Just played champions play offs for the first time. What joke is this.

Comments

• RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seeleyjs17 wrote: »
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    You lost a game 5-0, or your record is 0-5?

Lost a game 5-0. But if every game will be like this, than my record will be 0-5. Thought i gave it a shot after winning 8 in 10 games in friendly for that PL icon swap card. But this was really terrible. And those speedups are so annoying. Those happen usually when i'm in the final third attacking or defending.

Get an Ethernet if you can. Wired over wireless.

Not true. There will be little to no difference as long as you have over 20 mbps is all the same. EA cap it in their end so better internet or wired vs wireless is not an argument in fifa

One of the worst posts I've read this. Wired is always better. Even just having a good router makes a massive difference. There's lot of things you can do to improve your connection on FIFA/games in general.

Take ot from someone with networking degree. Ea cap it in their end. Better internet is not better. Better router aint better. For other games yes for this game no. The best thing you could do Is use a wired controller over wireless

Is it a degree from a cereal box? :joy:

Having a lower latency, with less jitter/packet loss/spiking is definitely going to give a better game play experience.

Better internet is not better?

That's like saying Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't score tap ins for a living. Just ask @Wonderkiid And @Jackwc , they can confirm he does :joy:
  • GitGood
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    The hardcore WL players will tell you it’s easy to qualify and is all your fault 😂😂😂. I only ever tried twice before they change it to 4 wins but the gameplay in general puts off.
  • PHNTMx
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    The passing is probably due to delay and controller settings. A lot of people aim a pass and move their stick afterwards and if there is server delay, it'll register the input a lot later which could mean you pressed the right side after.
  • KK1988
    14 posts Last Pick at the Park
    qualified for the second time ( consecutive) this fifa on saturday. it took me to the last game. earlier attempts since beginning of fifa I can tell other players were better than me. I was def better than at least 3 of the 6 players I lost to. defenders hovering around the through ball coming towards them rather than intercept. the same player different pace issue ( I had noticed this since beginning of fifa really). players staying back and letting just the ST and CAM have a go at the opponents defence on their own. auto-switching taking much longer than usual. The last game was the cherry on top really, even though I ended up winning. Im playing this guy and im up 2-0 ( I must win to qualify) he scores 3. now its 2-3. I score two now its 4-3. he equalizes. then we do that again and its 5-5. I score 1ET he scores 2ET. in the last ball of the game my Salah is up against goalie with 2 other of my players running in on the left and free. I pass with salah to the side to get a free shot at goal. salah passes it straight through the keeper and into the goal. I mean ill take the win, but the game def wanted me to win if my pass to the left turns out a pass right to ahead into goal.
  • Mike1234
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Unfortunately I think you are experiencing a combination of better players and poor connection, sadly even if you do "getgud" you may still be at a disadvantage. The game is a mess some times and we all have to accept it or stop. EA can't or won't fix it.
  • Springveldt
    6930 posts Big Money Move
    PHNTMx wrote: »
    The passing is probably due to delay and controller settings. A lot of people aim a pass and move their stick afterwards and if there is server delay, it'll register the input a lot later which could mean you pressed the right side after.
    You can change the passing settings to lock early as the default is late. This definitely helps in delayed gameplay but it also means you can’t make the last second adjustments in normal gameplay.

After trying it I changed back to late as I couldn’t make those last second adjustments.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Last night I played 2 one league matches with my PL team against nif serie A sides(Muriel,zlatan,torreira,rabiot,lazzari were in both) with some of them out of position

I had a combined 33 shots on target v 8

I lost 1st game 4-0
    N just edged 2nd 3-4,coming back from 3-0 down

The connection was so bad that mine zaha(ww),pulisic(fire) were getting caught repeatedly
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought Sundays were supposed to be one of the sweatiest times to attempt as a lot of players just finished would be retrying to qual for following week.
    I only gave it a go as I had been away 2 weeks and not used any attempts up and was first time in few days felt well enough to play couple games.
    Won 7, and gave x3 away.
    The only sweat was my own from the Covid lol
  • Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought Sundays were supposed to be one of the sweatiest times to attempt as a lot of players just finished would be retrying to qual for following week.
    I only gave it a go as I had been away 2 weeks and not used any attempts up and was first time in few days felt well enough to play couple games.
    Won 7, and gave x3 away.

