1319 posts Professional
    JRD wrote: »
    Torn4do wrote: »
    Neal_hmfc wrote: »
    Stav93 wrote: »
    Whilst I agree that right now it must suck for the below average player, shouldn't it inspire you to get better and improve your skills? There are plenty of tutorials and all that jazz out there on social media, and if you really care enough about the game you should test yourself and try as best you can to improve. I absolutely suck at COD, but I know I'm dreadful, but because my mates all love it, I tag along and I've undoubtedly gotten better over time, though I'm still really bad, but the point is, if you want something enough you can achieve it.

I don't like or dislike the format this year, it absolutely benefits the better players, but better players should be rewarded for their skillset. I wouldn't get rid of Weekend League qualification, although I do think attempts shouldn't be limited per season, that's a bit naff and does run the risk of leaving those with nothing to do for weeks at a time.

This is where you are very wrong… by just rewarding the best players means the normal average players never get to experience what it is like to have a decent side, the gap gets bigger and so does the chances of getting better.

How fun is is to run with a 100k team against the best cards in the game being controlled by the best players..

People pay for the game and should be able to at some point play with the best cards…

Unless that is evened out it will never be a level playing field for anyone.

Every other online game it’s a level playing field.

The best players should be rewarded more for their skill, you are genuinely mad if you think otherwise. And even regardless of that, the discrepancy between the very best cards in the game and everything else, is so vast that even the average "good" player won't achieve the majority of them until the end of the cycle.

And it will never be a level playing field full stop, because the game always has, and always will be pay to win.

Just think about what you are saying… you think everyone should pay for a game but only the best can get to unlock the best players? Do go on and explain how that makes any sense…

Why shouldn’t average players get the chance to play with Mbappe, ronaldo, neymar, etc?

Why shouldn’t everyone get to play with the good players and have some fun? Why should they have crap teams all year and always be at a disadvantage?

Sport should be a level playing field!

You had a good point until your last sentence. Sport in virtually every country worldwide is about money. The rich get UCL money, the best TV deals and get richer. I'm struggling to think of any european league i'd say is a level playing field. Fifa is similar in that best players get the best rewards so keep getting richer.

The problem is that for Mbappe, Ronaldo, etc. to be available to average players (say div 6 and don't play weekend league) then good players would have them within a week. That takes away the grind for the good players so they play less and there will always be the gap.

Taking your example to an extreme but if everyone got the same players then what is the point in someone being elite playing 200 games a season when it doesn't get them better rewards than someone would get in D6. There would be no motivation so EA would lose their hardcore player base.

Goes back to what i've said a lot on here. I've not seen how many people have bought Fifa 22 but i'd guess around 35 million. When you have that many players all wanting different things EA can't win. Even if the game is perfect (which it definitely isn't) you'd probably still have 1% of players complaining. That is still 350,000 people who would make a lot of noise on forums, twitter and reddit.

If the game was a card collecting game I’d agree totally with you, but it’s meant to be an e-sport…

It would be great if everyone could have a great team and play for fun… problem is and always will be Fut Points… EA have decided it’s more important to create a divide to entice people to buy points…

Ea have created a game that used to be about making a realistic sports game and now resembles very little to do with the sport.

It’s a shame that greed means people pay for a game they will never get to play in its entirety.

But hey, that’s just my opinion… would be great if the kids could get a decent team to play with…

But if you want to use the e-sport line then if you’re being consistent you’d want open matchmaking across the board so people would lose their artificial 50% winrates. When that happens and they can’t blame fifa points and team disadvantage then they find something else to blame instead. Because these threads prove time and time again that people who are bad at fifa will find every reason imaginable rather than take the slightest bit of responsibility for the fact they’re simply not very good

Why would you have to open up matchmaking?

Simply set it up so that you can work towards getting the better cards in a non lottery set up, play for fun again… remember those days… good weren’t they.

Please explain why it’s fair to prevent ‘bad’ players as you describe them from playing with the best cards? This is a game that everyone has paid for, bad players don’t pay less… so why do they get less from it?

