OLDEST CLUB IN HISTORY REBUILD - NOTTS COUNTY FC - Important announcement -

Comments

• Steffolovitch
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great with a derby win! Have you considered mentioning which games are at home and which are on the road? You mention a poor away record, but I can't see which games are away from home. Just a thought :smile:

Seems you are improving slightly with a three goal win every now and then. And the Crawley Town draw was unfortunate with such a late equalizer. I think you're getting there. Improve your defence a bit and get a bit more consistent, then it's clearing up, I guess.
  • CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Great with a derby win! Have you considered mentioning which games are at home and which are on the road? You mention a poor away record, but I can't see which games are away from home. Just a thought :smile:

Seems you are improving slightly with a three goal win every now and then. And the Crawley Town draw was unfortunate with such a late equalizer. I think you're getting there. Improve your defence a bit and get a bit more consistent, then it's clearing up, I guess.

I have considered this. I will edit previous posts actually, I forgot to pick it up in earlier games and decided it wasn't necessary but yeah in this case I'll kinda need it.
    It's now done.
  • CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    EFL League Two Matchday 18: (H)
    Gw18vs-Leyton.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 19: (H)
    Gw19vs-Bradford.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 20: (A)
    Gw20vs-Stevenage.png
    FA Cup Round 1:
    FAcup-R1vs-Oldham.png
  • CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    EFL League Two Matchday 21: (A)
    Gw21vs-Hartlepool.png
    Papa John's Cup Round of 32:
    EFLTR32.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 22: (H)
    Nottsvs-Bristolpreview.png
    Gw22vs-Bristol-R.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 23: (A) (Last game before transfer window)
    Gw23vs-Oldham-At.png
    Comments:
    Finally a decent run of games. We might be on a run with Papa John's. It's okay to lose to Hartlepool because they're leading the table. but it's also kind of a pity to not win against Bristol. The Oldham game is a win out of nowhere. We got totally dominated but we showed great spirit, made a comeback out of thin air, and defended well until the final whistle was blown.

PS: I'm busy again until next Friday (expect this quite often). Then, I'll be doing a mid-season review and stuff like that.
    Post edited by CHYP2074 on
  • Steffolovitch
    4 points from the last two games, perhaps an olive branch in your fight for survival. I'm looking forward to the mid-season review and perhaps a closer look on the league table.
  • CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    EFL League Two Matchday 24: (H) (Had to include this before mid-season)
    Gw24vs-Northampton.png
  • CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    League Table:
    Leaguetablemid-season.png
    This table has everything: Excitement, suspense... only thing it lacks is sense :D
    We're in last but it's so close that odds of getting to a play-off spot aren't even that low.
    Only two teams get relegated so I seriously believe we can survive this season, especially with the 4 games undefeated streak. Mansfield was struggling in the beginning but they somehow climbed up the ranks to a play-offs spot after having an almost perfect month in December beating Forest, Carlisle, Salford, and drawing to leaders Hartlepool.
    Crucial players:
    Curtis Bound: He's the main CB, and is the leader of this team. Scoring in important moments like the Oldham game and is just a very solid player overall.
    Ed Farmer: He's doing such a good job at the "Casemiro role" in that 4-3-3. Whenever a pass is played through the middle, he's there to cut it and give us possession back. In addition, he's 198 cm so he literally wins every header. It's a pity we're not very clinical from corners because with that height he could be a real plus in offense too.
    Connor Andrew: He was shadowing at the beginning of the season, but is now pretty much on fire. Tight for 4th goalscorer of the league with 10 goals.
    Stats:
    Most apperances:
    1. Bound 29
    2. Andrew 29
    3. Morris 29
    Most goals:
    1. Andrew 13
    2. Howard 7
    3. Taylor 7
    Most assists:
    1. Howard 10
    2. Webb 8
    3. Andrew 6

A few more points:
    • About the CMs: They've been playing a crucial role in the offence especially considering the fact that Howard's got 17 goal contributions and Webb's got 14.
    • About the signings: Morris has been okay, he's the only quick player in the squad, so the best bet to get a successful counter-attack is to give him the ball however he's not been the most prolific. I'm not saying he's a flop because he's still very young (19), but ngl when I chose him to be my marquee signing I thought he'd be in Andrew's spot. As for Teale, he wasn't signed as a main player, but for that depth in the CB position. He's played in 3 games and so far has been alright.
    • About the Lebanese player: Bahamdan has been honestly terrible. Gave him a chance in 8 games he's got one assist. The guy can't attack, misses 1v1s vs the keeper, can't get past defenders. I really hope I'll be able to do more with him
    • About the full-backs: Both of my full-backs are about 165 cm which is quite short, and they don't have the speed or agility to compensate. Moreover, I've been conceding most of my goals from the wing. Therefore, I decided to rotate my full-backs quite often, and avoid playing both my starting full-backs at once. I wanted to sign a full-back for Januray but I don't know if that's necessary anymore. We'll see moving forward.
    • I've got two good keepers, one that's characterized by youth, and one that's characterized by experience. I'm rotating between the two.
  • CHYP2074
    Youth academy promotions:
    Promotions:
    Lloyd Gittins 17 61 CM WAL
    Joshua McFaden 16 54 LB IRL
    I think they can both be solid additions. We kinda lacked a good backup CM. I've been sometimes using Goddard, he's okay but you'd definitely prefer more depth there.
    McFaden is also an important one because of the need of full-backs. By signing him we also get the youth objective done.
  • CHYP2074
    Who does everyone think I should sign?
  • CHYP2074
    EFL League Two Matchday 25: (A)
    Gw25vs-Carlisle.png
    Comments: Both players got their debut-day goal. Jones hasn’t played this year because he was benched by Morris. Gittins’ should be in confidence after that game. In the beginning, we were pretty much defending and trying the odd counter-attack there or there but with not much going on. The Gittins goal came off a rebound which should have never happened. Carlisle was all out and it ended up being a 3 vs 1 in the final third. We defended well for the whole game and held. In the 85th minute, Carlisle once again went all out and conceded from a counter. That’s a really good win against a team that’s in a play-off spot, and it could be an important one for the relegation battle
  • CHYP2074
    Papa John's Trophy Round of 16:
    EFLTR16vs-Lincoln.png
    Lost 4-3 on pens
    That was a crazy game. Pity not to have won, I thought we’d be on a run in the cup. A plus though is that Jones is really in form since I’ve been giving him playing time.
  • Ashy
    23264 posts Club Captain
    Indeed what a weird and close table you have there, rock bottom but could easily go on a run and finish in a decent position but judging by your form unlikely haha, unlucky in the cup there shame to go out especially on pens
  • CHYP2074
    4 points from the last two games, perhaps an olive branch in your fight for survival. I'm looking forward to the mid-season review and perhaps a closer look on the league table.

