How's your weekend league going? - Week 4

Comments

• spy
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    First WL this year and finished rank 3 with 47 points. Used to finish G2/3 last year so not sure how this compares - rewards seem similar to G2 with 2 out of 4 red picks but the TOTW pack is extra. Don’t think it was worth the effort as my best choice from red picks was 82 Gunter twice 😟

Didn’t enjoy it at all. The gameplay particularly today was really laggy and the player switching wasn’t working at all , switching away a from players just as they were about to get the ball!
  • number7rocky
    8278 posts League Winner
    edited October 2021
    16-2. Thats 4 rank 1's in a row 2 new 2 old gen. Based on record it's slightly easier on old gen ( I had to win 3 in row on new gen both times) I've gone 16-3/16-2 old gen though for me I still found it very difficult, every opponent after 5 wins was decent baring a couple. There was a few matches were around 80 mins I basically played keep ball to see out the win.

Just the 1 free win again, this was the team CR7 is just insane the odd game he doesn't score but otherwise feels like he's scoring 2/3 every match. 442 obviously

First loss at 13-0 was a narrow 3-4 where I hit the bar twice, to equalize late aswell, good player though and I did win a lot of narrow games to. Other loss was a god squad, I was on top early and had a pen saved but went behind after tackling him three times, I ended up having to chase and his team was just to good, whole front 4 5*5* Ginola, Neymar, Cruyff, RB Dembele etc.. Lost 1-4.

09cbc7e0f8b7cd0e7b30bdd3cd1cddc8.png
  • abhreebhu_45
    12587 posts Has That Special Something
    spy wrote: »
    First WL this year and finished rank 3 with 47 points. Used to finish G2/3 last year so not sure how this compares - rewards seem similar to G2 with 2 out of 4 red picks but the TOTW pack is extra. Don’t think it was worth the effort as my best choice from red picks was 82 Gunter twice 😟

Didn’t enjoy it at all. The gameplay particularly today was really laggy and the player switching wasn’t working at all , switching away a from players just as they were about to get the ball!

8 wins don't take an effort tbh
  • bigpokey24
    5689 posts Big Money Move
    playing on ps5. Old gen seems easier..
  • What happens if I do 1500 qualify points but don't play any Playoff games (or even enter it)? Do I lose my points and 1 entry on the end of the weekend or keeps to the next one?
  • number7rocky
    8278 posts League Winner
    Finished 74 points (18 wins) why you ask? 🤣 Just wanted to see one time how many wins out of 20 I can achieve. Pointless playing after 16 obviously.

Reds were Smith Rowe, Mount, Simione

Sterling in ultimate and obviously still saving the TOTW packs.

Pretty meh but it's another bad TOTW just wanted to keep the rank 1 streak going for now
  • abhreebhu_45
    edited October 2021
    Phenomenal,,,absolute Phenomenal scenes in my room right now,,,did thumpings in air,chest,head,,before doing that Dx stunt(forgive me if anyone takes it badly)

So from 5-4 yesterday (was 5-2 at a moment),I went 5-7 n then 7-8,,,with all hope of Rank 2 lost,I said lets get on with it,,a loss is all needed to take Rank 3 n gift my remaining games

So I played on for fun as I mentioned earlier(barring a dull game) ,,it went 8-8,9-8,10-8,11-8

Now I was anxious as it was a final for me n those who know me from this forum can understand me choking in crucial games

So for my last game,I called I reinforcements

Loan mbappe in for benzema
    Loan puskas in for fekir,allowing fofana to start ahead of rabiot
    Loan Theo in for lazzari
    Loan pele(hero) on bench
    Di Maria comes in for ikone

To be cont.
  • number7rocky
    8278 posts League Winner
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Slightly I've gone 16-4 twice on new gen, had to scrape my last 3, where as I went 16-3 18-2 on old gen.

TBH it's probably because of the drop back on new gen which helps people defend so games are close. Old gen is way less frustrating to score, obviously harder to defend aswell.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2380 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had 16 games to play today and started 2-2. Ended 8-5. 2 of the losses the guy scored straight from kick off and I just quit out as I didn’t have a lot of time. Gifted the rest with zero thank yous back.

Rewards pretty dreadful…
  • abhreebhu_45
    It was against a decent player who was definitely annoyed seeing those loanees,,,but the brave soul played(I know a lot who might quit),,but he wld keep mbappe silent by blind tackles n hard tackles,,I went in only for him to make a rash tackle inside box n puskas dispatching it coolly n then di maria did some excellent work in box to put through mbappe

Into the 2nd half n I played like a rat,,kept the ball,looking for spaces n trying to carve him open,,2 changes were made,pele in for Pedro with puskas moving wide n inaki(came after 70th) for angel,,,he was real good,but so was my fofana(what a beast),,he did win a penalty saved by me(my gosh it was stressful) before scoring a quick counter to give me the blues,,,I kept the ball for final 10(hakimi the main carrier) n won an unlikely battle

12-8

😮
  • abhreebhu_45
    I really needed that 60k injection,, don't care about reds ,but I got decent ones
    Tadic,ASR,Upemacano

I was looking to draw a big name in totw pack,but man the best was dupe candreva,,bring on a party bag EA,30 informs are waiting

Good luck to all still playing

Will post a review later
  • Singaporefifafan
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waiting till 8/9pm to start for some free wins
  • JohnShelby
    1324 posts Professional
    I think there is no more free wins.. only got 1.. in first Game Yesterday
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    I really needed that 60k injection,, don't care about reds ,but I got decent ones
    Tadic,ASR,Upemacano

I was looking to draw a big name in totw pack,but man the best was dupe candreva,,bring on a party bag EA,30 informs are waiting

Good luck to all still playing

Will post a review later

Well done mate. The way you explain your games are so in-depth and enthusiastic. It’s nice to see you having fun.

