Lights, Camera, Wrexham

Comments

• Thurlow9984
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Best Supporting Role

3c0f812aeae7431d85ada2e4bedfce6bHj6wF_display.png

Jordan Davies won February Player of the Month,  often the forgotten man this season  but Davies has been ever present and made many controversial in Midfield and this is deserved.

March was another good month for Wrexham picking up 13 points from 15. Despite the good form there are still concerns among everyone about Wrexham seeing things through.  They started off with a 4-2 away win against Newport County where Jordan Davies grabbed a double and goals from Paul Mullin and Wayne Wood gave them a controlling 4-0 lead. It was in last 15 minutes when the defence went to sleep 2 quick goals after little threat from Newport had everyone concerned.

It didn't end there as Wrexham hosted strugglers Harrogate.  Again racing to a 4-0 lead complete control before conceding towards the end and then being under constant pressure. Again against Colchester this time taking a 2-0 lead which they surrendered and couldn't regain any control after that and the game finished 2-2.

20211016_222909WtBp4_display.png

Mullin continuing his great form for Wrexham

Wrexham rounded off March with 2 3-2 away wins. Northampton was in similar fashion to the other games whilst Wrexham had to come from 2 goals down against Carlisle.

4ac7e4f3a71349f7bde4fa992a725f2fK7SpD_display.png

March
    FL2 Newport 2-4 Wrexham (Wood, Mullin, Davies 2)
    FL2 Wrexham 4-1 Harrogate (Junior 2, Johnson, Mullin)
    FL2 Wrexham 2-2 Colchester (Mullin, Jephcott)
    FL2 Northampton 2-3 Wrexham (Mullin 2, Johnson)
    FL2 Carlisle 2-3 Wrexham (Jarvis, Davies 2) Jones Yellow Card

9a1ba8138d624ce881c8e895db0789aaHDzUx_display.png

Manchester City win Carabao Cup again!

With just 7 games to go Wrexham are still in a good position for promotion currently 10 points clear of 4th placed Hartlepool and just 4 points behind leaders Crawley. Still plenty of optimism around, but the fear of Wrexham not seeing it through is also ringing around. Captain Ben Tozer says "Its not easy, but we are confident on promotion but will not take anything for granted" when asked on his opinion on where some of Wrexham's top stars will be playing next season he refused to comment.
  • Budget Sequel In The Making?

After the announcement during the Promotion Celebrations the Fans are very confused by Wrexhams approach in the Transfer Window. So far all the have seen are players leaving and 1 arrival who the see as not needed. Supporters have taken to Twitter to voice their concerns at the Owners and their broken promises. It came as a surprise when The Manager called a Press Conference to make an announcement in the build up to their Opening Day Fixture against Wycombe Wanderers

bbaacb6e3b3c4d4abe1ca271cc9357660liZv_display.png

"Its been wildly reported that the Wrexham Board have gone against their words which were previously made. I am here to put those rumours to bed. I can confirm I have the funds available,  no one has gone back on their word and we will strengthen where needed in due time.  For now my priority is keeping hold of some players as I don't wish to start from the ground up. We have a good squad here at Wrexham which need a few additions not an overhaul, if there was to be any departures then things will change, but panic buying is not something I will do"

When asked about  club departures there was no more comment from the Manager.

20211019_165900fsWlb_display.jpg

Will they stay or will they go?

The fans want to know, the team will want to know. If Wrexham can keep hold of any of them it will be almost as good as a signing, but this is football and everyone wants to go on and achieve things.

Despite the explanation at the Press Conference the fans are still concerned. The are making their voices heard on various topics. Firstly,  they are happy with the arrival of Elliot List, but they felt this wasn't a priority signing.

d3c333d54cc54638b1b823a363c15dff8uKNW_display.png

They feel with the struggles from last season the lack of improvement or strengthening has left them with bad predictions. Also with the failure to win any matches throughout Pre Season has not helped the doubts. They are also worried that by leaving it until after players depart is too risky, suitable replacements will already be out of reach by then. Altho they are happy with what The Manager has achieved the majority feel its time the board brought in someone with experience.  Its not evening,  he does have a lot of support as well. He isn't the only one in the firing line, Billy Bodin who left on loan has returned to the club as Guingamp have opted not to use the loan to buy option (dunno if this is a glitch or they just didn't sign him,  had no notification other than he had returned) Bodin will have to work hard to win over the fans again if he stays.

