FIFA 22 Derby County Career Mode - Rooney's Revolution!

Comments

• CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will definitely check it out
  • ArladArlad
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey Guys, having just posted up EPISODE 6 to my YouTube Channel it is time now for our October Update!

Before I get into it just wanted to say a quick shout out to @Danimal5981 who messaged to enquire about my absence from the forums this week I have not been well with sore throat but I'm back now. Our games this time see us finish the October schedule; Vs Preston NE (A), Vs Luton Town (H), Vs Coventry City (A), Vs Blackburn (H).

Saturday 16th October 2021 Vs Preston NE AT Deepdale
    The home side had chances before the 14' minute go ahead goal by Scott Sinclair with the Derby defense giving him too much space in the box he lashed it in past Marshall. The lead only lasted 5 minutes when Jason Knight equalized after Ebosele's chipped cross into Knight he rounded Bauer who had fell to ground and smashed in low past Declan Rudd. Marshall made some good saves denying Maguire and with time running out at the end of the 1st half Derby County took the lead after Knight's lovely skill on the right his cross found Bobby Duncan who volleyed home from the 6yd box. Five minutes after the break and Chair broke through the defense to lash a shot off the post a huge let off for the Rams. On the hour that man Jason Knight popped up with his 2nd goal of the match, A poor back pass by the Preston fullback to Louie Watson and he slipped in Knight who slid the ball past an angry Declan Rudd who was once again exposed at the back. 3-1 up after the hour and Rooney's men looked to make it a firm bank result but Preston Captain Daniel Johnson had other ideas! His intricate 1-2 pass with Maguire and his back heel played Johnson into the box and he curled a shot beyond Marshall to reduce the score to 3-2 immediately. Twenty minutes left on the clock and Preston began to push for the equalizer and when Forsyth's clearance was headed back into the danger zone by Evans and Sinclair's neat first touch and finish into the near corner made it 3-3!! Five minutes later Marshall made a world class reaction stop from point blank range to deny Evans a header in front of goal, the Deepdale crowd rose once more as they felt that Derby had folded like a cheap set of cards. Evans set up the captain Daniel Johnson on the edge of the box and his first time volley beat Marshall but skimmed over the bar. Referee David Webb added on 6min of stoppage time and we were 5 minutes into it when Knight played the ball into Duncan on the edge of the box, he knocked it to his right to Hutchinson who drew the attention of both central defender and fullback leaving Tyree Wilson free in the box he slid a shot past Declan Rudd in stoppage time to win the game for the Rams in dramatic fashion!
    W 4-3

Tuesday 19th October 2021 Vs Luton Town AT Pride Park Stadium
    Back at home after a complicated win over Preston NE on Saturday we have a mid-week game against Luton Town who are 23rd in the league so very much a winnable match. Rooney's men going for a 2nd consecutive victory for the 1st time in his managerial reign. It was Rooney himself who made it 1-0 after the half hour, in bizarre circumstances after Tom Lawrence attempt to go beyond Bree from the left the ball looked to be going through to Sluga in goal, but Jozwiak intercepted and Sluga brought down the tricky polish winger, referee Gavin Ward had no hesitation pointing to the penalty spot but bizarrely didn't book or send off Sluga for a genuine goal scoring chance in the box.
    Luton although in a bad position in the Championship didn't want to leave without a fight and despite a few warnings Derby's faltering defense once again conceded, this time Hylton set up Campbell and he curled a shot past Roos into the corner scoring from the penalty spot unmarked!!! :#
    Fans had to endure long periods of home possession but they were rewarded on 68' when Tom Lawrence dribbled in from the left holding off his marker cut into the box and curled a wonderful precision shot into the far top corner beyond a flailing Sluga. The shot was beautiful, you just had to admire the precision and technique! five minutes later Lawrence turned provider on the counter attack found himself in a central position played the ball behind the defense and Kamil Jozwiak accelerated away from Lockyer into the box to fire it beyond Sluga making it 3-1! With time remaining and the clock on 84' Luton came forward for one last shout, Bree exchanging passes down the right flank and passing into Adebayo to once again cut the deficit to 3-2. Derby's defense again has plenty of weaknesses and even from a team struggling in the bottom half it was too easy for Luton to pick holes. Rooney will have to seriously consider this if we're to get on a run to mid-table we have to improve defensively. W 3-2

