Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    9573 posts League Winner
    Yeah the attackers are beyond worrying at this stage, I really wanted/want Werner to succeed, but he just looks absolutely run down, zero confidence.

Major overhaul needed attack wise unfortunately, despite how much we have spent. I honestly don't know what it is with us and attackers, we seem cursed.
  • Cyodine
    5706 posts Big Money Move
    Crazy how some clubs spend so much but still require "rebuilds".
  • VVD4
    5803 posts Big Money Move
    Cyodine wrote: »

Agreed. United being the main culprits.

Yet it is us that gets accused of not planning or rebuilding (even by our own fans on Reddit).

You could argue we are probably one of the best prepared Clubs for the future right now.
  • Ashy
    20119 posts Club Captain
    Bet if Chelsea focused in their elite academy they'd have some quality players coming through now rather than loan after loan then cash in on them like meat
  • G000ner
    8310 posts League Winner
    Fairplay to Kepa for bouncing back after being dropped and having a nightmare season. A lot of overpaid players in his position would've just sulked.
  • Cyodine
    VVD4 wrote: »

Yet it is us that gets accused of not planning or rebuilding (even by our own fans on Reddit).

You could argue we are probably one of the best prepared Clubs for the future right now.

Yeah... I don't really understand the criticism we receive sometimes, boggles my mind. We have been introducing younger talent from within or buying abroad on a consistent basis. If I recall correctly, Thiago has been our only senior player that we've purchased recently and that is because he walks straight into the XI. Everyone else has been to prepare for the future to avoid a full team overhaul.

It also helps that we have a certain type of player we are looking for and a system in place for those types to excel. In a lot of ways, we are lucky to have FSG, the staff, and Klopp.
  • VVD4

Yeah... I don't really understand the criticism we receive sometimes, boggles my mind. We have been introducing younger talent from within or buying abroad on a consistent basis. If I recall correctly, Thiago has been our only senior player that we've purchased recently and that is because he walks straight into the XI. Everyone else has been to prepare for the future to avoid a full team overhaul.

It also helps that we have a certain type of player we are looking for and a system in place for those types to excel. In a lot of ways, we are lucky to have FSG, the staff, and Klopp.

I think in the Summer, people within our fanbase were really up in arms about us not signing another forward and “FSG out” was becoming quite a common sight among the fans.

Having signed Diaz, I expected these same guys to hold their hands up and take back the stuff they’ve said, but it seems that nothing is ever good enough for them. They’ve moved onto our midfield now, or bringing up Salah’s contract. I can’t understand having this mentality as a fan of a Club. The whole point is to enjoy it, is it not? We quite literally have the best Liverpool squad of my lifetime, and it’s not enough.

I’ve had a few arguments on Reddit with these entitled fans, stating that in the past 3 windows, we’ve brought in Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas, Konate and Diaz, which goes against everything they say about FSG not wanting to improve the team/compete.

They always love to bring up the fact that we didn’t sign anyone after winning the CL, as we should have signed players when we were in a position of strength. But we won the PL the next season?

I argued that justified not signing anyone, but got downvoted into oblivion.

I argued that we did exactly what they wanted after winning the PL, and didn’t win anything, which shows that signing players when you’re in a position of strength doesn’t actually guarantee anything anyway, and was downvoted into oblivion again. It’s bizarre.
  • Cyodine

I think in the Summer, people within our fanbase were really up in arms about us not signing another forward and “FSG out” was becoming quite a common sight among the fans.

Having signed Diaz, I expected these same guys to hold their hands up and take back the stuff they’ve said, but it seems that nothing is ever good enough for them. They’ve moved onto our midfield now, or bringing up Salah’s contract. I can’t understand having this mentality as a fan of a Club. The whole point is to enjoy it, is it not? We quite literally have the best Liverpool squad of my lifetime, and it’s not enough.

I’ve had a few arguments on Reddit with these entitled fans, stating that in the past 3 windows, we’ve brought in Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas, Konate and Diaz, which goes against everything they say about FSG not wanting to improve the team/compete.

They always love to bring up the fact that we didn’t sign anyone after winning the CL, as we should have signed players when we were in a position of strength. But we won the PL the next season?

I argued that justified not signing anyone, but got downvoted into oblivion.

I argued that we did exactly what they wanted after winning the PL, and didn’t win anything, which shows that signing players when you’re in a position of strength doesn’t actually guarantee anything anyway, and was downvoted into oblivion again. It’s bizarre.

It does seem a lot of fans only care about who their team signs during the transfer windows. It's almost like a popularity contest between fans of different teams as to who signed the best player(s) during each window. I'll admit, it's exciting no doubt but it doesn't worry me if we don't pursue anyone, I just simply have that faith in the club to make the right calls.