In regards to players coming and going it has shown on the pitch there is unrest especially in regards to Brennan Johnson.  He has been on everyone's lips since January and linked with everyone which is obviously going to have his head all over the place and its affecting his performance on the pitch

c5ff8be2e0c74e679271bf7eb2252819KPAsk_display.png

Rumours are coming out of Wrexham that they are yet to receive an official bid from anyone for Johnson, in fact this source has gone on to say the only official approaches received have been for Jordan Davies and some fringe players.

As the season gets underway the Manager hushed the critics with an opening 3-1 win away to Wycombe.  Captain Ben Tozer opened the scoring. After drawing level Wycombe were never in the game after that as Wrexham put on a dominating performance in 2nd half. This was followed up with a 2-0 win away to Gillingham before facing Wycombe Wanderers again in the Carabao Cup which resulted in progression into the 2nd round where they will face Scunthorpe.  A challenging start to season for Wrexham with 3 aways games. They'll be looking for to their first home game of the season when they host Charlton.

July
    FL1 Wycombe 1-3 Wrexham (Tozer, Mullin, Wood)

August
    FL1 Gillingham 0-2 Wrexham (Randall, Davies)
    CC Wycombe 0-1 Wrexhams (Davies)

• I'll be posting updates for this under this account now. I was logged out somehow first time in forever and I can't remember the password and the email I had connected to the account I haven't signed into in 10+ years 🤣

Back to this account now 🤦‍♂️
  • You've Got Mail

Despite the fans continuing to give The Manager grief for the lack of transfer activity he did what he does best and that's Manager the players he has and he has done well so far in League One.  Its not been plain sailing with star players not at the races with their minds elsewhere, but this BIGGEST news to come out of this Transfer Window is that BRENNAN JOHNSON REMAINS at Wrexham. You read that correctly, maybe The Manager knew something the rest of us didn't as he came out and said

"Don't count your Chickens before they hatch, this is why I didn't go out and sign anyone until I knew who was playing for me.  I wanted Brennan as apart of our team, but the constant speculation did create unrest, but as of now Brennan Johnson is still a Wrexham player"

The pressure obviously got to the player, but as soon as the window closed

5f39a8114ba7469aa204805f99fd43559e1AP_display.png

Brennan Johnson got his first goal of the season.  Its been reported that Wrexham received no official bids until the final 3 hours of the window when FC Augesburg of Bundesliga 2 came in with an offer.  It was too late and despite a tempting swap deal The Manager requested they just ignored them as it was just too late.

It wasn't just Johnson Wrexham kept hold of, new deals were agreed with Paul Mullin and Wayne Wood whilst Alex Bass insisted he was going nowhere.

img_20211023_174436G20Sh_display.jpg

There were more players brought in someone may have come as a surprise, but joining Elliott List on the incoming list were CB Macaulay Gillesphey, CDM Terry Taylor and LM Adryan.  The main surprise here was Adryan, thought to have been brought in to play more Central didn't have a great spell in England when he formally played for Leeds United on loan. Once billed as a future Ballon D'or contender he's mainly remembered for his Fallen D'Floor

Adryan was signed as a Free Agent so I guess they see there to be less risk in this deal.

ec62e622740947d7bb1cd23a0035a325xuLSY_display.png

On the pitch and Wrexham have continued their good form. After drawing 0-0 with Charlton and beating Crewe 2-0 came Burton Albion. A very entertaining game where Paul Mullin gave Wrexham a first half lead before an end to end 2nd half when Burton equalised. With just under 20 minutes remaining The Manager decided to bring on Billy Bodin. Still not popular with the fans after his sudden departure last season on loan and his permanent move away falling through he decides to remain at Wrexham and make anmends rather than transfer out, well today he took a step closer to winning over the fans as with his first touch he broke through Burton defence and crossed in for Joel Randall who netted the winner.