What division are you true blue mate?? I'm division 5 average Joe and sitting 1-1 after getting up at 6am to play before work. I thought I'd get a hammering in both games due to it being so early. I reckon it's a complete myth that there are better or worse times to have a crack at qualifying.
  • D0lvl
    4881 posts Big Money Move
    I remember seeing something if you have speed up lag that’s usually on your own side most likely because you’re on wireless.

With that said, if you can try to go wired.

• mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    The question is why this game can´t provide a decent online experience. I don´t get it. I can run a race with 20 players online without problems. A racing game, that needs to handle more data, and it requires more precission. A football game, a head to head, handling by far less data it´s not even close to provide a decent online experience.
  • mway
    D0lvl wrote: »
    I remember seeing something if you have speed up lag that’s usually on your own side most likely because you’re on wireless.

That´s true, but it´s also true that you will also get delay with wired. I play wired and in previous FIFAs and I experienced matches where my players were jets, and others where my players were not able to turn. It´s in the game, the game and the servers have this problem, not the players.
  • mway wrote: »
    The question is why this game can´t provide a decent online experience. I don´t get it. I can run a race with 20 players online without problems. A racing game, that needs to handle more data, and it requires more precission. A football game, a head to head, handling by far less data it´s not even close to provide a decent online experience.

Does for me.
  • mway
    Orison wrote: »
    mway wrote: »

Does for me.

Your opinion does not count.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    You lost a game 5-0, or your record is 0-5?

Lost a game 5-0. But if every game will be like this, than my record will be 0-5. Thought i gave it a shot after winning 8 in 10 games in friendly for that PL icon swap card. But this was really terrible. And those speedups are so annoying. Those happen usually when i'm in the final third attacking or defending.

Get an Ethernet if you can. Wired over wireless.

Not true. There will be little to no difference as long as you have over 20 mbps is all the same. EA cap it in their end so better internet or wired vs wireless is not an argument in fifa

Only just seen this 😂😂
  • mway wrote: »
    mway wrote: »

Does for me.

Your opinion does not count.

Don't worry I use that line when bad players try to educate me on why no loss is their fault.
  • JRD
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Genuine question as this always puzzles me

If you play 10 qualifiers and have the worst of the connection every game then would the problem not be your end as all 10 opponents managed to find a better connection? Or does EA just hate you? If it’s not the case and some of the time you have a disadvantage and other times an advantage then why is connection only responsible when you lose?

Along the same line, if the problem only impacts a relatively small number of players then isn’t it likely to be something they’re doing or not doing to cause it, as everyone else is managing fine. If it’s impacting a much higher number of people then how come you’re only matching people with better connections? Surely you’d be coming up against people with equally bad connections a lot of the time?
  • mway
    edited January 4
    JRD wrote: »
    If it’s not the case and some of the time you have a disadvantage and other times an advantage then why is connection only responsible when you lose?

Because when you have a good connection the other player is suffering. That´s the problem. I´m not saying the connection is fully responsible if you win or lose. But it decides 70% of the matches, and that´s not fair.

From my point of view, if you have a bad connection in all the matches, it´s your problem. What I´m saying is that in the end, it´s stupid to play a game that´s decided by connection most of the time.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up

If you play 10 qualifiers and have the worst of the connection every game then would the problem not be your end as all 10 opponents managed to find a better connection? Or does EA just hate you? If it’s not the case and some of the time you have a disadvantage and other times an advantage then why is connection only responsible when you lose?

Along the same line, if the problem only impacts a relatively small number of players then isn’t it likely to be something they’re doing or not doing to cause it, as everyone else is managing fine. If it’s impacting a much higher number of people then how come you’re only matching people with better connections? Surely you’d be coming up against people with equally bad connections a lot of the time?

