Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Thought we did alright overall pretty close match we had moments they had moments another day it's a draw, should have done better in second half.

Lost to Liverpool, City and Man Utd away from home
    Lost to Chelsea at home
    Drew with Palace and Brighton

Not end of the world stuff, top 4 fight is still on, see how December goes. With the Everton injuries and how they are currently playing we should be beating them at home.

Still too early in the season for any panic and top four is there for the taking but are you worried how your defense has looked against good attacking teams?
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Thought we did alright overall pretty close match we had moments they had moments another day it's a draw, should have done better in second half.

Lost to Chelsea at home

Not end of the world stuff, top 4 fight is still on, see how December goes. With the Everton injuries and how they are currently playing we should be beating them at home.

Still too early in the season for any panic and top four is there for the taking but are you worried how your defense has looked against good attacking teams?

Not sure if it's our defence per say, or the protection infront of them. I think a big issue with our team is the midfield pivot. Too inconsistent and too much of a lack of energy.

We really need to sign a top CM/DM to raise our midfield level.
  • ViVaWho
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    cheated against watford

cheated tonight, justice

i get it though, if you dont cheat you might be in relegation battle still
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »

Lost to Chelsea at home

Not sure if it's our defence per say, or the protection infront of them. I think a big issue with our team is the midfield pivot. Too inconsistent and too much of a lack of energy.

We really need to sign a top CM/DM to raise our midfield level.

Honestly who doesn't atm, feels like only Liverpool who actually have a class CDM.

We get away with it more due to the system but still lack it too, United/Spurs/Arsenal all suck at CDM, with City being iffy.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited December 2021
    Yeah agree with above, also Partey hasn't lives up to it imo, not a big fan. Sort the mid pivot out and a striker and the team should function much better and compete with the bigger teams like the top 3
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Difference in quality in the final third was the major difference. Auba horrendous and Saka wasted some good moments when he came on, really needs to improve in front of goal.

We are always gonna make it difficult for ourselves if we continue to start Auba because it's basically 10v11. Agreed with Martinelli continuing up front, I thought he was our best attacker today
  • arsenalap
    Also i'd be playing Tierney now.

Tavares didn't have anywhere the same energy today.
    Ramsdale
    Tomiyasu - White - Gabriel - Tierney
    Partey - Lokonga
    Saka - ESR - Martinelli
    Laca
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Also Partey gave the ball away far too much today and Elneny wasn't much better.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Arteta ran Tavares into the ground so yeah it's time Tierney comes back, especially since we play in 4 days
  • yosef167
    3485 posts National Call-Up
    G000ner wrote: »
    Difference in quality in the final third was the major difference. Auba horrendous and Saka wasted some good moments when he came on, really needs to improve in front of goal.

We are always gonna make it difficult for ourselves if we continue to start Auba because it's basically 10v11. Agreed with Martinelli continuing up front, I thought he was our best attacker today

Martinelli need to get the credit and go on.. he has a great football in his legs
  • arsenalap
    Yeah agree with above, also Partey hasn't lives up to it imo, not a big fan. Sort the mid pivot out and a striker and the team should function much better and compete with the bigger teams like the top 3

Yh I do like Partey but, just too sloppy.

But, he does try to open up space and create which is good. I think he needs a partner next to him though who can sit and defend with energy and a bit of pace though, which could be more AMN atm.

I don't like Elneny at all. Played ok today though but still no creativity at all.
  • Kman
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    The pieces are there you just need to move on the older players like Auba and Laca. Take what you can get Pepe and bring in a winger or striker and have Martinelli fill the other position he is quality. With those young players you guys should be implementing a high pressing game like Liverpool do and we are very slowly trying to do.
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    edited December 2021
    I remember not rating Partey that highly, just never looks that good, he's just alright, looks worryingly similar to McT at best to me.
  • Kman
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2021
    Right now you could go

Saka Odegaard ESR
    Martinelli

And that would be your strongest attack. Let those young players gel and develop together and watch the magic happen
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I remember not rating Partey that highly, just never looks that good, he's just alright, looks worryingly similar to McT at best to me.

He's had some games where he's looked really good, far more quality on the ball than Mctominay.however, he's so inconsistent even within games. Its like he switches off.
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Main positive from today is I think Martinelli was good enough and Auba was bad enough to convince Arteta to actually drop Auba for him.
  • arsenalap
    Not sure who would get the last spot in attack out of Auba/Laca/Pepe/Odegaard.

Mad that Saka/ESR/Martinelli have now flipped them all to be automatic starters.
  • arsenalap
    I also really like White and Tomi
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    I'd rotate between Laca and Odegaard depending on the game and situation. Should probably be mainly playing Odegaard though with an eye to the future. I thought he had some nice moments today, but shame he essentially threw away the game.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    So far it looks like the Emerson/Tomi deals worked out for everyone. Emerson fits great under Conte, Tomi looks to have settled in with Arsenal.

I was worried Spurs took the wrong choice and it would be a laughing meme for years Tbt
  • arsenalap
    Odegaard just seems a bit too slow and weak. Being both is tricky.
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner

He's had some games where he's looked really good, far more quality on the ball than Mctominay.however, he's so inconsistent even within games. Its like he switches off.

Yeah he probably has a higher ceiling, but at the same time he lacks the consistent 6-7 out of 10 you'll usually get from McT
  • Ahmer50x
    31409 posts National Team Captain

Yeah he probably has a higher ceiling, but at the same time he lacks the consistent 6-7 out of 10 you'll usually get from McT

Yup, average level feels similar but Partey's highs are much higher than Scott can dream of.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    How do you see the rest of the December fixtures going?

Everton (A)
    Southampton (H)
    West Ham (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Norwich (A)
    Wolves (H)

Honestly all of them are winnable but we will obviously drop points in places I'd like to get at least 13/18 points
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    How do you see the rest of the December fixtures going?

Everton (A)
    Southampton (H)
    West Ham (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Norwich (A)
    Wolves (H)

Honestly all of them are winnable but we will obviously drop points in places I'd like to get at least 13/18 points

Draw against Southampton and win the rest is my guess. Everton look awful, West Ham is at home so I give you the advantage, the rest you should win unless the defense makes errors.
  • Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    Think they can win all of those tbh
  • Cyodine
    4432 posts National Call-Up
    So when is Arteta getting sacked? If he can't even beat a Carrick team, then there isn't much hope for Arsenal.
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    Cyodine wrote: »
    So when is Arteta getting sacked? If he can't even beat a Carrick team, then there isn't much hope for Arsenal.

Does the same apply to Tuchel, whose side sit above you in the table? 😏
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner

Said this ages back. Too lightweight for the premier league.
  • arsenalap
    Nem wrote: »

Said this ages back. Too lightweight for the premier league.

Yh but last season he wasn't like this. He was able to navigate most games.

This season he's completely different. He actually played alright yesterday tbf bar the mistake.

Maybe he'll find his feet, and we have other options anyway. But, he and Martinelli will be fighting for that last midfield spot because we'll sign a new striker for sure.