Next up was Plymouth Argyle where Gillesphey would make his debut against the club he was just signed from. We also had a debut for Tyler French for Plymouth who was apart of the swap deal. It was Plymouth who came away victorious with Wrexham suffering their first defeat of the season.

Wrexham would go on to another 5 unbeaten run in the league and giving notice to the rest of the league that they were serious in their pre season statement about Promotion. After 2 tough draws people thought maybe their early form would now stop, but they came out with a strong message thrashing Lincoln City 5-0 with 5 different Scorers as well.

3817aefd226a4650acc628bb3d9429c8_1Si9hE_display.png

Unfortunately their league form didn't continue in The Carabao Cup as they got knocked out by League 2 side Forest Green Rovers.  A much changed team, but they still would have been disappointed for not getting the job done.

August
    FL1 Wrexham 0-0 Charlton
    FL1 Crewe 0-2 Wrexham (Davies 2)
    FL1 Wrexham 2-1 Burton (Mullin, Randall)
    CC Scunthorpe 0-2 Wrexham (Tozer, Randall)
    FL1 Plymouth 2-1 Wrexham (Mullin)
    JPT Hartlepool 0-2 Wrexham (Gotts 2)

September
    FL1 Wrexham 2-1 Hartlepool (Johnson  Wood)
    FL1 Peterborough 1-1 Wrexham (Davies)
    FL1 Wrexham 2-2 Ipswich (Jones, Johnson)
    FL1 Lincoln 0-5 Wrexham (Davies, Randall, Mullin, Johnson, Bodin)
    CC Forest Green 2-1 Wrexham (Gotts)
    FL1 Wrexham 3-0 Crawley (Jones 2, Wood)

• Wrexham look to become a Box Office Hit Leading The Way!
    October was a slightly more nervy month for Wrexham, but even when they struggled they still managed to come out on top and haven't yet slipped off the top spot. Things began with Home match against Oxford. Full of confidence Wrexham were in complete control and were cruising to victory when they were 4-1 up at HT. They relaxed a little too much in the 2nd half and found themselves being pegged back by Oxford who got 2 goals in 5 second half minutes. With 20 on the clock Wrexham went into panic mode and couldn't clear the ball. Oxford smelt blood and believed they could get something from this, but some how Wrexham held on and saw the game out 4-3.

Next up was a Johnstone Paint Trophy tie against Hull, a draw would see Wrexham through. Hull had no intention on allowing this and went in at the break 3-0 up. The Manager took a gamble in his starting XI today handing a debut to 17 year old Goalkeeper Tony Ellis. He wasn't at fault,  but this would not be doing his confidence any good. Defence kept leaving him open. After the break Wrexham tried getting back in the game with goals from Bodin and Wood, but Hull added another and out the game out of reach. Now its a month long wait for Hull to play Hartlepool and whether Wrexham will make the next round or not.

20211027_201659IM2ZG_display.png

In the next game Elliott List grabbed his first Wrexham goal in a draw against Scunthorpe who equalised with the last kick of the game,  very frustrating.  No more frustrating than the next game against Blackpool.  2-0 down at Half Time and looking out of it things needed to change.  Wanye Wood who started on the bench was brought on as an extra attacker,  but after 9 second half minutes he was harshly sent off. He lost the ball in opponents box reached out for it took down the defended and was deemed a red card (annoyingly this happened whilst game was buffering and probably played a part on this) and he was off leaving Wrexham down to 10 men. Could it get any worse? Well with 25 minutes to go Wrexham found a second wind.  They pulled a goal back through Jordan Davies then 10 minutes later James Jones made it 2-2 incredible comeback by the 10 men of Wrexham. This wasn't enough,  they pushed for a winner, but in the final minute of injury time Blackpool hit them on the counter their first real attack for half an hour and they scored the winner. Wrexham were devastated.

