Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    9556 posts League Winner
    Haha, our season has just fallen off a cliff hasn't it, everything's against us all of a sudden.
  • Cyodine
    5687 posts Big Money Move
    Chalobah :D
  • Nem
    8040 posts League Winner
    Mo Salah, Mo Salah 🎶😏
  • Shshj
    12232 posts Has That Special Something
    We’re in trouble here. Desperately. Our season has fallen apart.
  • El_Nino
    9556 posts League Winner
    Our squad just isn't as good as we thought, tactics from Tuchel are spot out, completely outplaying Liverpool, buy individual errors ruining us.
  • WryLucky
    6202 posts Big Money Move
    Alonso
  • SimenHP
    5269 posts Big Money Move
    What was VAR looking for there?
  • Sercs
    22232 posts Club Captain
    Goals were always going to dry up eventually when they were mostly coming from defenders & pens.

Shame Lukaku has done you all so dirty. I’m fine with it as a Liverpool fan mind 😅
  • SimenHP
    KovaGOALcic
  • WryLucky
    About time we score one of those
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    SimenHP wrote: »
    KovaGOALcic

That’s about as bad as Chalobah’s header
  • SimenHP
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    KovaGOALcic

That’s about as bad as Chalobah’s header

PuliGOALsic :wink:
  • Ibte10
    2654 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fair play to the lads for that fight back. Ngl, I didn’t think we would come back. Sets up the second half nicely.
  • WryLucky
    I do not enjoy looking at our bench.
  • SimenHP
    WryLucky wrote: »

Look at this and you might feel better:

55b5e6b1b1765cbc3c225db9171cba65.png
  • Shshj
    Never ever a dull day with this club, ever :joy:
  • WryLucky

Look at this and you might feel better:

55b5e6b1b1765cbc3c225db9171cba65.png

Just glad Origi isn't on the bench.
  • WryLucky
    Alonso is so greedy ffs
  • Efrenc90
    1351 posts Play-Off Hero
    VVD4 wrote: »
    You’re gonna park the bus so it doesn’t really mean anything.

So much for Chelsea parking the bus looks like Liverpool have it well parked with all players on their defensive half playing the counter
  • Ashy
    20064 posts Club Captain
    Efrenc90 wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    You’re gonna park the bus so it doesn’t really mean anything.

So much for Chelsea parking the bus looks like Liverpool have it well parked with all players on their defensive half playing the counter

This, just watched the last 10 mins or so and it's all Chelsea with Liverpool in their own box
  • WryLucky
    They tried their best, I can't be mad about that.
  • SimenHP
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I imagine they'll be an xG stat at the end of the game which disproves what we are all watching.

You know who will post that here.
  • El_Nino
    9556 posts League Winner
    Absolute credit to everyone on the pitch today, clearly the better team, shame on Lukaku, if he wasn't a fool, it would've been a win.
  • Ibte10
    2654 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well it is another draw, but the performance and effort was good so that is positive at least.
  • WryLucky
    Kovacic deserves extra special praise, was amazing all game.
  • CFCsjmishra
    9314 posts League Winner
    Kovacic deserves extra special praise, was amazing all game.

+Kante

Chalobah was a bit shaky today but a few performances like this should be expected seeing how young he is. A good result overall and a boost for a tough month ahead. Also, this match showed why Tuchel and the boys have it in them to go the distance in UCL!
  • Shshj
    Amen, and I’m glad the press have picked up on it.

• CFCsjmishra
    9314 posts League Winner
    Just did a bit of digging into our recent starting line-ups.

Since 20th Nov, we have played 13 games and used 13 different starting XIs
    2. We've had our preferred pairing of CMs in just 5 of these 13 games (preferred pairing=combination of any two of Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic)
    3. Tried 6 different pairings of LWB/RWB (normally this would have been fine but with Alonso's abysmal form, we've suffered here as well. Shows how much we need a replacement LB)
    4. Had 5 different players at CF/ST position (Lukaku, Havertz, Pulisic, Vale, and Werner). On only 2 occasions, has a striker started consecutively (Havertz: Watford (W) - West Ham (L) & Pulisic - Everton (D) & Wolves (D))
    5. Some of our most important players (who would walk into starting XI easily) have sat out major chunks of this period. In terms of appearance: Chilwell (2/13), Kovacic (3/13), Kante (5/13), Lukaku (2/13)

Our record has been 6-6-1 during this period with some unlucky draws/loss. Just wanted to bring this point out because even though a lot of people recognize that we have suffered from injuries/COVID, the narrative that we don't have it in us to challenge for the title and City are well ahead of us is a bit overblown. They are a squad with much better stability but it's quite clear that Chelsea has been quite unlucky with injuries. Also, these figures don't take into account the recovery time it takes for a player to regain match fitness.
  • WryLucky
    Lukaku can be replaced, why would I be on his side when he puts Inter Milan as his club on his social media?