‘TOTW’ needs revamped or scrapped

Stinky123
86 posts Has Potential To Be Special
what is the point in TOTW anymore? every week there’s literally 2 or 3 usable cards and that’s it.

This “featured TOTW” trash needs to applied to basically every player on the TOTW not just one cause they’re pretty much all awful.

Comments

• Irishlion_04
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    Correct but they don’t care. They won’t change it even though it could be fun from week to week. But if they make it better it will cost them money because people won’t have to buy as many packs if they have good players from TOTW.

If they just get rid of it people will get angry too. It’s not going to change I’m afraid. The people in charge have to make more money than they did last year. Game is now capitalism at its worst. Just make profit & who cares about the rest or the consumer/people.
  • Stinky123
    Correct but they don’t care. They won’t change it even though it could be fun from week to week. But if they make it better it will cost them money because people won’t have to buy as many packs if they have good players from TOTW.

If they just get rid of it people will get angry too. It’s not going to change I’m afraid. The people in charge have to make more money than they did last year. Game is now capitalism at its worst. Just make profit & who cares about the rest or the consumer/people.

Yeah I agree completely, I’m playing Fifa less and less every week, no idea why or how people have the want to open packs and keep their game afloat. Game is so boring right now imo.
  • David12344
    20047 posts Club Captain
    Some were ok last year I think

• Dasco
    6772 posts Big Money Move
    Performance based cards = minimal stat increase. Player scores an insane long shot and receives a +2 longshot boost from his 46 base long shot stat.

Gimmick promos = Insane boosts on players
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Im down to maybe 2 or 3 games a week. 3 years back I was playing 30 or 40 a week plus.

Im actually looking for a new gaming fix on steam - fifa is just not worth playing this year at this point.
  • RogLeBell
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    One of the worst TOTW I’ve ever seen
  • Finesse_4days
    17441 posts World Class
    edited November 2021

It's an example of capitalism in a monopoly, in most sectors of business such as the restaurant business, if you give people ❤️❤️❤️❤️ food they will go over the road and eventually you will be forced to close.
    It's like the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ pub in a rural village that gets customers because its the only pub for miles on end. Pes isn't even competition any more as its complete trash.
  • Irishlion_04
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stinky123 wrote: »

Yeah I agree completely, I’m playing Fifa less and less every week, no idea why or how people have the want to open packs and keep their game afloat. Game is so boring right now imo.

It has been the most boring week I can ever remember. More and more apparent every decision they make is an effort to manipulate more money in their pockets but not happening from me.
  • DIAOdiidasd99d
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Increase the discard price to 20,000
  • Hocus_pocus
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2021
    I'm using totw delort savernier guendozi and atal in my ligue 1 squad I like the totw cards they usually give reasonable boosts imo for a small outlay. That's aside international game weeks totw generally tend to always be very poor
  • Grifan
    1799 posts Play-Off Hero
    Totw is made even worse by the fact the bigger players have to play out their skin to get a in form. So even if you have a week where neymar, ronaldo and mbappe all get say two goals, they might stil lose out to a championship striker. Totw is set up in a way to feed you constant dross.

Take the double in form boost aka the star player, no top player has received this and ones to watch players can’t get it… but everyone of these cards have been what 84 rated ?
  • Jackwc
    1350 posts Professional
    I like the TOTW.
  • David12344 wrote: »

I think I've used one or two IF players last year and two IFs this year (Felipe Anderson and red Cancelo). 99% of IFs are worse than the usual suspects let alone promo/SBC cards, 1% are very expensive +1/+2 upgrades of the usual suspects.
  • Stinky123
    Stinky123 wrote: »

It has been the most boring week I can ever remember. More and more apparent every decision they make is an effort to manipulate more money in their pockets but not happening from me.

I barely do the 6pm log in and out anymore honestly I just check Twitter and usually see people saying the content is bad so I don’t even bother 🤣
  • Diem
    821 posts Semi-Pro
    greif44x2 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »

I think I've used one or two IF players last year and two IFs this year (Felipe Anderson and red Cancelo). 99% of IFs are worse than the usual suspects let alone promo/SBC cards, 1% are very expensive +1/+2 upgrades of the usual suspects.

I think this is the issue, the TOTWs don't keep pace with the promos so they're rapidly superseded.
  • kdirt
    352 posts Sunday League Hero

Sadly true, when executives are in that big board room meeting and looking at the YoY sales results. It’s a no no for pack revenue to be down.
  • Safckje
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    I don’t know why they have anything lower than 84, they should boost anything into 84 for the first inform apart from silver star.
  • Uniack88
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waste time redeeming my weekend league.
    More trash reds and discard informs.

The only people who will get that red mbappe are the people who got red neymar and red salah and red son and red mane you know the ones who get the best picks every week week in week out
  • Ireland_US
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why don't EA do 34 players in each TOTW? The normal 23 and then add another 11. Then it could be perfectly balanced. Get some lower rated deserving players in there and also a couple of less deserving bigger name players in there.

Because there's always people like me that think lesser nations and leagues always get overlooked. Silver and bronze Players scoring hat tricks and missing out, its not fair! And then there's the people that say red picks arent good enough. 'Ah only two good red picks this week. Nevermind weekend league' Just expand the team and get a balance of each.
  • Fozberry
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think this is partly the player base again that has made them almost pointless.

We used to have the odd promos up till about FIFA 16/17, scream/toty/Paddy's/tots and maybe 1 or 2 others.

Everyone's screaming they're bored, it's not interesting enough, so EA peddle out another promo with more boosted shiny cards.

Now we've barely a week without more new boosted cards, so totw is rendered useless.

Personally I'd rather they do away with at least half the promos and only make 1 team for each one. Then totw will have value again.
  • Fozberry
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    Actually better idea, the totw can include the promo cards. So each week a random selection of totw are promos.
    So for example Kane gets his inform in numbers up, so gets a pace/dribbling boost and numbers up coloured card, along with another few featured totw.
    For future stars, any players under 23 in that totw will get a bigger boost and the future stars card.
    Better than the featured totw rubbish they've brought in!