Alex Bass keeping things level against Scunthorpe

Deja vu seemed like it was gonna hit in the Sunderland match up next. Adryan grabbed his first Wrexham goal to give them the lead early in the first half. Wrexham had plenty of opportunities go extend their lead, but seemed like they had thrown it away again late on as Substitute Bryce Hosannah made a terrible error in his own box which led to Sunderlands equaliser.  Everyone's heads dropped, but soon picked themselves up again and scored right after the restart from a move started by a long ball from Hosannah. Paul Mullin getting the ball in the back of the next and just to make sure Dan Jarvis made it 3-1 in injury time.

Where Wrexham thought they had thrown it away, but then went back and won it

a82764b1b1a6429794d3ae76059e12f6LdqMj_display.png

James Jones playing a vital role in Midfield this season so far.

Wrexham followed this up with a 3-2 away win against Cheltenham Town and a 2-0 win against Fleetwood,  a game which for the first time Macaulay Gillesphey appeared and Wrexham kept a clean sheet. He hasn't had the best of luck since joining in the Summer Window,  hopefully things can change for him now.

screenshot_20211027201302_video_playerz8eTH_display.jpg

Alex Bass has been magnificent between the sticks keeping Wrexham in the game a lot of the time. Stand out performances so far.

So, still a good start to the season for Wrexham and their surprise title challenge could become a reality if they keep this up.

b9a3a4c4acdb4505bdb2116c7152d048ea0VH_display.png

October
    FL1 Wrexham 4-3 Oxford (Randall, Johnson, Davies, Mullin)
    JPT Wrexham 2-4 Hull (Bodin, Wood)
    FL1 Scunthorpe 1-1 Wrexham (List)
    FL1 Blackpool 3-2 Wrexham (Davies, Jones)
    FL1 Wrexham 3-1 Sunderland (Adryan, Mullin, Jarvis)
    FL1 Cheltenham 2-3 Wrexham (Mullin, Johnson, List)
    FL1 Wrexham 2-0 Fleetwood (Randall, Davies)
  • ArladArlad
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    11 wins from 17 and after a rough start from pre-season Thurlow once again making Wrexham competitive! only 17MP from 46 so a lot of football to play, is there money available to strengthen in January?
  • ArladArlad wrote: »
    11 wins from 17 and after a rough start from pre-season Thurlow once again making Wrexham competitive! only 17MP from 46 so a lot of football to play, is there money available to strengthen in January?

The money is available, but I'm not likely to break into it too much. I still need to sign 3 players under 20 as part of my objectives so that will be my main focus. Also a lot depends on whether I get any good offers for certain players. I got a few that are likely to attract and if right team came in then I'd accept, but despite how unrealistic it might look certain players still being here I will not list on transfer market
  • 20211101_121347iRrET_display.png

Young American Wayne Wood has been moved into a new position by The Manager, its been reported for a couple reasons,  firstly because of the formation he wants to play and only wanting to play with 1 striker and a more attacking Midfield.  Secondly he felt Wayne Wood would be better suited in an Attacking Midfield position,  this had nothing to do with his performance as he performed well, but with some observations this was conclusion everyone came to.

3 wins from 4 in November was enough to keep Wrexham top of the league. Firstly they were away to strugglers Morecombe,  everyone expecting goals galore and and easy game,  but it wasn't.  Morecombe nearly came away with a much needed point, but Courtney Senior who was brought on to make a difference did and scored the winner with 5 minutes to go. This game was also a first league appearance for Tony Ellis between the sticks. The 17 year old put in a good game and was unlucky not to keep a clean sheet.

329db4e7522b45a89cc048c29f04daa6dIhZg_display.png

This years shortlist for The Ballon D'or

Wrexham followed this up with a convincing win against Premier challengers Shrewsbury 4-0 with 4 different Goalscorers which seems to be a common occurrence this season sharing the goals out with no Wrexham player in the top 10 goalscorers.

Wrexham ended the month beating another relegation battler Doncaster a
    Rovers, this time more convincingly and for the first time since taking over at Wrexham Paul Mullin wasnt selected nor make a Substitute appearance in a league match by The Manager. Elliot List took advantage of the rare start and bagged a double. Tony Ellis got another chance at a league game and getting his first professional clean sheet, the first of many we're sure.