Yeah honestly any point is important at this point.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Indeed what a weird and close table you have there, rock bottom but could easily go on a run and finish in a decent position but judging by your form unlikely haha, unlucky in the cup there shame to go out especially on pens

It was quite disappointing to lose in the cup yeah. Though the most recent form has been okay so actually maybe we can be in a safe position sooner or later.
  • CHYP2074
    CHYP2074 wrote: »

Actually, I won't sign anyone this window. Not enough funds.
    I'll be looking to loan out a few players though.
  • CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    Gw26vs-Tranmere.png
    Comments: Pretty controlled game, we could have won by more to be honest.
  • Steffolovitch

Actually, I won't sign anyone this window. Not enough funds.
    I'll be looking to loan out a few players though.

Sorry, I must have missed your question before. Later I could look into a few options for a future transfer window, but it's always difficult to predict what would work for others.

Great to see a few wins for your side, and it's great to get a look-in at a league table. I assume you've climbed a bit already, things must be clearing up for Notts County.
  • CHYP2074
    Yeah, it's fine. I only had 57k anyway.
    Hopefully these wins can help us survive yeah, at the time of posting I was 19th I think, which is a huge jump, but last place only has 3 points less.
  • CHYP2074
    Unfortunately, I have lost a bit of saved data so I have to update like a normal text for the next three games:
    Our unbeaten streak in the league had to end mid-January in a key game for survival, between Notts and Exeter, playing away from home. The game saw Exeter take the lead and get a more comfortable one in the first half, Notts played well and earned a well-deserved goal to cut the deficit. Lack of clinicality and realism ended up in Exeter scoring again and taking the game to bed 3-1.

We then played another team who's in the bottom part of the table: Newport, but this time at Meadow Lane. The Newport game was a back and forth game that ended in a 1-1 draw.

Port Vale was next, we thought our struggles would continue against a team that's playing for a play-off spot. But the actual outcome was a brilliant 3-1 win to get the form right-back.

It was a pretty quiet transfer window for Notts. The only deal that went through was a loan deal for Harry Anderson who's hoping to get more playing time in China.

• CHYP2074
    edited November 2021
    EFL League Two Matchday 30: (H)
    Gw30vs-Oldham.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 31: (A)
    Gw31vs-Walsall.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 32: (A)
    Gw32vs-Swindon.png
    EFL League Two Matchday 33: (H)
    Gw33vs-Rochdale.png
    Comments: It was a bad month to be fair. Lots of frustrating games we could have won or saved. Hopefully, we can go back to getting wins soon.

• CHYP2074
    Boys my PS5 DVD reader broke. I cannot play FIFA 22 anymore., I don't know how long it will take to fix it but I will probably have to take a break from this.
    It's actually quite annoying because I was going to do a countdown (sort of like @Stlducks ) for the last 10 games, and we were getting there (Gw33<37).
  • Steffolovitch
    Boys my PS5 DVD reader broke. I cannot play FIFA 22 anymore., I don't know how long it will take to fix it but I will probably have to take a break from this.
    It's actually quite annoying because I was going to do a countdown (sort of like @Stlducks ) for the last 10 games, and we were getting there (Gw33<37).

Whoa that's terrible! Feel for you mate. Hopefully you'll get in fixed quickly, and I expect the warranty to cover the expenses.
  • CHYP2074

Whoa that's terrible! Feel for you mate. Hopefully you'll get in fixed quickly, and I expect the warranty to cover the expenses.

Yeah they gave me another one, fortunately. Not sure the data has been transported though.
    Plus I won't use it before I get a UPS (the reason for the problem is how much the electricity goes out while it's turned on, we have electrical problems here in the country)
  • Ashy
    23264 posts Club Captain
    What a shame, PS5 too, hopefully if you don't carry on this one you do another save in the future
  • CHYP2074
    Thanks for the support everyone. Yeah if the data isn't moved I'll make a new save.
  • CHYP2074
    Okay so I fixed the issue with the PS5 but the data wasn't copied. I'll try to appeal/ask the company if they can do that. Otherwise I still have one update in the queue,
  • CHYP2074
    Figured I wasn't able to transfer the data because they already sent it a place that knows how to fix consoles.
    I started a new save and will start chising it today.
  • CHYP2074
    edited December 2021
    Gonna be a Brentford save