Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    11687 posts Has That Special Something
    I love Taki
  • VVD4
    2896 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tsimikas has surely made a case to be a starter now? He seems to be extremely good every time he plays. I get that Robertson is a very hard player to drop, though.
  • VVD4
    TAF1ulj.gif

Ridiculous header by Jota.
  • Cyodine
    4409 posts National Call-Up
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Tsimikas has surely made a case to be a starter now? He seems to be extremely good every time he plays. I get that Robertson is a very hard player to drop, though.

Difficult choice for sure but I think Robbo starts unless he picks up a knock or somehow is in bad form. I can't see Klopp dropping Robbo for anything other than that. Robbo has basically been the embodiment of a Klopp player with his relentless energy and never turning off. Tsimikas also has the same energy that Robbo gives off and deserves every minute he gets.

I imagine it's quite the headache for Klopp to see how Tsimikas has been developing. That LB position could be the one position that is being challenged right now but I don't think Tsimikas will win out until next season if he continues to improve. Robbo is in or will be entering into his prime years, so we might be seeing Robbo's best seasons to come. Regardless, it's amazing that we have arguably two of the best LB's in the league.
  • Cyodine
    TAF1ulj.gif

Ridiculous header by Jota.

Two ridiculous headers, the one from Tsimikas to make it all happen.
  • Pxul_
    Kostas Tsimikas - 7 clean sheets in 7 starts and 7 wins out of 7. 👏
  • Pxul_

• Pxul_
    POTM TAA incoming
  • VVD4
    eZeomWV.gif

Unbelievable composure.
  • Wyojasond
    17557 posts World Class
    Now stay healthy you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 😂😂😂

• Cyodine
    eZeomWV.gif

Unbelievable composure.

I can't think of a single Arsenal player that stood out today. They all looked so tame, even when Jota scores, nobody looks visibly upset. I couldn't make out a single leader in their team who was commanding or anything, the most docile team ever.

Even United put up more of a fight when we were raking them over the coals. You could see the tension rising but against Arsenal today there was none of that. They really need to add some players who have a bit of a bite to their team, no aggression what so ever.
  • VVD4
    Cyodine wrote: »
    eZeomWV.gif

Unbelievable composure.

I can't think of a single Arsenal player that stood out today. They all looked so tame, even when Jota scores, nobody looks visibly upset. I couldn't make out a single leader in their team who was commanding or anything, the most docile team ever.

Even United put up more of a fight when we were raking them over the coals. You could see the tension rising but against Arsenal today there was none of that. They really need to add some players who have a bit of a bite to their team, no aggression what so ever.

Yeah it was pathetic. The worst bit for me was the way Ramsdale was believing his own hype, laughing at the easy TAA save like he’s invincible, only to do terribly for Mane’s goal moments later, and concede 3 in the second half. I thought Partey and their LB stood out, tbh.

In the sense that they were atrociously bad.

Look at Partey for that Jota goal. Pathetic.
  • Wyojasond
    17557 posts World Class
    Klopp said Jota has a pretty good knock on his knee from the Ramsdale coming together. Can easily sit out Porto, but hopefully nothing too major.
  • Stlducks
    7994 posts League Winner
    Wyojasond wrote: »

I can’t believe they have only played 11 league games together.
  • ViVaWho
    248 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    which makes that stat even more pointless
  • VVD4
    edited November 2021
    Stlducks wrote: »

I can’t believe they have only played 11 league games together.

Fabinho was at CB for a while after we lost VVD and Gomez to long term injuries. He played 17 PL games at CB last season. This stat clearly states that it’s about when they’ve both started together in midfield.

Edit: in other words, they’ve actually played a fair amount more than just 11 together.
  • tilen11
    7033 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWho wrote: »
    which makes that stat even more pointless

oooo viva youre back with all the negativity <3 you were missed
  • VVD4
    edited November 2021
    Porto at home next. What team do you want to see? Bearing in mind that the group is already won.
  • Wyojasond
    17557 posts World Class
    Have a feeling he’ll stick with mane and Salah. They always want to play and both are having fun scoring. Minamino should start.

Thiago and Fabinho should be rested, but I bet one starts. Konate 100% should start. Would be a nice game for Kelleher too. Stick with Tsimikas and maybe give a kid a start. Who came in at the end of the Arsenal game. Blanking on his name.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21493 posts Club Captain
    Porto at home next. What team do you want to see? Bearing in mind that the group is already won.

I don’t see much change from the first Xi tbh
  • Pietu
    10770 posts Has That Special Something

Gomez starting.
  • VVD4
    Pietu wrote: »

Gomez starting.

Pretty sure he’s injured.
  • Stlducks
    7994 posts League Winner
    Have a feeling he’ll stick with mane and Salah. They always want to play and both are having fun scoring. Minamino should start.

Thiago and Fabinho should be rested, but I bet one starts. Konate 100% should start. Would be a nice game for Kelleher too. Stick with Tsimikas and maybe give a kid a start. Who came in at the end of the Arsenal game. Blanking on his name.

Morton?

With Liverpool’s injuries and how many fixtures are coming up, Klopp should rotate most of the XI.
  • Cyodine
    I don't want us to lose but if we lose to Porto, then that means Atletico is out. I do think we should rest most of our main XI and let some players see some minutes, no point in risking injuries for a match that means nothing.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21493 posts Club Captain
    I don't want us to lose but if we lose to Porto, then that means Atletico is out. I do think we should rest most of our main XI and let some players see some minutes, no point in risking injuries for a match that means nothing.

Financially it’s a big deal.

€2.5mil for a group stage win iirc, I know to fans it doesn’t matter much but to the owners it certainly does.
  • Snugglebites
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    What is life without the routine annihilation of Porto?
  • Cyodine

Financially it’s a big deal.

€2.5mil for a group stage win iirc, I know to fans it doesn’t matter much but to the owners it certainly does.

Valid point. I'm sure we'll put up a good side to stop Porto, I'm sure our attack want as many CL goals as they can get.
  • VVD4

Remember during the summer, when it was an actual debate as to whether we had the best forwards in the League? :D
  • El_Nino
    8971 posts League Winner
    Shame the rest of the teams letting you down so much I suppose.
  • VVD4
    edited November 2021
    arsenalap wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I'm starting to accept your not @Doofus but only because I think your a parody account of him 😂

So I make a reasonable argument for Origi being a decent 5th/6th choice back-up forward, and then I get accused once again, of being someone else or a parody of them?

Honestly, what is the point? It's like people don't want to debate on a forum. Absolutely bizarre.

I mean, it's one thing other fans disagreeing with you, but when every single other Liverpool fan disagrees it's another.

You're always entitled to your opinion of course, but then you act so surprise when others disagree with you.

There comes a point where.. if 20 others disagree with your opinion, it most likely isn't correct.

*freeze frame*

It was correct.