Puskas is so fun
  • Scutch
    19739 posts Club Captain
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Puskas is so fun

In good gameplay he’s fantastic.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I just sold 88 Rooney to get 90 Cantona to pair up with 92 Puskas.

Initial thoughts so far is that he is underwhelming. I'm not really a skiller so maybe I'm just not playing to his strengths but he seems a little hit and miss at the moment. Nothing exciting about his movement and his finishing is somewhat unreliable - hits the post more often than not.

Puskas on the other hand is still bringing a smile to my face. He's just so damn good. I've played over 250 games with him now and I'm not sure I'll ever sell him at this rate - even though I really do wanna try out Eusabio at some point.
  • Bozza88
    2688 posts Fans' Favourite

Initial thoughts so far is that he is underwhelming. I'm not really a skiller so maybe I'm just not playing to his strengths but he seems a little hit and miss at the moment. Nothing exciting about his movement and his finishing is somewhat unreliable - hits the post more often than not.

Puskas on the other hand is still bringing a smile to my face. He's just so damn good. I've played over 250 games with him now and I'm not sure I'll ever sell him at this rate - even though I really do wanna try out Eusabio at some point.

Thoughts on Rooney?
  • Cantonas Collar
    1933 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mid Zidane - Very underwhelming and not worth his price tag, I wanted him to be the playmaker CDM in my 4222 but he just never imposed himself in games, he’s largely hindered by his medium/medium work rates and his big frame, he’s got good dribbling stats on paper but it’s not enough to compensate. I loved him IRL and wanted to keep him long term so the loss I’ll take on tax is a hard pill to swallow.

Base Van Persie - Excellent and has everything you want in a striker other than a 5* weak foot but he still finished chances on his right foot with ease. The one place I thought he might struggle was in the dribbling department due to his 71 balance but his other stats seemingly make up for it and he’s very smooth on the ball. I’ll be upgrading to the Prime and Moments when I can.
  • Mid Cruyff or baby Eusebio to partner mid r9 ?
  • jenksiee123
    24927 posts Player of the Year

big agree on Puskas. I've lost 300k on him but he's staying for a while.

Definitely upgrading him but the prime will be expensive until at least TOTY so no point in selling the 92 atm.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    Bozza88 wrote: »

Thoughts on Rooney?

Overall pretty good. Can finish some amazing shots, has better dribbling and is a little quicker than I expected. Lacked a bit of that 'something special' that I am looking for. I played him right CAM and then center CAM and he was more than decent. At this stage, I'd actually rate him slightly above 90 Cantona, but I probably need a bit more time with Cantona. [edit: after a few more games, Cantona definitely has the edge over Rooney :smile: ]

Right now though I'm seriously considering selling everyone around Puskas in order to try and save for Eusabio
    Post edited by Crop_Dust3r on
  • LFC798
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone used 92 puskas and di natale? Think di natale would make a good L/R Cam behind puskas or better other way round? Also hearing good things about del piero 90 for the other side
  • straathyenas
    59 posts Park Captain
    Bought 91 cruyf yesterday for 2.65. First two games he was underwhelming but afterwards he scored atleast two goals per match in division one. Normally I am better with strong players like Cantona but Cruyf is on another level! really enjoying him
  • straathyenas
    59 posts Park Captain
    pairing him with Openda and Antony because I am broke AF. Hopefully able to buy neres next week haha
  • Marto7
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is there much difference ingame between base and middle Cruyff ? Is it worth to sell base to buy mid for 500-600k more?

Also what is the best ST that will work in both ways - 2ST formation and as lone striker. In both ways Cruyff will be a CAM. Curently my STs is vinisius 85 untradeable + Pele 91 but will replace Pele soon.Hes good but too exlensive for what he offers.
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    How would you line this up in-game in a 4231?

This is my current setup

if Mbappe
    Di Natale Ginola If Neymar

Thinking of maybe pushing Ginola out on the wing and having IF Neymar as my CCAM, but then again really liked Ginola as my CCAM due to his physicality. Also since finesse shots have been nerfed might as well put Di Natale on the Ram spot for outside the foot shots as no green timed finesse shot goes in anymore unless you are 40 yards away from the box for some reason...

