The weekend league qualifying thread.

Comments

• Dead_Dave
    1748 posts Play-Off Hero
    Been smashing div 2 and into div 1, i have the points to try again although im a bit burnt out atm and my old hands are aching a bit, whats qualifying like on a Friday ? never tried on that day before, i think i have failed on every other day of the week though...
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Out of interest the people saying it’s easy and relaxed - what did you used to reach in 21?
  • ManUnitedBarnes
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JakeH wrote: »
    Out of interest the people saying it’s easy and relaxed - what did you used to reach in 21?

I didnt play 21 or 20. But back in 18/19 I reached Gold 1 I believe usually - only got elite once.
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro

I didnt play 21 or 20. But back in 18/19 I reached Gold 1 I believe usually - only got elite once.

See that’s night and day ahead of my skill level. Hence why I don’t find this mode very good!

• Bolly80
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bolly80 wrote: »
    Only manged to qualify once I'm currently 2-2 both loses in 90+ minutes.i know I will finish 4-5 as usual🥲

If you can't even imagine the qualification if most likely won't happen. Sounds like a mentality barrier. Do you tilt when "unfair" stuff happens to you? Should work on that and you'll see more success

Cheers for the advice mate 👍 I think that's my problem
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    Game 6

Nif gold squad,real cautious defender,,took some time to finally open him up(kante),,then it was a 3-0 RQ

Game 7

Nif gold squad with that onyeka,,,put 3 past me inside 20,,some absolute pathetic goals conceded
    In 2nd half he showed his true colors,,was a real good player,who defended well n cld chain skills too,but avoided them
    Beaten 4-0(I hit the post twice),,but huge respect for playing decently

1 needed in 2,,,mbappe loan is on bench just in case,,gonna finish tomorrow

Loan mbappe ftw haha. Back in the days there was attribute boost cards. You just reminded me that I used to give my whole team +10 in all stats for the Weekend League FINAL qualification game(Originally you had to win 4 games in a row to qualify - way harder than todays qual i find)

Yeah,,I remember those 😆
  • Safckje
    860 posts Semi-Pro

Gold 3 or whatever 14 wins was.
  • Bozza88
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Div 1 player, first time yesterday i failed to qualify on my first attempt.
    Got rank 2 on the weekend so been a bit of a wweird week for me fifa wise haha. Will try again tonight or tomorrow
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m literally breakfast for you gold and Elite players :D
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain

How comes your in div 4 this year ?
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Maybe my play style just doesn’t suit this mode. Might have to try a more calm approach next season.
  • ValSidalv21
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Started my qualifiers and won the first game 5:2 in extra time after a 2:2 in regular.
    Looks like the delay is back, my players were so slow and heavy it's ridiculous. Ball feels like it's from metal and all shoots go strait to the keeper like he has magnets in his gloves.
    I needed 18 shots to score 2 goals vs my opponent who literally scored from his only 2 shots in the game.
    1.jpg
    Extra time could have been similar but I scored a lucky rebound goal and he had to open up.
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain
    Started my qualifiers and won the first game 5:2 in extra time after a 2:2 in regular.
    Looks like the delay is back, my players were so slow and heavy it's ridiculous. Ball feels like it's from metal and all shoots go strait to the keeper like he has magnets in his gloves.
    I needed 18 shots to score 2 goals vs my opponent who literally scored from his only 2 shots in the game.
    1.jpg
    Extra time could have been similar but I scored a lucky rebound goal and he had to open up.

Wow he had 2 Shots. So glad you won that one
  • JohnShelby
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2021
    I have one Match left.. depending on result it could be my very last Match for time now
    Can’t stand this Game anymore
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..
    Last Match I played I was two time better then opp.. literally had 17 shots vs his 4!!! Lost the Match after penalties.. in regular 90 mins was 3:3 result .. he scored finesse shot from left Corner from 30meters
    But that wasnt enough equalizing goal was in 88min after counter attack when my IF David in one vs one shot missed ENTIRE GOAL
    He countered, I fouled him.. ederson saved free kick but ball went to the crossbar and from the crossbar literally droped to his player in front of the goal .. and then somebody tell me this is coincidence

Also gameplay is soooo slow and heavy
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    1.jpg

This is some serious 🤬
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    JohnShelby wrote: »
    I have one Match left.. depending on result it could be my very last Match for time now
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..
    Last Match I played I was two time better then opp.. literally had 17 shots vs his 4!!! Lost the Match after penalties.. in regular 90 mins was 3:3 result .. he scored finesse shot from left Corner from 30meters
    But that wasnt enough equalizing goal was in 88min after counter attack when my IF David in one vs one shot missed ENTIRE GOAL
    He countered, I fouled him.. ederson saved free kick but ball went to the crossbar and from the crossbar literally droped to his player in front of the goal .. and then somebody tell me this is coincidence

Calm down mate
    Just relax n play it like a normal match
  • JohnShelby wrote: »
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..

