MM Objective Matchmaking

DokRock
178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
How does Matchmaking in the friendlies work?

I do fine in Rivals. As soon as I go to MM I lose by 4 or 5 goals every game. That's 5 consecutive losses now (I've given up, it's an 84 card so just not worth the grief).

I don't understand it. I thought it matched you against your rivals rank. Cleary it's not. How does it work?

I did notice it's hard to get a game so is it just taking whoever is available?

Comments

  • RichT
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think it's a free for all. But all casual players have decided it's not fun or worth it.

    It's really not.

    It's legal division dropping from last year, except this year you can get high level rivals rewards and grief lower level players in friendlies.

    Think EA are on a mission to exclude casuals this year. But putting three of the new objective players in squad battles might be a sign they have recognised their error. Probably not though.

    Bit worried about icon swaps and squad battles this year. World class is winnable, but much harder than last year and they have made the first two teams much harder.

    EA have lost sight of the fact that this game is only fun if the match making level is similar. (Friendlies)

    Also expect angry division droppers from last year to aggressively attack this. It's their divine right to play in a toxic way, do what they need to do, then do every toxic thing they can do to make you quit.



  • number7rocky
    7768 posts League Winner
    There is skill based matchmaking but it's "loose" depends who's searching at the same time and if your on new gen player base is small.

    So you might get match ups where there's divisions between opponents.
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    RichT wrote: »
    Think it's a free for all. But all casual players have decided it's not fun or worth it.

    It's really not.

    It's legal division dropping from last year, except this year you can get high level rivals rewards and grief lower level players in friendlies.

    Think EA are on a mission to exclude casuals this year. But putting three of the new objective players in squad battles might be a sign they have recognised their error. Probably not though.

    Bit worried about icon swaps and squad battles this year. World class is winnable, but much harder than last year and they have made the first two teams much harder.

    EA have lost sight of the fact that this game is only fun if the match making level is similar. (Friendlies)

    Also expect angry division droppers from last year to aggressively attack this. It's their divine right to play in a toxic way, do what they need to do, then do every toxic thing they can do to make you quit.



    @RichT By "Free for all" you mean friendlies basically matches whoever? I've found Rivals to be fine. I've found the friendly objectives to be just not worth it so I don't play them. Getting continuously smashed is zero fun so... why should I?

    I quit FIFA last year because of these toxic division droppers. Rivals seems to have fixed that. I did'nt realise friendlies was still broke. If that's true then there is no reason to play it.
  • abhreebhu_45
    9523 posts League Winner
    U doing Oxford??
    Bundesliga has some of the worst <80 players

  • RichT
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DokRock wrote: »
    RichT wrote: »
    Think it's a free for all. But all casual players have decided it's not fun or worth it.

    It's really not.

    It's legal division dropping from last year, except this year you can get high level rivals rewards and grief lower level players in friendlies.

    Think EA are on a mission to exclude casuals this year. But putting three of the new objective players in squad battles might be a sign they have recognised their error. Probably not though.

    Bit worried about icon swaps and squad battles this year. World class is winnable, but much harder than last year and they have made the first two teams much harder.

    EA have lost sight of the fact that this game is only fun if the match making level is similar. (Friendlies)

    Also expect angry division droppers from last year to aggressively attack this. It's their divine right to play in a toxic way, do what they need to do, then do every toxic thing they can do to make you quit.



    @RichT By "Free for all" you mean friendlies basically matches whoever? I've found Rivals to be fine. I've found the friendly objectives to be just not worth it so I don't play them. Getting continuously smashed is zero fun so... why should I?

    I quit FIFA last year because of these toxic division droppers. Rivals seems to have fixed that. I did'nt realise friendlies was still broke. If that's true then there is no reason to play it.

    Rivals is fine. You kind of find your place. I've given up on friendlies. It's a shame because it was one of the areas I enjoyed most last last year.

    I think EA have recognised a little bit and stopped the win by two rules which made it literally impossible.

    But still a nightmare
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    RichT wrote: »
    DokRock wrote: »

    @RichT By "Free for all" you mean friendlies basically matches whoever? I've found Rivals to be fine. I've found the friendly objectives to be just not worth it so I don't play them. Getting continuously smashed is zero fun so... why should I?

    I quit FIFA last year because of these toxic division droppers. Rivals seems to have fixed that. I did'nt realise friendlies was still broke. If that's true then there is no reason to play it.

    Rivals is fine. You kind of find your place. I've given up on friendlies. It's a shame because it was one of the areas I enjoyed most last last year.

    I think EA have recognised a little bit and stopped the win by two rules which made it literally impossible.

    But still a nightmare

    @RichT One of the biggest problems I had with friendly objectives last year was the "X wins" constraint. That just invited toxicity and now with the completely unbalanced games I know there is zero point in even trying as I can't win so there is literally no point. The problem last FIFA was the self relegating trash that just made the game a misery to play overall so I just stopped playing.

    I'll do the SB ones over time and probably just leave it at that. If they aren't going to fix the MM in friendly objectives then it's literally pointless. A bit worried about how icon swaps are going to work as that may be out of reach too through no fault of my own. That's the frustrating part.
  • RichT
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DokRock wrote: »
    RichT wrote: »
    DokRock wrote: »

    @RichT By "Free for all" you mean friendlies basically matches whoever? I've found Rivals to be fine. I've found the friendly objectives to be just not worth it so I don't play them. Getting continuously smashed is zero fun so... why should I?