Saturday 23rd October 2021 - Vs Coventry City (A) AT CBS Arena
    At the CBS Arena to take on Coventry after back to back wins for the first time under Rooney's managerial stewardship and the travelling fans in good voice the team in good spirits lifting ourselves away from the relegation zone and closer to the mid-table objective. We only had to wait 18' for the Rams to strike first, Hutchinson setting up Louie Watson who curled a shot near post beyond Wilson who couldn't react in time.
    Coventry kept looking to their striker Waghorn but he missed 3 crucial chances before the home side equalized 6 minutes from HT, Nathan Byrne made a great interception but lost out to Waghorn on the edge of his own box, before he set up Matt Godden for City's equalizer. Rooney looked annoyed on the touchline particularly as the ball was given away by an experienced defender, once again highlighting the errors at the back. Both sides still very much in the contest after the hour and when Davies interception in midfield left him out of position a quick throughball sent O'Hare racing away for Coventry, he was brought down by Craig Forsyth just as he reached the area and referee Andy Woolmer sent off Forsyth for the challenge, there was some disagreement from the veteran defender but he could have no complaints it was a cynical challenge denying O'Hare a genuine scoring chance. Rooney on the touchline seeing his problems compounded stood and watched as his side battled for the next 15/20 minutes. With 8 minutes remaining Coventry pressed for the winner and O'Hare setting up Hamer in the box was unlucky to see his shot fly over from close range. Time closing down Derby obviously happy to get the point at 1-1 but Dabo's poor pass seized upon by Shinnie and he played the pass through to Hutchinson who in turn set up Tyree Wilson on the edge of the box, with his back to goal and looking to take advantage of Dabo's bad pass he paused for support none other than Nathan Byrne on the overlap who crossed for Kamil Jozwiak to clip a glancing header beyond Wilson in the Coventry goal and the home side looked like they all got mugged! The full time whistle blew and Rooney knew he had luck on his side today, his team never stopped fighting despite being a man down and did well to take advantage of a bad play at the end to steal a 3rd successive win!
    W 2-1

Saturday 30th October 2021 - Vs Blackburn Rovers AT Pride Park Stadium
    We return home in high spirits after our 3rd successive win saw us climb to 11th in the standings! Rovers are in the top 6 and gunning for those promotion spots so this would be a stern test, one in which Rooney's Rams shakey defense would definitely fail. It only took Rovers 11' minutes to open the scoring, after some good interplay down the right between Tyrhys Dolan and Bradley Dack the ball popped up in the middle for Mostovoy to smash home Rovers 1st goal, the contest was being won/lost in the middle with Lewis Travis and Eric Bicfalvi for Rovers proving too strong and too composed in the middle. Before the 30 minute mark it was 2-0, once again Rams were 2nd to every ball and with Craig Forsyth suspended following his red card at Coventry last week young Jordan Brown stepped into the center of defense and had a torrid afternoon, Bicfalvi stepped over his challenge and breezed past him into the box before unleashing a savage shot that clipped the underside of the bar and dropped down into the corner to make it 2-0. Rovers didn't seem to be out of 2nd gear and it very much was men against boys out here. Despite the Rams showing some significant improvement Jozwiak, Sibley and even James Scott all missed chances before Rovers made it 3-0 on 63' minutes, a cross from the left wing brought down by Sam Gallagher and his shot was initially blocked by Brown but his turn and follow up shot found the far corner to make it 3! The home crowd were raging by this point, some of them wanting more from Derby and Rooney pulled off his tracksuit and came onto the field. With 9 minutes remaining a long kick by Roos and James Scott tangled with Dragovic was brought down in the center circle but the ball bounced beyond the defenders for Rooney to run onto it a clear path to goal, referee James Linington waved on the advantage and Rooney rolled back the years to curl a lovely finesse shot past Kazminski's top left corner. The score looked a little more respectable even at 3-1, but on 91' minutes Eric Bicfalvi (surely MOTM) lashed in Rovers 4th goal from close range to compound the Rams misery and end their 3 game winning good form. :(

After match Interview Rooney said
    I don't always highlight or single out certain players but in our case we did miss both Forsyth and Shinnie today, credit to Rovers their men in the middle were excellent, we have to take this on the chin and take some positive from the fact of our small accomplishment of winning those 3 games to lift us away from danger but today is a wake up call for the lads to not get complacent we were always going to be up against it but those who stepped in know they have to give more when players are missing

Reporter You've managed to win those 3 games Wayne, but there has been some talk about the teams inability to keep clean sheets, is there anything you can do to improve the situation or are you stuck in a rut?

