Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

• Stlducks
    7951 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Thought Benitez was a good manager, many had him as the best of the rest at the start of the season?

People still living off his career before 2015. I said it before, Bruce did just as good of a job at Newcastle than Rafa. No idea why people thought he was great there.
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    SimenHP wrote: »
    In Norway we have one free match every week and today it was Spurs. And now that it's postponed they chose Leicester instead of M. City :neutral:

Looks like they made the right decision 😏
  • Stlducks
    7951 posts League Winner
    I hate everything about this announcer on Peacock doing the City game. I can’t imagine how much it has to suck being the announcer by him listening to “GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL” dragged on for 30 seconds.
  • Nem
    7915 posts League Winner
    Thought Benitez was a good manager, many had him as the best of the rest at the start of the season?

It was like going back 10-15 years the way some were bigging him up.
  • Pietu
    10734 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »

People still living off his career before 2015. I said it before, Bruce did just as good of a job at Newcastle than Rafa. No idea why people thought he was great there.

But Bruce actually got some big money, Rafa didn't. Ask Newcastle fans, they'll tell you that.
  • Ahmer50x
    31374 posts National Team Captain
    edited November 2021
    "I hate everything about this announcer on Peacock doing the City game. I can’t imagine how much it has to suck being the announcer by him listening to “GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL” dragged on for 30 seconds."

It's a massive problem when they let the Spanish announcers do it in English. Just doesn't translate well.
  • Stlducks
    7951 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "I hate everything about this announcer on Peacock doing the City game. I can’t imagine how much it has to suck being the announcer by him listening to “GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL” dragged on for 30 seconds."

It's a massive problem when they let the Spanish announcers do it in English. Just doesn't translate well.

It seems very forced.
  • Shshj
    10170 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn’t realise we have a midweek MD now, Merseyside derby on Wednesday and United vs Arsenal on Thursday. Lovely stuff.
  • G000ner
    7473 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »
    Didn’t realise we have a midweek MD now, Merseyside derby on Wednesday and United vs Arsenal on Thursday. Lovely stuff.

December is so good for football. Love it
  • Stlducks
    7951 posts League Winner
    List of players in AFCON
    It will now take place from January 9 to February 6 2022, with Cameroon the host nation.

Arsenal: Thomas Partey (Ghana), Mohamed Elneny (Egypt), Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon), Nicolas Pepe (Ivory Coast)

Aston Villa: Mahmoud Trezeguet (Egypt), Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso), Marvelous Nakamba (Zimbabwe)

Brentford: Julian Jeanvier (Guinea), Frank Onyeka (Nigeria), Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Ghana),

Brighton: Yves Bissouma (Mali)Burnley: Maxwel Cornet (Ivory Coast)

Chelsea: Edouard Mendy (Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)

Crystal Palace: Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana), Jordan Ayew (Ghana), Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)

Everton: Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Ivory Coast), Alex Iwobi (Nigeria)

Leeds United: None

Leicester City: Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria), Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)

Liverpool: Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Naby Keita (Guinea), Sadio Mane (Senegal)

Manchester City: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)

Manchester United: Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast), Amad Diallo (Ivory Coast)

Newcastle United: None

Norwich City: None

Southampton: Moussa Djenepo (Mali), Mohammed Salisu (Ghana) ,

Tottenham Hotspur: None

Watford: Peter Etebo (Nigeria), William Troost-Ekong (Nigeria), Adam Masina (Morocco), Ismaila Sarr (Senegal), Emmanuel Dennis (Nigeria)

West Ham: None

Wolves: Romain Saiss (Morocco)
  • Tornado31619
    30851 posts National Team Captain
    They really need to find a way to host AFCON in the summer.
  • Pxul_
    11670 posts Has That Special Something
    Dunno why it’s not played the same time as Euros, copa America etc🤷‍♂️
  • Pietu
    If Norwich win against Newcastle tomorrow, they'll have the most points in November :joy:
  • Stlducks
    7951 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    If Norwich win against Newcastle tomorrow, they'll have the most points in November :joy:

Because they have an extra game in November.
  • Ahmer50x
    Dean Smith/Daniel Farke share MOTM maybe? :joy:
  • Pietu
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »

Because they have an extra game in November.

Yes but would still be funny :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    Nem wrote: »
    It's to do with the temperature. Cooler in Africa during our winter.

Our being the UK.

Yes, but then people can’t complain when fans get pissed off and don’t watch. They need to look into building indoor stadiums.
  • arsenalap
    11641 posts Has That Special Something

Our being the UK.

Yes, but then people can’t complain when fans get pissed off and don’t watch. They need to look into building indoor stadiums.

You think they can just afford to revamp every stadium with advanced cooling and roofing systems, or rebuild stadiums all over the place?

I agree AFCON is annoying, but it's a very privileged view to think the rest of the world should just change to match what we want.
  • Pietu
    arsenalap wrote: »

Our being the UK.

You think they can just afford to revamp every stadium with advanced cooling and roofing systems, or rebuild stadiums all over the place?

I agree AFCON is annoying, but it's a very privileged view to think the rest of the world should just change to match what we want.

Exactly, it's entitlement. They shouldn't change it because it works better for them, unless they obviously find something that's even better for them.

And indoor stadiums absolutely do not belong to football and never should. For me, the element of weather will always be a part of football.
  • Kellnerr
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    AFCON in winter wouldn't be a problem if there were winter breaks like in the Bundesliga. I'm against it though since nothing beats the tough schedule around boxing day, PL football to watch every other day in those cold winter days.
  • Shshj
    10170 posts Has That Special Something
    The Athletic claiming that Benitez could be sacked if Everton don’t get a result against Liverpool.
  • El_Nino
    8959 posts League Winner
    I have to hold my hand up with Rafa, I was convinced he was a top manager still, looked to start bright with Everton, but he's falling apart quick.
  • Cyodine
    4380 posts National Call-Up
    Shshj wrote: »
    The Athletic claiming that Benitez could be sacked if Everton don’t get a result against Liverpool.

Ugh... I dread this next match as every time we play Everton it seems one of our players get injured. Now add the possibility of Rafa getting the sack, it's lining up to be a real scrapper.
  • Snugglebites
    2719 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some people just aren't looking at the big picture. I think Agent Rafa is doing an amazing job. Remember, kids, The Waiter always delivers.
  • Ahmer50x
    You can make a credible argument that Everton will be in the bottom 4 at Christmas.

I thought Ancelotti was underperforming last year but apparently not :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    arsenalap wrote: »

Our being the UK.

That’s fine, but then they shouldn’t be surprised when fans continue to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about the tournament and their viewership ratings stagnate. International football is already in the gutter as it is.
  • G000ner
    7473 posts League Winner
    Doesn't help that Everton have about 3 good players and they're all injured
  • Ashy
    17996 posts World Class
    Who will Everton get in if they sack him?

Foncesca?
  • Tornado31619
    If only there was a manager who had recently left a top club…