What’s your plan for toty?

13
Arsenalman
3694 posts National Call-Up
I know most are liquid so when are you looking to buy your teams? Those that have money saved in hopes of packing toty, whats your method? Wherever it be buying packs or rares for sbc’s

Comments

  • Buy TOTY Messi straight away and then see how many coins i have left to fill in the blanks.
  • I've got no idea really. Got loads of packs to get through so that could dictate what I end up doing. Either a few TOTY players or fun Icons I think, will depends on TOTY prices.
  • z ginga ninja x
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    nowback2me wrote: »
    Buy TOTY Messi straight away and then see how many coins i have left to fill in the blanks.

    This 😂 but i’ll probably have a last second change of plans when i realize i wont be able to afford him
  • madlion
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 16
    make 1m during that week from trading and buy them a week later :)
  • z ginga ninja x
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    madlion wrote: »
    make 1m during that week from trading and buy them a week later :)

    You got an effective strategy you’d like to share? Asking for a friend
  • nowback2me wrote: »
    Buy TOTY Messi straight away and then see how many coins i have left to fill in the blanks.

    This 😂 but i’ll probably have a last second change of plans when i realize i wont be able to afford him

    As dumb as it sounds a lot depends on the dynamic for me. If EA give him a bad one, i'll just get the OTW and use the rest of the coins elsewhere.
  • DutchDelight
    1210 posts Professional
    - look at the prices
    - realise I can’t afford the ones I want
    - invest all my coins into Kane
    - cry
  • pedro___
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.
  • KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    Open saved packs.
    Experience crushing disappointed.
    Consider buying FP's.
    Smack myself in the head and remember the stupidity of buying FP's in Fifa 20.
    Buy back the players I sold last week.
    Carry on as before and hope to pack KDB/Kante/Messi in a random upgrade or sbc pack.
  • radhoyl
    2699 posts Fans' Favourite
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.

    When are they supposed to be lowest? Did not pay attention last year.
  • radhoyl
    2699 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    I know most are liquid so when are you looking to buy your teams? Those that have money saved in hopes of packing toty, whats your method? Wherever it be buying packs or rares for sbc’s

    I have 80 packs saved, including 83x25, 85x10 and 2 ultimate. If I am lucky, good. If not, also good.
  • Joeznnn
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does anyone know the schedule?

    As in who is in packs and when?

    I’ll have 15-25 very decent packs but not sure I can wait for the full 11 to be available
  • FrankFrank
    8978 posts League Winner
    champions-world-cup-champions.gif

    Or toty Cr7
  • pedro___
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.

    When are they supposed to be lowest? Did not pay attention last year.

    Just before toty release, and in the first week maybe.
    Not sure, monitoring some.
  • Lackosweat
    10833 posts Has That Special Something
    Toty CR or Mbappe and spend the rest on upgrade sbc B)
  • radhoyl
    2699 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 16
    pedro___ wrote: »
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.

    When are they supposed to be lowest? Did not pay attention last year.

    Just before toty release, and in the first week maybe.
    Not sure, monitoring some.

    I looked. 90 Butragueno reached minimum on 19 January 21 ar 1.2 mil., then jumped in 3 days to 1.5 mil and went steadily down to 1.2 mil. on 12 March. After that it crashed badly.

    So, if you time it right, you can play with a good mid icon for 2 months and sell it for same price. Of course Fifa23 could be different.
  • Arsenalman
    3694 posts National Call-Up
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.

    When are they supposed to be lowest? Did not pay attention last year.

    Just before toty release, and in the first week maybe.
    Not sure, monitoring some.

    I looked. 90 Butragueno reached minimum on 19 January 21 ar 1.2 mil., then jumped in 3 days to 1.5 mil and went steadily down to 1.2 mil. on 12 March. After that it crashed badly.

    So, if you time it right, you can play with a good mid icon for 2 months and sell it for same price. Of course Fifa23 could be different.
    I hardly ever time it right
  • Retro1989
    7239 posts Big Money Move
    Open saved packs > cry when i don't get anyone above 86 rated > throw Fifa out of the window
  • nsholmberg11
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    No plans. It’s not attainable for someone like me who doesn’t trade or buy fifa points. I’ve played all year and come nowhere close to affording these players. Ever.
  • radhoyl
    2699 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    radhoyl wrote: »
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Buy some prime icons when the prices are low.

    When are they supposed to be lowest? Did not pay attention last year.

    Just before toty release, and in the first week maybe.
    Not sure, monitoring some.

    I looked. 90 Butragueno reached minimum on 19 January 21 ar 1.2 mil., then jumped in 3 days to 1.5 mil and went steadily down to 1.2 mil. on 12 March. After that it crashed badly.

    So, if you time it right, you can play with a good mid icon for 2 months and sell it for same price. Of course Fifa23 could be different.
    I hardly ever time it right

    Timing right is hard. But even a 100k loss after 2 months use would not be a big deal.
  • Mogga
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Open saved packs

    Get nowt

    Vow never to save packs again
  • Arsenalman
    3694 posts National Call-Up
    No plans. It’s not attainable for someone like me who doesn’t trade or buy fifa points. I’ve played all year and come nowhere close to affording these players. Ever.

    Eventually they’ll become affordable
  • Nightbeat78
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trying to get TOTY Jorginho. All the rest i either don't want/need or either can't afford. Also hope to pull a TOTY player/any player i can sell for at least 500k.
  • number7rocky
    8326 posts League Winner
    edited January 16
    2.5m on premium PL upgrades, already bought last week
  • Lackosweat
    10833 posts Has That Special Something
    No plans. It’s not attainable for someone like me who doesn’t trade or buy fifa points. I’ve played all year and come nowhere close to affording these players. Ever.

    I mean people who have ever packed TOTYs were either the ones that spent a lot or the ones that casually opened packs without any hopes. Your time will come sooner than you expect. :#
  • z ginga ninja x
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    No plans. It’s not attainable for someone like me who doesn’t trade or buy fifa points. I’ve played all year and come nowhere close to affording these players. Ever.

    I mean people who have ever packed TOTYs were either the ones that spent a lot or the ones that casually opened packs without any hopes. Your time will come sooner than you expect. :#

    Yep. Only time i ever packed one was fifa 17 (i think). Didnt expect anything… I opened a small rare electrum players pack that i got for doing an sbc and in that pack was TOTY Marcelo and icon Nedved. Was like a 1.4 million coin pack at the time from a 5k sbc
  • Hammer316
    3992 posts National Call-Up
    Open 200 saved packs, pack 3 or 4 Toty tradable. Buy prime R9 and gullit with the proceeds.
  • I've got 3000 rafinha to sell for profit and I've bought players to make 100 prem upgrades and 100 ligue 1 upgrades. About 100 various other packs.

    Plan is to sell everything possible and do as many upgrade packs as possible... then have a pack opening binge and see where I am and work out who makes the team etc.

    Ill choose zambrotta from swaps and do the best sbc with all the fodder (unless I pack something that replaces either of those)

    Hoping to be able to afford this when all done, with a mil in the bank to trade... but anything packed could change the plan.

    Screenshot-20220116-175549-Companion.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.