Calm down mate

Thanks Mate … will try !
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    For the average Joe type players (Silver 1/2 types), what formations and tactics work for you? Think I need a calmer more balanced approach next season for qualifying.
  • JohnShelby wrote: »
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..

Calm down mate

Thanks Mate … will try !

@abhreebhu_45 you are my Lucky charm !! Every time I win after your words..

9th Game was very stressfull .. matchamking is definitely not working properly.. after 3 loses in a row .. got matched against player with kante, keane, Drogba etc… also he vas very good, high pressure player.. he scored first with Drogba.. then I honestly got Lucky to get a penalty and scored in the Middle of the net.. then after one counter i scored an easy goal with vini and had a lead at HT 2:1.. beginning of the half i was strugling to keap the lead.. but then emerged messi and scored a fantastic solo goal for 3:1.. he quit the Match after that.. i was so happy because it was something around 70 min and not sure that i would hold off the lead..
    Again in finals.. hopefully will get a better result this week :)
  • JakeH
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..

Calm down mate

Thanks Mate … will try !

9th Game was very stressfull .. matchamking is definitely not working properly.. after 3 loses in a row .. got matched against player with kante, keane, Drogba etc… also he vas very good, high pressure player.. he scored first with Drogba.. then I honestly got Lucky to get a penalty and scored in the Middle of the net.. then after one counter i scored an easy goal with vini and had a lead at HT 2:1.. beginning of the half i was strugling to keap the lead.. but then emerged messi and scored a fantastic solo goal for 3:1.. he quit the Match after that.. i was so happy because it was something around 70 min and not sure that i would hold off the lead..

Good job! What formation do you use?

• ValSidalv21
    Game 2, easy win. Early red for one of his defenders, he forfeited after my third goal somewhere mid first half.

Gameplay felt much better then that fist game.
  • JakeH wrote: »
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..

Calm down mate

Thanks Mate … will try !

Good job! What formation do you use?

Last week was using 4222
    On sunday I think I packed IF Messi and went back to 41212 (2) - Best results this fifa had with this formation .. liking 2 ST formations the most.. currently Messi is Cam and St are SIF Vini Jr & FB Karim

Also sometimes in Game i am playing 352 & 4231 depending on the result.. but 80% time 41212
  • ValSidalv21
    Game 3 a gifted win, many thanks :)
  • I SiR MartY I
    11488 posts Has That Special Something

Never played it on 21 or any of the other games, bar a month on 17 I grinded for a kit.

WL has always been a laggy mess for me so I've avoided it.

But now, I get rewarded for not playing WL, so I smash the qualifiers and then take 20Ls for 2 reds and packs.
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    For the average Joe type players (Silver 1/2 types), what formations and tactics work for you? Think I need a calmer more balanced approach next season for qualifying.

4-2-3-1

I hv tried mixing things up,,but only this works

I keep both my CDMs with high work rates n on default to create more chances
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    I was 4-1
    Now I am 4-4
    Most BS loses ever..

Calm down mate

Thanks Mate … will try !

🥳
    Glad u think that way mate
  • I SiR MartY I
    11488 posts Has That Special Something
    @JakeH

What's your team, tactics and instructions?
  • Bolly80
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ahhhh 4-4 as usual need to take a break.im determined not to 4-5 as usual
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain
    Bolly80 wrote: »
    Ahhhh 4-4 as usual need to take a break.im determined not to 4-5 as usual

Good luck mate
  • ValSidalv21
    Game 4, another gifted win. At least I think so because he actually played for a bit with his bronze team, tried to attack and tackle for the ball until I scored. Got me confused for a moment, I expected him to ether score own goal or throw the ball out and quit.