Old gen v New gen - a short review

Mogga
3348 posts National Call-Up
I've had a ps5 since release so that's all I've ever played 22 on.

Downloaded the PS4 version on Friday n have had 20 games or so on that over 2 days.

PS4 version

It matches me against poorer players.

The overload ball side defence is mostly missing , you can generally score 4 or 5 most games

On the flip side you concede a lot more as well

PS4 goalies are better and you hit the post more as well.

Loading screens take far too long

Everyone tries to kick off glitch you and the weaker ai defending helps in this regards. Think I'd conceded 1 or 2 kick off goals all year on ps5, I've let probably treble or 4x that in , in 2 days

Everyone tries the corner glitch

A lot more celebrations get fully watched

Ps5 version

It's harder in some ways but the next gen OP defence does seem to eliminate the kick off glitchy crap goals.

Loading screens pre match are barely on the screen before it's kick off

Visually it's marginally better and a bit smoother

Passing is crap on both but dare I say possibly marginally better on new gen.

Overall

I'll probably just stay predominantly on new gen for the saving of me raging at kick off goals and loading screens

Comments

• joehuk
    7663 posts League Winner
    Complete opposite with most of that

On my series S

Load times - identical
    Performance -old gen feels smoother
    Visuals - old gen looks more crisp while next gen has better graphics in general but also lacks anti aliasing on the series S.
    Gameplay - old gen is quicker, smoother for me, next gen feels jittery at times with hypermotion trying to do things

Overall much prefer old gen over next gen have tried next gen several times lately and it just bores the F out of me especially the defending being stupidly easy and bails me or my opponents out when it shouldn't.

Will probably give next gen a go when new patch is out see If I notice a difference.
  • madlion
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    New gen:

- faster menus and loading speed
    - better graphics and lighting
    - far more AI assisted in defence
    - players have rare moments of waiting 1-2 seconds after you press an action just so the game keeps looking realistic without some weird twitching
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, until they remove that auto drop back on new gen, old gen is what I'll play
  • Retro1989
    7490 posts League Winner
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, until they remove that auto drop back on new gen, old gen is what I'll play

That's what killed the next gen version for me.
  • BogusTommy
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    I absolutely hate next gen. Every animation takes forever and it feel so slow.
  • Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Old gen is far better, haven’t been on new gen since October it’s dreadful
  • joehuk
    7663 posts League Winner
    john_d_efc wrote: »

amen :)