Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    17981 posts World Class
    Mane is a tough one for me. He was the guy that really kickstarted our resurgence under Klopp, but I do wonder if it’s time to try someone else in his spot. I personally don’t want Jota at LW, I feel like he’s much better at ST even if it’s a big change from what Bobby offers.

I think Naby stays if he doesn’t get hurt again this year. I don’t enjoy seeing Milner either, but the guy has done so much. Would love for him to stay and become a coach in the lower levels. Guys a machine though so he’ll probably play a few more years if somebody offers him starting time. Gomez has to go sadly. Ox out too, and Neco probably deserves to be starting for a low to mid team.
  • VVD4
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    I’m 99.99% certain he isn’t going anywhere. Klopp loves him, he loves it here. He produces the goods every single season and is virtually injury free. It would be foolish to sell him. His pace isn’t going to go anywhere by the way, that’s a strange thing to say. He might get a little bit slower but he’s still going to be rapid compared to most, either way, unless he is suddenly struck with serious injury problems. Same goes for Salah.
  • El_Nino
    9397 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m 99.99% certain he isn’t going anywhere. Klopp loves him, he loves it here. He produces the goods every single season and is virtually injury free. It would be foolish to sell him. His pace isn’t going to go anywhere by the way, that’s a strange thing to say. He might get a little bit slower but he’s still going to be rapid compared to most, either way, unless he is suddenly struck with serious injury problems. Same goes for Salah.

My comment wasn't to say his pace is suddenly going, just if it does, he's dead in the water. And now he's in his 30s theres always a bigger risk of it.

Salah is a different class, and I entirely agree under no circumstance should you sell him.

Mane is expendable and could be replaced, potentially for the better in the long run.
  • VVD4
    By the way, watching the likes of Gordon, Morton and Neco Williams play this season really hits it home how special Elliot is in comparison.
  • Cyodine
    5461 posts Big Money Move
    By the way, watching the likes of Gordon, Morton and Neco Williams play this season really hits it home how special Elliot is in comparison.

He's just levels above them and it's insane.
  • VVD4
    El_Nino wrote: »

My comment wasn't to say his pace is suddenly going, just if it does, he's dead in the water. And now he's in his 30s theres always a bigger risk of it.

Salah is a different class, and I entirely agree under no circumstance should you sell him.

Mane is expendable and could be replaced, potentially for the better in the long run.

He’s not even 30 yet, and I disagree, he is a lot more than just pace. That’s actually a massive insult. There have been plenty of “pace” players in the PL, and they don’t score anywhere near as often as Mane has done during his time in England. 103 to be precise. A massive chunk of his goals have nothing to do with pace either.
  • Cyodine
    5461 posts Big Money Move
    I just don't see a need to sell Mane unless he wants to go elsewhere. He can do well as an impact sub or even as a striker if he starts to lose his pace and his wages are nothing that's going to cripple us.
  • VVD4
    Salah: 23
    Jota: 14
    Mane: 10
    Firmino: 7
    Minamino: 6
    Origi: 5

Do we have the best group of forwards in the League?
  • Maverick
    9973 posts Has That Special Something
    Duh.
  • Argie8
    6929 posts Big Money Move
    I’m still yet to see the hype with Elliot tbh. He looked decent enough but he’s barely played for us. I’m hesitant to put him in the Sterling, TAA, etc bracket just yet
  • tilen11
    7169 posts Big Money Move
    Salah: 23
    Jota: 14
    Mane: 10
    Firmino: 7
    Minamino: 6
    Origi: 5

Do we have the best group of forwards in the League?

Minamino is 1 goal away from being our 3rd best scorer yet he played practically nothing.

