Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• VVD4
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    City and Chelsea got to play a heavily depleted Leeds, whilst our turn to wreck havoc on them gets postponed. Typical.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21686 posts Club Captain
    Guessing Mane and Salah both being left out last night was a slight chance to get the team used to eachother for when they are gone
  • Wyojasond
    18150 posts World Class
    Didn’t see much of the game besides highlights. How was Neco on the wings? Useable or a failed experiment?
  • VVD4
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Didn’t see much of the game besides highlights. How was Neco on the wings? Useable or a failed experiment?

Absolutely useless at RW, but acceptable at RB in the second half.

Koumetio was horrific at CB. I’m not really buying into the Morton hype either. Usually you can just tell when a young player has got “it” (like Elliot) and none of these guys have that, including Neco Williams, who I think is just average.

We were completely overrun in the first half. We brought on Konate, Milner and Jota for Koumetio, Bradley and Morton at half time and instantly looked like the better side, even though it was still a first 11 full of reserves. Keita coming on for Henderson at around 60 mins really changed things, though, he was fantastic. Leicester couldn’t get a sniff in the second half. Konate was a beast.
  • Argie8
    7036 posts Big Money Move
    I think Neco is unlikely to be anything more than a Championship player honestly
  • VVD4

Keita highlights from last night. I love it when Klopp gives him the license to take people on and get forward.
  • VVD4
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I think Neco is unlikely to be anything more than a Championship player honestly

His performances for Wales have me thinking he could grow to be a decent fullback for a middle/bottom PL team, but then again, Woodburn and Wilson turned up for Wales and haven’t amounted to anything Club-wise.
  • Kellnerr
    5036 posts Big Money Move
    Neco is a decent backup with more potential in him. Best for all parties probably though to sell him since we surely can get a nice fee for him and he can make the next step (or not)
  • Wyojasond
    18150 posts World Class
    Yeah I heard Konate and Keita really changed the game. Couldn’t believe Koumetio was given the start to be honest.

Neco is a tough one for me. Feel like he has some great qualities, but don’t see him making that next step.
  • Argie8
    7036 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »

His performances for Wales have me thinking he could grow to be a decent fullback for a middle/bottom PL team, but then again, Woodburn and Wilson turned up for Wales and haven’t amounted to anything Club-wise.

I think he’s improved a fair bit but I also don’t think the impact of playing next to Virgil and Matip with Fab and Hendo in front can be understated. Drop him in a a lower PL team and I think he would really struggle. I’d like to see him go out on loan and get a run of games playing for a side though.
  • tilen11
    7241 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2021
    Something is happening by the looks of it...

BREAKING: According to ESPN, Liverpool is offering €572k per week tfor service of Mo Salah. Salah's representatives are expected to accept the offer.

There were also some posts (not sure how legit) that Liverpool is ready to announce Salah's extension to 2025. In the same period as this, Klopp extended till 2024.
  • Ashy
    20092 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2021
    Isn't Klopp's contract already for 2024?

That wage is £483k a week and im sure a lot is bonuses but I'd imagine £350k of that will be guaranteed, easily becoming the highest paid player in the league once a few bonuses are reached every week
  • tilen11
    Ashy wrote: »
    Isn't Klopp's contract already for 2024?

That wage is £483k a week and im sure a lot is bonuses but I'd imagine £350k of that will be guaranteed, easily becoming the highest paid player in the league once a few bonuses are reached every week

Klopp is but he extended in this same period back then as Salah will? now.
  • Kellnerr
    So, since today's game is off, what would be a realistic transfer summer window? I don't expect anything to happen in January.

Out: Karius (free), Neco (15M), Gomez (30M), Phillips (10M), Milner (free), Grujic (9M) + fringe players (Ojo, Sepp, Rhys, Davies, Woodburn) either on a free or out on loan again. Davies has played most of the time for Sheffield this season, does anyone know how he did? I don't expect him to be good enough to be 4th CB, eh?

