FIFA 22 Icon/Hero Discussion [reviews, prices, advice]

Comments

• Dev_ol
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    A heads up if any of you are looking for a sub mill striker. I packed base Dalglish out the SBC and gave him a run out and he is absolutely fantastic. The runs he makes and finishing are 👌🏼 If your not reliant on 5 star skills I’d massively recommend him.
  • Waltonmark1984
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mr 1000, base Eusebio has returned ♥

Was going to get the mid but after selling Beckham, rank 1 rewards and selling my tradeable fodder I realised I wasn't far of the 89...so opened a few packs to get the extra 150k I needed...

Figured with him going out of packs soon and being highly desirable my coins should be safe with him...

Might have to sell before TOTY if I want to do my yearly TOTY binge but hopefully can enjoy him for a month or so without losing to much, nice strong like to my POTM CR7 to 👍

I can get the mid also to partner potm cr7 but sadly can’t afford baby eus.

Unsure whether to just go for it? It’s either all coins into Eusebio or get IF neymar to play up front and mid zidane to replace rttk bernardo
  • Waltonmark1984
    Marto7 wrote: »
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Are you guys selling your mid Icons anytime soon? Prime Icons is just around the corner, the base will go out of packs but mid remain if we go by the 2 previous FIFAs.

Mid R9 went from 9.5m to 8.2m on PS between 1-31st December last year then declined further ever since.

Similar for prob most other cards as the prime is for most parts better than the mid? Also guess some base icons will hold value as they got different stats/positions and will be out of packs.

Im curious too. Now i have base Cruyff and planning to sell him soon to get the mid or try another icon, but dont know when to sell. Will his price drop, when the primes are released ?

When are the primes released?
  • Roobar
    1481 posts Play-Off Hero
    For main player / CF would people go 91 Cruyff or 89 Eusebio.

I skill, but not like a mad man, also who is likely to hold value better?
  • SH999
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Random question - does prime del piero have a different look in game than the other versions?
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up
    Are you guys selling your mid Icons anytime soon? Prime Icons is just around the corner, the base will go out of packs but mid remain if we go by the 2 previous FIFAs.

Mid R9 went from 9.5m to 8.2m on PS between 1-31st December last year then declined further ever since.

Similar for prob most other cards as the prime is for most parts better than the mid? Also guess some base icons will hold value as they got different stats/positions and will be out of packs.

Im curious too. Now i have base Cruyff and planning to sell him soon to get the mid or try another icon, but dont know when to sell. Will his price drop, when the primes are released ?

the base prob gonna hold value better than the mid since it will go out of packs can prob almost make a straight swap a week after primes are released from base to mid Cruyff.
  • Spillaren
    SH999 wrote: »
    Random question - does prime del piero have a different look in game than the other versions?

think he's bald?
  • Finesse_4days
    17469 posts World Class

think he's bald?

Yes he is.
  • SH999
    803 posts Semi-Pro

think he's bald?

Yes he is.

Thanks
  • SSL14
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2021
    Some of the better mids may rise when the prime version is out and players realise the prime version costs through the roof.

Base Torres is criminally under-rated. Plays much better than the mid version and the on card display rating are easy to make the average Joe think he's not all that. Torres is a clinical finisher (91 composure) and is the best striker I've used in terms of the off ball runs through the defence. His timing and positioning is spot on, Torres has bossed Kimpebe and Varane countless times for me in champs playoff.
  • Marto7
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When are the primes released?
    Mid December i think.

the base prob gonna hold value better than the mid since it will go out of packs can prob almost make a straight swap a week after primes are released from base to mid Cruyff.

I just checked thi price last year. Even the top tier base icons dropped in price 2 weeks before primes was out
  • Lackosweat
    9924 posts Has That Special Something
    Can Di Natale work at LAM/LM lads ?
  • Danic123
    4252 posts National Call-Up
    SSL14 wrote: »
    Some of the better mids may rise when the prime version is out and players realise the prime version costs through the roof.

Base Torres is criminally under-rated. Plays much better than the mid version and the on card display rating are easy to make the average Joe think he's not all that. Torres is a clinical finisher (91 composure) and is the best striker I've used in terms of the off ball runs through the defence. His timing and positioning is spot on, Torres has bossed Kimpebe and Varane countless times for me in champs playoff.