I’d be happy if it was the more you play the more you unlock.

• Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Whilst I agree that right now it must suck for the below average player, shouldn't it inspire you to get better and improve your skills? There are plenty of tutorials and all that jazz out there on social media, and if you really care enough about the game you should test yourself and try as best you can to improve. I absolutely suck at COD, but I know I'm dreadful, but because my mates all love it, I tag along and I've undoubtedly gotten better over time, though I'm still really bad, but the point is, if you want something enough you can achieve it.

I don't like or dislike the format this year, it absolutely benefits the better players, but better players should be rewarded for their skillset. I wouldn't get rid of Weekend League qualification, although I do think attempts shouldn't be limited per season, that's a bit naff and does run the risk of leaving those with nothing to do for weeks at a time.

This is where you are very wrong… by just rewarding the best players means the normal average players never get to experience what it is like to have a decent side, the gap gets bigger and so does the chances of getting better.

How fun is is to run with a 100k team against the best cards in the game being controlled by the best players..

People pay for the game and should be able to at some point play with the best cards…

The best players should be rewarded more for their skill, you are genuinely mad if you think otherwise. And even regardless of that, the discrepancy between the very best cards in the game and everything else, is so vast that even the average "good" player won't achieve the majority of them until the end of the cycle.

And it will never be a level playing field full stop, because the game always has, and always will be pay to win.

Just think about what you are saying… you think everyone should pay for a game but only the best can get to unlock the best players? Do go on and explain how that makes any sense…

Why shouldn’t average players get the chance to play with Mbappe, ronaldo, neymar, etc?

Why shouldn’t everyone get to play with the good players and have some fun? Why should they have crap teams all year and always be at a disadvantage?

You had a good point until your last sentence. Sport in virtually every country worldwide is about money. The rich get UCL money, the best TV deals and get richer. I'm struggling to think of any european league i'd say is a level playing field. Fifa is similar in that best players get the best rewards so keep getting richer.

The problem is that for Mbappe, Ronaldo, etc. to be available to average players (say div 6 and don't play weekend league) then good players would have them within a week. That takes away the grind for the good players so they play less and there will always be the gap.

Taking your example to an extreme but if everyone got the same players then what is the point in someone being elite playing 200 games a season when it doesn't get them better rewards than someone would get in D6. There would be no motivation so EA would lose their hardcore player base.

Goes back to what i've said a lot on here. I've not seen how many people have bought Fifa 22 but i'd guess around 35 million. When you have that many players all wanting different things EA can't win. Even if the game is perfect (which it definitely isn't) you'd probably still have 1% of players complaining. That is still 350,000 people who would make a lot of noise on forums, twitter and reddit.

If the game was a card collecting game I’d agree totally with you, but it’s meant to be an e-sport…

It would be great if everyone could have a great team and play for fun… problem is and always will be Fut Points… EA have decided it’s more important to create a divide to entice people to buy points…

Ea have created a game that used to be about making a realistic sports game and now resembles very little to do with the sport.

It’s a shame that greed means people pay for a game they will never get to play in its entirety.

But hey, that’s just my opinion… would be great if the kids could get a decent team to play with…

It's catch 22. If everyone had a great team from week 1 i'd guess engagement and everything else would fall massively. Part of what makes FUT so successful is that fear of missing out, hence why you get so many people on here that are addicted.

I agree with you and would love to be able to not play for 3 months then come back to a squad that is competitive but at the same time that isn't fair on the people that have played hundreds of games in they 3 months. I done it last year barely playing January to April and it was slightly harder when i came back but i still got the same rank in weekend league as always. It is easy for Fortnite and COD to be an e-sport as you don't need to rely on 10 AI controlled players so it is truely skill, but in FIFA i don't see how it is possible for them to balance this when you have players all of different ratings being controlled by AI.
  • RichT
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    False_Nine wrote: »

I think you’re vastly underestimating how bad some people are at this game. No amount of practice or YouTube tutorials is ever going to change that.

