FIFA 22 Icon/Hero Discussion [reviews, prices, advice]

Comments

• Scutch
    19739 posts Club Captain
    MattDufc14 wrote: »
    ZlatanFC wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    90 Del P for 940k or Di Natale for 750k to play CAM? Di Natale has the better stats but Del Piero is Del Piero. Huge difference in price between the two and i'm worried heroes are at the risk of EA crashing the hero market at any point.

As are icons, really. Especially with Swaps coming up soon.

I don’t think they’ll crash icons. Usually icons are stable and around the same price every year. This is what EA wants. They crash gold cards so you have to buy more packs to get good coin. They need top tier icons to be very expensive tho, so that people who want Eusebio, R9 or Gullit have to buy a ton of packs. If icons were cheap people would spend less money on packs.

Went and got 90 Del P for 925k. Lowest i'v seen him so happy to buy.

If he's in icon swaps he could well crash but i'm happy to take the gamble.

Heroes on the other hand have the free ones being handed out in December and the rumoured upgraded ones scare me. Can only see them going down.

Is that on PS mate? I bought him for 820k on XB 3 days ago. He’s great but I sold for profit.
  • ZlatanFC
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    90 Del P for 940k or Di Natale for 750k to play CAM? Di Natale has the better stats but Del Piero is Del Piero. Huge difference in price between the two and i'm worried heroes are at the risk of EA crashing the hero market at any point.

I don’t think they’ll crash icons. Usually icons are stable and around the same price every year. This is what EA wants. They crash gold cards so you have to buy more packs to get good coin. They need top tier icons to be very expensive tho, so that people who want Eusebio, R9 or Gullit have to buy a ton of packs. If icons were cheap people would spend less money on packs.

Heroes on the other hand have the free ones being handed out in December and the rumoured upgraded ones scare me. Can only see them going down.

Good call I think. If u check icon prices in fifa 21 on futbin they were lowest 1-2 weeks before Black Friday and actually went up right before Black Friday. Swaps is a risk ofc but one id be willing to take. All players eventually loose value over time but if you only go for coin conservation you’d have to stay liquid all year and start playing at tots. After all we want to play and have fun right.
  • MattDufc14
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect

Is that on PS mate? I bought him for 820k on XB 3 days ago. He’s great but I sold for profit.

Yea PS, always a bit more expensive.
  • ZlatanFC
    nowback2me wrote: »
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Does anyone with or played with 88 Vieira get the impression he's not quite the same as previous years? Something just isn't right, he's not as dominant, he's not in the right place at the right time, he doesn't win every tackle. Maybe its the gameplay. but, i'm half tempted to sell after just 2 days.

He's my favourite player in every other Fifa.

yes felt the same, been using him every FIFA prior, sold him after 20 or less game this FIFA.

What do you think it is, the gameplay? The new defending mechanics in the game? Something is just off with me, in previous Fifas, he'd intercept almost everything and make tackle after tackle. So far, after 9 games, i've not felt that, even if i get him in the right position, he won't intercept as much as im used to with him. Ironically. he seems better going forward than at defending this year.

Vieira is doing magic for me tbh. When I played him CM in 442 I wasnt a huge fan but CDM in 352, 4231 or 41212 narrow he's among the highest rated players in post match stats every single game. He might not be the best for jockeying, thats sth where Kante or even 91 Matthäus really shine, but nothing in this game is as insane as long legs and a good frame to me.
  • ZlatanFC
    Btw i also tried him at CB, game changing experience
  • Darthsinvadet
    1762 posts Fans' Favourite
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Does anyone with or played with 88 Vieira get the impression he's not quite the same as previous years? Something just isn't right, he's not as dominant, he's not in the right place at the right time, he doesn't win every tackle. Maybe its the gameplay. but, i'm half tempted to sell after just 2 days.

He's my favourite player in every other Fifa.

yes felt the same, been using him every FIFA prior, sold him after 20 or less game this FIFA.

What do you think it is, the gameplay? The new defending mechanics in the game? Something is just off with me, in previous Fifas, he'd intercept almost everything and make tackle after tackle. So far, after 9 games, i've not felt that, even if i get him in the right position, he won't intercept as much as im used to with him. Ironically. he seems better going forward than at defending this year.

