Where to stop at WL?

KurzBobby
232 posts Sunday League Hero
Hardly play WL as genuinely can't be bothered with the stress and toxicity, but played the past couple of weeks as I thought it might be fun in Fifa 22 (I was wrong).

What's the best place to stop for a below average player like me? still can't get to grips with this stuff, I prefer the xx wins/30)

I'm at level 8 and can easily get to level 7 even without winning any more games, but is it worth playing the rest it to get to level 6? (told you I was below average). or just stick with 7/8?

Comments

• FUTChamp2017
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 15
    Look at the rewards and aim for what you are happy with. Simple as that. 8 wins gives you a TOTW Pack and a 100k pack. Unless you only care about the picks. Then I would stopp at 5 wins.

Edit: I may have gotten the number of wins wrong by 1 or 2. But it's easy enough to figure out.
  • KurzBobby
    Thanks. Didn't know if there was some reason to stop earlier down the reward tree, as I see people giving away wins.

Also I presume I can keep my picks for TOTY, or doesn't it matter?
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    KurzBobby wrote: »
    Thanks. Didn't know if there was some reason to stop earlier down the reward tree, as I see people giving away wins.

Also I presume I can keep my picks for TOTY, or doesn't it matter?

Picks are locked to current TOTW. I would play to 8, 11 if you have plenty of time. Those are the two that have the best reward/sweat balance imo
  • abhreebhu_45
    12779 posts Has That Special Something
    Look at the rewards and aim for what you are happy with. Simple as that. 8 wins gives you a TOTW Pack and a 100k pack. Unless you only care about the picks. Then I would stopp at 5 wins.

Edit: I may have gotten the number of wins wrong by 1 or 2. But it's easy enough to figure out.

Nah mate

8 wins=5 these days

5 wins are OK for packs n picks

9 gives u a totw pack n 10k extra

11 gives u an extra red pick n 20k than 9
  • Bob_Bobson
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    I push to get two as quickly as possible (as that gets two red picks). Then I muck about and get another three in the remaining games. I could probably push myself harder but I treat WL as chilled as possible.

Basically, do what makes you happy.
  • Joeznnn
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    11 wins and then donate whatever I have left. Get them smashed out in 2-4 hours a Friday and then have a weekend back.
  • greif44x2
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd say it's worth trying to get to at least 9 wins for a TOTW pack, that's at least 30k extra or more if you're lucky. Doesn't sound much but coin rewards have been nerfed dramatically in 22 so even 30k is a nice amount to get.

If playing WL brings you stress, then surely stop whenever you're comfortable. But imo WL finals are way more chill than DR and qualifiers.
  • mellow_yellow
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Always aim for at least 45 points, carry on for 51 if I can/have enough patience.
  • Safckje
    1232 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    Always aim for 9 wins just for the totw pack and anything after that is a bonus.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    As above but fall short sometimes tbh.
  • KurzBobby
    All great advice. Thanks all, will defo give away wins when I realise I can't get any further. Cheers.
  • Mr. Soper
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    I play till I get the totw pack.
  • Miigue
    1142 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    All 20 games are super easy to complete in 2 nights. Get the highest rank possible
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Miigue wrote: »
    All 20 games are super easy to complete in 2 nights. Get the highest rank possible

Yeah if you have no life or family
  • Miigue
    1142 posts Professional
    12346789 wrote: »
    Miigue wrote: »

Yeah if you have no life or family

Why bother playing ultimate team then? Why bother buying the game?
  • chiholam
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Definitely 9 has been my target, and 11 if I have the time. Those TOTWs have been a bit rubbish though, so haven't opened any for 7 weeks now. Been waiting for a good week, and there's been none so far. I think I opened my last set when Neymar was in it. At least that's 21 TOTWs I have ready to open, so minimum 210K to add to the pot.

There isn't as many gifted wins as last season, but there's been quicker RQs I think. So it balances out overall in time.