Basically we would need a new RB and CB backup. Süle looks like being for sale but he's probably too good for our bench, just like Gomez. Someone experienced that doesn't get mad if he's on the bench would be easier, like we had in Klavan and Kolo.
    In midfield we only are set to lose Milner and with Elliot coming back from injury he's basically already upgraded. Leaves us with the gap we didn't close when Wijnaldum left, so there's the possibility to bring in Bellingham.

So 2 backups and a potential starting CM, definitely should be possible. The option of upgrading Origi obviously still exists aswell 🌚
  • tilen11
    Backup attacker if anything is my guess
  • VVD4
    edited December 2021
    Fabinho misses the Chelsea game if he gets booked tonight, so I’m unsure if Klopp will risk him? I personally hope he plays and I think he’s capable of not picking up a yellow against a depleted Leicester side that we should be crushing.

Hoping to see this:

Mane - Jota - Salah
    Thiago - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Tsimikas - VVD - Matip - TAA
    Alisson
  • VVD4
    edited December 2021
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    So, since today's game is off, what would be a realistic transfer summer window? I don't expect anything to happen in January.

Out: Karius (free), Neco (15M), Gomez (30M), Phillips (10M), Milner (free), Grujic (9M) + fringe players (Ojo, Sepp, Rhys, Davies, Woodburn) either on a free or out on loan again. Davies has played most of the time for Sheffield this season, does anyone know how he did? I don't expect him to be good enough to be 4th CB, eh?

Basically we would need a new RB and CB backup. Süle looks like being for sale but he's probably too good for our bench, just like Gomez. Someone experienced that doesn't get mad if he's on the bench would be easier, like we had in Klavan and Kolo.
    In midfield we only are set to lose Milner and with Elliot coming back from injury he's basically already upgraded. Leaves us with the gap we didn't close when Wijnaldum left, so there's the possibility to bring in Bellingham.

So 2 backups and a potential starting CM, definitely should be possible. The option of upgrading Origi obviously still exists aswell 🌚

I’m hoping that we hold onto all of our best players, and let Milner go, replacing him with a CM that could/should be starting, in the Bellingham or Tielemans mould. I wouldn’t mind if AOC was offloaded too. I’d be happy going into next season with our group of midfielders looking something like this:

Fabinho
    Henderson
    Thiago
    Keita
    Elliot
    Jones
    Bellingham/Tielemans/new signing

Up front, we all want Mbappe or Haaland, but we all know that it is not happening. Realistically, I can see some decent teams coming in for Origi, so if he decides that it is time to go, we can finally bring in the “young forward with potential” that everyone seems to be craving. Personally, I’d be happy to just keep Origi. He is still only 26 and does the job of a 5th choice forward perfectly.

So:

Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Jota
    Origi/new signing
    Minamino

Suarez is out of contract in the summer, so if we could bring him back on a free to join the above group of forwards, I would cry happy tears and declare us 2022/23 PL champions immediately.

At the back, we need a decent RB cover, but it will be hard to convince a good one to come here due to the limited chances they’ll get to play ahead of TAA. Pulling off another Tsimikas style signing would be ideal, but the chances of us striking gold like that on both flanks is so low. I have no idea who we’d be in for, or who would be willing to come. Then we can send Neco Williams on loan to a lower PL team and give him a chance to impress away from Liverpool.

We also need a CB if we let Phillips and Gomez go. Ideally we would just keep Gomez, but there is noise that he wants out due to lack of playing time. Like it has already been mentioned, someone older and experienced would be good enough, especially as it seems that Konate is nowhere near as injury prone as he was made out to be. Again, I’ve not really got a clue who we could sign here. Maybe one of the guys that will be a free agent in the summer? If it’s someone good, we could sell the idea to them by showing them Matip’s injury history.

So:

Robertson
    Tsimikas

TAA
    New signing

VVD
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez/new signing

As for goalkeepers, I think we’re set with Alisson and Kelleher.