And while it’s true that better players should get better rewards, this gatekeeping is going to end up turning loads of people away from the game. To implement this checkpoint system so that people supposedly don’t stress about losing, and then turn around and say they’re not welcome in WL seems like a contradiction in terms.

And far as those that say WL should only be for “the best”, that kind of rings hollow when you can lose all 20 matches and still get rewarded.

Mature gamer and division 5 last year. I don't care about the weekend league because I don't have time for it. But feel sorry for others.

What I enjoyed last year was earning the free rubbish player EA provided. I really enjoyed the competition. Now due to the matchmaking system I can't even get that. What's worse is that at weekends the hardcore game exploiters were all distracted. Now half of them don't qualify and I have to play them whilst trying to earn the player.

For average players it takes way too many games. Win by two is the final straw. Last time I tried 15 games with one win by two. Two other players I thought I could beat who quit at 1:0. Average players have stopped playing.

What's left squad battles?

For all the flaws with the game last year I still enjoyed playing someone of my level. This year that doesn't happen.

As for saying YouTube videos can help. Most of them are aimed at exploiting the game and win at any cost. Not my thing.

Still upset about it, but I have stopped. It's not fun. This is a game, it has to be fun (occasionally).

I'm playing other stuff now and thinking about it. I should apologise to EA, by messing this up they have done me a huge favour.

• Stav93
    981 posts Semi-Pro
    Grahammbe2 wrote: »

Totally disagree it only benefits players who play frantic hump and run and swam over your deffenders
    Skill has been removed

Lol such a bitter, bad take. If that's the case, why are not all Pros? Obviously skill hasn't been removed... 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Murf1985
    1038 posts Professional

It's catch 22. If everyone had a great team from week 1 i'd guess engagement and everything else would fall massively. Part of what makes FUT so successful is that fear of missing out, hence why you get so many people on here that are addicted.

I agree with you and would love to be able to not play for 3 months then come back to a squad that is competitive but at the same time that isn't fair on the people that have played hundreds of games in they 3 months. I done it last year barely playing January to April and it was slightly harder when i came back but i still got the same rank in weekend league as always. It is easy for Fortnite and COD to be an e-sport as you don't need to rely on 10 AI controlled players so it is truely skill, but in FIFA i don't see how it is possible for them to balance this when you have players all of different ratings being controlled by AI.

I don’t think people would be bothered about higher end players being harder to attain if it wasn’t for the fact that Red picks specifically and the rest of champs rewards are only available to 40% of people that enter play offs.
  • PiotrLolo
    3529 posts National Call-Up
    So now you need to grind even more to have a CHANCE to qual into the WL. What a bunch of crap. And you can't cumulate points when you reach 2000. And you have limited entries in play-offs. People will waste more time trying to get into WL than actually playing it.

I had no problems in previous years with reaching G3 and G2 but that play-off thing is more harder than any WL I played. Ok, I played only one time so far (and of course failed coz half of the games are like playing against pros) but from what I read and hear it's like this every week. It's not motivating me to be better. The only thing this game causes is my less and less interest in playing online.
  • JRD
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021

But if you want to use the e-sport line then if you’re being consistent you’d want open matchmaking across the board so people would lose their artificial 50% winrates. When that happens and they can’t blame fifa points and team disadvantage then they find something else to blame instead. Because these threads prove time and time again that people who are bad at fifa will find every reason imaginable rather than take the slightest bit of responsibility for the fact they’re simply not very good

Simply set it up so that you can work towards getting the better cards in a non lottery set up, play for fun again… remember those days… good weren’t they.

Please explain why it’s fair to prevent ‘bad’ players as you describe them from playing with the best cards? This is a game that everyone has paid for, bad players don’t pay less… so why do they get less from it?

And there you go. You want parity but only where it suits you. You mention esports but then back SBMM.

