Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

• Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    It also goes to show how important mentality is. When doubt starts to creep in, that’s when things start going wrong and it’s not very easy to pull it back. The sudden influx of individual errors amongst Chelsea players attests to this. Someone said earlier that the defensive aura has gone now, and that is so true. It can happen so fast.

Similarly, if we hadn’t scored that last minute winner against Wolves today, heads almost certainly would have dropped as we yet again miss the chance to pounce on a rival dropping points. That goal was absolutely humongous for us. In hindsight, I would have taken that 1-0 last minute victory over another comfortable 4-0 thrashing, just for the sheer mentality boost amongst the squad.

Just goes to show that we are a constant threat from start to finish. A team with such a strong mentality should never be written off. Especially a team that has managed to push a stacked City team to the very edge in recent seasons.

The win today also highlights that we have the players to make things happen. Wolves lined up well to nullify our attack and it worked well for them. Once Klopp identified what needed to be done, we had the players ready to make it happen. Origi comes on and we change shape and his hold up play starts to give them trouble and eventually leads to a goal. World Class tactics from Klopp and the staff!

I don't know who Wolves' LB was, but he was insane. Easily the best performance against Salah this season. It wasn't until he went off that Salah finally found some joy down the right and skipped past Hoever to assist Origi.

Rayan Aït-Nouri. I know @Pughy30 rated him even before he signed for Wolves.

He was fantastic.

Guess I’ll see for myself in fifteen minutes.
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    Yep no need to panic, as others already said, City and Liverpool have had these results too this season, quite literally in Liverpools case for today, thats two games in a row we've looked shocking, need to turn it around and respond quickly, can't carry this form for long with the bulked together fixtures.

Totally fixable though, and I back Tuchel to fix the issues.
  • Shshj
    10252 posts Has That Special Something
    Heads were always going to roll at Everton, their transfer business over the last several years has been beyond comical.
  • Pietu
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    Norwich really were robbed for Sargent, he is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Dandingooo
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Conte making Davies look a good player. Can’t see past them for 4th if he’s backed in January
  • Pietu
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    Villa got robbed there, that was a goal.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Conte making Davies look a good player. Can’t see past them for 4th if he’s backed in January

Conte has improved him but he’s always been better at bc LCB then LB. Just took a manager to switch to a back three and stick with it. I remember under Jose the team was built for a 343 and he refused to do it. Nuno was the same.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    I agree if Conte is backed in January I fancy them for 4th

Man Utd probably 5th then us or West Ham 6th.

What I will say is if Arteta doesn't get top 6 after he was backed well in the summer and has a bit of stability unlike Spurs and Man Utd have had recently and no Europe to contend with he should be sacked

Would like Poch to go to Man Utd and us to get Ten Hag if that's the case
  • Ahmer50x
    31409 posts National Team Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

What I will say is if Arteta doesn't get top 6 after he was backed well in the summer and has a bit of stability unlike Spurs and Man Utd have had recently and no Europe to contend with he should be sacked

I think most of you lot were saying top 7 in the summer but given how the season has gone at United and Spurs, top 6 has to be the floor for sure.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

I think most of you lot were saying top 7 in the summer but given how the season has gone at United and Spurs, top 6 has to be the floor for sure.

I think I said he needs to get top 6, he will get away with a 7th place finish IF we have looked pretty good consistently all season and you can definitely see we are heading in the right direction under him to give him another year.

Always expected the big 4 to finish in the top 4 but that 4th spot is there for the taking for whoever can stay consistent. Conte at Spurs throws a spanner in the works and I'm sure he will get a couple of players in January, then West Ham have looked just as good if not better than last season which I didn't see happening.

The fact we don't have Europe and the money spent he needs to get top 6 simple as that, or 7th place and FA cup win
  • Ahmer50x
    Turns out the winner of the Ole/Lampard/Arteta debate is Gerrard :joy:
  • Cyodine
    4432 posts National Call-Up
    Nice to see Stevie G bag another win with Villa.
  • Farlz
    9628 posts League Winner
    Brilliant win, needed that with Liverpool up next. Should've been far more comfortable as well, Leicester reek.

Stevie Ball is cookin
  • Shshj
    10252 posts Has That Special Something
    This is a solid contender for the worst opening 30 minutes in PL history.
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    Erm.. no red?
  • Ahmer50x
    Shshj wrote: »
    This is a solid contender for the worst opening 30 minutes in PL history.

Glad I skipped the opening period :joy:
  • arsenalap
    Sorry but what? Why isn't that a red? And why didn't the ref look at it?
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    How is Godfrey still on the pitch
  • arsenalap
    Seriously.. what..
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Now he gets away with a cynical foul without a yellow
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Mike Dean is a joke
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Sorry but what? Why isn't that a red? And why didn't the ref look at it?

Mike Dean be Mike Dean
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Standard of refereeing in this league is so so poor. I can't believe referees like Mike Dean and Stuart Atwell haven't been demoted to the Championship or League 1
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Standard of refereeing in this league is so so poor. I can't believe referees like Mike Dean and Stuart Atwell haven't been demoted to the Championship or League 1

No thanks, we don't want him 😏
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    :D:D:D

Deserved for playing like dirty ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought the new rules were meant to prevent offsides like this? That was a joke.
  • Ahmer50x
    First goal was offside but that should've stood
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    First goal was offside but that should've stood

If it's offside it's offside?