FIFA 22 Icon/Hero Discussion [reviews, prices, advice]

Comments

• Paawkyy
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    mitsol_7 wrote: »
    Just packed Cantona from the Mid Sbc, how does he feel fellas?

If you packed him untradeable why don’t you just go use him? Lol
  • mitsol_7
    40 posts Park Captain
    Paawkyy wrote: »

If i could sit around all day and play I would, unfortunately I’m one of those who’s gotta work all day in such times. Mobile app does me wonders. Any harm on a quick ask abt him?
  • Paawkyy
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite

If i could sit around all day and play I would, unfortunately I’m one of those who’s gotta work all day in such times. Mobile app does me wonders. Any harm on a quick ask abt him?

No but I’m just saying like no matter what we say it’s not like you can sell him. All you can do is use him
  • number7rocky
    8314 posts League Winner

Can garuntee c l u n k y
  • Littleland95
    18513 posts Moderator

I have the Base and he's very good. Takes a bit of time to get used to him, but he's been very good for me both as ST and CAM.
  • ccooaattssyy
    18289 posts World Class
    edited January 11

Assume he’s good, but clunky.
  • I'm gonna give a big up to mid Puyol.

Completed him with dupes and was only expecting to use him for a few games but he's actually brilliant. I have him paired with Cordoba and would genuinely say he's just as good. Brilliant aggression, good tackler. Of course there will be times a pacey striker out paces him but he gets back brilliantly.

I'd recommend him as a cheap option to Cordoba with icon links.
  • Jrutts
    838 posts Professional
    Just packed etoo can’t wait to use him
  • Currently got a massive regret from doing Prime Zola.

Managed the majority of his SBC segments from dupes but the final expensive ones I had to spend some coin and use good saved fodder on.

Just can't get him working in any position. Gets shoved off the ball too easily and his pace means the majority of defenders can catch him with ease now. Shooting is hit and miss also.

Anyone considering doing him I would advise not.
  • Jack744
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MattDufc14 wrote: »
    Currently got a massive regret from doing Prime Zola.

Managed the majority of his SBC segments from dupes but the final expensive ones I had to spend some coin and use good saved fodder on.

Just can't get him working in any position. Gets shoved off the ball too easily and his pace means the majority of defenders can catch him with ease now. Shooting is hit and miss also.

ItalianStallion uses him for his RTG and seems to get on pretty well with him - have a look at some of his YouTube vids and you'll see the kind of positions he gets him into and how he finishes with him. Uses him as a ST mainly I think.
  • Jack744 wrote: »
    MattDufc14 wrote: »
    Currently got a massive regret from doing Prime Zola.

ItalianStallion uses him for his RTG and seems to get on pretty well with him - have a look at some of his YouTube vids and you'll see the kind of positions he gets him into and how he finishes with him. Uses him as a ST mainly I think.

Thanks i'll have a look .
  • There was an error rendering this rich post.[quote="MattDufc14;c-10996659"]Currently got a massive regret from doing Prime Zola.

Anyone considering doing him I would advise not. [/quote]

I felt the same way, but after 20 games he has scored some important goals for me. I tried him at cam but I think he is better paired as a striker. Dont sprint with him. his close control dribbling is on par with Messi.
  • RappSnitch
    5709 posts Big Money Move
    Eusebio has sparked my interest in the game again - at least for now! To the point where I’ve been grinding Rivals for the first time in weeks. Now I just need to build a team around him that I enjoy as well.
  • Arsenalman
    3677 posts National Call-Up
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    Eusebio has sparked my interest in the game again - at least for now! To the point where I’ve been grinding Rivals for the first time in weeks. Now I just need to build a team around him that I enjoy as well.
    Which version
  • RappSnitch
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    Which version

Prime just for the flex but the other versions are nuts as well
  • Furrag85
    2494 posts Fans' Favourite
    You guys with icon teams; which icon swaps?

I did some number crunching and 89+ works out at
    25% chance of getting someone I'd use
    21% fringe/bench
    54% fodder
    + 1 or 2 of the fodder packs.

