Non Meta Formations Thread

Comments

• Wrighty1993
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Since1875 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20211221-223200-Companion.jpg
    popular desktop screen resolutions

This is the team I'm running in the belgium tactics. Sergej is the best creative striker I've used.

Having a lot of fun with this.
    Just waiting on the Coutinho SBC.

6-B09-F8-E4-6-A7-C-404-F-9347-A06-AF13-EB322.jpg

That 86 delaney is an absolute gem

Yeah he’s very good.
    Perfect work rates too.
    Can’t believe how cheap he is.

Have you had a look at the La Liga Objective player, Luis Milla...bit of a hidden beast aswell
  • Since1875 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20211221-223200-Companion.jpg
    popular desktop screen resolutions

This is the team I'm running in the belgium tactics. Sergej is the best creative striker I've used.

Having a lot of fun with this.
    Just waiting on the Coutinho SBC.

6-B09-F8-E4-6-A7-C-404-F-9347-A06-AF13-EB322.jpg

That 86 delaney is an absolute gem

Yeah he’s very good.
    Perfect work rates too.
    Can’t believe how cheap he is.

Have you had a look at the La Liga Objective player, Luis Milla...bit of a hidden beast aswell

I’ve not mate, I’ll have a look 👍🏼
  • JakeH
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still having success with that Twitter 433 5. Apologies for the defence. Untradeable players only.

FF173583-5436-4714-ACBA-927-DBF7-E002-B.jpg
  • Cudarido
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2021
    Still using 352. Team updated this week with Cruyff / Ter Stegen (icon & party bag sbc). Only Messi and Clauss are tradeable cards. I usually start with 433 and sometimes switch back to this ingame depending on the situation that's why Verratti plays as either a CDM or CCB. I will change Clauss to Traore - way better stats for the same price, both with 99 stamina which is crucial for 352 wingers.
    [img][/img]Team2.jpg

• Joeznnn
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JakeH wrote: »
    Still having success with that Twitter 433 5. Apologies for the defence. Untradeable players only.

FF173583-5436-4714-ACBA-927-DBF7-E002-B.jpg

Tactics on this mate?

I ran the tactics on page 1 of this thread until about a month ago. Packed R9 so I’ve no reason to meta sweat anymore, back to “fun” formations.
  • freddfranca
    2628 posts Fans' Favourite
    I finally figured out how to use my best players in the same team.

F68869-C9-CD16-4-BB9-B3-A0-2-ED37-D666-C08.jpg

I don’t know what formation I will use yet, but at least the team is set
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    I finally figured out how to use my best players in the same team.

F68869-C9-CD16-4-BB9-B3-A0-2-ED37-D666-C08.jpg

I don’t know what formation I will use yet, but at least the team is set

King Basten, was in my squad for 180 games till i lobbed him off in an SBC. Great card, a shame many will snub him because of his pace
  • What a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game this is.
    Played about 4 games on the bounce where I’ve had about 15 shots on goal to my opponents 4 and they have all ended draws 🙈

Honestly, the hand holding from the AI needs to stop or this game can never be taken seriously.

If I play someone and he’s better than me then I expect to lose the game.

It’s just embarrassing now.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    Does anyone here play not using any skills? Just passing?

As I rarely skill and looking to change things up from my usual 352 formation/tactics?

• freddfranca

As I rarely skill and looking to change things up from my usual 352 formation/tactics?

I am zero skillet, every time I try I lose the ball
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2021

Other than the twitter 4-3-3(5) which are still great, I've got nothing to suggest- did have fun with a 3-4-2-1 a while ago as well, not got the ct instructions for that tho.

edit* Rarely skill as well, though I've been trying to learn the 'elastico' recently as got a few 5* skillers-no success yet 😂

• Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    High420 wrote: »

Other than the twitter 4-3-3(5) which are still great, I've got nothing to suggest- did have fun with a 3-4-2-1 a while ago as well, not got the ct instructions for that tho.

edit* Rarely skill as well, though I've been trying to learn the 'elastico' recently as got a few 5* skillers-no success yet 😂

Cheers mate will give that a try. Got untradeable Ice Jesus from when EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up and around 2mill liquid so will build something nice
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero

Cheers mate will give that a try. Got untradeable Ice Jesus from when EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up and around 2mill liquid so will build something nice

Nice man , that a big win!

