Icon swaps - what would be the best choice?

jplumber
2103 posts Fans' Favourite
Hi all,
Still undecided as to what to choose - have done all 9 swaps so far and can see myself doing all of the next ones - what are you going to chose?

Comments

• Felici_123
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did 82*25 and 83*25. still debatting if I go for 81*25 and base/mid pack or mid pack.
    Looks like quite some people went this way if there is no icon you would like to have in your team from swaps
  • jplumber
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    Was thinking of going for the base/mid/prime icon choice for 17 tokens - not sure if that makes sense; perhaps the mid/prime icon pack instead?
  • I'm leaning towards base,mid,prime player pick..
  • john_d_efc
    2882 posts National Call-Up
    89+ Mid Icon pack and the 83x25, did the 89+ last year and got Pele and my mate got Ronaldinho.

Ultimately its still and gamble but you're ruling out the Inzaghis etc
  • AULERT
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    I still have no idea, but I am thinking I may chance one of the packs.

I was thinking Zambrotta but there are many good RB's already, I feel like it could be a slight waste.

Getting Zambrotta isn't a game changer, but getting one of the better icons could be.

Although getting a rubbish Icon would be much, much worse.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    I was leaning toward Zambrotta but RB have such minor impact on the game, and I've completed Best, so with few more icons (Zola, ADP) chemistry won't be such issue. Generally speaking icon defenders are barely worth it.

ADP on the other hand looks great with 5* WF, good stamina, it's the fastest card out of 3 versions, solid shooting, he'll do until PIM icons are released (or until they become affordable).
  • AULERT
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I was leaning toward Zambrotta but RB have such minor impact on the game, and I've completed Best, so with few more icons (Zola, ADP) chemistry won't be such issue. Generally speaking icon defenders are barely worth it.

ADP on the other hand looks great with 5* WF, good stamina, it's the fastest card out of 3 versions, solid shooting, he'll do until PIM icons are released (or until they become affordable).

I decent icon CB is worth it to split your team left and right! I had baby RIO last year from swaps and he was decent enough for a while! Not the mid this year though...

Yes mate, ADP looks pretty decent. @Mmandras
  • Mike1234
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, although I'm kinda feeling it's not worth the grind, unless you are lucky and get a top icon, might not bother with doing the next lot.
  • lastfifa
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 10
    Was planning to take Zambrotta but now i feel that would be waste. I have hl Reece, hl Clauss, ice Mbabu, rttk Traore, ww Semedo, ww Azpi, ww Florenzi and nif Hakimi in the club so no need for rb. Dont know what i should get now..
    Post edited by lastfifa on
  • I’m chancing it with 89+ mid icon pack and then best packs I can get
  • AULERT
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m chancing it with 89+ mid icon pack and then best packs I can get

Big chance, there are so many poor 89+ mids, but I may well do the same haha.
  • HndL
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Me :
    All 3 fodder packs
    With what's left I'll get what I can afford
  • SeeYouCheeky
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ROOONEY
  • FoxDie
    54 posts Park Captain
    Overmars. Adds to my Arsenal squas
  • SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero
    ROOONEY

3 star skills

team-america.gif
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    ROOONEY

3 star skills

team-america.gif

And Passing. And defending.

Imagine having this, 20 days from now in Fifa 21.

Capture.png
  • SSL14
    1079 posts Professional
    ROOONEY

Same here.

Wazzaaaaaa

3* skills is a bummer but not the end of the world, a great looking card.
  • Jackwc
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m doing all fodder packs and base/mid pack
  • 89+ mid and 83x25 for me
  • Mogga
    3194 posts National Call-Up
    i`ve already used up 8 of my 9 tokens on the icon pack. Got Mid Suker who whilst not top level was at least not litmanen / schmeichel / laudrup etc. Gonna go for the 25x packs this time around.
  • Wonderkiid
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Arsenal144 wrote: »
    89+ mid and 83x25 for me

This man knows his stuff

Already opened the 83 and I packed a lovely Kane in there. Still over the moon with that pull, cant wait to role the dice again. And again. And again...
  • ImAtrocious
    2957 posts National Call-Up
    I've spent 8 tokens already on the two good packs. I'm torn between getting Overmars or the 81x25 pack plus the base/mid icon pack.
  • nsholmberg11
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    ADP or a player pick. Really love those player picks…
  • PiotrLolo
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Wanted Zambrotta but then got Carlos Alberto from mid icon SBC and now I don't know :( Why can't we have wider selection like 2 years ago?
  • I was thinking to go for the player pick but recently been thinking the sensible choice would be zambrotta... I change to 3atb and the rb changes to an RM who needs to do it all and be up and down so zambrotta seems like the right decision.
  • Wooly1203
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    I was going to take Zambrotta but I switch between 3/4 atb formations so I decided to game and do the base/mid pack. Got 95 Maradona. Think I’m going to do some of the fodder packs with my remaining swaps
  • SeeYouCheeky
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SSL14 wrote: »
    ROOONEY

Same here.

Wazzaaaaaa

3* skills is a bummer but not the end of the world, a great looking card.

He will fit in perfect at CAM got van persie and van basten up top it’s gonna be so much fun 😍
  • How can I find the icon swaps tokens in my club??!!!