A lot of fans also forget how FSG have heavily reinvested a lot of money into strengthening our training facilities and improving the grounds. Those are the type of long term investments that pay out dividends later on, they may not be as flashy as a high profile signing but they'll be just as good or better. Having the ability to improve players or produce players at the highest level beats having to spend heavily in the market.

I don't believe a well oiled team is in need of constant improvements or adjustments. It's kind of like that saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", because if we sign a player, that tells me we had a spot that needed improvements or depth. There's no need to bring in a player that is unnecessary that could potentially disrupt the squad, especially when things are going better than great.

• Shshj
    12268 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Yeah the attackers are beyond worrying at this stage, I really wanted/want Werner to succeed, but he just looks absolutely run down, zero confidence.

Major overhaul needed attack wise unfortunately, despite how much we have spent. I honestly don't know what it is with us and attackers, we seem cursed.

Plenty of work to be done for sure.

Lukaku looks really out of sorts, worryingly so. He’s already lost the fans so he has to improve and fast.

Havertz has failed to kick on from last season, not that he’d be going anywhere anyway.

Werner’s a lost cause. His confidence has been broken and he needs to be shifted in the summer.

CHO & Pulisic fall into the same bracket for me. Two promising players who struggle for consistency. I don’t think the latter will be here beyond next year anyway.

Ziyech looks more comfortable at RW but again, he’s another one who struggles with consistency. These are a big few months for his career.

Like I said, Mount’s the only one I’d kick up a fuss about keeping. We should also be having serious discussion about integrating Broja into the XI next season rather than cashing in for a quick buck.
  • Cyodine
    Shshj wrote: »

Lukaku looks really out of sorts, worryingly so. He’s already lost the fans so he has to improve and fast.

Havertz has failed to kick on from last season, not that he’d be going anywhere anyway.

Werner’s a lost cause. His confidence has been broken and he needs to be shifted in the summer.

CHO & Pulisic fall into the same bracket for me. Two promising players who struggle for consistency. I don’t think the latter will be here beyond next year anyway.

Ziyech looks more comfortable at RW but again, he’s another one who struggles with consistency. These are a big few months for his career.

Like I said, Mount’s the only one I’d kick up a fuss about keeping. We should also be having serious discussion about integrating Broja into the XI next season rather than cashing in for a quick buck.

That's a lot of attackers to attempt to shift during the summer, might see Tuchel shifted instead to avoid the need of a rebuild.
  • El_Nino
    9573 posts League Winner

That's a lot of attackers to attempt to shift during the summer, might see Tuchel shifted instead to avoid the need of a rebuild.

Shifting two would be plenty, which should be possible.

Regardless who would we get? What's the point in shifting Tuchel when there's no better alternative available, I'd much rather keep faith in Tuchel and give him the chance to transform us.

• Bobo23
    4545 posts National Call-Up

No chance Tuchel goes anywhere in the summer, we've made some stupid managerial decisions but that would just be ludicrously stupid.

Plus when Chilwell and James are both fit and back in the team, there simply won't be the space or chances to accommodate CHO, Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech. So two of the above will definitely be off this summer imo.
  • Shshj
    I’d much rather get rid of every attacker if it means keeping Tuchel.
  • Nem
    8041 posts League Winner
    Luton away. Will be a few battles that day on and off the pitch.
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    Mendy is the best keeper in the world
  • Shshj
    Mendy’s meteoric rise continues, has the chance to win another one next week too.
  • yosef167
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »

he wasnt the best even in this tournament
    he made 2 amatuer mistakes today
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »

Would you like some pepper with that salt?
  • Pietu
    11913 posts Has That Special Something

:lol:
  • WryLucky
    6209 posts Big Money Move
    Mendy is clear now he can save pens.
  • Ibte10
    2655 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another trophy for Mendy B)

CWC and Carabao Cup to add soon
  • Pietu
    11913 posts Has That Special Something

Says the man who always goes missing when Chelsea doesn't win :wink:
  • VVD4

That would have been funny if you said fries. What a fumble. Pepper? :D
  • yosef167
    4860 posts National Call-Up

That would have been funny if you said fries. What a fumble. Pepper? :D

yea i prefer Fries 😬
    maybe i can feel better
  • Shshj
    Back to the 3 CBs. Will be interesting to see if Havertz and Lukaku are playing up top together, or if it's the usual 3-4-2-1.

• WryLucky
    Would have liked to see how Havertz did in Mount's position in the 4atb but oh well.
  • Ibte10
    2655 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hope Pereira doesn't wreck us this time...
  • VVD4
    Is this really not on a HD channel in the UK? :|
  • WryLucky
    Is this really not on a HD channel in the UK? :|

You can stream it on Channel 4 but otherwise no.
  • WryLucky
    About time, Al-Hilal are terrible at defending.