Tried playing Mbappe on the LAM spot but think he is insane as a striker this year, prefer him over both versions of Eusebio.
  • Thefranchise92
    6201 posts Big Money Move
    Mid Zidane - Very underwhelming and not worth his price tag, I wanted him to be the playmaker CDM in my 4222 but he just never imposed himself in games, he’s largely hindered by his medium/medium work rates and his big frame, he’s got good dribbling stats on paper but it’s not enough to compensate. I loved him IRL and wanted to keep him long term so the loss I’ll take on tax is a hard pill to swallow.

Base Van Persie - Excellent and has everything you want in a striker other than a 5* weak foot but he still finished chances on his right foot with ease. The one place I thought he might struggle was in the dribbling department due to his 71 balance but his other stats seemingly make up for it and he’s very smooth on the ball. I’ll be upgrading to the Prime and Moments when I can.

Only used the base but he shines in a midfield 3 ( ZZ). In a 4321 or 4313 etc. He isn’t good enough defensively with a shadow boost to be relied on as an actual cdm but when he can be b2b and fully attacking he’s great.
  • Spillaren
    Marto7 wrote: »
    Is there much difference ingame between base and middle Cruyff ? Is it worth to sell base to buy mid for 500-600k more?

Also what is the best ST that will work in both ways - 2ST formation and as lone striker. In both ways Cruyff will be a CAM. Curently my STs is vinisius 85 untradeable + Pele 91 but will replace Pele soon.Hes good but too exlensive for what he offers.

Think its the slight upgrade on stamina and everything else, would defo go for the mid version if I could afford both myself.
  • Bozza88
    any mid seedorf users?
  • Js734
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    any mid seedorf users?

Used him for a few games and sold. Clunky.
  • Spillaren

Found base Zidane decent as my playmaker CDM when I ran 4222 for what its worth and Im pretty quick to complain about players :D
  • Ugri
    12515 posts Has That Special Something
    best icon cm/cdm to replace Fofana and/or Llorente? Has to be an upgrade of either or both, budget 1million
  • Cantonas Collar
    1933 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spillaren wrote: »

Found base Zidane decent as my playmaker CDM when I ran 4222 for what its worth and Im pretty quick to complain about players :D

Base Zidane has the High/Medium work rates and I suspect that makes a difference.
  • Bozza88
    Js734 wrote: »
    any mid seedorf users?

Used him for a few games and sold. Clunky.

Thanks mate
  • LFC798
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mid eto’o or mid puskas to partner di natale in a 5212? 🤔
  • Ugri wrote: »
    best icon cm/cdm to replace Fofana and/or Llorente? Has to be an upgrade of either or both, budget 1million

Lol
  • ha032742
    44089 posts Moderator
    Ugri wrote: »

There really isn’t one for that budget imo unfortunately.
  • ha032742 wrote: »

There really isn’t one for that budget imo unfortunately.

Yeah only one is ruud.

I am forced to use an icon, because I cba with varane for another cr7 link. Don't have the budget for ruud so zidane it is. But he's got nothing on llorente.
  • Hammer316
    3501 posts National Call-Up
    Base blanc is very solid as a CDM and in that budget.
  • Lackosweat
    9933 posts Has That Special Something
    Hammer316 wrote: »
    Base blanc is very solid as a CDM and in that budget.

Base Blanc aint it this year. He lost his touch.
  • He's ok, but not an upgrade.
  • Hammer316
    3501 posts National Call-Up
    I have him untradable, as stay back CDM he's very solid. Orison is probably right though, not an upgrade on the Spanish freak.
  • Spillaren

POTM Nkunku, love that card. Don't think there are any other upgrades other than Vieira/Gullit if you got POTM Fofana.

Personally run Vieira with POTM Nkunku (partly cause I thought Vieira would be a good investment at 3.15m on PS) if not would run POTM Nkunku with POTM Fofana.