Div 8 Antonio Card

Hollow101
38 posts Park Captain
Hi,

Has anyone in Div 8 (or below completed the card), is there a best time of day, just getting matched against div 4 and above and being battered (one game I did win was by one goal ☹️)

Getting a bit frustrating, it feels like all the cards this year are for high div players only ☹️

Comments

• Diddymow
    4846 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    Div 7 and feel your pain. Was stuck on 2 wins for ages then I randomly had a string of winnable games and got it done, think it was on Sunday around lunch time.
  • simlejh
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Diddymow wrote: »
    Div 7 and feel your pain. Was stuck on 2 wins for ages then I randomly had a string of winnable games and got it done, think it was on Sunday around lunch time.

Makes sence since the best players are playing weekend league. Try during the weekend!
  • FarPostGhost
    1195 posts Professional
    If you’re getting battered, score a couple of own goals. I’ve found most people get the idea and let you get a finesse goal or a header.

Doesn’t help with the win by 2 goals requirement but I think you only need 4 of those?
  • Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move
    If your having a tough time, then focus on one thing at a time.

Just play to get the wins out of the road first, don't alter your play to get a finesse or header etc

Then when you don't need a win, you can get a finesse done, even in a losing game.
  • Cainman88
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d say get finesse done first as you need 11 games for that then if the person is obviously better than you don’t go for the win try and get headers, that’d how I did it then you only need to win 4 out of the 11 they will come along the way
  • Saiber_Summia
    2837 posts National Call-Up
    Just message your opponent. At this time many people just need the finesse or the header, can easily give win away. Propose a deal, an easy header or so in exchange of a win 😉
  • Destin8or
    Just message your opponent. At this time many people just need the finesse or the header, can easily give win away. Propose a deal, an easy header or so in exchange of a win 😉

Anyone else struggle to get headers when your opponent is letting you, or had put the controller down?
    Absolute hell for me, I'm terrible at them lol
  • Saiber_Summia
    2837 posts National Call-Up
    Btw, I was really expecting miracles from the card, used a dozen of matches, benched and went back to regular Werner
  • Destin8or
    Btw, I was really expecting miracles from the card, used a dozen of matches, benched and went back to regular Werner

Funny, I was expecting bench material, and I've not even brought him off the bench yet lol
    Was just something to do.
  • jayteeslash
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm in Div 8 and managed to get it finished. Focused on getting a finesse goal each game - could usually get one a game even if no chance at winning. If you are having trouble with the wins, you should eventually come up against opponents only need finesse shots. Help them out and let them score one and they will usually let you get a win and the headers done.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I do feel for lower level players this year, it is like they are setting it up In a way that nothing is for you. I'm not great myself, struggling to make champs most times, I've managed to do 4 of them, but the friendly objectives are coming very easy... they should have some kind of loose matching in friendlies it's not fair matching players with far superior opponents.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Hollow101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone in Div 8 (or below completed the card), is there a best time of day, just getting matched against div 4 and above and being battered (one game I did win was by one goal ☹️)

Getting a bit frustrating, it feels like all the cards this year are for high div players only ☹️

I had to win 6 games to have 4 count for some reason, the same exact team.

Getting the finesse completed was a pain with pausing and toxic tackling when leading by 7-8 goals, I celebrated every finesse against people who were blowing my team out of the park, just to tell them off.

Funny thing, I was having a 10 day undefeated streak in DR while getting destroyed in that objective, funny ain't it ?

Perseverance :)
  • aladdin
    2936 posts Fans' Favourite
    matchmaking in friendlies is bizarre. i got matched with a guy who had red son and salah…!!! he was obviously insanely good as well but i’m only in division 4 so dunno how that worked
  • Diddymow
    IraqBruin wrote: »
    Hi,

I had to win 6 games to have 4 count for some reason, the same exact team.

Getting the finesse completed was a pain with pausing and toxic tackling when leading by 7-8 goals, I celebrated every finesse against people who were blowing my team out of the park, just to tell them off.

Funny thing, I was having a 10 day undefeated streak in DR while getting destroyed in that objective, funny ain't it ?

Perseverance :)

Such a satisfying feeling when somebody is smashing you and still defending for their life and then you score your finesse goal, celebrate and rubber band them.
  • RichT
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Win by two is a nightmare for lower level players with the current matchmaking system.

Not sure what EA are thinking this year.
  • Mogga
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Hi,

If yr on ps5 now or between 7-9ish UK time tomorrow I'll try and enter same time n see if we can match up.

Get what u need , beat me 15 nil if u want 😀
  • Mogga
    aladdin wrote: »
    matchmaking in friendlies is bizarre. i got matched with a guy who had red son and salah…!!! he was obviously insanely good as well but i’m only in division 4 so dunno how that worked

Andre was a proper nightmare for me but this one was alright for me. It was just the frustrating finesse goal bit v opponents who were determined to stop me doing it even after id blasted own goals in
  • Scu11duggery
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't get why more of the community don't help each other out. Got everything bar the finesses in about 7 games. After that, every game I'd get the finesse as quick as I could and would then start giving the ball away, pushing offside trap up and moving the keeper out of the way. 1 game the other player was frantically tapping shoot and getting mistimed headers. Sent him a message at half time explaining it and telling him he only needed to press it once. Got there in the second half. 🙂
  • Mogga
    I don't get why more of the community don't help each other out. Got everything bar the finesses in about 7 games. After that, every game I'd get the finesse as quick as I could and would then start giving the ball away, pushing offside trap up and moving the keeper out of the way. 1 game the other player was frantically tapping shoot and getting mistimed headers. Sent him a message at half time explaining it and telling him he only needed to press it once. Got there in the second half. 🙂

It's like when you play the silver stars and someone already with the player is trying their wick out trying to beat yer. Morins
  • Hollow101
    38 posts Park Captain
    Mogga wrote: »
    Hi,

If yr on ps5 now or between 7-9ish UK time tomorrow I'll try and enter same time n see if we can match up.

Get what u need , beat me 15 nil if u want 😀

What a lovely offer, cheers, community needs more people like you 👍👍👍

Sadly on xbox, but now just x2 finesse goals away so nearly there.

Thanks everyone for the ideas/thoughts etc

• Dazzler
    2124 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    He is a good card so worth completing imo.

The objective was good for me. I expected the 4 wins to be frustrating as there is a lot of toxicity by people quitting at 1-0 to prevent you winning by 2 goals. However via the 11 games there was thankfully enough that didn’t quit to allow it to be completed.

I think I’m in the minority but when I play a much even on objectives I want to play the full match not a quit after 5 match mins. I don’t feel the need to try and complete the objectives in less than an hour.

• Jeez how division 8 this year? Due to a good run of form I ended up in division 5

Is it still competitive?
  • Diddymow
    Mogga wrote: »

It's like when you play the silver stars and someone already with the player is trying their wick out trying to beat yer. Morins

I usually just quit but I can understand that they maybe just want to try the new player out. With Squad Battles being the way they are this year I wouldn't dare use a silver team on anything above a bronze team on World Class.