A.I OVERPOWERED

Lajqi
31 posts Has Potential To Be Special
The AI is honestly ridiculous. I used to play ultimate mode on career mode in fifa 21 this year it took one game to realize that I can’t play on ultimate as I lost 11-0 to some South American team in preseason as Barcelona. I play on legendary currently which is the ‘best’ game mode for me atm as anything lower is just too easy. Even on legendary AI pull off ❤️❤️❤️❤️ plays, CB will rocket the ball into the net from outside the box. All AI players seem like they have all 99 stats for some reason, it’s really not that fun to play against. They also have these perfect tactics where they constantly press aggressively and injure my players without fouling, lose minimal stamina, score unrealistic goals…

Comments

• Lajqi
    31 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not to mention my players miss CLEAR CUT chances it’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ridiculous. I’ll miss chances in Scenarios where there’s a lower chance of missing the goal than scoring…
  • PhantomATS
    46 posts Park Captain
    It is typical EA, instead of making the AI player with more skill they boost the AI player ratings more and more with each difficulty setting. I noticed starting around World Class players with 70 speed have no problem running stride for stride with players with 99 speed even when they don't have the ball.
  • mfmaxpower
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's more challenging this year for sure. Usually I play on Ultimate but right now mostly playing on Legendary, though it's starting to get a little easy. Still, you'll have those games where it's near impossible to keep clean sheets. Scoring is still easy enough. It's just massively imbalanced between the challenge of being solid in defense and attacking play.

If you're struggling to find the right setting, use sliders.
  • Did something happen to the gameplay? Have I missed a patch. Up until the last 2 days I was really enjoying my Career mode. I play on World Class but now I feel like I’m playing against an AI team on Ultimate difficulty whilst on steroids! Just trying to play a game is stressing me out, it’s like mega unrealistic pin ball!!
  • mfmaxpower
    Funny
    s800tar wrote: »
    Did something happen to the gameplay? Have I missed a patch. Up until the last 2 days I was really enjoying my Career mode. I play on World Class but now I feel like I’m playing against an AI team on Ultimate difficulty whilst on steroids! Just trying to play a game is stressing me out, it’s like mega unrealistic pin ball!!

Funny cause my experience is the opposite. On PS5 at least, I was having a decent challenge on Legendary but since the last patch I'm crushing the CPU and need to go back to Ultimate.

I'm still running the same CM save since release though. Shouldn't make a difference but who knows with this game...
  • GoonerSoldier
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    Funny
    Did something happen to the gameplay? Have I missed a patch. Up until the last 2 days I was really enjoying my Career mode. I play on World Class but now I feel like I’m playing against an AI team on Ultimate difficulty whilst on steroids! Just trying to play a game is stressing me out, it’s like mega unrealistic pin ball!!

Funny cause my experience is the opposite. On PS5 at least, I was having a decent challenge on Legendary but since the last patch I'm crushing the CPU and need to go back to Ultimate.

I'm still running the same CM save since release though. Shouldn't make a difference but who knows with this game...

Out of curiosity, do you play with the default controls, semi, or manual ?
  • mfmaxpower
    Funny

It's a mix. I used to be a FUMA player but these days I try to not go too far from default otherwise it totally screws me up when I play multiplayer.
  • GoonerSoldier
    465 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Funny

It's a mix. I used to be a FUMA player but these days I try to not go too far from default otherwise it totally screws me up when I play multiplayer.

Ah okay. Without touching sliders it seems they have fixed Legendary mode a bit. Its difficult to say since they announced they could change Gameplay without any patches. 😐
  • The AI on these games are a joke, the game is so scripted and once you start beating the AI on any level above pro it gives its self a huge boost in everything suddenly all players are 99 everything pace, strength, passing....and so on, EA seriously need to fix its games or maybe actually give us new games each time instead of taking the last fifa make 5 changes so it looks new and slap a new number on it and charge us a stupid prices.
  • Cobblers
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've found that the opposition seems to be able to score from way out of the box at least once in every game. There seems to be hardly any way of stopping it.