Would love to see him play more really. Just a genuine, honest, hard working guy that really deserves few more minutes.
  • yosef167
    4491 posts National Call-Up

this what should worry you guys.
    Ramy known as agent who loves to send Messages throught social media
    could be Liverpool offer isnt near what he want? no doubt Salah will extend but looks like it eill be long way
  • Sercs
    22110 posts Club Captain
    yosef167 wrote: »

this what should worry you guys.
    Ramy known as agent who loves to send Messages throught social media
    could be Liverpool offer isnt near what he want? no doubt Salah will extend but looks like it eill be long way

There will be some back and forth. I think we are quite fortunate that all the massive sides in Europe are really focused on Haaland / Mbappe at this time…
  • El_Nino
    9397 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »

He’s not even 30 yet, and I disagree, he is a lot more than just pace. That’s actually a massive insult. There have been plenty of “pace” players in the PL, and they don’t score anywhere near as often as Mane has done during his time in England. 103 to be precise. A massive chunk of his goals have nothing to do with pace either.

I get what your saying, but the second his pace goes he isn't a Liverpool level player, he's an average PL winger imo, but only time will tell.
  • VVD4
    edited January 21
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I’m still yet to see the hype with Elliot tbh. He looked decent enough but he’s barely played for us. I’m hesitant to put him in the Sterling, TAA, etc bracket just yet

Sometimes you just know, and he screams top quality to me. Not many kids can be thrown in at the beginning of a PL season and be so good that they end up starting 3 in a row before getting injured. Not just that, but he routinely looked like one of the best players on the pitch.

Edit: plus, when myself and @Cyodine predict something, our hit rate is so high that you can be pretty sure that Elliot will be fantastic ;)
  • VVD4
    Just seen that Robertson and TAA have 101 assists between them for Liverpool. That's insane.

Apparently TAA's assist ratio this season is on par with KDB's record breaking season? I only saw a random tweet, so can't confirm, but that's also insane if true.
  • Pietu
    11596 posts Has That Special Something
    Just seen that Robertson and TAA have 101 assists between them for Liverpool. That's insane.

Apparently TAA's assist ratio this season is on par with KDB's record breaking season? I only saw a random tweet, so can't confirm, but that's also insane if true.

• VVD4
    Pietu wrote: »

Nice.

He has 10 in the PL though, and the record is 20, I'm not sure if he will reach that, considering we are already halfway through the season.

He should beat his own record though. I think it is 13.
  • Pietu
    11596 posts Has That Special Something

Nice.

He has 10 in the PL though, and the record is 20, I'm not sure if he will reach that, considering we are already halfway through the season.

He is a generational talent, we are lucky to have him.
  • Snugglebites
    2885 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you see what happens when Klopp takes the League Cup seriously? No prisoners, babeh.
  • VVD4

Nice.

He is a generational talent, we are lucky to have him.

Agreed.

Elliot is next, mark my words.
  • Argie8
    6929 posts Big Money Move

Sometimes you just know, and he screams top quality to me. Not many kids can be thrown in at the beginning of a PL season and be so good that they end up starting 3 in a row before getting injured. Not just that, but he routinely looked like one of the best players on the pitch.

Edit: plus, when myself and @Cyodine predict something, our hit rate is so high that you can be pretty sure that Elliot will be fantastic ;)

I don't think his performances were quite as good as people are saying. He was solid, but had he been 25 and playing at that level the hype would be minimal imo. He only played 4 games though so he's got a whole lot of development ahead of him.

Your hit rate seems pretty normal for this forum tbh lol. Lots of correct predictions lots of bad predictions. Thankfully your correct predictions have been mainly Liverpool-related
  • VVD4
    edited January 21

I don't think his performances were quite as good as people are saying. He was solid, but had he been 25 and playing at that level the hype would be minimal imo. He only played 4 games though so he's got a whole lot of development ahead of him.

Your hit rate seems pretty normal for this forum tbh lol. Lots of correct predictions lots of bad predictions. Thankfully your correct predictions have been mainly Liverpool-related

A lot of bad ones? Gtfo. I want to see receipts. I won’t stand for this slander.
  • yosef167
    4491 posts National Call-Up
    Just noticed
    Mane vs Salah head to head who will be in world cup😬
  • VVD4
    Win our games in hand (Palace and Leeds) and the gap is down to 6.
  • tilen11
    7169 posts Big Money Move
    Win our games in hand (Palace and Leeds) and the gap is down to 6.

And still game against City so theoretically IF WE WIN the gap is 3. Lots of ifs but the title race isnt excatly over.