In conclusion, my realistic (with a sprinkle of dreaming) transfer window is…

In:

Suarez
    Forward (if Origi goes)
    Bellingham/Tielemans/CM
    Centre-back
    Right-back

Out:

Origi (if he decides it is time)
    Milner
    AOC
    Gomez
    Phillips
    N.Williams (loan)
    Other fringe/youth players
  • Ashy
    20092 posts Club Captain
    Never heard of this Raum before
  • Cyodine
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »

I’m hoping that we hold onto all of our best players, and let Milner go, replacing him with a CM that could/should be starting, in the Bellingham or Tielemans mould. I wouldn’t mind if AOC was offloaded too. I’d be happy going into next season with our group of midfielders looking something like this:

Fabinho
    Henderson
    Thiago
    Keita
    Elliot
    Jones
    Bellingham/Tielemans/new signing

Up front, we all want Mbappe or Haaland, but we all know that it is not happening. Realistically, I can see some decent teams coming in for Origi, so if he decides that it is time to go, we can finally bring in the “young forward with potential” that everyone seems to be craving. Personally, I’d be happy to just keep Origi. He is still only 26 and does the job of a 5th choice forward perfectly.

So:

Salah
    Mane
    Firmino
    Jota
    Origi/new signing
    Minamino

Suarez is out of contract in the summer, so if we could bring him back on a free to join the above group of forwards, I would cry happy tears and declare us 2022/23 PL champions immediately.

At the back, we need a decent RB cover, but it will be hard to convince a good one to come here due to the limited chances they’ll get to play ahead of TAA. Pulling off another Tsimikas style signing would be ideal, but the chances of us striking gold like that on both flanks is so low. I have no idea who we’d be in for, or who would be willing to come. Then we can send Neco Williams on loan to a lower PL team and give him a chance to impress away from Liverpool.

We also need a CB if we let Phillips and Gomez go. Ideally we would just keep Gomez, but there is noise that he wants out due to lack of playing time. Like it has already been mentioned, someone older and experienced would be good enough, especially as it seems that Konate is nowhere near as injury prone as he was made out to be. Again, I’ve not really got a clue who we could sign here. Maybe one of the guys that will be a free agent in the summer? If it’s someone good, we could sell the idea to them by showing them Matip’s injury history.

So:

Robertson
    Tsimikas

TAA
    New signing

VVD
    Matip
    Konate
    Gomez/new signing

As for goalkeepers, I think we’re set with Alisson and Kelleher.

In conclusion, my realistic (with a sprinkle of dreaming) transfer window is…

In:

Suarez
    Forward (if Origi goes)
    Bellingham/Tielemans/CM
    Centre-back
    Right-back

Out:

Origi (if he decides it is time)
    Milner
    AOC
    Gomez
    Phillips
    N.Williams (loan)
    Other fringe/youth players

If Origi decided it was time to go and we brought in Suarez as his replacement, that would be the dream, one world class finisher for another.

I honestly hope we get Tielemans over Bellingham, regardless both will be great and probably be sold for similar fees.
  • Kellnerr
    Ashy wrote: »
    Never heard of this Raum before

Guy is an absolute machine. Amazing crosses and set pieces. 15 assists last season in the 2nd divison and now proving himself in the Bundesliga aswell, 5 assists and 1 goal so far as a LB/LWB and still only 23.
  • VVD4
    Fabinho misses the Chelsea game if he gets booked tonight, so I’m unsure if Klopp will risk him? I personally hope he plays and I think he’s capable of not picking up a yellow against a depleted Leicester side that we should be crushing.

Hoping to see this:

Mane - Jota - Salah
    Thiago - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Tsimikas - VVD - Matip - TAA
    Alisson

AOC for Thiago is the only one wrong, due to Thiago (and Minamino) missing out with minor muscle soreness.

I would have preferred to see Keita start ahead of AOC, but we’ll see how it goes.
  • Kellnerr
    I want Owen Beck to make his league debut today.
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    Salah 🤣🤣
  • Pietu
    11913 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Salah 🤣🤣

Fancy seeing you, can you see us from down there? Say hello to your dad when you next see him 👋
  • Cyodine
    A shove?
  • Cyodine
    Superb defending by Matip
  • Cyodine
    What a rum by Matip :open_mouth:
  • Kellnerr
    Hendo really is going for it today :lol: