Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • Argie8
    6752 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I'm starting to accept your not @Doofus but only because I think your a parody account of him 😂

    So I make a reasonable argument for Origi being a decent 5th/6th choice back-up forward, and then I get accused once again, of being someone else or a parody of them?

    Honestly, what is the point? It's like people don't want to debate on a forum. Absolutely bizarre.

    I mean, it's one thing other fans disagreeing with you, but when every single other Liverpool fan disagrees it's another.

    You're always entitled to your opinion of course, but then you act so surprise when others disagree with you.

    There comes a point where.. if 20 others disagree with your opinion, it most likely isn't correct.

    *freeze frame*

    It was correct.

    Oh god. The same boring conversation again that comes after a win

    Have a day off
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Argie8 wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I'm starting to accept your not @Doofus but only because I think your a parody account of him 😂

    So I make a reasonable argument for Origi being a decent 5th/6th choice back-up forward, and then I get accused once again, of being someone else or a parody of them?

    Honestly, what is the point? It's like people don't want to debate on a forum. Absolutely bizarre.

    I mean, it's one thing other fans disagreeing with you, but when every single other Liverpool fan disagrees it's another.

    You're always entitled to your opinion of course, but then you act so surprise when others disagree with you.

    There comes a point where.. if 20 others disagree with your opinion, it most likely isn't correct.

    *freeze frame*

    It was correct.

    Oh god. The same boring conversation again that comes after a win

    Have a day off

    Never.

    Being one of only 2 people that still backed Origi and Minamino means I can definitely revel in it when they impress. I will continue to hold my victories aloft like Rafiki did Simba.

    Don't like it? Ignore it.
  • Pietu
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Okay guys just so everyone is clear, 12 game weeks is obviously not enough time to prove anything.

    Unless of-course we are talking about Origi or depth in general, then 12 GWs is the critical amount.

    Classic straw man argument after making a fool out of yourself.

    Depth/back up options are tested continuously throughout the season.

    A predicted League finish has no ambiguity whatsoever.

    What if Covid.2 happens and the season gets called off at the 12 game mark? It's honestly like you don't even factor in these things.

    Nice change of tact. I’ll take that as an admission of defeat. Think before you post, next time.

    The fact your still taking anything I say as serious is a big win to me 🎣

    So what I said was right, then?

    No.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pietu wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Okay guys just so everyone is clear, 12 game weeks is obviously not enough time to prove anything.

    Unless of-course we are talking about Origi or depth in general, then 12 GWs is the critical amount.

    Classic straw man argument after making a fool out of yourself.

    Depth/back up options are tested continuously throughout the season.

    A predicted League finish has no ambiguity whatsoever.

    What if Covid.2 happens and the season gets called off at the 12 game mark? It's honestly like you don't even factor in these things.

    Nice change of tact. I’ll take that as an admission of defeat. Think before you post, next time.

    The fact your still taking anything I say as serious is a big win to me 🎣

    So what I said was right, then?

    No.

    Except it clearly was, unless you can explain how it wasn’t?
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    In conclusion.

    Has our depth helped keep us in the title race and the CL race so far? Yep.

    Are we still in the title race? Yep.

    Does predicting a team to finish 4th essentially mean you’ve written them off as genuine title contenders? Yep.

    But.. no.

    Literally last week you were 4th, yet you said you're still in the title race ffs.

    What if the season is very tight and only 5-10 points separate 1st from 4th. Which is the situation most people thought would happen, the top 4 would be tight. Yes I know there were the odd couple of people who said you will finish 4th and not win the title, but the majority said 4th but the whole top 4 will be tight.

    And I know now that's more a top 3 unless United massively get a manager boost.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    @VVD4 do you live to gain internet points on here or something?
  • Pietu
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    In conclusion.

    Has our depth helped keep us in the title race and the CL race so far? Yep.

    Are we still in the title race? Yep.

    Does predicting a team to finish 4th essentially mean you’ve written them off as genuine title contenders? Yep.

    But.. no.

    Literally last week you were 4th, yet you said you're still in the title race ffs.

    What if the season is very tight and only 5-10 points separate 1st from 4th. Which is the situation most people thought would happen, the top 4 would be tight. Yes I know there were the odd couple of people who said you will finish 4th and not win the title, but the majority said 4th but the whole top 4 will be tight.

    And I know now that's more a top 3 unless United massively get a manager boost.

    @VVD4 Pretty much this.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    In conclusion.