Elite division players paid the same, if not more when you include points and/or ultimate edition. Why would you be able to cherry pick opponents if the rewards are the same? (Not actually making that argument just pointing out the flaw in yours)

You want to remove every advantage of putting time, effort and money into the game in the name of a level playing field yet then when one of the lower division players advantages is mentioned you don’t want a level playing field at all

• Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional

I think my main point really is with there being such an advantage to having better cards you get better players getting beaten by the poorer ones. That’s not sport and nor is it fair..

You are right, it shouldn’t be available from the get go… what I suggest is the ability to work towards those players by playing the game and not solely relying on luck, or big bank balances, my nephews see their mates playing with neymar, mbappe etc while they have rubbish teams in comparison, no fault of their own just either luck or someone has paid for points…

How about a mode where you can build a team as you want, whereby you have a league system but don’t need rewards (a bit like friendlies but more structured and you can choose better players), then leave DR and WL to the try hards etc?

I know why they’d never do this… FP’s…

Then everyone can experience a good team and actually have fun.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional

And there you go. You want parity but only where it suits you. You mention esports but then back SBMM.

Elite division players paid the same, if not more when you include points and/or ultimate edition. Why would you be able to cherry pick opponents if the rewards are the same? (Not actually making that argument just pointing out the flaw in yours)

You want to remove every advantage of putting time, effort and money into the game in the name of a level playing field yet then when one of the lower division players advantages is mentioned you don’t want a level playing field at all

No you are making out I’m saying something completely different…

You brought matchmaking into it… not me… I say keep the same league system so you play at your level… don’t you find games more fun when playing a similar skill level opponent?

Just explain why you think bad players should never get to use the best cards!! Then tell us all why they should bother to buy a game they’ll never get to experience in full!
  • JRD

You brought matchmaking into it… not me… I say keep the same league system so you play at your level… don’t you find games more fun when playing a similar skill level opponent?

Just explain why you think bad players should never get to use the best cards!! Then tell us all why they should bother to buy a game they’ll never get to experience in full!

I brought matchmaking into it to make the point that you claim to be asking for a level playing field when you aren’t. You’re asking for a system where lower divisions get as much as the higher divisions but keeps the division system in place to manipulate matchmaking and make it easier to obtain the same thing

To steal your line I paid the same for the game as lower division players so why should they get easier games if we’re playing for the same thing

And yes it might not be the most popular opinion but for me if you’re a “bad” player then the onus should be on you to improve to a level that you aren’t rather than expect the system to hold everyone else back to your level

• RichT wrote: »

Mature gamer and division 5 last year. I don't care about the weekend league because I don't have time for it. But feel sorry for others.

What I enjoyed last year was earning the free rubbish player EA provided. I really enjoyed the competition. Now due to the matchmaking system I can't even get that. What's worse is that at weekends the hardcore game exploiters were all distracted. Now half of them don't qualify and I have to play them whilst trying to earn the player.

For average players it takes way too many games. Win by two is the final straw. Last time I tried 15 games with one win by two. Two other players I thought I could beat who quit at 1:0. Average players have stopped playing.

For all the flaws with the game last year I still enjoyed playing someone of my level. This year that doesn't happen.

As for saying YouTube videos can help. Most of them are aimed at exploiting the game and win at any cost. Not my thing.

Still upset about it, but I have stopped. It's not fun. This is a game, it has to be fun (occasionally).

I'm playing other stuff now and thinking about it. I should apologise to EA, by messing this up they have done me a huge favour.
    It’s just hilarious to see people say “If they’re going to go 0-30, what’s the point?” Meanwhile if you go 0-20 under the current setup, you get 2 red picks and 100K worth of packs.

Never mind skill gap, it’s all about wealth gap now.
  • purcvl
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Murf1985 wrote: »

Better players got rewarded better last year and the year before. This year just puts a glass ceiling between the good and not so good. But maybe this year I’m the winner, maybe I won’t spend so many hours trying to get good at a game, maybe I’ll realise early on that there’s no point in playing. And I’ll take all the cash I’ve spent on fifa points over the years somewhere else.