Vieira is doing magic for me tbh. When I played him CM in 442 I wasnt a huge fan but CDM in 352, 4231 or 41212 narrow he's among the highest rated players in post match stats every single game. He might not be the best for jockeying, thats sth where Kante or even 91 Matthäus really shine, but nothing in this game is as insane as long legs and a good frame to me.

He’s amazing as usual. If you have tons of coins he’s worth every penny.
  • Lax22
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lax22 wrote: »
    Any mid Puskas reviews? Looks like a sick striker, im using Ginola right now, but feeling for a change.

Any more feedback from people who have used him?
  • Darthsinvadet
    1762 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any mid Puskas reviews? Looks like a sick striker, im using Ginola right now, but feeling for a change.

Any more feedback from people who have used him?
    The whole entire thread is part dedicated to him. Read previous posts/pages.
  • CfcBlue
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    Has anyone tried 91 eusebio vs 91 pele and can give honest opinions on which is better? I hear eusebio is the best finisher but I also hear Pele is almost as good as R9. ….. thanks
  • CfcBlue wrote: »
    Has anyone tried 91 eusebio vs 91 pele and can give honest opinions on which is better? I hear eusebio is the best finisher but I also hear Pele is almost as good as R9. ….. thanks

Baby Pele is a complete waste of coins.
  • CfcBlue
    Orison wrote: »
    CfcBlue wrote: »

It’s hard to take a comment like that seriously but if you care to give reasons I’d be interested.
  • Marto7
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect

whats your opinie on Eus 91 as ST ? Im not so satisfied with 91 pele as ccam and st also. On st hes good but not so good as 3m xbox coins. All this is based on oldgen gameplay. For comparison base Cruyff is much much better for me as CAM. Only bad thing about him is stamina, but need to get with it for everything else that he offers
    Is Cruyff middle worth the 500k more than base version? Is the difference ingame big ?
  • Marto7 wrote: »

whats your opinie on Eus 91 as ST ? Im not so satisfied with 91 pele as ccam and st also. On st hes good but not so good as 3m xbox coins. All this is based on oldgen gameplay. For comparison base Cruyff is much much better for me as CAM. Only bad thing about him is stamina, but need to get with it for everything else that he offers
    Is Cruyff middle worth the 500k more than base version? Is the difference ingame big ?

Always been an Euse fan.

It’s hard to take a comment like that seriously but if you care to give reasons I’d be interested.

2.8Mil for a guy with 84 shotpower and a 4* WF. Wouldn't be for me.
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up

I wish, tried 91 and 89 Euesebio before settling for the 89 and he shoots straight at the goalie or hits the posts/side of the goal way too much but maybe its my ping or something. Green time my shots as well, don't have the same issue with Ginola who I run in the same team.
  • CfcBlue
    Marto7 wrote: »

Always been an Euse fan.

So you haven’t tried 91 pele this year? Because his shot power is actually pretty amazing. But more to the point it was a question for those who have tried both. As someone who tried mid Cruyff as well, peles shot power was a lot more powerful even on the weak foot which netted more goals than cruyff.
  • UTFR
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any zidane reviews as a CM?
  • Bozza88
    2688 posts Fans' Favourite
    92 puskas
    91 maradona
    90 butra
    Or mbappe next to cantona at striker?
  • CfcBlue wrote: »

Always been an Euse fan.

So you haven’t tried 91 pele this year? Because his shot power is actually pretty amazing. But more to the point it was a question for those who have tried both. As someone who tried mid Cruyff as well, peles shot power was a lot more powerful even on the weak foot which netted more goals than cruyff.

I have tried 95 Pele and would put him below Euse.

But if you really wanna talk yourself into Pele then go for it. Nobody will stop you.

You are the one having to play with the card so if you know Euse is not for you then keep Pele.
  • ha032742
    44090 posts Moderator

Always been an Euse fan.

But if you really wanna talk yourself into Pele then go for it. Nobody will stop you.

You are the one having to play with the card so if you know Euse is not for you then keep Pele.

Whose account? :trollface:
  • ha032742 wrote: »

Always been an Euse fan.

