• Cyodine
    5510 posts Big Money Move
    FAAAAAB
  • Snugglebites
    2896 posts Fans' Favourite
    The state of that performance. :D
  • Pxul_
    12054 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah we have been so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with the ball recently. Trent bailing us out again with a banging corner. Would be great if robbo could beat the first man from a corner😂
  • Pxul_
    We could’ve really done with a Coutinho style player signed for games like this.
  • Cyodine
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    We could’ve really done with a Coutinho style player signed for games like this.

For sure but I think Klopp is confident that Elliott can do that for us or Klopp just hates Coutinho at this point.
  • El_Nino
    9431 posts League Winner
    You should be fine, Brentford look awful fortunately, the main thing is that you just get through these games with wins somehow.
  • Cyodine
    Our passing in midfield can be so bad sometimes.
  • Cyodine
    edited January 16
    OXXXX
  • arsenalap
    13116 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 16
    Cyodine wrote: »
    OXXXX

Don't think I didn't see the pre-edit
  • Cyodine
    arsenalap wrote: »
    OXXXX

Don't think I didn't see the pre-edit

Hahaha! I ate my words there.
  • Wyojasond
    18044 posts World Class
    Ox seriously has the worst luck 🤦‍♂️
  • Cyodine
    Robbo seems a bit off today
  • Cyodine
    TAKIIIIIIIII
  • tilen11
    7171 posts Big Money Move
    Minamino <3
  • El_Nino
    9431 posts League Winner
    One game of AFCON misses down, feels an impossible job to keep up to City, but hopefully you can.
  • Pxul_
    Ox is shocking btw, the goal doesn’t make up for how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ he was the whole game. Shame he got injured tho.
  • VVD4
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 16
    Up and above Chelsea we go, with a game in hand to boot. Very nice win today after a rough first half. Second half was exceptional and we dealt with Brentford's tactics much better this time round after the horror show at the back earlier in the season.

Firmino and Minamino's composure for Minamino's goal was crazy.

Should hopefully go into the Arsenal 2nd leg high on confidence now.

Edit: depth showed up in Salah, Mane and Thiago's absence today. Great performance by Jones in midfield. Much better than watching Milner lose the ball on his first touch all game.
  • Cyodine
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Ox is shocking btw, the goal doesn’t make up for how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ he was the whole game. Shame he got injured tho.

I don't expect him to be here next season.
  • VVD4
    xPoints table as it stands (as per Understat)

1. City - 52.19
    2. Liverpool - 48.19 (with a game in hand)
    3. Chelsea - 41.70

Only 4 points behind City, with a game in hand against Leeds at home. Comfortably 7 points ahead of Chelsea too.

This is encouraging, but it is also very frustrating to know that if it wasn’t for that stretch of games where COVID wreaked havoc on our squad in December, we’d very likely be extremely close to City in the real table right now.
  • arsenalap
    edited January 16
    You rely on xG and xP way too much.

Did you genuinely play well today? It didn't sound like it, but you got an xG of 3? Does that xG tell the whole story?

xP is something but it doesn't really show that much imo. You're saying you could be level with City almost according to xP but every single fan knows you've been way behind City this season.

As for your squad.. well.. a couple more good players would have helped there.
  • VVD4

Did you genuinely play well today? It didn't sound like it, but you got an xG of 3? Does that xG tell the whole story?

xP is something but it doesn't really show that much imo.

How am I relying on it? I’m merely discussing it.

We did play well today, yes. Frustrating first half but a very, very dominant second half display with plenty of clear cut chances. Jota and Gordon both missed a clear one-on-one with the keeper on top of the other 2 chances we scored.
  • arsenalap
    VVD4 wrote: »

We did play well today, yes. Frustrating first half but a very, very dominant second half display with plenty of clear cut chances. Jota and Gordon both missed a clear one-on-one with the keeper on top of the other 2 chances we scored.

Fair on the game, just going off what I read.

And I mean you seem to bring it up A LOT. Aka after every game.
  • Cyodine

xP is something but it doesn't really show that much imo. You're saying you could be level with City almost according to xP but every single fan knows you've been way behind City this season.

We got three good players at AFCON.
  • arsenalap

But he said December?

And, lots of teams have players at AFCON.
  • VVD4
    edited January 16
    VVD4 wrote: »

Fair on the game, just going off what I read.

And I mean you seem to bring it up A LOT. Aka after every game.

So? I enjoy analysing it and it’s a very useful metric to look at to assess how teams are actually playing.

We’re over halfway into the season and I’d say that the xPoints table is pretty accurately reflecting how each team is playing this season, with City top, closely followed by Liverpool (we were 1 point behind City in the real table until COVID struck us just before the Spurs game, which incidentally, we were robbed in) and then Chelsea a comfortable 3rd. Then it goes West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and United (West Ham have played a handful of more games than the others) all pretty close to each other, just like the real table.
  • VVD4
    edited January 16

But he said December?

And, lots of teams have players at AFCON.

Dec/Jan. The Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea stretch, with a home banker against Leeds in the middle of that postponed too. We had no midfield against Spurs due to COVID and got completely robbed in that game as well. We should have won the Leicester match, that was a bit of a freak one, admittedly, but a case could be made that some players weren’t 100% at it after getting COVID. Then we had another COVID spread before the Chelsea game, losing Alisson, Matip and Firmino, and again, a case could be made that some of the players were still feeling the effects of COVID.

All the while, City had virtually zero issues. So the gap quickly went from just 1, to 11 (with a game more).

I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch to claim that without our 2 COVID spreads during this period, we could be within 3 points off City.