I can have a day or up to a whole week where I'm at a disadvantage in every game. The game is constantly borderline unplayable. Some days it will be 100% smooth and fair. Some days it will vary game to game. A couple of games I notice I have an advantage but this is way way rarer than being at a disadvantage. I can tell by the way they are mistiming tackles and how my shots zoom in the net like laser guided rockets followed by a rage quit.

Logic says some people will get connection advantage or fair mostly, some will get it smooth and fair all of the time, some it will vary between smooth and disadvantage and some will get more often than not disadvantage and delay. People state on here they get smooth gameplay 100% of the time.

If I have really bad button delay I will be guaranteed to lose unless it's in friendlies Vs someone 4 divisions below me. It is always one sided. The difference between smooth and constant delay is probably elite division VS division 3/4 for me.

If people claim to be at a disadvantage 100% of the time they probably have bad internet and are mistaking that for button delay/slowed down animations/passes etc.
  • Kennyy
    10692 posts Has That Special Something
    D0lvl wrote: »

Speed up lad is your end. They’ve carried on as normal and you’ve got to catch up
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    Won 7, and gave x3 away.

What division are you true blue mate?? I'm division 5 average Joe and sitting 1-1 after getting up at 6am to play before work. I thought I'd get a hammering in both games due to it being so early. I reckon it's a complete myth that there are better or worse times to have a crack at qualifying.

Hi mate, I am normally in Div1,,, but been working away and have only just got back and been put bk down to D3 for the new season.
    I only played few rivals games in order to have a crack at the playoffs,, and tbh I did them the day b4 and was still rather unwell at the time.
    Its not really got much to do with when u play,, but much more on how much pressure you put on yourself.
    I know, because I only qualified once before tge change and it always went to the last game and i usually always finished on 4 wins,,, lost so many in ET or pen shootouts etc.
    This time, I had already the excuse of having Covid and not being tip top,, plus I wasnt even interested in WL,, I just wanted to get the icon swaps objective complete, so if Im all better and I am out of isolating ,, this weekend I have plans to go somewhere.

So when not bothered, no pressure, thats what made it so much easier. That or the Covid has unleashed some new fifa superpower
  • JRD wrote: »

I can have a day or up to a whole week where I'm at a disadvantage in every game. The game is constantly borderline unplayable. Some days it will be 100% smooth and fair. Some days it will vary game to game. A couple of games I notice I have an advantage but this is way way rarer than being at a disadvantage. I can tell by the way they are mistiming tackles and how my shots zoom in the net like laser guided rockets followed by a rage quit.

Logic says some people will get connection advantage or fair mostly, some will get it smooth and fair all of the time, some it will vary between smooth and disadvantage and some will get more often than not disadvantage and delay. People state on here they get smooth gameplay 100% of the time.

If I have really bad button delay I will be guaranteed to lose unless it's in friendlies Vs someone 4 divisions below me. It is always one sided. The difference between smooth and constant delay is probably elite division VS division 3/4 for me.

If people claim to be at a disadvantage 100% of the time they probably have bad internet and are mistaking that for button delay/slowed down animations/passes etc.

And some people just think and talk about connection way too much when they should focus on gameplay and skilllevel instead.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2779 posts National Call-Up

And some people just think and talk about connection way too much when they should focus on gameplay and skilllevel instead.

You really are an insufferable weapon without an empathetic bone in your body aren’t you?!

Your experience isn’t the same as everyone else’s. Not everyone is ‘top 200’ as you claim to be. Some people play the game casually and probably aren’t able to get to a level where connection doesn’t matter. So rather than kicking people when they’re down like you do on so many threads, how about just keeping your smug, self congratulating mouth shut and do everyone a favour.
  • Damo_Suzuki

You really are an insufferable weapon without an empathetic bone in your body aren’t you?!

Your experience isn’t the same as everyone else’s. Not everyone is ‘top 200’ as you claim to be. Some people play the game casually and probably aren’t able to get to a level where connection doesn’t matter. So rather than kicking people when they’re down like you do on so many threads, how about just keeping your smug, self congratulating mouth shut and do everyone a favour.

