Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

  • G000ner
    8304 posts League Winner
    I just want all the games available on one channel/streaming platform. Amazon prime would be ideal, but probably never happening
  • Cyodine
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    It's a fair price for a proven PL striker but surely a club with the (new) ambitions like Newcastle could attract a bigger name, even in January?

    I don't think any real big names will come until the summer or a year or two, right now there is no guarantee that they'll stay up.
  • Ashy
    20095 posts Club Captain
    'our squad isnt big enough we need to postpone'
    Look at that list :D

    RDT-20220113-1841515006269170846245523.png
  • Tornado31619
    32603 posts National Team Captain
    They’re using half of their academy lol. Let’s put it this way, I actually recognise most of your players :lol:
  • VVD4
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    They’re using half of their academy lol. Let’s put it this way, I actually recognise most of your players :lol:

    This.

    Weird dig to make.
  • SimenHP
    5274 posts Big Money Move
    Arsenal's defense look all over the place so far
  • Cyodine
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Xhaka trying to kill Jota.
  • ViVaWho
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    what is xhaka doing
  • Wyojasond
    18150 posts World Class
    How does he even argue that. Straight kick a player in the chest who’s through on goal 😂
  • arsenalap
    13394 posts Has That Special Something
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    How does he even argue that. Straight kick a player in the chest who’s through on goal 😂

    Same as the city red in a way. The kick itself is probably a yellow. But then combine with the last man potential it's a red. White might have got across but wasn't clear.

    No complaints really. Xhaka should have left it.
  • WryLucky
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    Typical Xhaka
  • Cyodine
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWho wrote: »
    what is xhaka doing

    Attempting murder, I thought Arsenal were against violence.
  • ViVaWho
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 13
    "no more red" didnt work did it
  • Cyodine
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Never seen Laca run so much before.
  • AaronMFC
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    Liverpool without Salah and Mane dont look very good at all.
  • WryLucky
    6207 posts Big Money Move
    Well played Arsenal, don't think Liverpool had a shot on target.
  • arsenalap
    13394 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't complain at all with that.
  • Shshj
    12245 posts Has That Special Something
    Probably favour Arsenal in the second leg at home. Liverpool were absolutely terrible tonight.
  • AaronMFC
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    Recent performances against City and Liverpool by Arsenal are reason to be optimistic for them. Thought despite obvious improvements recently they would still get well beaten by the top teams but not the case at all. Arsenal looks a tough game for everyone again.
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Salah. Without him, Liverpool are bottom half of the table.

    There is no evidence to back this up. We are top 2 in xPoints. Chelsea are 8th.

    Exhibit A
  • VVD4
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Salah. Without him, Liverpool are bottom half of the table.

    There is no evidence to back this up. We are top 2 in xPoints. Chelsea are 8th.

    Exhibit A

    Nice confirmation bias. It would take a string of games without Salah to come up with any sort of proof.
  • Ashy
    20095 posts Club Captain
    Leicester v Burnley postponed
  • Shshj
    12245 posts Has That Special Something
  • Ashy
    20095 posts Club Captain
    Same situation as Leicester have been, lost a few to AFCON, lost a few to injuries/knocks that rule them out for more than 3 days (since Liverpool game) and only 1 confirmed case of Covid (Odegaard)

    13 outfielders needed and we have 12 + Patino that played 10 mins of Carabao Cup when we were 4-1 up against Sunderland not sure if he counts. And if he does count then all it takes is one to get a knock in training or Covid and it's off.

    Defenders: Chambers, Holding, White, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Tavares
    Midfielders: Lokonga, Saka, Martinelli
    Forwards: Laca, Nketiah
  • SimenHP
    5274 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Same situation as Leicester have been, lost a few to AFCON, lost a few to injuries/knocks that rule them out for more than 3 days (since Liverpool game) and only 1 confirmed case of Covid (Odegaard)

    13 outfielders needed and we have 12 + Patino that played 10 mins of Carabao Cup when we were 4-1 up against Sunderland not sure if he counts. And if he does count then all it takes is one to get a knock in training or Covid and it's off.

    Defenders: Chambers, Holding, White, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Tavares
    Midfielders: Lokonga, Saka, Martinelli
    Forwards: Laca, Nketiah

    Can't you just use some teenagers from your u-21 like Mika Miles Biereth or someone else?
  • Stlducks
    9209 posts League Winner
    edited January 14
    Ashy wrote: »
    Same situation as Leicester have been, lost a few to AFCON, lost a few to injuries/knocks that rule them out for more than 3 days (since Liverpool game) and only 1 confirmed case of Covid (Odegaard)

    13 outfielders needed and we have 12 + Patino that played 10 mins of Carabao Cup when we were 4-1 up against Sunderland not sure if he counts. And if he does count then all it takes is one to get a knock in training or Covid and it's off.

    Defenders: Chambers, Holding, White, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Tavares
    Midfielders: Lokonga, Saka, Martinelli
    Forwards: Laca, Nketiah

    I’m not bothered either way if the game is moved or not. We won’t have Son, Dier or Romero so moving it helps us too. But I am getting annoyed the league is not making clubs use reserves or youth players. If covid was not happening and players were injured, you would have youth options or recall loans. Clubs are just trying you take advantage of the system now.

    AFCON can’t be an excuse. You know the risks when signing players from Africa. There is also the players Arsenal recently loaned out that thinned their squad.

    At some point the league needs to put a stop to delaying games unless training grounds are shut down because of covid.
  • arsenalap
    13394 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Same situation as Leicester have been, lost a few to AFCON, lost a few to injuries/knocks that rule them out for more than 3 days (since Liverpool game) and only 1 confirmed case of Covid (Odegaard)

    13 outfielders needed and we have 12 + Patino that played 10 mins of Carabao Cup when we were 4-1 up against Sunderland not sure if he counts. And if he does count then all it takes is one to get a knock in training or Covid and it's off.

    Defenders: Chambers, Holding, White, Mari, Gabriel, Tierney, Tavares
    Midfielders: Lokonga, Saka, Martinelli
    Forwards: Laca, Nketiah

    I’m not bothered either way if the game is moved or not. We won’t have Son, Dier or Romero so moving it helps us too. But I am getting annoyed the league is not making clubs use reserves or youth players. If covid was not happening and players were injured, you would have youth options or recall loans. Clubs are just trying you take advantage of the system now.

    AFCON can’t be an excuse. You know the risks when signing players from Africa. There is also the players Arsenal recently loaned out that thinned their squad.

    At some point the league needs to put a stop to delaying games unless training grounds are shut down because of covid.

    Whilst I agree, not sure looking at Arsenal is a valid case. We do have a very small team, whereas a lot of sides recently, it's felt like they've just asked for delays because a few big players are out and they don't want to play it.

    Disagree strong with the AFCON statement. Whole point is people don't judge signing African players just because of AFCON.

    And as I said on the other forum, injuries can be because of covid. If you have players out because of covid and you overplay players to cope, it can have a knock on effect.

    As for youth players, not sure I agree there. If they're in your registered prem squad at the start of the season, yep play them. If they have a senior contract, maybe there's a case there. If they are only signed to academy deals, no way should a club be forced to play them. If they aren't developed enough to play top level football you could get them injured quite easily. The intensity is miles ahead of youth football.
  • Ashy
    20095 posts Club Captain
    If Covid didn't happen we would have Odegaard and meet 13 players and probably fill the bench with youth so I get your point but with Covid being a factor even a small one going by the rules it's possible for a postponement.

    The league should have done better such as stating there needs to be at least 3+ Covid cases along with the 13 outfield player rule
Sign In or Register to comment.