If you are justifying EAs pick you are a clown

Comments

• MadeYouLook91
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rich wrote: »
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    BENAF wrote: »
    I am sure EA is getting that's dirty money from PSG owners to promote their oil team with their Sport washing scandal . The most unlikable team ever.

Most unlikeable? Liverpool surely?

It's Derby for me but i'm a Forest fan.

That's different that's local rivalry, universally unlikable I'd say is Liverpool

A Liverpool fan slept with your wife? Or maybe it was the whole team?
  • DannySTFC
    9451 posts League Winner
    12346789 wrote: »
    Jealous of Liverpool's history is the only reason neutral fans would hate us

This post is exactly why people hate Liverpool, the fans are delusional.
  • Chavez76
    9804 posts League Winner
    DannySTFC wrote: »

dont think ANYONE outside UK feel that Liverpool is the most hated team in the world. Coming from a Dutch Ajax fan by the way.

Think you might be mistaking 'England' with 'The World'
  • GETEM555
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dazs23 wrote: »
    I am sure EA is getting that's dirty money from PSG owners to promote their oil team with their Sport washing scandal . The most unlikable team ever.

That's different that's local rivalry, universally unlikable I'd say is Liverpool

Why? They've not bought success like Chelsea or Man City. And they've not tried to buy success and failed like Man Utd recently. They have a way lower net spend and just a top manager and great recruitment.

Can't see where the hate is unless you're a Man Utd or Everton fan.

What a flawed argument that is. Liverpool haven’t bought success despite breaking the record for a keeper and a defender. Because of the coutinho money?

But United have tried buying success because the money comes from commercial sponsorship instead of player sales?

Amazing that net spend only includes so
    ld players and no other revenue!

Well would you like to include debt on the club also? And net spend is a good reflector of spending within your means. You surely can't deny Man Utd have massively underachieved compared to their spend and wage bill? Check yearly losses and come back to me and I might change my mind.

Also, Maguire is the most expensive defender in the world. Chew on that.

When was the last time we was close to breaking FFP if our net spend is so bad?

Truth of the matter is we have to pay big because it’s Manchester United. Atletico wanted 40m from us for Trippier for example. Everybody knew maguire wasn’t an 80m defender but we pay a premium on every player because of the money that the club creates.

Debt repayments are included in the net spend you drip. Have a look at yearly profits between us and you. How many big names have we sold to create that?

Your club even tried to furlough its staff to try and save money! United paid every member of staff even down to the food kiosk workers their normal monthly wage whilst football wasn’t even being played.

I should have clarified I meant net transfer spend. So you admit you blow millions on wages and fees without having to sell players. Whereas Liverpool have to sell players and reinvest, have less commercial income and are more successful than you recently.

That was exactly my point. Thanks.

Why? They've not bought success like Chelsea or Man City. And they've not tried to buy success and failed like Man Utd recently. They have a way lower net spend and just a top manager and great recruitment.

What a flawed argument that is. Liverpool haven’t bought success despite breaking the record for a keeper and a defender. Because of the coutinho money?

But United have tried buying success because the money comes from commercial sponsorship instead of player sales?

Well would you like to include debt on the club also? And net spend is a good reflector of spending within your means. You surely can't deny Man Utd have massively underachieved compared to their spend and wage bill? Check yearly losses and come back to me and I might change my mind.

Truth of the matter is we have to pay big because it’s Manchester United. Atletico wanted 40m from us for Trippier for example. Everybody knew maguire wasn’t an 80m defender but we pay a premium on every player because of the money that the club creates.

Debt repayments are included in the net spend you drip. Have a look at yearly profits between us and you. How many big names have we sold to create that?

Your club even tried to furlough its staff to try and save money! United paid every member of staff even down to the food kiosk workers their normal monthly wage whilst football wasn’t even being played.

I should have clarified I meant net transfer spend. So you admit you blow millions on wages and fees without having to sell players. Whereas Liverpool have to sell players and reinvest, have less commercial income and are more successful than you recently.

