Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    31409 posts National Team Captain
    Nem wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    First goal was offside but that should've stood

If it's offside it's offside?

I was told the thicker lines would mean marginal calls would go the attackers way this season.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2021

I was told the thicker lines would mean marginal calls would go the attackers way this season.

I don’t know how on earth they found a gap on that one, considering both their feet were touching the edge of the white penalty box line.
  • Ahmer50x
    VVD4 wrote: »

I don’t know how on earth they found a gap on that one, considering both their feet were touching the edge of the white penalty box line.

I'm not even sure these lines are the same thickness :joy:
  • VVD4

I'm not even sure these lines are the same thickness :joy:

The red line literally makes no sense lol. Everton been done over here.
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    Agree that was too tight, should have been goal.

Equally Godfrey should have been off, so evens out a bit.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Agree that was too tight, should have been goal.

Equally Godfrey should have been off, so evens out a bit.

Absolutely
  • VVD4
    Deserved.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Deserved.

Agreed
  • Shshj
    10252 posts Has That Special Something
    Arsenal have been horrendous tonight
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    How do we miss these sitters every week
  • Shshj
    Oh my god that’s a screamer
  • VVD4
    Imagine not beating this Everton side, let alone lose to them. They were W0 D2 L6 before this game :D

Embarrassing.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    Imagine not beating this Everton side, let alone lose to them. They were W0 D2 L6 before this game :D

Embarrassing.

Imagine thinking a team continues to be crap forever and not have a game where they turn it around

And yes we have been bad and deserve to lose or at best draw
  • Ahmer50x
    If Arteta hadn't won the FA Cup, how many times would he have been sacked by now?
  • VVD4
    Ashy wrote: »

Embarrassing.

Imagine thinking a team continues to be crap forever and not have a game where they turn it around

I think it’s far more likely that you’re just a terrible, terrible football team with an incompetent manager.
  • Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

Embarrassing.

There’s my excuse for if we fail to beat Norwich then
  • AaronMFC
    2389 posts Fans' Favourite
    G000ner wrote: »
    Standard of refereeing in this league is so so poor. I can't believe referees like Mike Dean and Stuart Atwell haven't been demoted to the Championship or League 1

No thanks, we don't want him 😏

Yeah we had langford a few weeks ago when he got demoted. He missed a blatant elbow for Millwalls equaliser and presumably is back in the prem now.
  • Shshj
    I don’t think Arteta is the man for Arsenal, calling for the sack (again) is a bit premature though. If they continue to fall away from the top six then yeah, he should probably go.
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    edited December 2021
    Arteta was an awful appointment from the get go despite the fa cup success. You don't put a man with his lack of experience in charge of Arsenal.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    Ten Hag if he doesn't get top 6 or 7th with FA cup win

It's fair to say the big four plus Conte FC will finish above us so 1 spot left and West Ham look up to the task
  • Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    Arteta was an awful appointment from the get go despite the fa cup success. You don't put a man with his lack of experience in charge of Arsenal.

*Quietly walks away…*
  • arsenalap
    All these Arteta outs are quiet when we're winning, but 1 or 2 loses and they pipe up again.

I want to see more, but equally I see some parts which have improved.

What hasn't, is the control from midfield and our finishing. To which, I thin we know we need to improve on player wise.
  • Shshj
    Still wouldn’t discount Arsenal for 5th or 6th personally. The lack of European football is a huge benefit as the season wears on.
  • Ahmer50x
    All these Arteta outs are quiet when we're winning, but 1 or 2 loses and they pipe up again.

What hasn't, is the control from midfield and our finishing. To which, I thin we know we need to improve on player wise.

Premier League xG since Mikel Arteta Was Appointed:

1. Man City 163.29
    2. Liverpool 152.78
    3. Chelsea 137.51
    4. Man Utd 120.3
    5. West Ham 113.39
    6. Leicester 109.66
    7. Spurs 100.27
    8. Arsenal 99.95
    9. Everton 98.3
    10. Brighton 94.91

If you want to look at this season alone, you're 7th for xG.

I understand the point that your strikers are not finishing some chances but you aren't exactly a creative powerhouse struggling because you have Timo Werner up front.
  • LAboog4
    1078 posts Professional
    edited December 2021
    Shshj wrote: »
    Still wouldn’t discount Arsenal for 5th or 6th personally. The lack of European football is a huge benefit as the season wears on.

Based on how the season is going would 6th get Arteta sacked? Club spent the most this summer, direct top four rivals started so bad they changed managers and no European football.

It almost seems like 6th would be a bad year when so much has gone Arsenals way.
  • arsenalap

Premier League xG since Mikel Arteta Was Appointed:

1. Man City 163.29
    2. Liverpool 152.78
    3. Chelsea 137.51
    4. Man Utd 120.3
    5. West Ham 113.39
    6. Leicester 109.66
    7. Spurs 100.27
    8. Arsenal 99.95
    9. Everton 98.3
    10. Brighton 94.91

If you want to look at this season alone, you're 7th for xG.

I understand the point that your strikers are not finishing some chances but you aren't exactly a creative powerhouse struggling because you have Timo Werner up front.

I have no issues admitting we struggle to score goals. We do, for sure, but having a midfield who control a game helps massively too.
  • LAboog4
    1078 posts Professional

Agreed. No need to call for the sack. 3 points out of the last 12 is bad but before that things were going well. Best thing is wait until the summer and evaluate then.
  • VVD4
    I’d be screaming for him to go at this stage.

Guess you’ve gotten used to mid-table mediocrity.
  • LAboog4
    1078 posts Professional
    I’d be screaming for him to go at this stage.

Guess you’ve gotten used to mid-table mediocrity.

Who do you bring in though?

I also think people have lost patience. Arsenal have signed some good young players with potential. I can see why fans are willing to give him more time. It’s not like if you don’t get fourth this year you never will.

I can see both sides honestly.