Before this was a game away to Hull and for the 2nd time this season Hull beat Wrexham and took a 3 goal lead just like they did in The Johnstone Paint Trophy.  Frustratingly the 3rd goal came in the 5th minute of first half injury time when there should've been just 2 with Hull getting a free kick and 2 corners in those extra minutes. The controversy didn't end there. As soon as the 2nd half started Wrexham got a goal back through Billy Bodin.  A dominating 2nd half Wrexham eventually got enough 10 minutes from time through Wayne Wood. They pushed and pushed for the equaliser, injury time hit 2 minutes scheduled Mullin was played through by Johnson then the Full Time whistle went exactly on 2 minutes. The Manager was not pleased and refused to comment in a post match interview,  understandably frustrated.

5214f23df6fd4b73ba841bf1bade31edCXCKa_display.png

November
    FL1 Morecambe 1-2 Wrexham (Mullin, Senior)
    FL1 Wrexham 4-0 Shrewsbury (Mullin, Davies, Wood, Johnson)
    FL1 Hull 3-2 Wrexham (Bodin, Wood)
    FL1 Wrexham 3-0 Doncaster (Wood, List 2)

20211101_12142298b6s_display.png

Wayne Wood has been in fine form since his position change
  • Ashy
    21018 posts Club Captain
    Fantastic to be top of the league one! 21 games in, looks like you are on course for another promotion
  • Ashy wrote: »
    Fantastic to be top of the league one! 21 games in, looks like you are on course for another promotion

Let's hope so, feel like this season has gone much better than anticipated, I expected to do well, but not spend entire time top of League so far

• Wrexham end the year top of the league, despite a slip up here and there they have maintained a 6 point gap over 6th placed Ipswich who have game in hand and 7 points clear of 3rd place.

7cb4356b7e3c4062b68c44c527210326XDNtQ_display.png

December began with an FA Cup 2nd Round tie against Northampton Town. Wrexham were initially shocked and found themselves 2-0 down. Paul Mullin pulled a goal back just before half Time then Terry Taylor grabbed his first Wrexham goal soon after the break

[yt]

Not bad for a first ever Wrexham Goal

He didn't end it there.  Terry Taylor soon went on and grabbed his 2nd Wrexham goal before adding his 3rd. Not bad way to get on the scoresheet for the first time by the midfielder by grabbing a hat trick. Substitute Elliot List bagged Wrexhams 5th and Round off a 5-2 win. Bradford City awaits them in the 3rd round so definitely a generous and winnable tie.

c66e61859ad14849b3c8d18fd7d79a7167bcL_display.png

Not quite sure what happened to Taylors name here.

Back to League action and Wrexham suffered defeat against Rotherham who are hopeful of Promotion themselves.  Then a 1-0 home win against Bolton another top 6 side so that was a vital win and it came with some luck.

[yt]

[yt]

Cup action against as Wrexham took on Oxford in the Papa John's Trophy (i believe I've been calling it The Johnstone Paint Trophy out of habit) this was a very scrappy game. Wrexham played a mostly changed side and you could tell, but they still got the win and The Manager has said the board want to win this trophy and also be the last time they enter it.

I was unaware,  but as we began our next match against Cheltenham Town I learned Wrexham were unbeaten at home this season with 9 wins and 2 draws,  of course learning of this added a little more pressure and with Cheltenham taking the lead it felt like Wrexham were never getting back in the game. Chances were few and far between and non threatening.  Late in the 2nd half Paul Mullin finally got an equaliser and then Billy Bodin got what was thought to be the winner after some dominating play. 

[yt]

It just felt like it was now going Wrexhams way, but no, with just a few minutes to go Cheltenham made it 2-2. Still Undefeated at home though.

The year finished with 2 wins and a draw. A 4-1 beating of Sunderland on Boxing day, we will say it was Boxing day as EA scheduling was trying to increase the divorce rates on England by putting on matches during Christmas Day! Despite the 5 goals it wasn't actually that good of a game. Adryan scored from the spot and his 2nd goal was a rebound after he missed another penalty,  but other than the goals not much happened and it seemed dull. Wouldn't thought we'd be saying that with that many goals.

