drifting away from the sport because of it
  • iHilarious
    13658 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 5
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

I just give up
    Oxford are a decent side who could have beaten us legitimately but YET AGAIN the game has been totally ruined, it’s every week against us at the moment

The only reason a 2nd red didn’t come, is because of the first… we deserved that 100%

• Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »

I just give up

The only reason a 2nd red didn’t come, is because of the first… we deserved that 100%

https:/1489985330975490048?s=M21
    And the only reason Hirst made that challenge was because he was so annoyed we had been completely shafted yet again
    As I said you’re a good side that would have been favourites to win that game anyway but every week at the moment we have a bitter bitter taste in our mouths about the officiating

• Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    edited February 5
    Like I know every team thinks they are hard done by but the last year has been a joke
    I think we’ve had one penalty in the last calendar year in about 60 games with about 7/8 stonewall pens not given
    We’ve had maybe three potential red cards like that Hirst one not given as a red and in the same time span had 4 given that were so bad the opponents admitted it was never a red, and another three or four that were very dodgy
    And that’s ignoring the countless amount of other nonsense like Charltons goal in midweek where they were 1.5 yards offside stationary and it still gets missed
    Earlier this season we had three games in a row where we scored and as we were scoring the ref blew up to give us a free kick and disallowed our goal because he forgot to play advantage
    It’s just been the most miraculous awful run with refs and frankly the whole club is reaching the point where we can’t be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ assed anymore with even turning up
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    Like I know every team thinks they are hard done by but the last year has been a joke
    I think we’ve had one penalty in the last calendar year in about 60 games with about 7/8 stonewall pens not given
    We’ve had maybe three potential red cards like that Hirst one not given as a red and in the same time span had 4 given that were so bad the opponents admitted it was never a red, and another three or four that were very dodgy
    And that’s ignoring the countless amount of other nonsense like Charltons goal in midweek where they were 1.5 yards offside stationary and it still gets missed
    Earlier this season we had three games in a row where we scored and as we were scoring the ref blew up to give us a free kick and disallowed our goal because he forgot to play advantage
    It’s just been the most miraculous awful run with refs and frankly the whole club is reaching the point where we can’t be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ assed anymore with even turning up

We just cheated Man United out of a game at Old Trafford, I’ve never felt so easy done by since I started supporting the club lol.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Extra Mil added to Spence's price tag :D
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Extra Mil added to Spence's price tag :D

Yeah cheers man, be up to 20 mil by the summer with a bit of luck haha.

• iHilarious
    edited February 7

I just give up

https:/1489985330975490048?s=M21
    And the only reason Hirst made that challenge was because he was so annoyed we had been completely shafted yet again
    As I said you’re a good side that would have been favourites to win that game anyway but every week at the moment we have a bitter bitter taste in our mouths about the officiating

03c3a95c90795cbb254245d7125eb019.jpg

Considering Brannagan gets to the ball first, that looks pretty reckless to me…
  • iHilarious
    edited February 7
    I worked it out..
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    There was no force to the challenge and considering the ball is at waist height of Morrell (who is an absolutely huge giant of a man at 5ft 6) there was no reason for him to expect the challenge to be made with Brannagans head
    In fact if he had kicked it he would have easily got there first so I still don’t understand why he’s even putting his head down there
  • iHilarious
    Even if his head isn’t down it hits him in the chest… :lol:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Like Derby County, I cannot believe this thread is still going.
    If there's any justice, Brennan and Djed Spence will be in the TOTY for the EFL.
  • iHilarious
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    If there's any justice, Brennan and Djed Spence will be in the TOTY for the EFL.

Brannagan IMO
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class

I mean he only kicked the ball and never made any contact with Brannagan at all :joy:
  • AaronMFC
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

Jones might have something to say about that. Glad Spence is doing well though he started class for us and his form just tailed off could clearly see he had talent though.
  • iHilarious

I mean he only kicked the ball and never made any contact with Brannagan at all :joy:

Endangering an opponent, have a look x
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class

At least we don’t have Jacketball to watch anymore
  • AaronMFC
    Very good performance overall shame our keeper is awful again this season. Good point against a good team.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    Moaning Mowbray strikes again
  • AaronMFC
    Oh and words cant describe Isaiah running down the right hand side.
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Ever since Samba took a knock on his head during the Derby game he's done some strange things. Today he slapped/punched another player right in front of the ref for a straight red.
  • Handy Andy
    6332 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Ever since Samba took a knock on his head during the Derby game he's done some strange things. Today he slapped/punched another player right in front of the ref for a straight red.
    He’s rubbish pal, never knew why forest fans rated Samba
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    Yeh my mate had the game on and I was so confused by what Samba did
    I thought at first he was trying to move the Stoke player out the way but no he was slapping him for no reason
  • WFCBagnall
    95955 posts Moderator
    Really happy with the appointment of Michael Flynn.

Just hope ge gets the backing of our owner and director of football in the summer.
  • iHilarious
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Just hope ge gets the backing of our owner and director of football in the summer.

With the lack of FFP in non-league it should be a fun one for you
  • WFCBagnall
    95955 posts Moderator
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

With the lack of FFP in non-league it should be a fun one for you

We won't go down, just :D
  • Hicksy2011
    19039 posts World Class
    edited February 19
    Another one to add to the book of bad refs today
    Crewe pitch is not great quality but definitely playable, bounces and rolls in all areas
    Both teams completely happy to play, no rain on the way, about to go out and warm up
    Ref decides to call it off as its ‘waterlogged’ an hour before the game