Well done mate x
  • bigpokey24
    5689 posts Big Money Move
    guys try using semi passing for ground passes, I am telling you , you game play will change . assisted has huge issues when the game is delayed or sluggish
  • Loco_kniene
    2893 posts National Call-Up
    Stopped at 8-2.

This game is way too random. My ❤️❤️❤️❤️ they fixed goalkeepers. Every game I play the opponents keepers are gods compared to my keeper.

Cba to play anymore this weekend, feels like '21 again
  • JohnShelby
    1324 posts Professional
    Got Upamecano red.. really happy with that
    Because he actually replaced his gold Card in squad..
    not sure will I open totw pack.. actually don’t like nobody more except salah or alaba but they wont fit in squad
  • Loco_kniene
    2893 posts National Call-Up
    Cant complain with Alaba red pick and Upamecano in the totw pack
  • jackm577
    90 posts Park Captain
    My third WL this year.

Went 8:5 and didn't want to sweat for the 12.

Last 2 WL were 8:6 and 8:10, so definately improving, team isn't much different either
  • bobbyfischer
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    12-5 and gifted three.

Had two annoying defeats. Led by two goals in the 70th and lost once in extra time and another time in overtime, after taking the lead.

Opponents played mostly boring. Very deep and only after through passes and cutbacks.

But thanks to red Mane, I still had fun. :)
  • ValtorSadek
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Quit at rank 3 cause cant be arsed. Gifted my remaining games.
    Not one fecker said thanks this week 😐
  • bobbyfischer
    Orison wrote: »
    16-0

Got gifted 0 free wins, but had 3 people quit at 0-0, amazing.

Using a fullback at CB again, hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

Which fullback? With Walker and Co. it works, but otherwise they can't keep up physically.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    16-0

Which fullback? With Walker and Co. it works, but otherwise they can't keep up physically.

IF Azpi works in a 3.
  • bobbyfischer
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Slightly I've gone 16-4 twice on new gen, had to scrape my last 3, where as I went 16-3 18-2 on old gen.

TBH it's probably because of the drop back on new gen which helps people defend so games are close. Old gen is way less frustrating to score, obviously harder to defend aswell.

Nice, mate. What was your SR and WL ranking in 21?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    First one this year 8-9 about to gift the 3 wins. Happy with that.
  • bobbyfischer
    David12344 wrote: »
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    12-1 and gave the remaining games away.
    8-0 in qualifiers
    4-0 for a fellow forumer who needed to win his remaining game to secure rank 2

Thats me done for the weekend :D

Loving the work mate.

And when’s my next leg picture coming 😂

Haha mate :D Can't travel right now unfortunately :joy:
    12-1 and gave the remaining games away.
    8-0 in qualifiers
    4-0 for a fellow forumer who needed to win his remaining game to secure rank 2

Thats me done for the weekend :D

Someone's started coaching too?

Just helping a forumer. Sharing is caring you know mate :D

Can u win my 13 games out of 15 😆

Im on xbox unfortunately mate :joy:

Can u buy a ps4 😆🤣

I second this 😂

Maybe we buy him one

I'd be in too, but only if he takes a PS oath and divests himself of the Xbox.
  • bobbyfischer
    edited October 2021
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    16-0

IF Azpi works in a 3.

I can well imagine that. Digne also works in a 3.
  • 16-0 on xbox with the main team

16-0 on PS with the RTG @David12344 :#

Very easy game, very easy life this year in WL.
  • Sctt78
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Worst WL experience since FIFA 20. Tried all three days but just kept on getting the same awful gameplay and more obviously defunct ai. Just gave up in the end.
  • YidArmy
    2417 posts Fans' Favourite
    Playing late on a Sunday is a dream, needed to win 3 from 5 to get rank 2 and duly got all 3 from people gifting wins 😄.

Not sure how I feel about my first rank 2, but I'll take it!

Brought back the 352 which I had abandoned weeks ago and it seemed to be working again, really enjoying it with some new custom tactics.

Got Atal, Upamecano and some random from Red picks, very happy with Atal as had only just bought him so he slots straight it.

Sold my big purchases (Son, Ljungberg and Onyeka) as they were tanking in price on Saturday and with WL being so friendly this year my cheaper to can do the same job. Will save my coins for a few big icons in the future.

Debating whether I should open these reward packs or save 🤔.

Good luck all.