    Has our depth helped keep us in the title race and the CL race so far? Yep.

    Are we still in the title race? Yep.

    Does predicting a team to finish 4th essentially mean you’ve written them off as genuine title contenders? Yep.

    But.. no.

    Literally last week you were 4th, yet you said you're still in the title race ffs.

    What if the season is very tight and only 5-10 points separate 1st from 4th. Which is the situation most people thought would happen, the top 4 would be tight. Yes I know there were the odd couple of people who said you will finish 4th and not win the title, but the majority said 4th but the whole top 4 will be tight.

    And I know now that's more a top 3 unless United massively get a manager boost.

    Because we are still in the race.

    It won’t be tight. I can assure you that 4th place will be more than 10 points behind 1st place, come the end of the season. That is why I say predicting a team to finish 4th = saying they’re not serious contenders. If anyone genuinely thought that 1st to 4th would be tight, then they’re even more deluded than I thought. When was the last time a team finished 4th but were considered title challengers to the end? Don’t be daft.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Ashy wrote: »
    @VVD4 do you live to gain internet points on here or something?

    You think internet points is your ally. But you merely adopted internet points. I was born in it. Moulded by it.
  • Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    @VVD4 do you live to gain internet points on here or something?

    You think internet points is your ally. But you merely adopted internet points. I was born in it. Moulded by it.

    If I remove your Internet points, will you die?
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    @VVD4 do you live to gain internet points on here or something?

    You think internet points is your ally. But you merely adopted internet points. I was born in it. Moulded by it.

    If I remove your Internet points, will you die?

    I would cease to exist. Alas, it’s not possible. My victories are etched in virtual stone.
  • Tornado31619
    30903 posts National Team Captain
    VVD4 wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    @VVD4 do you live to gain internet points on here or something?

    You think internet points is your ally. But you merely adopted internet points. I was born in it. Moulded by it.

    If I remove your Internet points, will you die?

    I would cease to exist. Alas, it’s not possible. My victories are etched in virtual stone.

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sake, you bottled it.
    latest?cb=20170509104052
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2021
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    In conclusion.

    Has our depth helped keep us in the title race and the CL race so far? Yep.

    Are we still in the title race? Yep.

    Does predicting a team to finish 4th essentially mean you’ve written them off as genuine title contenders? Yep.

    But.. no.

    Literally last week you were 4th, yet you said you're still in the title race ffs.

    What if the season is very tight and only 5-10 points separate 1st from 4th. Which is the situation most people thought would happen, the top 4 would be tight. Yes I know there were the odd couple of people who said you will finish 4th and not win the title, but the majority said 4th but the whole top 4 will be tight.

    And I know now that's more a top 3 unless United massively get a manager boost.

    Because we are still in the race.

    It won’t be tight. I can assure you that 4th place will be more than 10 points behind 1st place, come the end of the season. That is why I say predicting a team to finish 4th = saying they’re not serious contenders. If anyone genuinely thought that 1st to 4th would be tight, then they’re even more deluded than I thought. When was the last time a team finished 4th but were considered title challengers to the end? Don’t be daft.

    In 13-14, the top 4 were separated by 7 points. It's happened before and it can happen again. 07-08 it was 11 points. Couple other seasons 12 points.

    In general a few of your points I can see your point of view, but this one is silly tbh. How you can't accept that saying you'll finish 4th doesn't necessarily rule you out of the race is just your pride getting in the way. It's perfectly feasible to happen especially with the strength of all 4 sides.

    Yes obviously United have fallen out of that, but City, Chelsea and Liverpool could all easily finish very tightly together.
  • WryLucky
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    If Liverpool win the league he'll reach his final form.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    In conclusion.

    Has our depth helped keep us in the title race and the CL race so far? Yep.

    Are we still in the title race? Yep.

    Does predicting a team to finish 4th essentially mean you’ve written them off as genuine title contenders? Yep.

    But.. no.

    Literally last week you were 4th, yet you said you're still in the title race ffs.

    What if the season is very tight and only 5-10 points separate 1st from 4th. Which is the situation most people thought would happen, the top 4 would be tight. Yes I know there were the odd couple of people who said you will finish 4th and not win the title, but the majority said 4th but the whole top 4 will be tight.

    And I know now that's more a top 3 unless United massively get a manager boost.

    Because we are still in the race.