I don't remember that being the case in Fifa 21.
  • mfmaxpower
    The AI on these games are a joke, the game is so scripted and once you start beating the AI on any level above pro it gives its self a huge boost in everything suddenly all players are 99 everything pace, strength, passing....and so on, EA seriously need to fix its games or maybe actually give us new games each time instead of taking the last fifa make 5 changes so it looks new and slap a new number on it and charge us a stupid prices.

This is not correct. Yes, they get boosts but it's never to 99 everything in 22. It's always winnable. There's people out there who've showed proof of going undefeated on Ultimate, while keeping a good amount of cleansheets. That ain't me - I can go undefeated but struggle with keeping cleansheets on Ultimate.

Either use sliders, or some are having success dropping difficulty down a level for away games.

Not defending the game. It's a mess. But they basically now have the difficulty settings based off FUT Squad Battles needs to be, so if you don't have high enough overalls compared with opposition or aren't an elite player with stick skills, it's a struggle.

If you need to, sliders can be your best friend to even the odds.
  • The_giant616
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    The AI on these games are a joke, the game is so scripted and once you start beating the AI on any level above pro it gives its self a huge boost in everything suddenly all players are 99 everything pace, strength, passing....and so on, EA seriously need to fix its games or maybe actually give us new games each time instead of taking the last fifa make 5 changes so it looks new and slap a new number on it and charge us a stupid prices.

This is not correct. Yes, they get boosts but it's never to 99 everything in 22. It's always winnable. There's people out there who've showed proof of going undefeated on Ultimate, while keeping a good amount of cleansheets. That ain't me - I can go undefeated but struggle with keeping cleansheets on Ultimate.

Either use sliders, or some are having success dropping difficulty down a level for away games.

Not defending the game. It's a mess. But they basically now have the difficulty settings based off FUT Squad Battles needs to be, so if you don't have high enough overalls compared with opposition or aren't an elite player with stick skills, it's a struggle.

If you need to, sliders can be your best friend to even the odds.

Exactly, some people just can’t accept that they’re not as good as they think. I play Legendary instead of ultimate (because I can’t be bothered watching ai the ping pong pass for so long) but I’ve gone unbeaten all season and when I was playing ultimate was winning most games with the occasional loss in big games. You need to adapt and learn how to play differently if you’re struggling.
  • y_j_es_i
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2021
    Lajqi wrote: »
    The AI is honestly ridiculous. I used to play ultimate mode on career mode in fifa 21 this year it took one game to realize that I can’t play on ultimate as I lost 11-0 to some South American team in preseason as Barcelona. I play on legendary currently which is the ‘best’ game mode for me atm as anything lower is just too easy. Even on legendary AI pull off ❤️❤️❤️❤️ plays, CB will rocket the ball into the net from outside the box. All AI players seem like they have all 99 stats for some reason, it’s really not that fun to play against. They also have these perfect tactics where they constantly press aggressively and injure my players without fouling, lose minimal stamina, score unrealistic goals…

Dude just turn the difficulty down. The only people who’d look down on someone for not playing a game on a certain difficulty level are douchy neckbeards
  • GVlXxf
    60 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lajqi wrote: »
    The AI is honestly ridiculous. I used to play ultimate mode on career mode in fifa ........

beyond world class without any slidebar adjustment, it is basically, unrealistic . u get it wrong, realistic AI never happen beyond world class currently since certain FIFA. for an example , when an unknown or average AI defender can easily catch up with Bale and messi, Mbappa, how can u said this is realistic difficulty,that why ppl never played beyond world class. u may need to use slidebar adjustment,as there was a boosted on this in such difficulties
  • I actually enjoy that ultimate difficulty is harder this year, past fifas y always dominated everything and now it is actually challenging and have to rotate better have better rosters, etc...
  • MartyForster
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's weird how when you play against Villa your players are quick, can turn, can control the ball and CB's don't split but when you play Utd at OT the ball just bounces straight back to them off defenders, Insigne runs slower than Maguire and slide tackles from behind are allowed.

For some reason the opposition AI is always way better if I do a career mode with Utd or similar than if I do one with Brentford as well.