I sold my investments and bought mid Cantona. -loving his card at ST so far, had meant to play him cam as FB Benzema is ridiculous and Di Natale easily the best card I've used this year, but he came with a hunter on and just felt better as ST.

Gonna stick an engine on him and play him at cam though I think.
  • freddfranca
    edited December 2021
    Is anyone using 4312, 41212(2) or 4222 ?

I need ideas for one of these formations, it’s the best way I can fit all players I want.
  • BackDaddy
    3315 posts National Call-Up

I need ideas for one of these formations, it’s the best way I can fit all players I want.

Wrong thread lol, all meta formations
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    BackDaddy wrote: »

4-3-1-2 isn't, hardly ever see anyone use the formation
  • freddfranca

That’s why I asked here, I want a non meta approach
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    ICUP wrote: »

4-3-1-2 isn't, hardly ever see anyone use the formation

I can't remember who it was, but there was someone in here using 4-3-1-2 who shared their tactics with me that I used for a while- hopefully they see this and remember for you- I'll have a look in my post history and try find them
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kloral wrote: »
    Qualified with ease on ps4 version of the game- used my own 4-1-3-2 , whilst waiting for @Kloral to hopefully share their tactics.

As something different it felt ok, but. will give it a proper go next WL on the PS5 version.

Even with its issues, I still far prefer the PS5 version of the game- but way way more sweats on the PS5 it seems haha

Sure mate, tactics below. @High420

tactics-4132.png

STRs both on get in behind

CDM on stay back and cover centre

RB/LB on stab back

Everyone else on default.

The way I play it is to switch play often. For example, take your LB and switch play to your RB, driven pass into RM, driven pass into left STR, over the top to other STR or skill move/dribble into shooting space. I find the heel flick works well as you tend to have some space.

On defence, the CM drops back and it feels like 442 so make sure whoever you play there is both offensively and defensively minded. I've used lots of players but I'm having some success this week with the new RF Nkunku with IF Frenkie as my holding player. The NIF Frenkie has been the holding player since day 1 for me until I got his red before.

I've had baby Dalglish and IF Depay up top until the FB Benz came out who pushed Depay to RM. My LM and RM tend to change fairly often. Right now my LM is Danjuma for chem purposes but I've enjoyed Chong and NIF Dembele for the longest time.

Back line has been the same for months until the Pique today with IF Theo - Chielini (previously De Ligt) - NIF Ramos - IF Navas and Donnamura. With Pique replacing Ramos the keeper is now IF Sznecy.

Hope that helps mate. I tinkered with formations in early access and fell in love with this set up on the 4132 to great success so far.

@freddfranca There you go, it was @Kloral who was nice enough to share his tactics.
  • freddfranca
    Kloral wrote: »
    Qualified with ease on ps4 version of the game- used my own 4-1-3-2 , whilst waiting for @Kloral to hopefully share their tactics.

As something different it felt ok, but. will give it a proper go next WL on the PS5 version.

Even with its issues, I still far prefer the PS5 version of the game- but way way more sweats on the PS5 it seems haha

Sure mate, tactics below. @High420

tactics-4132.png

STRs both on get in behind

CDM on stay back and cover centre

RB/LB on stab back

Everyone else on default.

The way I play it is to switch play often. For example, take your LB and switch play to your RB, driven pass into RM, driven pass into left STR, over the top to other STR or skill move/dribble into shooting space. I find the heel flick works well as you tend to have some space.

On defence, the CM drops back and it feels like 442 so make sure whoever you play there is both offensively and defensively minded. I've used lots of players but I'm having some success this week with the new RF Nkunku with IF Frenkie as my holding player. The NIF Frenkie has been the holding player since day 1 for me until I got his red before.