He has connection advantage he's admitted he's never experienced button delay many a time. And as for the lack of ability to emphasise or think experiences outside his own exist - I think he has a narcissistic personality disorder. Don't hate, just feel sorry for him.
  • Nickthegreek20
    edited January 5

He has connection advantage he's admitted he's never experienced button delay many a time. And as for the lack of ability to emphasise or think experiences outside his own exist - I think he has a narcissistic personality disorder. Don't hate, just feel sorry for him.

Oh I know all this. But others don’t. His constant kicking of people when they’re having a vent or the game’s got them down (it happens to the best of us) really winds me up. There’s nothing to be gained from it and the forum would be a better place without it.
  • Orison wrote: »

Oh I know all this. But others don’t. His constant kicking of people when they’re having a vent or the game’s got them down (it happens to the best of us) really winds me up. There’s nothing to be gained from it and the forum would be a better place without it.

The forum would also be a better place if people wanted to play the game to the best of their ability. And not search for faults within it.

It would mean a lot less "venting posts" as you called them.

If me and that guy uploaded gameplay it would probably look quite similar (the gameplay and its state itself, not necessarily how we play). And yet he keeps complaining and I keep saying that my gameplay is fine. Now is there an actual difference or is it a different perception of the same gameplay?
  • Nickthegreek20

The forum would also be a better place if people wanted to play the game to the best of their ability. And not search for faults within it.

If me and that guy uploaded gameplay it would probably look quite similar (the gameplay and its state itself, not necessarily how we play). And yet he keeps complaining and I keep saying that my gameplay is fine. Now is there an actual difference or is it a different perception of the same gameplay?

You really can’t see it can you? Your first sentence mention “the best of their ability”. NOT EVERYONE IS AS GOOD AS YOU AT THIS GAME. And probably won’t ever be. Maybe that’s down to not having the time to put into the game because of family or work, or maybe it’s because they just haven’t got the capability to get to a top 200 level. I know I don’t. Please stop looking at things only from an Elite player who doesn’t experience lags point of view.

Just because you think things don’t exist doesn’t mean they don’t. Not everyone’s gameplay is lag free. In fact I’d say it’s a very small percentage of players who don’t get it.

So please, please, please stop with this constant stream of telling people to get better. It’s rude and unhelpful.
  • Damo_Suzuki

People can't play the game to the best of their ability as they are handicapped by delay. That's the point. You think this game breaking delay doesn't exist to this extent. I know it does and so do many other people who experience it. You choose to devalue all our personal experiences as delusions/perceptions/exaggerated lies as that keeps your ego at its highest. Your ego/narcissism is incapable of accepting that people's gameplay differs to your own at all. It's quite bizarre.

The massive amount of people that complain about delay on here - you choose to think they are all delusional - rather than entertain that the idea their gameplay may differ from your own is within reason. That's total madness!
  • RonnyDinhoLeGoat
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Toxic little ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ‘s in here huh
  • Orison
    74636 posts Icon
    edited January 5

People can't play the game to the best of their ability as they are handicapped by delay. That's the point. You think this game breaking delay doesn't exist to this extent. I know it does and so do many other people who experience it. You choose to devalue all our personal experiences as delusions/perceptions/exaggerated lies as that keeps your ego at its highest. Your ego/narcissism is incapable of accepting that people's gameplay differs to your own at all. It's quite bizarre.

The massive amount of people that complain about delay on here - you choose to think they are all delusional - rather than entertain that the idea their gameplay may differ from your own is within reason. That's total madness!

Did I "devalue" your experience when you literally did nothing to add any value to it?

There are no clips, there is no gameplay, you just "know". That's all there is, you "know".

If someone complains about the gameplay, turns on the stream, shows off a few games (that didn't look too differently compared to mine) and still finishes 18-2 then ok his perception of gameplay might be different, but he grinded through it. Pros complain about delay and get 18-2/19-1/20-0. And yet some random guy who never showed off any gameplay claims to "know" that the delay is "game breaking".

What exactly did you do to make me value your perception of delay and gameplay? I have never seen your gameplay, your level of delay, your overall level of gameplay and decision making, there is nothing. It's the same as a flat earther complaining about you not respecting his "opinion" when he "knows" that the earth is flat.