The base/mid/prime icon pick works out at
    20% improvement
    16% usable
    64% rubbish
    But I get two attempts...
  • Arsenalman
    Which version

😂😂would b all my coins, wonder if he’s better than 95 Pele this yr
  • Rb10119
    3425 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone used prime Cantona
  • RappSnitch
    Which version

I’ve only tried the base Eusebio in Draft but I doubt you’d notice a big difference between that and the Prime.

I had 95 Pele before Eusebio and tbh they’re very close in terms of performance, so it just comes down to preference. Eusebio feels more clinical imo, and the ball seems to stick to his feet when dribbling.

Pele is obviously more skillful and feels a bit more shifty on the ball. You’re a bit more limited with Eusebio in that sense, but there are 4-5 skill moves that super effective with him, where he’ll just power through the defender most of the time.
  • ColeWorld
    15363 posts World Class
    Baby or Mid Maradonna?
  • RappSnitch
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Baby or Mid Maradonna?

Mid at CAM, Base at ST imo
  • RappSnitch
    Anyone tried prime or mid Carlos Alberto?
  • SSL14
    1079 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    Packed Mid 90 Butragueno, is the general consensus on here that the card is cracked? Plays as good as the top tiers but lacks the 4/5* skill moves??

He will be up top with Prime Torres and OTW CR7.
  • Scutch
    20638 posts Club Captain
    edited January 12
    SSL14 wrote: »
    Packed Mid 90 Butragueno, is the general consensus on here that the card is cracked? Plays as good as the top tiers but lacks the 4/5* skill moves??

Medium attacking workrates are his downfall. He often doesn’t make runs unless you manually trigger them.
  • SSL14
    1079 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    Scutch wrote: »

Medium attacking workrates are his downfall. He often doesn’t make runs unless you manually trigger them.

Thank you. He feels so rapid/agile and the ball is really smooth at his feet. I'm liking him alot so far. The 5*WF and finesse trait hits the sweet spot.

I tend to manually trigger the ai runs so the work-rates aren't much of a problem for me.
  • Jack744
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect

90 Butra is my favourite player I've used this year. Finishes everything on either foot from any distance, rapid, agile. I don't find work rates impact him at all.

Genuinely torn between prime Eusebio and prime Butra for my final team in a couple of weeks, that's how good he is.
  • Arsenalman
    Which version

I’ve only tried the base Eusebio in Draft but I doubt you’d notice a big difference between that and the Prime.

I had 95 Pele before Eusebio and tbh they’re very close in terms of performance, so it just comes down to preference. Eusebio feels more clinical imo, and the ball seems to stick to his feet when dribbling.

Pele is obviously more skillful and feels a bit more shifty on the ball. You’re a bit more limited with Eusebio in that sense, but there are 4-5 skill moves that super effective with him, where he’ll just power through the defender most of the time.

Yh I’m super good at left stick dribbling but don’t perform any skill moves, sounds like Pele could be the guy
  • Danic123
    4608 posts National Call-Up
    Scutch wrote: »

Thank you. He feels so rapid/agile and the ball is really smooth at his feet. I'm liking him alot so far. The 5*WF and finesse trait hits the sweet spot.

I tend to manually trigger the ai runs so the work-rates aren't much of a problem for me.

Put him on “Stay Forward” & “Get in Behind” and work rates don’t really matter.
  • Furrag85
    2494 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who are the best that can play LCAM and RCAM? They'd need to be better than Politano and Di Natale in both pace, finishing, creating and either 5*WF or 5* skills.

Garrincha?
    Pele wasted there?
    Mid Eusebio?
    Mbappe?
  • MonkeyBoy
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looking for some advice - if I sell my pack pulled mid Eusebio I’ve got enough to get mid R9.

To those that have used R9, is he worth it it? Eusebio finished everything for me but R9 is always the target, I’ve just never been able to get there! I grew up watching him so have always wanted him for that reason.

I guess, will I regret selling Eusebio? Would they work together as a pair? I have over 100 packs saved for toty so I could always wait and see if I get lucky there