I've had baby Dalglish and IF Depay up top until the FB Benz came out who pushed Depay to RM. My LM and RM tend to change fairly often. Right now my LM is Danjuma for chem purposes but I've enjoyed Chong and NIF Dembele for the longest time.

Back line has been the same for months until the Pique today with IF Theo - Chielini (previously De Ligt) - NIF Ramos - IF Navas and Donnamura. With Pique replacing Ramos the keeper is now IF Sznecy.

Hope that helps mate. I tinkered with formations in early access and fell in love with this set up on the 4132 to great success so far.

@freddfranca There you go, it was @Kloral who was nice enough to share his tactics.

Thanks, I will try it later 👍🏽👍🏽
  • freddfranca
    After I got my untreatable WW Modric, I am thinking about try a P&P Real Madrid. I already have R Carlos too.
    The problem is that I missed all Real SBCs until now, and I guess I will never be able to afford players like Zidane and R9.
    Bad idea or go for it?
  • Wrighty1993
    What I really can't understand about fifa. Is that Battlefield, also made by EA. Can facilitate large scales games with THOUSANDS of moving parts, with Hundreds of simultaneous players with little to no lag, delay. Yet fifa, can't give just 2 players a good connection 🤔
  • Mattallicawolf
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any decent two striker formations and tactics you are finding joy with?

Packed Baby Eto'o but his passing is pretty awful and need a target man for headers and hold up.... Any ideas?

Happy with 3atb if needed
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    What I really can't understand about fifa. Is that Battlefield, also made by EA. Can facilitate large scales games with THOUSANDS of moving parts, with Hundreds of simultaneous players with little to no lag, delay. Yet fifa, can't give just 2 players a good connection 🤔

Mate have you played the latest Battlefield? 😂😂

It's honestly worse than fifa and I say that with Battlefield being my all time favourite game franchise lol, I've not touched it in 3 weeks lol, me and all my mates still on warzone.

Fifa is a mess as well though agreed lol
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero

Packed Baby Eto'o but his passing is pretty awful and need a target man for headers and hold up.... Any ideas?

Try the tactics I posted a couple pages back for the 3-5-2, been having a lot of fun with it and switched for the same reasons as you.

• Wrighty1993

Mate have you played the latest Battlefield? 😂😂

It's honestly worse than fifa and I say that with Battlefield being my all time favourite game franchise lol, I've not touched it in 3 weeks lol, me and all my mates still on warzone.

Fifa is a mess as well though agreed lol

Even that though...Warzone, HUNDREDS of players in one game. And fifa can't establish a stable connection between 2 solitary people
  • Mattallicawolf

Try the tactics I posted a couple pages back for the 3-5-2, been having a lot of fun with it and switched for the same reasons as you.

Loving this formation so far, by selecting hug sideline my RWB and LWB really have the freedom of the park. Played 4 won 3 in qualification for WL

Just need to get the perfect serie a target man... That Ibra leak looks amazing

Tried Pandev and he's ok, might go back to good old Simeone
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero

Loving this formation so far, by selecting hug sideline my RWB and LWB really have the freedom of the park. Played 4 won 3 in qualification for WL

Just need to get the perfect serie a target man... That Ibra leak looks amazing

Tried Pandev and he's ok, might go back to good old Simeone

Glad you're enjoying it, working well for me so far.

Got RB Davies aged ago and haven't really enjoyed his card until now and he's insane there, assisting so many goals and got a great shot.

I'm using WWFlorenzi until I can afford WW Spina as 7 chem RWB.

Buy that SMS (Milinkovic-Savic) card and play him up front mate, poor man's Ibra for 110k.

He's the next purchase for me after Spinnazola
  • Mattallicawolf
    Ohhh I have SMS so will try it

This would be my team on 10 chem

Screenshot-20211224-185049-com-futbin.jpg
  • Anyone using RTTK Lodi?

Thinking about picking him up to replace TOTW Acuna.

He’s starting to get burned for pace now sadly.