    I quit FIFA last year because of these toxic division droppers. Rivals seems to have fixed that. I did'nt realise friendlies was still broke. If that's true then there is no reason to play it.

    Rivals is fine. You kind of find your place. I've given up on friendlies. It's a shame because it was one of the areas I enjoyed most last last year.

    I think EA have recognised a little bit and stopped the win by two rules which made it literally impossible.

    But still a nightmare

    @RichT One of the biggest problems I had with friendly objectives last year was the "X wins" constraint. That just invited toxicity and now with the completely unbalanced games I know there is zero point in even trying as I can't win so there is literally no point. The problem last FIFA was the self relegating trash that just made the game a misery to play overall so I just stopped playing.

    I'll do the SB ones over time and probably just leave it at that. If they aren't going to fix the MM in friendly objectives then it's literally pointless. A bit worried about how icon swaps are going to work as that may be out of reach too through no fault of my own. That's the frustrating part.

    I think the problem is that the low to middle skill level players have all given up. The division droppers from last year have got everything they want handed to them on a plate. I feel like EA hate folk getting something for nothing. But when I'm playing some way above my level and he's 2 nil up in 5 mins and then harassing you to quit. What's the point, I quit. They have created a system where pond life get rewards for doing nothing.

    Not saying all higher skill players are pond life. Just this game has an extremely high percentage.



  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    RichT wrote: »
    DokRock wrote: »
    RichT wrote: »
    DokRock wrote: »

    @RichT By "Free for all" you mean friendlies basically matches whoever? I've found Rivals to be fine. I've found the friendly objectives to be just not worth it so I don't play them. Getting continuously smashed is zero fun so... why should I?

    I quit FIFA last year because of these toxic division droppers. Rivals seems to have fixed that. I did'nt realise friendlies was still broke. If that's true then there is no reason to play it.

    Rivals is fine. You kind of find your place. I've given up on friendlies. It's a shame because it was one of the areas I enjoyed most last last year.

    I think EA have recognised a little bit and stopped the win by two rules which made it literally impossible.

    But still a nightmare

    @RichT One of the biggest problems I had with friendly objectives last year was the "X wins" constraint. That just invited toxicity and now with the completely unbalanced games I know there is zero point in even trying as I can't win so there is literally no point. The problem last FIFA was the self relegating trash that just made the game a misery to play overall so I just stopped playing.

    I'll do the SB ones over time and probably just leave it at that. If they aren't going to fix the MM in friendly objectives then it's literally pointless. A bit worried about how icon swaps are going to work as that may be out of reach too through no fault of my own. That's the frustrating part.

    I think the problem is that the low to middle skill level players have all given up. The division droppers from last year have got everything they want handed to them on a plate. I feel like EA hate folk getting something for nothing. But when I'm playing some way above my level and he's 2 nil up in 5 mins and then harassing you to quit. What's the point, I quit. They have created a system where pond life get rewards for doing nothing.

    Not saying all higher skill players are pond life. Just this game has an extremely high percentage.



    @RichT Oh completely agree. This is why I don't bother with the Friendly objectives at the moment. When people are moaning they can't find opponents, well, I'm one of them (one less opponent). Why should I play it? Sell it to me. I mean, due to the win requirement, I literally have nothing to play for each game. So there is no point.
  • JGDC74
    1094 posts Professional
    And it’s practically impossible to even find an opponent half the time.
  • RichT
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I tried again tonight. 5 loses in a row.

    I need to wait a week or two
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    RichT wrote: »
    I tried again tonight. 5 loses in a row.

    I need to wait a week or two

    @RichT I wouldn't bother until they change how match making is done. It's totally stacked against players like us so there is literally no point. Let them wonder why there is no players available and maybe that will force a change. I'm sick of being easy wins for others so won't touch it.
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RichT wrote: »
    I tried again tonight. 5 loses in a row.

    I need to wait a week or two

    @RichT I mean, I even tried the Silver objective tonight.

    6 games. 6 losses.

    Serious questions to any mods or EA people. How am I expected to do the win requirement for these objectives? Serious questions. Just.... how?

    So frustrated and angry right now. This is so broken. Just... why?
  • Hollow101
    38 posts Park Captain
    @RichT and @DokRock its such a shame isn’t it. In same boat as you in MM, tried a few games for Oxford and decided not worth the disappointment, not even tried for the others.

    It’s such a shame loved MM last year. Cannot understand who’s idea it was to have the matchmaking like this for this edition, makes no sense as you are making it so difficult for lower league players to get these cards.
  • All4fun1991
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh you don’t have to do all those friendlies, just pick the players you like and do them…All these finesse and outside the box goals makes it extra frustrating considering people only play drop back counter on this game. Yes even on friendlies they play drop back.
  • JGDC74
    1094 posts Professional
    I’m really struggling on Silver Stars this week. Haven’t scored a single goal yet (in games I’ve completed that is). I’m getting battered game after game despite having good players. Rivals doesn’t play like this.

    In one game the guy had 5 at the back, but I still managed to score. But the game was so boring I couldn’t be arsed to finish it.
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hollow101 wrote: »
    @RichT and @DokRock its such a shame isn’t it. In same boat as you in MM, tried a few games for Oxford and decided not worth the disappointment, not even tried for the others.

    It’s such a shame loved MM last year. Cannot understand who’s idea it was to have the matchmaking like this for this edition, makes no sense as you are making it so difficult for lower league players to get these cards.

    It's funny watching people complain they can't find an opponent. I mean... why would I bother? lol
Sign In or Register to comment.