He’s clunky. Dreadful in bad gameplay imo as he can’t turn.
  • Professor
    3702 posts National Call-Up
    Lackosweat wrote: »

I used him at RAM a few times and he was great. Don’t know why but he feels like he has super high aggression the way he fights for the ball.
  • Waltonmark1984
    Best icon CM for 2.5 mill range. Would be on balanced instructions. 94 zidane?
  • Spillaren
    sold mid Vieira and mid VDS together with if Mbappe, Cordoba, and if Messi for a profit.

I usually never do this but partly wanted to downgrade my team to reduce toxic lvls when I play rivals/wl and save up some money to buy 1 or 2 TOTYs (really want a TOTY Kante)

Did invest in base Eusebio thou as I reckon he gonna hold his price well if we are to go by the previous FIFA but the team is less stacked overall now
  • Spillaren
    Best icon CM for 2.5 mill range. Would be on balanced instructions. 94 zidane?

Think his base version is better, also with base going out of packs in prob 2 weeks its likely to hold its price better.
  • Spillaren
    Lackosweat wrote: »

Yea works for me, got him untradeable been running him there for 40 games now, always solid when he gets in front of goal and got the pace/passing/dribbling needed imo.
  • Scottybtech
    1106 posts Professional

Awful workrates, awful body type & turns like a truck. Ea have done him dirty
  • Bozza88
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    thikning of going all in on a big boy icon, is the baby eusebio hype justified?
  • Scottybtech
    1106 posts Professional
    Bozza88 wrote: »

Yep he’s cracked
  • Bozza88
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bozza88 wrote: »

Yep he’s cracked

banging thanks mate
  • SSL14
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2021
    Danic123 wrote: »

He's great for me. Just saying as I see.

Not from my experience The mid torres is much worse, felt dreadful, missing easy sitters.

Perhaps it's our own gameplay points of view with input lag etc but a player with 84 agility and 80 balance shouldn't be turning like a truck...

• Spillaren
    Going full circle again on base Eusebio as well :D scored 12 goals in 4 games taking me from div 2 to div 1 just now, where I've been stuck for some time since the reset. Dunno if it's the patches but plays better than 2-3 weeks ago, even shots from outside the box and finesses fly in now and feels really good on the ball.
  • Danic123
    4252 posts National Call-Up

Not from my experience The mid torres is much worse, felt dreadful, missing easy sitters.

Perhaps it's our own gameplay points of view with input lag etc but a player with 84 agility and 80 balance shouldn't be turning like a truck...

It’s his body type & height that effects ability to turn as much as anything. CR7 for example has a special body type which allows him to turn better than players with similar height / stats. A player who has short / lean body type turns with ease regardless of balance / agility.

I used base Torres for a while. Squad battles he’s super effective. Good gameplay and he’s fine. Average to poor gameplay and he’s useless. Sadly, good gameplay is infrequent online for me.
  • Muzza11
    13635 posts Has That Special Something
    Packed VDS from the base icon SBC, he’s really good. Makes so many 1v1 saves. Anyone else used him?
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Anyone used Base Scweinsteiger at cm/cdm? Need a winger to play there if I want to get Messi, Benzema, Fekir, Di Natale in the same team haha
  • Scutch
    19715 posts Club Captain
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Packed VDS from the base icon SBC, he’s really good. Makes so many 1v1 saves. Anyone else used him?

Seen a few of the streamers or Pro's use mid VDS (Gorilla certainly likes him). I've used the mid too and he's good, but also prone to errors like every other keeper. I'm sure the Base is just as good as the mid, tbh. And he's relatively good value considering how much icon keepers are.
  • Professor
    3702 posts National Call-Up

It’s his body type & height that effects ability to turn as much as anything. CR7 for example has a special body type which allows him to turn better than players with similar height / stats. A player who has short / lean body type turns with ease regardless of balance / agility.

I used base Torres for a while. Squad battles he’s super effective. Good gameplay and he’s fine. Average to poor gameplay and he’s useless. Sadly, good gameplay is infrequent online for me.

Anyone here know if baby and mid Eusebio have the same body type in game?
  • Spillaren
    Muzza11 wrote: »

used his mid for 2-weekend leagues, was great.