Whose account? :trollface:

Whale of the year acc. Pele, R94, Euse and Mbappe front 4, Ruud and Vieira CM, Maldini and Cordoba CBs, Davies and Zambrotta fullbacks :D
  • Scottybtech
    1117 posts Professional
    Got the coins for cantona but can’t decide which version. Which one is better this year ?
  • Scottybtech
    1117 posts Professional
    Bozza88 wrote: »
    92 puskas
    91 maradona
    90 butra
    92 puskas
    91 maradona
    90 butra

@Bozza88 which cantona you using bro ?
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve used base pele, base Eusebio and base cruyff. They are completely different players from my experience. Finishing it goes 1. Eusebio 2. Pele 3. Cruyff. I feel like that one’s pretty obvious but it’s not even close how much better Eusebio’s finishing is. The only players I’ve found to have better finishing are mid puskas and R9.

Dribbling for me it goes
    1. Cruyff
    2. Pele
    3. Eusebio
    Cruyff is the most fluid dribbler I’ve used. I’d actually say he feels significantly better on the ball to Pele and eusebio. My biggest issue with eusebio is I just don’t know how to use him at times. He doesn’t have the close dribbling animations that Messi, Maradona and puskas have, while also not having the 5 star skills that Cruyff and and Pele provide. It’s sad catering to the meta, but I feel lost without the scoop turn at times.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    UTFR wrote: »

Base Zidane at cm/cdm is probably the most impactful player I’ve used this year. The 5 star combo seems like a luxury but you don’t really realise how vital it is until you sell him. I haven’t used any other players that can offer his passing, dribbling and shooting. I’ve lost count of all the games where he has single handedly won me the game.
  • nowback2me
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    I want to sell 88 Vieira but he is plummeting in price. Should i hold my nerve and wait until after Black Friday, he should rebound right?
  • Bozza88
    2688 posts Fans' Favourite
    92 puskas
    91 maradona
    90 butra
    92 puskas
    91 maradona
    90 butra

@Bozza88 which cantona you using bro ?

90 mate more complete
  • CfcBlue
    I’ve used base pele, base Eusebio and base cruyff. They are completely different players from my experience. Finishing it goes 1. Eusebio 2. Pele 3. Cruyff. I feel like that one’s pretty obvious but it’s not even close how much better Eusebio’s finishing is. The only players I’ve found to have better finishing are mid puskas and R9.

Dribbling for me it goes
    1. Cruyff
    2. Pele
    3. Eusebio
    Cruyff is the most fluid dribbler I’ve used. I’d actually say he feels significantly better on the ball to Pele and eusebio. My biggest issue with eusebio is I just don’t know how to use him at times. He doesn’t have the close dribbling animations that Messi, Maradona and puskas have, while also not having the 5 star skills that Cruyff and and Pele provide. It’s sad catering to the meta, but I feel lost without the scoop turn at times.

Yea I agree with that. I tried eusebio a couple times tonight. Finishing is great. One thing Pele has on top of the obvious things, his passing is god tier. When we I’m in a jam he finds ways to make stupid through balls or glitch passes that assist for an important goal.. kind of at a loss for who to keep between him or eus.
  • Spillaren
    2859 posts National Call-Up
    UTFR wrote: »

Base Zidane at cm/cdm is probably the most impactful player I’ve used this year. The 5 star combo seems like a luxury but you don’t really realise how vital it is until you sell him. I haven’t used any other players that can offer his passing, dribbling and shooting. I’ve lost count of all the games where he has single handedly won me the game.

I second that, used him as my more attacking CDM in a 4222 a few patches ago and was really good but felt a bit stiff in laggy gameplay.

Having said that I recently did the POTM Nkunku and even thou he don't have 5 star skill and weak foot combo, he is faster, better carrying the ball, better defensively IMO and have more goals scored for me than Zidane did after 15 games (which is a low sample size). So if you want that type of player I highly recommend POTM Nkunku.
  • MattDufc14
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So far so good with 90 Del P. Playing him CAM behind Arnie and his passing is on another level. Not had a player this year who comes close to his passing ability. Dribbling of course excellent. Not started scoring many with him yet but he’s just an assisting machine currently.
  • BcfcDale88
    7068 posts Big Money Move
    So far so good with 90 Del P. Playing him CAM behind Arnie and his passing is on another level. Not had a player this year who comes close to his passing ability. Dribbling of course excellent. Not started scoring many with him yet but he’s just an assisting machine currently.

Finesse you’ll score plenty