People don’t like Liverpool because they’re like a cult who reiterate the same bs points and don’t seem to have an actual opinion of their own. You guys act like you’re some underdogs fighting against the super powers even though your wage bill is the second highest in the league, source:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-surging-wage-bill-how-20473228.amp

• Danny1894
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 21
    Chavez76 wrote: »

dont think ANYONE outside UK feel that Liverpool is the most hated team in the world. Coming from a Dutch Ajax fan by the way.

Really? There isn’t one set of fans outside the U.K. who might hate them?
  • Chavez76
    9804 posts League Winner
    Danny1894 wrote: »

well, not sure if I typed, but it was certainly not what I mend.
    Anywhere in the world there is someone who hates something. Sure. But Liverpool being the most hated team in the world? Neh. There's a lot more hated teams I think.
  • Hoopsterz
    3256 posts National Call-Up
    Funny how pretty much all the reason people 'hate' Liverpool could also but the same reasons people 'hate' ManU/Chelsea/City etc..

We apart from the history aspect for City and Chelsea..
  • Dazs23
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect

Define recently…

VARD67876 wrote: »

😂😂 amazes me that Liverpool fans throw this one out. 90% of your trophies were before I was born

Seeing as football as a sport has being going nearly 150 years most of it was before most people were born, it's a nothing statement.

The typical united bitterness of fans that only knew success and now can't handle it, You're the Liverpool fans of the 90s.

As for history, there's United fans out in Manchester right now stealing cars that have never witnessed united winning the league :)

Who’s stealing cars under the age of 9?
  • Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite

Don't think juventus fans are too fond of them tbh.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    GETEM555 wrote: »

People don’t like Liverpool because they’re like a cult who reiterate the same bs points and don’t seem to have an actual opinion of their own. You guys act like you’re some underdogs fighting against the super powers even though your wage bill is the second highest in the league, source:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-surging-wage-bill-how-20473228.amp

I expect they won't be 2nd now but yes they do have a high wage bill. That year you refer to was partly related to bonuses from winning the league. However, their net transfer spend over the last 5 years is lower than West Ham, Wolves, Villa, Brighton, Newcastle, Everton, Fulham! There is no comparison to Man Utd and Man City
  • Mike1234
    267 posts Sunday League Hero

And you support ?
  • Hoopsterz
    Gotta say out of the top 4 big teams the one i hate the least is Liverpool..

United fans are deluded and just impossible to have a discussion with so they are top IMO.
  • GETEM555
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I expect they won't be 2nd now but yes they do have a high wage bill. That year you refer to was partly related to bonuses from winning the league. However, their net transfer spend over the last 5 years is lower than West Ham, Wolves, Villa, Brighton, Newcastle, Everton, Fulham! There is no comparison to Man Utd and Man City

No it wasn’t:

“But where the wages stand presently, only second to Man City, and with further bonuses linked to the Premier League success to be paid next year, as well as the addition of the likes of Jota and Thiago, there could be a another steep rise to come”

I’m not mad at Liverpool for spending money, you have to in order to even have a chance of being successful but this narrative surrounding the club that they’re spending similar to the likes of the teams you mentioned is ludicrous. You guys spend at least £100mil more in wages each year than the teams you mentioned.

• ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    I actually quite like liverpool,
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

United fans are deluded and just impossible to have a discussion with so they are top IMO.

This is deffo Chelsea fans, call any of their players trash and they will bring up a picture of them with a CL trophy like that changes the argument.

• PHNTMx
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Liverpool fans in the mud.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1052 posts Professional

Nah its the accent, most annoying accent in the world.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 21

No it wasn’t:

“But where the wages stand presently, only second to Man City, and with further bonuses linked to the Premier League success to be paid next year, as well as the addition of the likes of Jota and Thiago, there could be a another steep rise to come”

I’m not mad at Liverpool for spending money, you have to in order to even have a chance of being successful but this narrative surrounding the club that they’re spending similar to the likes of the teams you mentioned is ludicrous. You guys spend at least £100mil more in wages each year than the teams you mentioned.

