Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • SimenHP
    5458 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    When do you start to get concerned about the performances?

    So far so good. It was the 2nd half that was bad. Performance wise we have been great the entire season imo bar that game against Brentford despite the fact that all 3 goals they scored were pure comedy.

    I think this was a joke on VVD4 coming to the Chelsea thread after one of the matches we won a few weeks ago and said the same thing to us.
  • tilen11
    7259 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    When do you start to get concerned about the performances?

    So far so good. It was the 2nd half that was bad. Performance wise we have been great the entire season imo bar that game against Brentford despite the fact that all 3 goals they scored were pure comedy.

    I think this was a joke on VVD4 coming to the Chelsea thread after one of the matches we won a few weeks ago and said the same thing to us.

    Oh didnt know hes the one that should be answering this :joy: Not my m.o to go poking in any other thread but Im open to a constructive debate anywhere.
  • Argie8
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    I’m not sure what’s happened to us defensively this season. We’ve had some really poor defensive performances.

    Watching Ox play today reminded me why he rarely plays. One great cross for the goal and then gave the ball away constantly in good positions. Can’t wait to have Fab and Thiago back
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I’m not sure what’s happened to us defensively this season. We’ve had some really poor defensive performances.

    Watching Ox play today reminded me why he rarely plays. One great cross for the goal and then gave the ball away constantly in good positions. Can’t wait to have Fab and Thiago back

    It was the midfield today. They constantly threw our back 4 under the bus. We need Fabinho back ASAP.
  • NattoPatrol
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.
  • NattoPatrol
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How was Wijnaldum not replaced, how was it not insanely obvious to the club to replace him? Fabinho is the only one who isn’t injury prone.
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    @Cyodine ffs, did you forget to lock the cupboard again? Our evil little brother has escaped.
  • tilen11
    7259 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2021
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Citys club are only midfielders and defenders. Not shocking they have 7 of them. But I do get your point.
    It was the clubs choice that Jones is Wijnaldums replacement which he can be most definitely. He just needs experience around him and today he didnt have that. With Ox coming on it was -1 player instantly. Not saying Jones played good because he didnt but he has played well every time. Today they were all poor. Its funny but Keita was vital. Shame he is made from even worse quality glass as Sturridge was
  • Pietu
    12124 posts Has That Special Something
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Because we don’t have a shady sugar daddy who sport washes like City and Chelsea have. And I wouldn't want it either, I wouldn't want to be a plastic club like them.
  • Pietu
    12124 posts Has That Special Something
    Potter is someone who I wouldn't mind after Klopp, just need Shelvey back and we would be unstoppable.
  • Ashy
    20971 posts Club Captain
    Despite how good the back 4 are it just shows that a DM can change things something that Man Utd get **** on many times, put a good DM there and they will be miles better
  • tilen11
    7259 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Despite how good the back 4 are it just shows that a DM can change things something that Man Utd get **** on many times, put a good DM there and they will be miles better

    Agree. We ll know what Fabinho brings to the table and what it means when he isnt playing. With Fab today, we would get the 3 points.
  • Cyodine
    5861 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    @Cyodine ffs, did you forget to lock the cupboard again? Our evil little brother has escaped.

    It appears that I did forget. Time to lock him away again and throwaway the key this time.
  • Cyodine
    5861 posts Big Money Move
    At least Lallana got to say his goodbye's.
  • Snugglebites
    2942 posts Fans' Favourite
    Deserved to lose but got a point. Sign of champions.
  • SimenHP
    5458 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Because we don’t have a shady sugar daddy who sport washes like City and Chelsea have. And I wouldn't want it either, I wouldn't want to be a plastic club like them.

    But... Klopp can make anyone a world class player. Atleast that's what I have heard from Liverpool fans since almost day 1 of the Klopp era.

    +

    You do realise that if Liverpool wanted to they could easily buy the same players Chelsea and City does? The money that LP have earned from CL and PL in the last 10 years is more than what most teams will ever make.
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Because we don’t have a shady sugar daddy who sport washes like City and Chelsea have. And I wouldn't want it either, I wouldn't want to be a plastic club like them.

    But... Klopp can make anyone a world class player. Atleast that's what I have heard from Liverpool fans since almost day 1 of the Klopp era.

    +

    You do realise that if Liverpool wanted to they could easily buy the same players Chelsea and City does? The money that LP have earned from CL and PL in the last 10 years is more than what most teams will ever make.

    :D
  • Pietu
    12124 posts Has That Special Something
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Because we don’t have a shady sugar daddy who sport washes like City and Chelsea have. And I wouldn't want it either, I wouldn't want to be a plastic club like them.

    But... Klopp can make anyone a world class player. Atleast that's what I have heard from Liverpool fans since almost day 1 of the Klopp era.

    +

    You do realise that if Liverpool wanted to they could easily buy the same players Chelsea and City does? The money that LP have earned from CL and PL in the last 10 years is more than what most teams will ever make.

    Klopp does make players better that's true but generally top managers do as well.

    But the difference between the clubs is that Liverpool are self-sufficient (think that's the word) and we don’t have a sugar daddy who pumps in money to help with the club and we all know Chelsea and City are where they are because of their sugar daddies and oil money.
  • Wyojasond
    18278 posts World Class
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Lack of ambition signing a midfielder letting us down yet again, said it 5 months ago. This club could win the lot every season if the club was serious about signing an elite midfielder, haven’t had one for 8 or 9 years. Thiago is good but his lack of pace makes his dribbling almost useless. Going into the season with Jones and Keita is such a pathetic move, break the bank for Goretzka. We are the only top club not serious about our midfield, it’s so bad in comparison to everyone else’s. Man City have like 6 or 7 elite midfielders while we have mediocre injury prone ones.

    Because we don’t have a shady sugar daddy who sport washes like City and Chelsea have. And I wouldn't want it either, I wouldn't want to be a plastic club like them.

    But... Klopp can make anyone a world class player. Atleast that's what I have heard from Liverpool fans since almost day 1 of the Klopp era.

    +

    You do realise that if Liverpool wanted to they could easily buy the same players Chelsea and City does? The money that LP have earned from CL and PL in the last 10 years is more than what most teams will ever make.

    giphy.gif
  • Argie8
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    Deserved to lose but got a point. Sign of champions.

    Drawing 40% of your games is not however

    hope we can stop throwing away silly points
  • Snugglebites
    2942 posts Fans' Favourite
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Deserved to lose but got a point. Sign of champions.

    Drawing 40% of your games is not however

    hope we can stop throwing away silly points

    SIGN. OF. CHAMPIONS.
  • Pxul_
    12285 posts Has That Special Something
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8uQqgT7/

    Wouldn’t be the worst signing given how he made virg and Matip look like Maguire and Lindlof
  • Argie8
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8uQqgT7/

    Wouldn’t be the worst signing given how he made virg and Matip look like Maguire and Lindlof

    Think we’re the only team he’s scored against this season
  • Pxul_
    12285 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2021
    He didn’t score against us did he?

    Edit: he did not
  • Argie8
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    He didn’t score against us did he?

    Edit: he did not

    Didn’t he? :joy: my bad.
  • Tornado31619
    32767 posts National Team Captain
    Could have sworn he did lol
  • ViVaWho
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    @SDoofus is actually back and pretending to be someone else?
  • Snugglebites
    2942 posts Fans' Favourite
    ViVaWho wrote: »
    @SDoofus is actually back and pretending to be someone else?

    Oh, hey. You're back. Join us... #BabyFit.
Sign In or Register to comment.