Better players absolutely didn't get consistenly rewarded better last year, there were plenty of times when Silver 1 would be better than Elite 3. There's only a glass ceiling if you don't want to smash through it. You need to win just over 50% of your qualification games to get into WL proper. If you play at the right time, generally a Friday or Saturday, your chances probably improve. It's on the player to get better. The only thing that needs changing is the limited attempts.

Not for me. In addition to losing at least one game to either a bug or lag, I'll get to 4 wins and have to play someone who is really good at that through ball in behind. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop it.

But I play Friday and Saturday late Eve EST, and those are always tough tough games.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional
    edited November 2021

I brought matchmaking into it to make the point that you claim to be asking for a level playing field when you aren’t. You’re asking for a system where lower divisions get as much as the higher divisions but keeps the division system in place to manipulate matchmaking and make it easier to obtain the same thing

To steal your line I paid the same for the game as lower division players so why should they get easier games if we’re playing for the same thing

And yes it might not be the most popular opinion but for me if you’re a “bad” player then the onus should be on you to improve to a level that you aren’t rather than expect the system to hold everyone else back to your level

Again you are making strawman arguments and completely misrepresenting everything I have said…

Tell us all how it’s fair for a ‘bad’ player to never get to play with top cards….

The floor is yours…
  • JRD

Again you are making strawman arguments and completely misrepresenting everything I have said…

Tell us all how it’s fair for a ‘bad’ player to never get to play with top cards….

The floor is yours…

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a system that rewards people putting any combination of time effort and money into a game over those that don’t. And with effort I include getting better at the game

But then I never went in for people getting their little participation medal for finishing last either

• IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    RichT wrote: »

I think you’re vastly underestimating how bad some people are at this game. No amount of practice or YouTube tutorials is ever going to change that.

And while it’s true that better players should get better rewards, this gatekeeping is going to end up turning loads of people away from the game. To implement this checkpoint system so that people supposedly don’t stress about losing, and then turn around and say they’re not welcome in WL seems like a contradiction in terms.

And far as those that say WL should only be for “the best”, that kind of rings hollow when you can lose all 20 matches and still get rewarded.

I have the same outtake (more or less) , youtubers are not about "strategy and tactics" most of the time, they are about actual glitches and unintended speed up glitches mostly. Which move will ghost you through a defender, which move will render the defender unresponsive to user input, which shot will go through the ghost called GK as if his pixels disappeared from the game, which button push will make a correctly pushed shot/pass combo resulting in unintended something else entirely, and of course which celebration will lead your opponents to quit more quickly.

Lots of youtubers are "shortcut" finders in most games, I still remember a COD youtuber (do not remember the version) from few years ago, he used an an exploit during a tournament ( I think he forgot or did not think he would get noticed) and he audaciously made a long video complaining about being "kicked out"/"banned" , I am pretty sure someone will reply with the cliche "generalizing this and that" or "you have not found a good youtuber" ,..etc. I tend to ignore that since it changes nothing for me.

• purcvl
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special

But it's not like that at all though is it? Especially with the market this year being at an all time low, if you haven't been able to graft up to close to a million at this stage, you're doing something wrong, or have the worst pack luck known to man.

I'll concede I'm doing something wrong, but there's no way to tell on my own what it is. I think that's my actual beef with the game.
    Pack luck?
    I've got a great team mostly untradeables. The rest are worth about 200k mostly spent on the earliest icon Ive ever owned. Laudtup LM.
    Then about 30k in the market trying to trade but yeah that ain't doing nothing.

In div4, on the edge of getting out, lose mostly against the same sort of through ball counter player. Adjusted my tactics checked my stats and replays it is often I give up goals after bounce back tackled. And I know it sounds like an excuse but I'm legit honest, I'll tackle 3, or 4 times in a row and the ball goes to the other team and they just score. It frustrating, as a lot of times it's against someone who can barely do much in the game but sit back and counter. I can't tell if I'm tracking wrong, but I'd think having 40 tackles to the other guys 10 would mean I was going it right. But there's no where that tells me what I'm doing wrong so that really is the limiter for me.

