Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Ashy
    19679 posts World Class
    Nobody expected Man Utd that finished 2nd with like 75 points that added Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo and didn't lose anyone important to be miles away from 3rd and in a proper top 4 scrap with 3 other teams and quite likely to finish out of it
  • VVD4
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    New kit has been leaked already, finally getting a nice, smart one.

FJUcTPhWQAULv34?format=jpg&name=large
  • ViVaWho
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    VVD4 wrote: »

such a dumb way to look at it

competition is what sets the level... if fergie needed to get 90+ points to win league titles he would have gone above and beyond to create that team.

Liverpool wouldnt have a 90+ point team if they werent competing with City. If we didnt have City, liverpool arent spending 70m+ on a GK and also a CB
  • VVD4
    edited January 18
    It’s not dumb at all.

Yeah, the competition does set the level, but City’s level is not very attainable, is it? It’s not a level playing field. In the past 4 seasons, they’ve won the League 3 times and in the one season they didn’t win it, Liverpool were required to over-perform their xG all season long and be able to play the same small group of top players week in and week out, with minimal injuries to key players. That simply isn’t sustainable.

The League is slowly but surely becoming the Bundesliga, and as I’ve said before, in the past 8 seasons, the Oil Clubs have won the League 6 times, with the only exceptions being the freak Leicester season and the crazy Liverpool season.

Even SAF would struggle to eclipse modern day Man City. Let’s not pretend that Pep’s Barcelona didn’t have his number.

Edit: that GK and CB was literally paid for by the sale of Coutinho. It wasn’t an outlandish expenditure at all. Broke even almost exactly on the nose. Not sure what City have to do with that. Our net spend is lower than pretty much all of the top/big PL teams, so it’s not like we’ve been on a spending spree just to try and catch City. Quite the opposite in fact.
  • ViVaWho
    Yeah but they only faced each other in CL, Fergie was still working with a team that wasnt set up to compete with super club, as he was still able to win PL

it would have been very interesting if Pep came in during Fergies era... i believe fergie would have built a much bigger/better side to compete, just like he did when Jose raised the level, but its impossible to know
  • VVD4
    It’s worth mentioning that the side SAF built that ended up dominating Chelsea coincided with purchasing a player that would go on to be one of the top 2 players in the world. It is nigh on impossible to replicate that, to be honest. After he left, it instantly ended your run of PL wins (I believe it was 3 in a row?) and Chelsea won it again, and it wasn’t even a Mourinho Chelsea anymore.

There is no doubt in my mind that SAF would have United up there in the past few seasons, probably on our level. But toppling this City team in their current era is a bridge too far, imo. I’ve always felt that Klopp is Fergie reincarnated, due to his personality, his style of football, the way he gets the best out of supposedly average players etc, and as good as he is, competing with this City team is an almost impossible job.
  • Pietu
    11596 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWho wrote: »

competition is what sets the level... if fergie needed to get 90+ points to win league titles he would have gone above and beyond to create that team.

Liverpool wouldnt have a 90+ point team if they werent competing with City. If we didnt have City, liverpool arent spending 70m+ on a GK and also a CB

So what you are saying is that the league is more competitive now than back in the Fergie days and the league was overrated in those days, thanks.
  • ViVaWho
    Pietu wrote: »
    ViVaWho wrote: »

So what you are saying is that the league is more competitive now than back in the Fergie days and the league was overrated in those days, thanks.

nice try

but football has evolved aswell, achievement in any era is same, league was competitive back then too but in a different way

if this City team was able to go back in time and played in 2000 then yeah it would not be competitive... but same with Fergies United team going back to 70s, then they would dominate too. If anything league is less competitive nowadays as you need super teams to compete

I get you are trolling though
  • arsenalap
    13090 posts Has That Special Something
    https://fb.watch/aCC3f6ouvM/

Last bit of this was interesting, didn't know they actually did things to help vision (makes sense of course).
  • VVD4
    Saw that last year. It really hit it home how impressive Origi's finish was, but even top footballers like Salah or whatever wouldn't be able to replicate it that easily, let alone the average man. A lot of luck was involved in it being an absolutely perfect finish.
  • Kellnerr
    4984 posts Big Money Move
    No wonder that guy was released
  • Pxul_
    12038 posts Has That Special Something
    Nabyyy laddddd anyone seen the banger?
  • Pxul_
  • VVD4
    So excited.
  • VVD4
    edited January 18
    A point ahead of Chelsea with 2 games in hand.

Lovely stuff.
  • Pxul_
    That training kit is sexy too btw
  • Kellnerr
    So Suarez next to Stevie or? 👀
  • tilen11
    7169 posts Big Money Move
    Thought I missed something important based on the amount of comments. Same old same old I see.
  • Pietu
    arsenalap wrote: »

Last bit of this was interesting, didn't know they actually did things to help vision (makes sense of course).

Just more proof that Origi's finish was World Class.
  • VVD4
    edited January 19

Scenes when he makes the bench tomorrow.
  • Cyodine
    5461 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »

Just more proof that Origi's finish was World Class.

Yep, Origi is one of the best finishers Klopp has ever seen.
  • Cyodine

Scenes when he makes the bench tomorrow.

I hope so, he's practically a new signing!
  • Pxul_
    I mean I’d prefer an actual signing but HE67 is almost as good.
  • Kellnerr
    We don't need a January signing tbh.
  • Cyodine
    edited January 19
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    We don't need a January signing tbh.

Not after seeing Matip almost score a solo goal. I really wish he would have scored that, surely goal of the month if he did. We basically have prime Messi playing in our defense, it won't be long before we start seeing Matip scoring goals for fun.

• VVD4
    Tonight, we feast.
  • Pietu
    First we feast.

Hopefully it's a hot evening.
  • VVD4
    I do not understand why you changed my wording.
  • Pietu
    edited January 20
    I do not understand why you changed my wording.

If you know you know, nothing bad though :joy: