How had this not been addressed??? - Defenders tracking back/auto dropback

OfficerJimlahey
1902 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 19
I’m talking about when your defender continues to track a strikers run 30 or so yards instead of letting him run offside. This has been an issue since launch and even in previous games but it’s never been as prominent as it is since the last patch. It’s actually retarded! My entire team is on the halfway line apart from one defender that decided to run all the way back to the 18 yard line, following a strikers run. Do the programmers not know anything about football? You just hold your line and let them run offside ffs 🤦‍♂️.

I play 50 depth and pressure after possession loss. All my defenders are on step up. This is next gen btw.
Post edited by OfficerJimlahey on

Comments

• Buzzbuzz
    2632 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 19
    Yeah it's so stupid and such an easy thing to spot and fix. Just leaves a 30 yard gap between one CB and the rest of your team, it's so, so dumb
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    Yeah it's so stupid and such an easy thing to spot and fix. Just leaves a 30 yard gap between one CB and the rest of your team, it's so, so dumb

You wouldn’t even see that in a pub team! It’s stupid beyond belief and is game breaking!

I think it’s the opposition instructions - get in behind - that affects your defenders. Can you imagine seeing this total bs in any actual game of football? 😂😂

• Buzzbuzz

You wouldn’t even see that in a pub team! It’s stupid beyond belief and is game breaking!

I think it’s the opposition instructions - get in behind - that affects your defenders. Can you imagine seeing this total bs in any actual game of football? 😂😂

They really don't know what they're doing. A defender in real life would get dropped after one game. I play 60-70 depth and they still bloody do it!

How can a defender with 90+ defensive awareness be so stupid?!
  • OfficerJimlahey

They really don't know what they're doing. A defender in real life would get dropped after one game. I play 60-70 depth and they still bloody do it!

The most worrying thing about it all is how few people have picked up on it. The general understanding of football amongst the fifa community is extremely basic. I don’t watch YouTubers or anything but this is the sort of thing they should be making noise about within hours of it becoming apparent, but they don’t have a clue. 😂
  • Buzzbuzz

The most worrying thing about it all is how few people have picked up on it. The general understanding of football amongst the fifa community is extremely basic. I don’t watch YouTubers or anything but this is the sort of thing they should be making noise about within hours of it becoming apparent, but they don’t have a clue. 😂

Really not sure. Been a huge bugbear of mine for the last couple of games. It's like they want you to play a low depth game
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    I dread playing silver lounge, is the biggest robbery mode there is. Teams with red l linkS all over are faster and more agile. It reminds me of mystery ball.😁
  • Royboy
    1115 posts Professional
    Def noticed this and stopped plying offside trap which I used to love to ply with
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Royboy wrote: »
    Def noticed this and stopped plying offside trap which I used to love to ply with

Yeah it seems like you constantly have to trigger offside trap manually to stop your defenders running all the way back. Strictly speaking, it’s not an offside trap im trying to trigger, I just want my defenders to hold their line and not aimlessly run all the way back to their own goal, playing everyone onside in the process
  • SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah totally ruins my offside trap. Stupid.
  • OfficerJimlahey

How isn’t everyone outraged at it!? It’s totally wrong in football terms!! Shows a total lack of understanding of the game.

Just keep the shiny cards coming aye? 🙄

• CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    I never notice it attacking as my opponent always seems deeply encamped in his own box, even when I counter it seems. But when they break and counter I’m like how has he played that 90 yard lobbed ball?!? Only to see my defender goal side of said attacker… often wonder why he’s running that far. Why has he decided to follow that.. and how do I turn that off 😂
  • OfficerJimlahey
    I never notice it attacking as my opponent always seems deeply encamped in his own box, even when I counter it seems. But when they break and counter I’m like how has he played that 90 yard lobbed ball?!? Only to see my defender goal side of said attacker… often wonder why he’s running that far. Why has he decided to follow that.. and how do I turn that off 😂

Exactly! It defies all logic!

It doesn’t happen all the time, which leads me to believe it’s down to the player instructions that the opponent sets (which in itself is mental). I think it has something to do with get in behind instructions, the defender will track them all the way back without applying any logic.

I thought hyper motion was supposed to help the defensive AI act more like a real defence. I does in some situations but it’s not contextual. It seems to be some kind of auto drop back BS. Needs addressing urgently!
  • Royboy
    1115 posts Professional
    Royboy wrote: »

Yeah it seems like you constantly have to trigger offside trap manually to stop your defenders running all the way back. Strictly speaking, it’s not an offside trap im trying to trigger, I just want my defenders to hold their line and not aimlessly run all the way back to their own goal, playing everyone onside in the process

I wasn’t referring to the offside trap feature in Dpad but more of a manual trap where I manually pull my last defender, but even when I react fast enough, the defender takes a good amount of time to be pulled forward and often time the pass comes in a perfect timing breaking my trap. I stopped pulling my defender for this reason although it was my defending skill for the last decade.
  • Berbatov9
    206 posts Sunday League Hero
    For me this is game breaking and very annoying. I conceide so much because of this. Its beyond stupid...
  • hellodee
    1327 posts Professional
    This also encourages ppl to play drop back with their 90rated defenders..
  • Wonderkiid
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero

How isn’t everyone outraged at it!? It’s totally wrong in football terms!! Shows a total lack of understanding of the game.

I think its mostly because the majority is still playing old gen. I have given next gen a try and the auto dropback and perfect holding midfield/defence made me decide to keep playing old gen. Its really annoying to play against
  • Safk001
    967 posts Professional
    Would the “step up” instruction fix this?
  • RedPlanet1986
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I'm not outraged because I'm not good enough to notice it. Now that you've pointed it out, I'm quite angry :D
  • joehuk
    7331 posts League Winner
    Main reason I stopped playing next gen... nothing is more infuriating in this game.

Rebounds, stupid keepers, kick off attempts, corner glitches stupid passes I can all put up with and not rage.

But when you have CBs tracking a single striker to their box or in some cases the whole back line just running back to cram the box triggers me so bad.

Even when my defense did it I was annoyed.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Would the “step up” instruction fix this?

No it doesn’t work. Nothing works. It’s embarrassing a company the size of ea don’t understand the game of football after developing fifa for decades 😂
  • Craigy21
    1083 posts Professional
    Worst thing in the game this is! Wish they’d sort it out
  • macman85
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wonderkiid wrote: »
    I think its mostly because the majority is still playing old gen. I have given next gen a try and the auto dropback and perfect holding midfield/defence made me decide to keep playing old gen. Its really annoying to play against

This right here. I like to play a high-ish line (depth 50-60) and try to counter press. Next gen I just get screwed by that one dude who forgets the basics of being a defender and drops a good 20 yards behind the defensive line when there's a runner. Doesn't even cover the pass - just runs aimlessly.

That's why I play most my online games on old gen. I still prefer new gen squad battles after the last patch.
  • kim111
    63 posts Park Captain
    Dont play this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game. Its full scripted and delayed. Game engine is horrible . This game make people toxic and unhealthy. The best thing you can do its to delete and dont buy it again and do something else in your free time instead of playing this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.