I'm doin to grind and improve but at some point I need to know what actually needs improving. The only other option is to just mimic what I see and that just isn't fun for me.

• Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    IraqBruin wrote: »

I have the same outtake (more or less) , youtubers are not about "strategy and tactics" most of the time, they are about actual glitches and unintended speed up glitches mostly. Which move will ghost you through a defender, which move will render the defender unresponsive to user input, which shot will go through the ghost called GK as if his pixels disappeared from the game, which button push will make a correctly pushed shot/pass combo resulting in unintended something else entirely, and of course which celebration will lead your opponents to quit more quickly.

Lots of youtubers are "shortcut" finders in most games, I still remember a COD youtuber (do not remember the version) from few years ago, he used an an exploit during a tournament ( I think he forgot or did not think he would get noticed) and he audaciously made a long video complaining about being "kicked out"/"banned" , I am pretty sure someone will reply with the cliche "generalizing this and that" or "you have not found a good youtuber" ,..etc. I tend to ignore that since it changes nothing for me.

I agree then you get people complaining it doesn't work for them because they expect to magically get wins or their playstyles are so different to whatever youtuber it is.

I'm mid 20's but wish it could go back to 10 years ago before e-sports and when youtube was just people sharing good kill cams. It felt like everyone just played for fun compared to now every average players feeling like they need to use every exploit possible because it might get them 1 more win even if it results in nobody enjoying the game.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional

The floor is yours…

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a system that rewards people putting any combination of time effort and money into a game over those that don’t. And with effort I include getting better at the game

But then I never went in for people getting their little participation medal for finishing last either

But it’s not time and effort is it… you could play 70 games a week and never have a decent player.

My point is they should bring in system or mode whereby people can utilise the better players and have some fun…

Why are you against poor players getting good cards too?

If they are bad players what difference will it make to you? You’ll still win… but at least they get to experience decent cards and start the game on a level playing field.
  • IraqBruin
    IraqBruin wrote: »

I agree then you get people complaining it doesn't work for them because they expect to magically get wins or their playstyles are so different to whatever youtuber it is.

I'm mid 20's but wish it could go back to 10 years ago before e-sports and when youtube was just people sharing good kill cams. It felt like everyone just played for fun compared to now every average players feeling like they need to use every exploit possible because it might get them 1 more win even if it results in nobody enjoying the game.
    That is the problem really, I think things got personalized way too much, the way some players seek the win, it almost feels like grabbing the last "item" off the shelf by shoving another customer off balance but not being satisfied with that and going to the cashier, instead one is standing over him before running away.

The only DM I would send (mine is disabled since 2012, 99% of the time) is "congrats on finding a better youtuber than me", trust me I could find youtuber for COD who would show you glitchy parts of the maps or even have an "invisible" operator but that is not fun.

• IraqBruin

The floor is yours…

But it’s not time and effort is it… you could play 70 games a week and never have a decent player.

My point is they should bring in system or mode whereby people can utilise the better players and have some fun…

If they are bad players what difference will it make to you? You’ll still win… but at least they get to experience decent cards and start the game on a level playing field.
    If trolling through wins and glitches is a thing then having a "card" trophy is that as well, where is the fun in playing/winning a game if you can not tell an online stranger that you are better than them.
  • JRD

The floor is yours…

Just going round in circles at this point. If you settle for being a “bad” player then accept it’s going to impede your experience. If that bothers you put some effort into improving rather than trying to hold everyone else back

• nsholmberg11
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    For the first time I missed out on level 30 player as I needed at least 11000 XP…Don’t even think I can manage WL this year.

Yup me too. I always get these season objectives players easily but not this time. They also didn’t have the player options midway through objectives, only at the end. And my last gripe, these customization options through season objectives are awful. It was so good 2 seasons ago when they rolled them out. Downhill slide for sure
  • Rename123456
    429 posts An Exciting Prospect

It’s just hilarious to see people say “If they’re going to go 0-30, what’s the point?” Meanwhile if you go 0-20 under the current setup, you get 2 red picks and 100K worth of packs.