With the transfer window now open Wrexham are expected to do some business as there are requirements to sign 2 more under 20s and attempt to make youth sells. So far they've reportedly had 2 approaches from Brøndby for James Jones and Jordan Davies. Seemed quite out of the blue but both declined.

December
    FAC Wrexham 5-2 Northampton (Mullin, Taylor 3, List)
    FL1 Rotherham 2-1 Wrexham (Johnson)
    FL1 Wrexham 1-0 Bolton (Randall)
    PJT Oxford 1-2 Wrexham (Wood, Elliot)
    FL1 Wrexham 2-2 Cheltenham (Mullin, Bodin)
    FL1 Sunderlands 1-4 Wrexham (Mullin, Adryan 2, Johnson)
    FL1 Wrexham 1-1 Gillingham (Mullin)
    FL1 Wrexham 2-0 Wycombe (Mullin, Johnson)
  • Ashy
    21018 posts Club Captain
    Generally good set of results again Mullin scoring for fun and you look ready for the Championship honestly
  • Ashy wrote: »
    Generally good set of results again Mullin scoring for fun and you look ready for the Championship honestly

Yes Mullin getting back to doing what he does best and for first time this season we have a Wrexham player in Top 10 Goalscorers. Actually have 5 in top 10 assist leaders, but the goals had been shared out more
  • Oh Captain My Captain

fd92b4fa483d4957a7bdca87a3a86b10UNeG8_display.png

Wrexham have been dealt an early blow during the January Transfer Window. Captain Ben Tozer has picked up a Medical Collateral Ligament injury and will be out of action for 4 months out! This is a big blow to Wrexham whilst Tozer hadn't missed a minute of a league game all season. It's not yet known if they will dig into the Transfer Market or not for cover. This injury happened in FA Cup 3rd round tie against Bradford City.

They year started off with Papa John's Trophy match against Ipswich Town. A much changed team but still a good team as Wrexham want to win this. Unfortunately despite taking the lead they found themselves 3-1 down at Half Time. Hoping to turn things around Paul Mullin and Brennan Johnson were brought on, but Ipswich made it 4-1. Looked like Wrexham were in for a long night. Then in final 15 minutes Wrexham kicked into gear when Mullin scored, Adryan got another then Elliott List bagged last minute equaliser. Wrexham went on to win 4-2 on penalties.

Then there was the FA Cup tie against Bradford. Wrexham were 2-0 up very eary with goals from Johnson and Adryan. They should've had a much more commanding lead with chance after chance. Then Ben Tozer went down injured in 74th minute. It did not look great when he went down and the referee soon stopped play so he could be taken off. This shook Wrexham and Bradford pulled a goal back. They held on after that ina very nervy finish. Wrexham handed another winnable tie and will play Bolton in the next round.

Back to League action and is Ipswich again. A big top of the table clash 1st vs 2nd. This was a very close but entertaining game with both Goalkeepers called into regular action. The game finished 0-0. After this was a home game against strugglers Lincoln who are in relegation zone. Something wasn't quite clicking at the back a lots of mistakes were made. Despite this an early Paul Mullin goal was the difference, but in injury time Lincoln scored from a corner to grab a much needed point.

bd4dd278bcd142eaaa82cc46998b18327OiB6_display.png

20211106_0727113hKGU_display.png

With still 2 weeks of the Transfer window its unsure what else is likely to happen. So far Myles Hippolyte and Youth Academy player Josh Scott have left the club whilst youngsters Lee Coughlin and Charlie Driscoll have gone out on loan for remainder of the season.

2 new arrivals so far to complete the target of signing 3 players under 20. Firstly was German Emrehan Gedilkli. The teenager formally apart of Bayer Leverkusen youth academy was a free agent snapped up by Wrexham then Giorgos Koutsias signed from PAOK for £2.5mil. A big price for an 18y/o beiny brought to League One, but he comes with high expectations.
  • Annoyingly my manager rating is going down purely because i can't complete objective of making £2.6mil profit from youth sells. Sold one for 2.2 and hasn't dented it and only have one other likely to make a decent amount and i don't wanna sell him. Its low priority as well but gone from 96 rating to 80 in few weeks plus despite being top of league majority of squads Morale has been affected due to team performance 🤷‍♂️
  • As The January Transfer Window closes Wrexham find themselves winless in the league so far this year. Is it coincidence that things have turned sour with the loss of Captain Ben Tozer to injury or has their luck just simply run out?

