Old WL thread

Comments

• Started 1-4 finished rank 5 so somehow managed to finish pretty close to last week with a terrible start, last Week i started 4-0 for comparison
  • RuddyElmate2022
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finished on 50 points, annoying.
    Nothing major in picks or rewards, pretty rubbish.
  • Mattheos
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    This games a joke, go up 3-0 in fut champs and he rubber bands the game, then i get kicked at half time and get the loss. On-top the of that, while he wasn't playing his A.I. was defending better than him.

WTF is this absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • john_d_efc
    2882 posts National Call-Up
    @David12344 Honestly mate, he's just fell off a cliff for me, to the point I'm picking up Embarba and Moreno for the last 7 games 😅
  • john_d_efc
    Screenshot-20220115-235042-Companion.jpg

Yeah Granola is gone 😅
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    7-0

Played a skill spammer. But he only had two shots all game. He went one up and I was getting frustrated. But carried on with my passing game. Dominating the ball and won 2-1.

I only had 5 shots so was a real tight game

He then messaged me saying

No one likes you 😂.

Nice chap he was
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    57623 posts National Treasure
    8-1 :s
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    @David12344 Honestly mate, he's just fell off a cliff for me, to the point I'm picking up Embarba and Moreno for the last 7 games 😅

Wow. Maybe he’ll come good soon.

Cr7 this week been annoying me and I drop him for a few. But this weekend league he’s back doing the business.

Sometimes good to freshen team up every now and again
  • I SiR MartY I
    13578 posts Has That Special Something
    Mattheos wrote: »
    This games a joke, go up 3-0 in fut champs and he rubber bands the game, then i get kicked at half time and get the loss. On-top the of that, while he wasn't playing his A.I. was defending better than him.

Did you AFK as well or touch the guide button?
  • Mattheos
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero

Nah man, it just froze.
  • SSL14
    1079 posts Professional
    Started off really ❤️❤️❤️❤️, on track for my worst ever WL despite getting prime torres and Mid Butragueno this week to really juice up my attack.

Torres was banging them in Butragueno was pretty poor (i do like the card alot I must add). CR7 in cam was just non effective.

Switched it up the last 4 games and won 3 of em, CR7 up top with Torres and Butragueno with Artist chem in a cam role started yielding much better results. CR7 OTW was really influencing games again with goals and attacking trio seemed to function much better. I'd figure it's to do with work-rates.

I clawed it back and got 47 points. Next week I fully expect to go above 51. I did come across Mid Cruyff, Eusebio and Pele a few times. One guy had R94 who tore me a new one.

All in all I'm pleased I clawed it back. I'm toying with selling OTW CR7, buy back gold CR7 then purchase Ronaldinho or Mid Zidane for cam role and then have 90 Butragueno run rampant in the 2nd half and sub CR7 off.

I'm thinking I'll save my totw pack for next week in the hope Fernandes gets in. His 88 gold card is still a starter in my side.
  • I SiR MartY I
    13578 posts Has That Special Something

Nah man, it just froze.

Ahh that's brutal man :(
  • YidArmy
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    David12344 wrote: »
    7-0

Played a skill spammer. But he only had two shots all game. He went one up and I was getting frustrated. But carried on with my passing game. Dominating the ball and won 2-1.

No one likes you 😂.

Nice chap he was

Ooh la la, someone's finally getting the results to match their squad 😉.

Good work mate!
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    YidArmy wrote: »
    7-0

No one likes you 😂.

Nice chap he was

Good work mate!

finally right. Thank you mate.

Last few weeks have kicked on in elite division and champs. It’s like the penny is starting to drop.

I’m a slow learner you see 😆

Hope you doing good mate. I see you came online for a few
  • Mattheos
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero

Nah man, it just froze.

Ahh that's brutal man :(

Next game 2-2 85th minute, putting pressure on opponent guy rage quits.
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got the 5 wins needed so gifted my last 7 games and got Red Theo as one of my picks 😁
  • YidArmy
    Morning guys,

Team is the same as last week other than I'm subbing in HL Cancelo to play at CM (will be able to start him next week with a team change). Really like him playing CM, he's great on the ball and that pace he's got is fantastic. This is him on 5 chem so hopefully even better starting him.