Rooney I think myself and the players have shown a responsibility to try, we can't keep making the same mistakes and we certainly can not use the financial situation to feel sorry for ourselves. Every player wants to improve and I know that, it's up to me and the trainers here to improve them and work on getting better defensively as a unit, it's not about one player and if we all work at our own selves it's just a matter then of bringing it together as a team on the day

So the Rams have escaped any relegation zone temporarily for now as we head into a very busy November schedule (EP7) Vs Barnsley (A), Vs Millwall (A), Vs Bournemouth (H) and (EP8) Vs Fulham (A), Vs QPR (H). and Bristol City (A). I hope you guys enjoyed this written review, of course I welcome any and all channel comments over on my YT Channel if you have a spare 10 minutes in the evening. Thanks everyone for your continued interest and encouragement.
    ~Arlad
  • Unfortunately I haven't been able to get into the videos nothing to do with you I just struggle to stay invested in any YouTube, think its the ADHD in me 🤣

Obviously a bit late, but if you hadn't decided yet I'd have gone for a loan option personally, but one who you may consider buying so be good to have a buy option included as well.

• ArladArlad
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to get into the videos nothing to do with you I just struggle to stay invested in any YouTube, think its the ADHD in me 🤣
    Obviously a bit late, but if you hadn't decided yet I'd have gone for a loan option personally, but one who you may consider buying so be good to have a buy option included as well.

No problem lad, that is why I provide textual updates here on the forums too :) In making the episode content for my channel and providing both text updates I am trying to cover bases, feel free to jump in/out as you please and I appreciate you letting me know. :)
    ~Arlad
  • Steffolovitch
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    Three narrow wins, brilliant, and then a minor thrashing by Blackburn. Too bad you couldn't hold them on a two goal win...

Busy November ahead. Would be great, at some point, to be able to see a league table to compare Derby to their rivals in the Championship.
  • Preston game sounds like a thriller and with Marshall coming to the rescue in the end before Hutchinson grabbing a winner. Exciting stuff.

Then grabbing 2nd consecutive victory for first time and instantly getting a 3rs5. Shame about the Blackburn result to end the little run. Hopefully pick themselves back up and start another one.
  • ArladArlad
    Three narrow wins, brilliant, and then a minor thrashing by Blackburn. Too bad you couldn't hold them on a two goal win...

Busy November ahead. Would be great, at some point, to be able to see a league table to compare Derby to their rivals in the Championship.

thanks :D yeah, I try and post league tables every 1/4 of the season, the most recent table after 11GP was posted here last week (Oct 28) if you scroll down on page 1 of the thread you should see it ;)
    the next updated table will be at the halfway point of the season after 23GP :)
  • CHYP2074
    Geez I read the financial thing it's hard for you, especially since loaning players is actually really hard this year onFIFA.
    I also wonder what your XI is and your defensive tactics?
  • Steffolovitch
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    ArladArlad wrote: »
    I try and post league tables every 1/4 of the season, the most recent table after 11GP was posted here last week (Oct 28) if you scroll down on page 1 of the thread you should see it ;)

Sorry, you're right, totally forgot about that.
  • ArladArlad
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    Geez I read the financial thing it's hard for you, especially since loaning players is actually really hard this year onFIFA.
    I also wonder what your XI is and your defensive tactics?

Ah that is why the videos are important :D but since you asked;
    GK-Roos
    RWB-Byrne
    CB-Davies
    CB-Forsyth
    LWB-Buchanan
    CDM-Bird
    CDM-Shinnie
    RM-Jozwiak
    CAM-Sibley
    LM-Lawrence
    ST-Scott

I believe instructions and tactics are derby's default 4231, Pressure on heavy touch team width:50 team depth:50 slow build up and possession based attack 60 width. :)
  • CHYP2074
    I assume you're taking a little break?
  • ArladArlad
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    I assume you're taking a little break?

Hey, I actually did take a break over Christmas and New Year, the latest title update has funked with both my Oldham save and I am pretty sure my Derby one, it is playable but unfortunately not all my Squad #s are fixed, I have not yet decided if I am going to continue with Derby since I just started a new CM save with Wimbledon and Greg Halford called Halford's Heroes.