Okay I got the bonus bit wrong my bad! It just mentioned bonuses from performance in general not from winning the league.

Liverpool actually have the 4th highest wage bill now. Some 90 million a year behind Man Utd. Check here:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

In the last 5 seasons there is a 320million difference in net transfer spend between Liverpool and Man Utd. I would say it's not comparable. Surely you can't argue it is?

• Retro1989
    7434 posts Big Money Move

Nah its the accent, most annoying accent in the world.

Was on holiday a few years ago and there was a Liverpool fan at the bar telling everyone how he can speak spanish. No one cared but off he went with that terrible accent "Uno, dos, tres, come on someone write it down, cuatro, erm cinco? I think, why isn't anyone listening to me?"

Really felt sorry for the barman as his language was getting butchered.
  • Dazs23
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    As a United fan, Leeds are more hated than the scousers. I consider Liverpool to be like covid, annoying but you know it’ll ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off into the background after a couple of years
  • Springveldt
    6921 posts Big Money Move
    Strange choice as Liverpool as the most hated. I'm Scottish but when I was younger Liverpool were my "English team". They had a load of great Scottish players (Dalglish, Souness, Hanson, Nicol, Gillespie). I suppose it helped with them being a great team as well.

I'd have thought people would have disliked Man City or Chelsea more with all the money buying them success.
  • Danny1894
    edited January 21
    ICUP wrote: »

This is deffo Chelsea fans, call any of their players trash and they will bring up a picture of them with a CL trophy like that changes the argument.

So online interactions with what are probably little kids as opposed to actual fans?

I didn’t see Chelsea fans smashing London up like Liverpool did when they won the league. Utd have never got English clubs banned from Europe. City have never attacked the emergency services after winning the league. Arsenal fans don’t push Asian men into fountains whilst calling them Mr Miyagi. Spurs fans don’t smash up coaches transporting players to games pre match.

Liverpool have a large number of disgusting fans, nobody else is even comparable.
  • JTID
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 21

As Juventus fans we do indeed hate Liverpool. It’s calmed a little now, but prior to this last decade, any English fans in the Curva were made to feel very uncomfortable because of them.
  • Hoopsterz
    As a United fan, Leeds are more hated than the scousers. I consider Liverpool to be like covid, annoying but you know it’ll ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off into the background after a couple of years

Funnily enough i think that has been United's game plan since Fergie left..
  • ICUP
    edited January 21

So online interactions with what are probably little kids as opposed to actual fans?

I didn’t see Chelsea fans smashing London up like Liverpool did when they won the league. Utd have never got English clubs banned from Europe. City have never attacked the emergency services after winning the league. Arsenal fans don’t push Asian men into fountains whilst calling them Mr Miyagi. Spurs fans don’t smash up coaches transporting players to games pre match.

Liverpool have a large number of disgusting fans, nobody else is even comparable.

Chelsea fans were kicking black fans off a train. Went abroad and were doing Nastee salutes, let’s not act as if Liverpool fans are the worst when they are not
  • ICUP
    edited January 21
  • Bob_Bobson
    2884 posts Fans' Favourite
    @RadioShaq you may want to close this nonsense as it's turned into a, "your football team is worse than my football team" nonsense argument.
  • Danny1894

Chelsea fans were kicking black fans off a train. Went abroad and were doing Nastee salutes, let’s not act as if Liverpool fans are the worst when they are not

Have Chelsea or any other club ever got a whole nation banned from European competitions?
  • ICUP
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    @RadioShaq you may want to close this nonsense as it's turned into a, "your football team is worse than my football team" nonsense argument.

Why does it concern you if people are discussing other teams fans? You aiming for a forum role or something?

Have Chelsea or any other club ever got a whole nation banned from European competitions?

True but that means England fans as a whole are the worst considering we could be missing out on hosting due to the Euro final shambles with people storming Wembley and the fact that we are booing other nations anthems
  • GitGood
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I’m really honest many football fans can’t stand Liverpool. Everything is about them, just a little bit annoying for my liking.
  • Ireland_US
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect

Liverpool fans***