FIFA 22 Icon/Hero Discussion [reviews, prices, advice]

Comments

• ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator
    Playing 352 in game has anyone ran mid Roberto Carlos as the left sided centre back??

He's tiny Can't see him working at CB.
    Even at LB he was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for me defensively because he's that small he's got good Shooting and passing but Gold Mendy is a much better LB that Carlos and will be up until he gets a Moments version.

I mean Cordoba is tiny…
  • Finesse_4days
    17479 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Playing 352 in game has anyone ran mid Roberto Carlos as the left sided centre back??

Even at LB he was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for me defensively because he's that small he's got good Shooting and passing but Gold Mendy is a much better LB that Carlos and will be up until he gets a Moments version.

I mean Cordoba is tiny…

There's small at like 5 ft 8/5ft 9 and then there's minuscule, there's a cut off point for everything and the height of Carlos is below that for a defender imo. He looks so small on the pitch. Also will get sweaters playing someone like Ginola or Base Cantona outwide and abusing crosses.
    Doesn't help that he has very small legs length wise as well which makes it harder to reach stuff for interceptions and tackles.
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator

I mean Cordoba is tiny…

There's small at like 5 ft 8/5ft 9 and then there's minuscule, there's a cut off point for everything and the height of Carlos is below that for a defender imo. He looks so small on the pitch. Also will get sweaters playing someone like Ginola or Base Cantona outwide and abusing crosses.
    Doesn't help that he has very small legs length wise as well which makes it harder to reach stuff for interceptions and tackles.

Cordoba is 5ft8 and Carlos 5ft6 so not a massive difference in reality but the former’s jumping probably helps ;)
  • Waltonmark1984
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thanks both @Finesse_4days and @ha032742 ive just done Chiellini flashback as love him in real life. I’ve varane and kimpembe untradable but having used them for over 250 games each I want to change. Thinking base maldini, cordoba and Chiellini for my back three. Any thoughts? Maldini would start 7 chem though
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up
    the stat upgrade from KDB to signature KDB is pretty good actually, tempted to try him as my attacking CDM

GyNw0qu.png
  • Finesse_4days
    17479 posts World Class
    Thanks both @Finesse_4days and @ha032742 ive just done Chiellini flashback as love him in real life. I’ve varane and kimpembe untradable but having used them for over 250 games each I want to change. Thinking base maldini, cordoba and Chiellini for my back three. Any thoughts? Maldini would start 7 chem though

Sounds solid, would probably play Chiellini in the middle and then Maldini on the left with Cordoba on the right.
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator
    Spillaren wrote: »
    the stat upgrade from KDB to signature KDB is pretty good actually, tempted to try him as my attacking CDM

GyNw0qu.png

@David12344 in GD said the balance/agility upgrade doesn’t help
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator

Sounds good to me. Personally, I’d probably have gone for Signature Skriniar but get why you did Chiellini (I do like he has hair in his dynamic :D ).
  • Furrag85
    2204 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thing is with Carlos is you buy him as he's a good attacking full back and would be fun to use to knuckle free kicks from 40 yards.

But having to instruct full backs to stay back and free kick goals being rare as rocking horse shat this year means he isn't all that appealing.
  • Scutch
    19739 posts Club Captain
    Furrag85 wrote: »
    Thing is with Carlos is you buy him as he's a good attacking full back and would be fun to use to knuckle free kicks from 40 yards.

But having to instruct full backs to stay back and free kick goals being rare as rocking horse shat this year means he isn't all that appealing.

Mid Carlos has been the best fullback I've used this year so far. Had him tradeable and sold a few days ago to do the SBC, but then didn't bother. I will either do that SBC or buy him again. Hell of a lot of money for the reasons you mentioned, but he's good.
  • Spillaren
    is Gullit good this year? only had the mid version in one FIFA for a brief time before, consider selling Vieira (which I really like) all my fodder and pick him up.
  • Finesse_4days
    17479 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    is Gullit good this year? only had the mid version in one FIFA for a brief time before, consider selling Vieira (which I really like) all my fodder and pick him up.

Noo he's bad lol :D
    He's always good but I haven't used him this year to try him out myself, he's definitely going to be the best CM on the game available at the moment it's just whether he is that good that he's a mile better than every other option and worth spending a big amount of coins.
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator

Very good. I’m using him and Renato at the moment.
  • Spillaren

Noo he's bad lol :D
    He's always good but I haven't used him this year to try him out myself, he's definitely going to be the best CM on the game available at the moment it's just whether he is that good that he's a mile better than every other option and worth spending a big amount of coins.

Lol yea its obvious he will be good, but will he be almost 7m on PS good XD.

Not that it's anything to go by but find it weird that no pros use any other icon than R9 basically for the one outfield icon they are allowed to have in the team, would expect one of them to favour a Gullit or Vieira etc.
  • Spillaren

Very good. I’m using him and Renato at the moment.

Did you try Vieira yet by any chance? If so how do they compare
  • number7rocky
    7789 posts League Winner
    edited November 2021
    Mr 1000, base Eusebio has returned ♥

Was going to get the mid but after selling Beckham, rank 1 rewards and selling my tradeable fodder I realised I wasn't far of the 89...so opened a few packs to get the extra 150k I needed...