Wrexham have managed to progress further in The FA Cup after a thriller with promotion rivals Bolton Wanderers. For their efforts Wrexham have been rewarded with a Home tie against Premier League side Brighton in the 5th round.

68832e9bab0a4238a43fc3d3d1f7c7a3otqzf_display.png
    9eeee8412f9346a3b01e377e4541c737ATYFz_display.png

If only they could bring this form back into the league.  Finishing the month with an away game at mid table Burton. Wrexham the better side but failing to finish off any of their chances. Just before the break Macaulay Gillesphey was Yellow carded after giving away a Penalty but Alex Bass came to the rescue and saved it. Not much changed in the 2nd half until Burton took a surprise lead around the hour mark. Wrexham were now all over the place and to make matters worse Gillesphey gave away another penalty and received his 2nd yellow card. This time Burton did not miss. Paul Mullin pulled a goal back with 8 minutes to go but it was too little too late for 10 man Wrexham.

This defeat leaves them level on points with 2nd placed Peterborough then 2 points clear of 3rd place Bolton and with Ipswich just another point behind in 4th things are now suddenly looking rather close up the top.

It was unsure whether Wrexham were going to sign cover for Ben Tozer, but with Gillesphey's suspension there is no one really to step in. Even tho its just one game no more risk was needed going forward. Toby Sibbick has been brought in from Barnsley. He wasn't first choice, initially Wrexham approached Manchester City for American Erik Palmer-Brown and Wolves for Dion Sanderson on loan deals, whilst agreements were in place with the club's, both players declined to join. 

20211106_211736vy7nV_display.png

January
    PJT Ipswich 4-4 Wrexham 2-4 Pens (List 2, Mullin, Adryan)
    FAC Wrexham 2-1 Bradford (Johnson, Adryan)
    FL1 Ipswich 0-0 Wrexham
    FL1 Wrexham 1-1 Lincoln (Mullin)
    FAC Wrexham 3-2 Bolton (Davies, Mullin, Wood)
    FL1 Burton 2-1 Wrexham (Mullin)
  • Virtual_K
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is the world coming to when your rating goes down for not selling kids? :D

Here's where the FA Cup gets tough. It could have been worse, but Brighton is a steep hill to climb.
    Not surprised Palmer-Brown and Sanderson turned down the loan, got to get a promotion or two I would think.
    Some good results in cup play but looks like it had an effect on league.
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2021
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    What is the world coming to when your rating goes down for not selling kids? :D

Here's where the FA Cup gets tough. It could have been worse, but Brighton is a steep hill to climb.
    Not surprised Palmer-Brown and Sanderson turned down the loan, got to get a promotion or two I would think.
    Some good results in cup play but looks like it had an effect on league.

Tell me about, is so frustrating and fact its low priority as well. They also expect me to reach last 16 of FA Cup which is medium so if we fail to beat Brighton that will probably make it worse.

Seen on someone else's career they were required to qualify for Champions League. Ok the finished 8th but won FA Cup and Europa Leagus got fired 🤣

The loan deals were a bit ambitious, but I haven't been successful in any loan signing so far whether they were listed or not. Wanted to loan a player in with option to buy but had to go for outright signing instead.
  • Meh, hate doing everything on mobile sometimes. Had 2 game months of update to do wrote loads and somehow deleted it all 🤦‍♂️ I'll get back to it at some point or maybe a basic update when can bring self to do it.

I am kinda concerned, keep getting reports of Wrexham Struggles and unrest even if we draw a game, loads of players not happy due to team performance (spoiler alert we're bloody top). Manager rating is dropping stupidly, will be pissed if I get fired because I couldn't sell kids or reach last 16 of FA Cup when in League 1 😡