Not playing again until next patch

SP300x
508 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited November 2021
What started off as an edition of fifa with decent gameplay has steadily declined further and further.

I dont think you can fully attribute the problem to be delay anymore, I think the gameplay is inherently bad and getting worse. The latest patch has completely destroyed any form of enjoyable gameplay. Player switching on defending is a very gamebreaking problem currently.

I will try again next patch.

Comments

• SP300x
    I have a huge problem with dribbling. My players with 90+ dribbling feel stiff as hell. Maybe it's because of the mud gameplay. It's terrible.

Agree. I packed 91 pele out of base icon SBC and he can just about dribble.
  • Greg_18
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have average team, but left stick dribbling with Salah or Dybala for example is pure **** after patch. It is fifa 21 once again- Long ball, full sprint shoot park the bus. Build up play is not possible after patch, passing is nerfed. Game became unplayable. Idk if this is server failure or they changed something in wrong direction.
  • joehuk
    7650 posts League Winner
    Posted last night similar issues

I'll give it one more patch but certainly not playing before next patch.

Worst a FIFA has ever felt for me personally.
  • Just patch it back to release. It was perfect
  • Wi1son73
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If history repeats people will just say the next patch ruined the game and how great it was the patch before.

Maybe..

I’ve tried to stay clear of the patch threads as I genuinely enjoying the game. The 2nd patch done very little to my game, so again I just ignored the complaints as I was really enjoying Fifa for the first time since 18..
    2nd half stutter was annoying but general gameplay was good (for me)

But the 3rd patch is absolutely 100% interfered with my game. To the point it’s broken.. Not just delayed blah blah .. it’s broken my game. Animations…player movement… ball speeds.. my sprint button.. passing.. players intercepting the ball then move away from it…. Control of the ball is nonexistent…. Players ball teleporting through each other ..
    I have clips when I get time I’ll post them
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Since the last patch i've barely been able to play the game without a full 90mins of my players being stuck in the mud, every single game is an absolute grind and just so unfun, not sure what they done but my internet isn't even bad but almost every game is met by packet loss and the red square symbol at the top of the screen.
  • Jarigunner
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    Same here. First fifa game (skipped 21) i was really enjoying since 18 but now.....

Since the last patch my players can't seem to do anything right. delayed passes, no control over the ball, not intercepting the ball, players being stuck in mud and many other things makes the game totally unplayable for me.

I have ethernet connection into my PS5 so that shouldn't cause the problem.
  • hartley152
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is it just me or does anyone feel like they have to learn how to shoot again? my shots are going all over the place.
  • pes1972
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can´t feel any difference whatsoever since latest patch. Always a mystery how every new patch changes the game completely for some people
  • Wi1son73
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    This is just nonsense.. none of this was happening before the patch..

Broken .. rocket ball.

Intercepted it.. but I’ll walk away…

Kante intercepted it.. ball seems to have a rocket attacked.. Kante walks away..
  • i keep getting lag spikes... and the matchmatcking is horrible.. me from Romania i play with people from SPAIN who is closer to SERVER?me or him .. connection horrible glitches bugs horrible for a 70euro game ... even 40euro game .. disrespecting people .. Respect and you will be respected E.A !
  • SP300x
    If history repeats people will just say the next patch ruined the game and how great it was the patch before.

Gameplay has been rough for about 3 patches now. Dont think anyone has been praising previous patches.

Latest one is different in the way that its provided a game-long delay, rather than the lag in 2nd half.
  • AlexBear012
    3401 posts National Call-Up

Game releases: people say it's finally good

After first patch, regardless of what it changed: people say the game is really bad

After a few patches: people say this is the worst edition yet

People keep playing until next edition where it repeat itself

Honestly, if you keep buying the game knowing you will be in for a bad time... You kinda deserve it (almost lol)
  • Same complaints from me as every year.

NERF AI DEFENDING.