Got to 6-3 last night. 2 of the losses were on penalties 😕. In one of them, the shootout went right through to the goalkeepers, never had that before. I had 3 chances to win but the problem was, no matter where I aimed with the guys with bad penalty stats, it would not shoot where I was aiming at all.

Zaha still leading the line for me as my main guy at ST. Such a good card, just wish he had like 90 stamina as he gets more sluggish as the game goes on.

Good nights work, up to 11-4. Hopefully can get the 3 extra wins for 14 again.

Tonight has been full of people sitting back and trying to hit on the counter. I must be weird for wanting to pass the ball on the ground and work my way up the pitch. All everyone else wants to do is slam through balls up the pitch.

Check this goal out I scored btw. Anyone else here remember Fifa 94 I think it was where you could block the goalkeeper?? It's back 😅!

• YidArmy
    7-0

No one likes you 😂.

Nice chap he was

Good work mate!

finally right. Thank you mate.

Last few weeks have kicked on in elite division and champs. It’s like the penny is starting to drop.

I’m a slow learner you see 😆

Hope you doing good mate. I see you came online for a few

Wel played sir 👍.

Yeh Elite Div is tough, when WL comes along it's such a nice break from the sweat of Elite Div 😄.

Just posted an update on mine, hopefully get to 14 tomorrow. I'm poised ready to buy some good upgrades. Market seems to be crashing already, just hard to tell when to buy...defo before TOTY starts, just which day is the key.
  • 19-1, same as usual.

Got absolutely rigged by Maignan and Neymar in my loss, very unfortunate.

Ginola with the usual hard carry so all good.
  • Chewbaccary
    2555 posts Fans' Favourite
    9-6 and then forfeited the rest.

87 Bastoni and 83 Laimer in reds.

My rule is that I'm opening all tradeable packs per usual, but saving untradeables for TOTY.

TOTW pack was trash. 84 Spanish GK and two 75-79 bums. Nothing above 84 in the other packs.

Typical boring rewards really. I just look at it as 60k+ in coin value.
  • FrankFrank
    8971 posts League Winner
    6-0 now

Cruyff is magical
  • A_Snipe
    3781 posts National Call-Up
    7-0

No one likes you 😂.

Nice chap he was

Whenever I get a nice message. I always just say hope you have a good day and figure out whatever makes you so annoyed with a video game
  • abhreebhu_45
    12720 posts Has That Special Something
    I really just hate this game. Won 14 games this weekend and I still can’t get over how bad the gameplay is. Played against Kimpembe and Kante at least 60% of my games. All you need in this game is to be able to left stick dribble and legacy defending and you’ll be fine. There’s no skill gap and players that want to play normal football get punished. It’s been this way for years and they’ll never fix it. Now sadly all I can do if hope they lose the fifa license and another developer picks up the title.

Legacy defending works online??
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    6-0 now

Cruyff is magical

He is 😁
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 16
    9 wins ended up getting rio. He did ok and still in love with guendo what a freaking card he is.
    ABCA7975-B0-EA-4-E46-B764-2071-FFF10-C65.jpg

• SpiderMonkeybpg
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    This was the squad.
    B468341-B-3-B40-4216-B37-B-E4-DF41-A8-C025.jpg
  • DutchDelight
    1210 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »
    19-1, same as usual.

Any tips for getting the best out of Ginola? Can't seem to make him work.
  • john_d_efc
    19-1, same as usual.

Yeah same here, he's been so bad for me lately
  • DutchDelight
    1210 posts Professional
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    19-1, same as usual.

Yeah same here, he's been so bad for me lately

He's good in front of goal but I'm really struggling to create chances with him. Gets bullied by defenders and isn't agile enough for my style of play.
  • KK1988
    14 posts Last Pick at the Park
    yesterday played 7 games. was 2-5. all 7 games probably with the exception of one were close. like yeah i got beat in most but they were good games. today I wake up thinking id win half my games because of the -5 form. like surely thats where id settle since ive been gettin rank 6-7 . yeah been losing by 4-5 goals. players slower. my signature tierney which i tried for first time yesterday and was amazed how fast he suddenly cant catch an attacker.like i mean any attacker. def something wrong, idk, secret sauce maybe?