Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    4984 posts Big Money Move
    Gomez always needed a run of games to find form. That's just not possible with the options we have and his injury concerns. Very similar to Keita imo. Both Matip and also Konate have shown that they can slot right in anytime. He's still a great defender but let's be honest, too good (and too young) to be 4th choice.
  • VVD4
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    Partey’s good isn’t he?
  • VVD4
    Yet another test our depth has passed with flying colours. Very, very easy win that was. Really impressed. Jones was fantastic, as was our back 4.

Jota is out of this world.
  • VVD4
    edited January 20

Ridiculous stats. Joint most tackles? :D what a player.
  • Cyodine
    5461 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »

At least they won't be calling us Salah FC.

#Depth
  • Pxul_
    12038 posts Has That Special Something
    I miss Salah, I’m tempted to actually watch the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show that is afcon because I miss him that much.
  • VVD4
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I miss Salah, I’m tempted to actually watch the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show that is afcon because I miss him that much.

Just imagine how much better it is gonna get when he and Mane are back, along with Elliot.
  • Pxul_
    Nah mate mane can stay in Senegal. I hope they go to the final.
  • VVD4

Shut up :D
  • Cyodine

Just imagine how much better it is gonna get when he and Mane are back, along with Elliot.

It's actually quite insane how our team can adapt fairly well without our two best attackers, I'm not sure many teams would be able to cope as well as we have. Not to mention missing three of our most creative midfielders as well, quite a testament to our depth and the ability for our players to step up.

On top of that, we still have Origi the Goat still out injured.
  • VVD4
    Cyodine wrote: »

It's actually quite insane how our team can adapt fairly well without our two best attackers, I'm not sure many teams would be able to cope as well as we have. Not to mention missing three of our most creative midfielders as well, quite a testament to our depth and the ability for our players to step up.

On top of that, we still have Origi the Goat still out injured.

Yeah we’re coping very well so far. Happy days.

Onto Palace.
  • Pxul_

I’m telling you he’s washed bro😂 can’t wait for him to go in the summer🙏
  • Cyodine

I’m telling you he’s washed bro😂 can’t wait for him to go in the summer🙏

I'd be gutted if he left, still haven't accepted the fact that Milly is gone this summer. I'd only be ok letting Oxlade go as he's played some decent minutes this season and still has failed to impress.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21680 posts Club Captain
    Watching this team leave will be very sad.

It’s the first competent ‘squad’ we’ve had since I’ve been a fan than has been any sort of consistent
  • tilen11
    7169 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Gomez always needed a run of games to find form. That's just not possible with the options we have and his injury concerns. Very similar to Keita imo. Both Matip and also Konate have shown that they can slot right in anytime. He's still a great defender but let's be honest, too good (and too young) to be 4th choice.

Bit when he finds form and finds partenership as he dispayed with VVD until that injury :disappointed: guy was a monster.

• Cyodine
    We better be erecting a statue of the three amigos once they all retire.
  • Pxul_
    To go in the summer:

Ox
    Naby :( #BabyFit
    Bobby (be unbelievably sad if the rumours are true on this)
    Milly (thank god)
    Gomez (unfortunate)
    Mane 🙏
    Neco

I think we’re going to be very busy in the transfer window this summer.

2 new mids
    1 or 2 forwards
    1 right back
  • Shshj
    11927 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 20
    Watching this team leave will be very sad.

It’s the first competent ‘squad’ we’ve had since I’ve been a fan than has been any sort of consistent

Feel the same way looking back on Drogba, Cole, Cech, Terry, Lampard & more - albeit Liverpool dropped lower than we have thus far.

I’m sure United fans feel the same. You can’t replace those players, they’re special and, as a collective, they only come around once every 15 years. Saviour it.
  • Cyodine
    edited January 20
    To go in the summer:

Ox
    Milly (thank god)
    Gomez (unfortunate)
    Mane 🙏
    Neco

2 new mids
    1 or 2 forwards
    1 right back

Get out of here with your outgoing list. :'(
  • VVD4
    edited January 20
    To go in the summer:

Ox
    Milly (thank god)
    Gomez (unfortunate)
    Mane 🙏
    Neco

2 new mids
    1 or 2 forwards
    1 right back

Why do you dislike Mane so much? Goes to show how high the standards are here, tbh. I imagine he would comfortably start for every other PL team, bar possibly City due to their style of play, but he’d be deadly for them too. He’s got 10 goals and is arguably our hardest working member of the awesome foursome defensively. It legitimately blows my mind that anyone would want him to go.
  • Shshj
    It’s probably worth contemplating to be fair. He’s 30 this year, contract is up in 2023. Probably your last change to get a big sum for him & perhaps secure a long-term replacement.

Not sure where he’d go though.
  • VVD4
    We already have the long term Mane replacement. His name is Diogo Jota.

Salah is gonna be here and world class for years yet, so that leaves the central spot as obtainable for a newcomer.

Haaland confirmed.
  • Cyodine
    Once Mane starts to slow down, he'll become a quality depth option that we so badly need.
  • Shshj
    edited January 21
    It’ll be interesting to see what the club does in regards to his costs. Either you sell him this summer or give him a new deal.

Do you think you’ll make him a top earner on a contract that may see him through until he’s 32/33?
  • Cyodine
    Shshj wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see what the club does in regards to his costs. Either you sell him this summer or give him a new deal.

Do you think you’ll make him a top earner on a contract that may see him through until he’s 32/33?

I'm fine with FSG offering him a contract to see him through with a raise which is better than us losing our best players to other teams.
  • VVD4
    edited January 21
    He’s only on £100k and I can’t see him asking for much more.

Edit: his injury record is something we will probably think about too. He is almost never out, unlike Firmino.
  • El_Nino
    9397 posts League Winner
    If a good offer comes sell IMO, Jota looks more and more like a ready made replacement, and once Mane's pace goes he'll be terrible.

If you got a big offer then now would be the perfect time to sell IMO, it's not that he hasn't got plenty potentially left in him, but your hardly big spenders, so a huge cash injection go go grab another early to mid twenties attacker would be ideal.
  • Shshj
    Fair enough. The issue we’ve always had with top players heading into their 30’s is their ambitions for that one last big contract, we’re going through it again now with Rudiger.

Mane will be an interesting one to watch though, screams of the type of deal that will get the Serie A clubs licking their lips.