BUFF MANUAL DEFENDING OUTCOMES.

that’s it. And your game isn’t rubbish.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    I will say it again delay seems to be internally nothing to do with connection…This year things become clearer because connection is always good but reaction time and stupid ai movement got worse..nothing to do with connection..It is how the game is made.
  • Jimbomack87
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just played a couple of rivals amd the gameplay was awful. Took forever for my players to get to top speed. Forget normal passing. Its always underhit. To the point they pass it two yards and just stand there as the defender 8 yards away yoinks it away. Its a mess.
  • Springveldt
    6926 posts Big Money Move
    I will say it again delay seems to be internally nothing to do with connection…This year things become clearer because connection is always good but reaction time and stupid ai movement got worse..nothing to do with connection..It is how the game is made.
    The most obvious thing for me is when the opponent turns on constant pressure as your players just fall to bits. They suddenly can't control a pass, they start misplacing passes and they start turn like trucks. So delay is clearly just not your connection, there is something in the game engine causing it as well.

Bug or by design? EA have studies showing that frustrated gamers are more prone to impulsive decisions. Just look at @David12344 swapping teams every few days. :smile:
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    The most obvious thing for me is when the opponent turns on constant pressure as your players just fall to bits. They suddenly can't control a pass, they start misplacing passes and they start turn like trucks. So delay is clearly just not your connection, there is something in the game engine causing it as well.

Bug or by design? EA have studies showing that frustrated gamers are more prone to impulsive decisions. Just look at @David12344 swapping teams every few days. :smile:

I have no comeback here , I’m so guilty
    😂
  • Up
  • ValtorSadek
    313 posts Sunday League Hero

It's been like that for many versions of Fifa and I'm pretty sure it's the way they designed it. If I make a change to my tactics it should only affect how my players act and not affect my opponents players.

People turn on pressure ...fine, it should not turn my players into bronze cards suddenly unable to run as they did 2 secs ago.
  • pes1972
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2021

Exactly, it´s just pathetic to see all these threads when gameplay remains the same for 99% of everyone playing but unfortunately this final 1% is the people spamming this forum
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    This is just nonsense.. none of this was happening before the patch..

Broken .. rocket ball.

Intercepted it.. but I’ll walk away…

Kante intercepted it.. ball seems to have a rocket attacked.. Kante walks away..

This is what happens when people ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and moan at the start of the game every year.
    It was more or less perfect on release and now it's just a broken mess.
    I have personally stopped playing.
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1362 posts Play-Off Hero
    Literally all they had to do at the start was tone down finesse shots outside the box, and nerf the gk's inside the box slightly but they've turned the game into Fifa 21 again
  • SP300x
    Literally all they had to do at the start was tone down finesse shots outside the box, and nerf the gk's inside the box slightly but they've turned the game into Fifa 21 again

Yep gameplay yet again rewards players that sit back and break with no stamina drain to penalise
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional

@RadioShaq no one asked for any patch , the game on release was close to being perfect and best in recent years , sure some complained about GKs being too strong and some said that the game is too slow for their playing style , however I don’t recall anyone asking for drastic change in the game as we are witnessing nowadays. I won’t be surprised if the majority of player base would like the game to go back to how it was upon release
  • FlyingOkapis
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Royalwhite wrote: »

@RadioShaq no one asked for any patch , the game on release was close to being perfect and best in recent years , sure some complained about GKs being too strong and some said that the game is too slow for their playing style , however I don’t recall anyone asking for drastic change in the game as we are witnessing nowadays. I won’t be surprised if the majority of player base would like the game to go back to how it was upon release

This is what annoys me the most, subtle improvements to things that required it, not bringing back skill moves to ridiculous levels and making GK's suck.
  • Royalwhite wrote: »

This is what annoys me the most, subtle improvements to things that required it, not bringing back skill moves to ridiculous levels and making GK's suck.

Goalkeepers being bad is like a million times better than the other way round.

The AI should not bail you out ever.

And the game is largely exactly the same as on release.