    It won’t be tight. I can assure you that 4th place will be more than 10 points behind 1st place, come the end of the season. That is why I say predicting a team to finish 4th = saying they’re not serious contenders. If anyone genuinely thought that 1st to 4th would be tight, then they’re even more deluded than I thought. When was the last time a team finished 4th but were considered title challengers to the end? Don’t be daft.

    In 13-14, the top 4 were separated by 7 points. It's happened before and it can happen again. 07-08 it was 11 points. Couple other seasons 12 points.

    In general a few of your points I can see your point of view, but this one is silly tbh. How you can't accept that saying you'll finish 4th doesn't necessarily rule you out of the race is just your pride getting in the way. It's perfectly feasible to happen especially with the strength of all 4 sides.

    Yes obviously United have fallen out of that, but City, Chelsea and Liverpool could all easily finish very tightly together.

    So in the past decade+ it’s been less than 10 points once? Yeah, you must be right then!

    It was never happening this season.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    WryLucky wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the league he'll reach his final form.

    Isn't that just Doofus?
  • WryLucky
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the league he'll reach his final form.

    Isn't that just Doofus?

    Could be something even worse.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the league he'll reach his final form.

    Isn't that just Doofus?

    Could be something even worse.

    I’d advise you all to log off for the summer.

    We’re unlikely to win it anyway. Always said that. City should.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    VVD4 wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the league he'll reach his final form.

    Isn't that just Doofus?

    Could be something even worse.

    I’d advise you all to log off for the summer.

    We’re unlikely to win it anyway. Always said that. City should.

    I think that's when we all pact together and block you
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or you could just admit that I was right all along and move on.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Or you could just admit that I was right all along and move on.

    I don't think it will come to that anyway, Chelsea will win the league and Liverpool/City will follow doesn't matter the position because of how close it will be, the position that will matter is #1 and that will be Chelsea and it is you that will eat you words for not respecting them all season and not acknowleding them in the title race.
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Or you could just admit that I was right all along and move on.

    I don't think it will come to that anyway, Chelsea will win the league and Liverpool/City will follow doesn't matter the position because of how close it will be, the position that will matter is #1 and that will be Chelsea and it is you that will eat you words for not respecting them all season and not acknowleding them in the title race.

    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

    City/Liverpool should prevail.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21493 posts Club Captain
    55 new messages

    Haven’t read yet but guaranteed to be a waste of time
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    55 new messages

    Haven’t read yet but guaranteed to be a waste of time

    Don't bother trust me, maybe 2 worthy comments in that 55 and one of them is two posts up
  • LFC Simon 98
    21493 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    55 new messages

    Haven’t read yet but guaranteed to be a waste of time

    Don't bother trust me, maybe 2 worthy comments in that 55 and one of them is two posts up

    Yea I glanced but decided not to bother lol
  • VVD4
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Ashy wrote: »
    55 new messages

    Haven’t read yet but guaranteed to be a waste of time

    Don't bother trust me, maybe 2 worthy comments in that 55 and one of them is two posts up

    It takes two to tango.

    Or in my case, I have a handful of people trying to dance with me at all times.

    It wouldn’t turn into 55 notifications every time if people weren’t constantly engaging :D

    I can’t help that I’m so addicting, though.

    Can’t have your cake and eat it, lads.
  • Sercs
    21504 posts Club Captain
    Nice to see the win on the weekend!

    Going to be insanely tough with City & Chelsea looking so solid too.

    How do you boys see it?
  • Argie8
    6752 posts Big Money Move
    Sercs wrote: »
    Nice to see the win on the weekend!

    Going to be insanely tough with City & Chelsea looking so solid too.

    How do you boys see it?

    I think 3rd is the most realistic position for us at this point unless something significant changes

    Hopefully we can win the champions league or fa cup
  • Wyojasond
    17559 posts World Class
    edited November 2021
    Sercs wrote: »
    Nice to see the win on the weekend!

    Going to be insanely tough with City & Chelsea looking so solid too.

    How do you boys see it?

    I like us for a champions league run. Attack is flying and I think that can carry us across any two legs.

    League is tough. Chelsea are a machine at the moment. There attack has its moments of brain farts but there defense is still operating at elite levels. Ultimately I think that carries them to the title. Still not sure what to think of city. Feels a bit like the season they finished second to us. If our midfield stays healthy, we will be there all year….that’s a big ask though.
  • Pietu
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    LET'S GOOO, WE'VE GOT SNOWWWWWWW!!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.