Never mind skill gap, it’s all about wealth gap now.

2 red picks and "100K" worth of packs...I mean, everyone can see how wrong this is by EA, ¿right? Awful bad design for casual players.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional

The floor is yours…

Just going round in circles at this point. If you settle for being a “bad” player then accept it’s going to impede your experience. If that bothers you put some effort into improving rather than trying to hold everyone else back

Never said I was bad, I have a bad team for sure and doesn’t do me any favours in division 1 I can tell you that.

But you clearly can’t understand the points being made…

You failed to explain why a bad player (that’s what you call me) would like to play with a decent side and not be at a disadvantage before the game kicks off!

Remember it’s you that wants to hold people back, you want better players to gain further advantages over and above poorer players…

What are you scared of?

You not want a level playing field?
  • Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best fut in years
  • TheMightyBee
    4060 posts National Call-Up
    A fun game mode has been completely destroyed in the last 4 years, I’m not even sure what the point of the game is anymore.
  • Torn4do
    1319 posts Professional
    A fun game mode has been completely destroyed in the last 4 years, I’m not even sure what the point of the game is anymore.

We know what the point is…. Selling FP’s

Making a good game is secondary…
  • JRD

The floor is yours…

Never said I was bad, I have a bad team for sure and doesn’t do me any favours in division 1 I can tell you that.

You failed to explain why a bad player (that’s what you call me) would like to play with a decent side and not be at a disadvantage before the game kicks off!

Remember it’s you that wants to hold people back, you want better players to gain further advantages over and above poorer players…

What are you scared of?

Again you’re not asking for a level playing field, you’re asking for everything to be handed on a plate so you can then go back to your division with the same as people putting a lot more into the game. Of course bad players would like to play with the best players but put them against a better player and they still lose so they’ll blame mechanics instead

The system you’re asking for takes away any point to improving at the game whatsoever as all it does is make your matchmaking harder with no upside

It’s also worth remembering World Cup mode a few years ago. Easy to get all the top players, good players stopped playing because there was nothing left to achieve, bad players for the same reason or because they couldn’t blame their team for their losses. Game mode died before it even got started

Same with the 85x10 at the end of last year, anyone who put the time in could get the very best players in those last few weeks, yet didn’t see so many saying they were hanging around on 21 to use them, most switched to 22 on release to start over

If having the very best available to all was the driving force behind people playing wouldn’t ea be struggling to get people to switch to 22 and wouldn’t the World Cup mode have thrived?

• RichT
    765 posts Semi-Pro

The floor is yours…

What are you scared of?

Again you’re not asking for a level playing field, you’re asking for everything to be handed on a plate so you can then go back to your division with the same as people putting a lot more into the game. Of course bad players would like to play with the best players but put them against a better player and they still lose so they’ll blame mechanics instead

The system you’re asking for takes away any point to improving at the game whatsoever as all it does is make your matchmaking harder with no upside

It’s also worth remembering World Cup mode a few years ago. Easy to get all the top players, good players stopped playing because there was nothing left to achieve, bad players for the same reason or because they couldn’t blame their team for their losses. Game mode died before it even got started

Same with the 85x10 at the end of last year, anyone who put the time in could get the very best players in those last few weeks, yet didn’t see so many saying they were hanging around on 21 to use them, most switched to 22 on release to start over

If having the very best available to all was the driving force behind people playing wouldn’t ea be struggling to get people to switch to 22 and wouldn’t the World Cup mode have thrived?

You are the one that wants to play against lower level players with a stronger team. Handing objectives to you on a plate?
  • JRD

The floor is yours…

What are you scared of?

You are the one that wants to play against lower level players with a stronger team. Handing objectives to you on a plate?

Not in the slightest. Happy to play players my own level if the objective reward reflects the matchmaking. If everyone’s playing for the same reward then why should matchmaking intervene. And as for stronger team, my team isn’t that strong and I believe exactly the same for the Reece Oxford objective for instance where there is a rating cap on the team you use