Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    We will beat Wolves because I'm off to that game and I have a good track record apart from a Man City game
  • Ahmer50x
    31409 posts National Team Captain
    Can someone explain to me why Nketiah comes on ahead of Pepe for you?

Literally boggles my mind
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why Nketiah comes on ahead of Pepe for you?

Literally boggles my mind

Nope.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Arteta frozen Pepe out and will plummet any value left on him
  • Ahmer50x
    Ashy wrote: »
    Arteta frozen Pepe out and will plummet any value left on him

Hmmm...basically a Van De Beek situation except he didn't sign him and he cost double. Got it.
  • Ahmer50x

Imagine using that Nketiah performance as an example of a good thing :joy:
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    This is an Nketiah that is leaving the club on a free in a few months over a our record signing that is a natural winger
  • arsenalap
    I'll be honest, I actually think Nketiah played well when he came on, but the miss was unforgivable.
  • Ahmer50x
    This is an Nketiah that is leaving the club on a free in a few months over a our record signing that is a natural winger

It's not even like there's only one guy being passed over for Nketiah.

If you want to go off of "we need someone to develop long term", Balogun makes more sense.

If you want to go off of "we need an experienced scorer", Auba makes more sense.

If you want to go off of "we need to maximize our investments", Pepe makes more sense.

There's just no case for Nketiah to be your primary alternative attacker. He's become this weird obsession for Arteta.
  • LAboog4
    1078 posts Professional
    19 minutes, 3 key passes, .36 xG, .13 xA. Really bad miss but not a bad performance at all. Lacazette played 85 minutes, had .10 xG and 0 key passes. That is where the complaints should be imo.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Auba is the one that completely missed the target at the end. Let’s focus on him losing the game. 😁
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    edited December 2021
    Nketiah was alright besides the miss but it still makes no sense to bring him on at left wing over Pepe. Over Laca at striker would make sense.

Agreed Aubameyang was worse though, wasn't even close to the target. I genuinely would rather any of our other players in front of goal or on pens. I've never felt less confident in a striker scoring a 1 on 1
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    Auba is done imo
    Eddie is leaving for free and he will miss sitters too
    Laca can barely last 70 mins and is leaving end of the season for free, not to mention he just doesn't score
    Balogun isn't ready to start for us and is getting loaned in January

Martinelli is the option we have to rely on

Honestly we should be buying a striker in January if possible, even if they end back up next season
  • Cyodine
    4432 posts National Call-Up
    Cyodine wrote: »
    I guess you all can rule out top four this season, at least you can look forward to your next win on Dec. 26th if you can beat Norwich.

Focus on your team and their tittle challenge. If you’re still a chance being one point behind I’m sure we’re still a chance for fourth being a game and a half behind.

Should have beat United. Not fussed with Everton they suffocated us deserved the loss. Anything can happen with 23 games left. Stupid comment to rule it out.

As for team just let the future get on with it now. Would love to see
    Martinelli
    ESR Odegaard Saka

All press all can score goals. Focus on that and move on from the old

One point is not an issue for a competent team and manager. Arsenal on the other hand have neither of those attributes, so it's unlikely you will beat out Spurs, United or West Ham for that 4th place spot.
  • Cyodine
    We will beat Wolves because I'm off to that game and I have a good track record apart from a Man City game

You don't have Origi, so it's unlikely.
  • Ahmer50x

"Nicolas Pepe is frustrated with his current situation at Arsenal and will assess his options in January if his game time doesn't improve, football.london understands."
  • arsenalap
    Imagine if we sell him and go for Zaha..
  • Cyodine
    Pepe would clearly work well in our system. He was amazing at Lille and I thought he would be someone we would pursue but they wanted too much for him. Not sure what the issue is with him at Arsenal, he's shown glimpses of his former self but never for a sustained period.
  • arsenalap
    Seems a mental thing tbh
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Probably rubbish because of the source but it would be a good idea

• Cyodine
    Probably rubbish because of the source but it would be a good idea

I wouldn't mind if we took him back as a quality depth option, especially with us losing Keita and Thiago being prone to injury. I honestly can't see him going to any other PL club, so I agree that it is rubbish.
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Don't really want him, Wijnaldum is basically Ramsey. Not interested in defending anymore and just wants to score goals. We'd be playing with 1 midfielder
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    G000ner wrote: »
    Don't really want him, Wijnaldum is basically Ramsey. Not interested in defending anymore and just wants to score goals. We'd be playing with 1 midfielder

That is absolute rubbish. Wijnaldum will do whatever the manager asks him to do. He was remarkably consistent at his role in the Liverpool team, as boring as it must have been for him. He’d be a signing that guarantees a 7/10 performance week in, week out and is never injured.
  • arsenalap
    Considering Partey and Elneny are going it makes good sense. But can he play in a pivot well?
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »

That is absolute rubbish. Wijnaldum will do whatever the manager asks him to do. He was remarkably consistent at his role in the Liverpool team, as boring as it must have been for him. He’d be a signing that guarantees a 7/10 performance week in, week out and is never injured.

It's different when you're a part of a well drilled Liverpool team under Klopp. I remember a few years ago I said Liverpool should go for Ramsey because Klopp would get him to defend again.

At Newcastle Wijnaldum was a goalscoring midfielder, same for Netherlands and PSG. That's what he'd want to be if he came here.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    VVD4 wrote: »

It's different when you're a part of a well drilled Liverpool team under Klopp. I remember a few years ago I said Liverpool should go for Ramsey because Klopp would get him to defend again.

At Newcastle Wijnaldum was a goalscoring midfielder, same for Netherlands and PSG. That's what he'd want to be if he came here.

I know that Klopp commands a lot of respect but I personally think Wijnaldum is the type of person who would do whatever his manager asks for, and if Arteta wanted him to play a more conservative role, he’d do it, and do it well.
  • arsenalap
    Ramsdale
    Tomiyasu - White - Gabriel - Tierney
    Partey - Xhaka
    Martinelli - Odegaard - ESR
    Pepe

❤️❤️❤️❤️ it give it a go Mikel.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    Pepe won't even come off the bench nevermind start the game buddy

I'm sure he will get his chance Vs Sunderland in the cup though
  • arsenalap
    Pepe won't even come off the bench nevermind start the game buddy

I'm sure he will get his chance Vs Sunderland in the cup though

I know, but can hope
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Not feeling very optimistic for the Soton game, last few weeks have drained all the positivity I had before. Then again we tend to show up when people lease expect us too so maybe we'll put in a decent performance.

Just get the young lads out there in attack and hope they have a good game. The defence should be solid enough behind them and Partey surely cannot be worse than he's been in the last 2 games.