Figured with him going out of packs soon and being highly desirable my coins should be safe with him...

Might have to sell before TOTY if I want to do my yearly TOTY binge but hopefully can enjoy him for a month or so without losing to much, nice strong like to my POTM CR7 to 👍

Post edited by number7rocky on
  • Crop_Dust3r
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect

Was going to get the mid but after selling Beckham, rank 1 rewards and selling my tradeable fodder I realised I wasn't far of the 89...so opened a few packs to get the extra 150k I needed...

Figured with him going out of packs soon and being highly desirable my coins should be safe with him...

Might have to sell before TOTY if I want to do my yearly TOTY binge but hopefully can enjoy him for a month or so without losing to much, nice strong like to my POTM CR7 to 👍

Wait... Base icons are going out of packs? Is that what happens when the primes are released?
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator

Wait... Base icons are going out of packs? Is that what happens when the primes are released?

Yes
  • Furrag85
    2204 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why has 90 Bergkamp spiked? Price fixed? up from 450k or so today. Being listed for >700k with the occasional 'bargain' below 660k.
  • Losik4
    54 posts Park Captain
    Anybody knows when primes will be released??
  • Crop_Dust3r
    edited November 2021
    That's it, I'm done with 91 Eusebio. 92 Puskas is far better.

Someone suggest a CAM to sit behind Puskas and Messi?

I'm considering 94 Zidane but have not heard good things so far.

I've also considered just getting the new Ben Yedder and Sanches cards but they seem overpriced for their ratings to me. Surely the bubble will burst and they'll plummet in price? I mean, how good can an 84 rated Renato Sanches card be? Worth over 600k? Seems madness
  • Spillaren

I've also considered just getting the new Ben Yedder and Sanches cards but they seem overpriced for their ratings to me. Surely the bubble will burst and they'll plummet in price? I mean, how good can an 84 rated Renato Sanches card be? Worth over 600k? Seems madness

I really like Ginola as my CCAM, played him there almost all of this FIFA cycle and I really doubt Zidane will work as a CAM, at least didn't work there for me. Tried IF Neymar, Messi, 91 Eusebio as my CCAM but for some reason, Ginola just does more work there for me, think it's the combination of his physicals and good dribbling other than balance, which I haven't really noticed.
  • MattDufc14
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played my first few games with base RVP last night and my word he is terrific. Right foot, left foot - the goals go in from everywhere. Can feel the 87 pace and 90 dribbling aswel.

Didn't think id enjoy a striker more than Arnautovic so soon, but after this week I think RVP will be my favourite.
  • Crop_Dust3r

I really like Ginola as my CCAM, played him there almost all of this FIFA cycle and I really doubt Zidane will work as a CAM, at least didn't work there for me. Tried IF Neymar, Messi, 91 Eusebio as my CCAM but for some reason, Ginola just does more work there for me, think it's the combination of his physicals and good dribbling other than balance, which I haven't really noticed.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may have to try him. I've found the CAM position to be the hardest one for me to fill.

So far my favourite player to us as CAM believe it or not was RB Haaland. Strong, good passing and a hell of a left foot.

I'll keep experimenting (and losing coins on tax 😂)
  • Bozza88
    2688 posts Fans' Favourite
    mid seedorf better than SS renato? anyone used? not seen many reviews of him this year
  • Spillaren

Thanks for the suggestion, I may have to try him. I've found the CAM position to be the hardest one for me to fill.

So far my favourite player to us as CAM believe it or not was RB Haaland. Strong, good passing and a hell of a left foot.

I'll keep experimenting (and losing coins on tax 😂)

Yea I found the CAM position hard to fill myself, last FIFA Neymar was perfect for it, this FIFA I really like a more physical player. Base or mid Cantona might be really good there as well, probably the base due to more agility.
  • Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Opinions on Abedi Pele as a CAM in a 4312? :)
  • Spillaren
    Are you guys selling your mid Icons anytime soon? Prime Icons is just around the corner, the base will go out of packs but mid remain if we go by the 2 previous FIFAs.

Mid R9 went from 9.5m to 8.2m on PS between 1-31st December last year then declined further ever since.

Similar for prob most other cards as the prime is for most parts better than the mid? Also guess some base icons will hold value as they got different stats/positions and will be out of packs.
  • Marto7
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Are you guys selling your mid Icons anytime soon? Prime Icons is just around the corner, the base will go out of packs but mid remain if we go by the 2 previous FIFAs.

Mid R9 went from 9.5m to 8.2m on PS between 1-31st December last year then declined further ever since.

Similar for prob most other cards as the prime is for most parts better than the mid? Also guess some base icons will hold value as they got different stats/positions and will be out of packs.

Im curious too. Now i have base Cruyff and planning to sell him soon to get the mid or try another icon, but dont know when to sell. Will his price drop, when the primes are released ?
  • Scottybtech
    1117 posts Professional
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    mid seedorf better than SS renato? anyone used? not seen many reviews of him this year

Mid seedorf is massively overrated IMO, better off with Renato