FIFA 22 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    I can't get into FM, for me its too much to do and I get bored too quick. Thought would enjoy it

Same here. I like the idea of it and enjoy some parts of it but I like playing the game so FIFA is what I prefer. PES on PC is the best but the lack of leagues and players ruin a career after a while.
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Are we allowed to post FM saves in this section? God it is so much better than career mode it hurts

Mods don’t come in here no more so might as well 😂

True haha, may as well post something until I get told not to I guess
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    I can't get into FM, for me its too much to do and I get bored too quick. Thought would enjoy it

It is very overwhelming at first but after playing an online league with friends the last 2 years in familiar with the layout, it's not the same as Fifa where you can control the team but it's quite nice having that part out of your hands and having a ultra realistic setup, from managers getting sacked, to youth teams, to realistic transfers, to players actually forcing moves, things I wish fifa had but won't
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Are we allowed to post FM saves in this section? God it is so much better than career mode it hurts

I say go for it. Keeping the boards scribe should be a plus. I’d be interested to see it.

Yeah I will do, just posting screenshots basically and progressing through the season, won't be a story behind it because I don't need to create stuff like I have to on fifa with so much happening
  • ArladArlad
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA used to have players forcing moves (for a variety of reasons) but EA removed them, IDK why maybe to reintroduce them as 'new features' in next gen gaming LMAO
  • Kyle
    949 posts Semi-Pro

I did it before and nothing happened to me. I didn't say I was playing on FM and I think that allowed me to go undetected. B)
  • Danimal5981
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    Why isn't there an F1 2021 forum via EA Sports yet? I can see one at Codies, but the game is officially EA Sports now, ain't it. Maybe do a old-school CMS with F1 cars, or a cross over (e.g. with Red Bull) between games :wink:
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    edited November 2021
    • from: (near) Smørum, Denmark (30 mins outside Copenhagen)
    • currently: Vejle, Denmark
    • favourite teams: Brøndby IF, Manchester United. Soft spots for Vejle Boldklub, FA2000 (DK 3rd tier) and AC Milan.
    • other sports I follow: Tour de France. Somehow I don't follow any other cycling apart from Le Tour.
    • other games I play: Assassin's Creed, GTA and Call of Duty.
    • other likes: Taking my two kids on a trip, playing the guitar, playing football.
    • guilty pleasures: Playing FIFA Career Mode a bit too often and writing about it online...
    Post edited by Steffolovitch on
  • Virtual_K
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    Kyle wrote: »

I did it before and nothing happened to me. I didn't say I was playing on FM and I think that allowed me to go undetected. B)

I remember @IAmLikingFlame used to post stories using football manager. I say do it.

So, I watched Tottenham and Arsenal over the weekend (West Ham too). Looks like Arsenal have righted the ship, although Leicester was a bit unlucky; a draw would have been a fair result imo. What is up with Kane? Was he intimidated by Ronaldo? :p Disappointing. And what happened to Dele Ali (other than his hair). I take a year off of sports, come back, and now he's riding the bench? Interesting results this Halloween weekend.
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Danimal5981
    edited November 2021
    Something seriously wrong in the relationship between Tottenham and managers from Portugal:
    3rd attempt, 3rd fail within a decade. #ByeNuno
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Something seriously wrong in the relationship between Tottenham and managers from Portugal:

Nuno was setup to fail from the start. Spurs fans were sick of Jose’s style and Nuno was not much different so the cards were against him right away.

Conte coming in and switching to a back 3 would be interesting.
  • Danimal5981

Nuno was setup to fail from the start. Spurs fans were sick of Jose’s style and Nuno was not much different so the cards were against him right away.

That does create an interesting conspiracy, though: maybe Nuno wasn't sacked so soon out of sheer dissatisfaction, but in order to prevent from Man Utd obtaining the services of Conte when they decide to sack Solskjaer :grey_question: #ConspiracyTheory
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    I’m waiting for Ole to be sacked any hour now and Conte to go to United still. Sounds like something that would happen to Spurs.
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain

That does create an interesting conspiracy, though: maybe Nuno wasn't sacked so soon out of sheer dissatisfaction, but in order to prevent from Man Utd obtaining the services of Conte when they decide to sack Solskjaer :grey_question: #ConspiracyTheory

There were reports Conte wanted to wait until the international break to make his decision, allows him to settle in etc and find out the Man Utd situation if Ole stays or goes but with him now going to Spurs he probably gets the hint they are sticking with Ole (also probably doesn't like the fact they are reluctant to get him in while Spurs are pushing hard for him)

He definitely wanted Man Utd more and it's a masterstroke by Levy to get it done fast.
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    Wow! Good on Spurs to bring in Conte
  • CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2021
    I know I sound like a kid moaning but how am I supposed to digest this:
    Did a Nott's county career mode, half star club in EFL League 2. Have played about 20 games, the only games I've won (2) are from simulated games. In the league I'm without a win, last place but somehow my ST is the leading league goalscorer with 10 goals in 15 matches. 9 shots to 3 with 3,9 to 1.5 xG gets me a 1-1 draw which is one of my best results yet. In a game vs the best team in the league Salford, I miss an open goal at 2-2 in the 70th minute. In the next game I play my rivals Mansfield I hit the post in the 7th minute and end up conceding two goals rapid-fire from two shots. I intercept balls and lose them right away. What more am I supposed to do?
    Forgot to mention how I'm conceding goals btw. It's the EFL League two attackers doing those sweaty drag backs and ball rolls and heel to heel flicks.
  • CHYP2074
    I got sacked in a create a club...
    Guess I'll restart without anybody noticing
  • Steffolovitch
    1387 posts Professional
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    Did a Nott's county career mode, half star club in EFL League 2. Have played about 20 games, the only games I've won (2) are from simulated games. In the league I'm without a win, last place but somehow my ST is the leading league goalscorer with 10 goals in 15 matches. 9 shots to 3 with 3,9 to 1.5 xG gets me a 1-1 draw which is one of my best results yet. In a game vs the best team in the league Salford, I miss an open goal at 2-2 in the 70th minute. In the next game I play my rivals Mansfield I hit the post in the 7th minute and end up conceding two goals rapid-fire from two shots. I intercept balls and lose them right away. What more am I supposed to do?
    Forgot to mention how I'm conceding goals btw. It's the EFL League two attackers doing those sweaty drag backs and ball rolls and heel to heel flicks.

What difficulty are you playing? Sounds like you should change that a bit. The rolls and flicks sound like the "competitor mode" that was introduced in FIFA21. Then the AI plays just like the pros would. But it's awful, you should turn that off if it isn't already. And check the difficulty as well.
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    Going to post the start of my FM save later B)
  • CHYP2074

What difficulty are you playing? Sounds like you should change that a bit. The rolls and flicks sound like the "competitor mode" that was introduced in FIFA21. Then the AI plays just like the pros would. But it's awful, you should turn that off if it isn't already. And check the difficulty as well.

I play on Legendary. Figured it was competitor mode but I'm still without a win. At least the sweaty skill moves stopped.
    Last year I played on legendary it was too easy, got promoted to the prem with Harrogate in 5 seasons, and in the 6th season, I was mid-table!
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    Haven’t noticed it much with CM, but I know in Fut they have made legendary and ultimate pretty much unbeatable this year. Hopefully with competitor mode off you’ll find a bit more consistency
  • CHYP2074
    Didn't really help tbh, I played all games without competitor mode before I got sacked and I was still losing every game, except the goals I was conceding were pieces of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rather than a sweatfest.
    Tried both Legendary and World-Class on a new CM, here are the results:
    Legendary:
    legendary.png
    VS
    World Class: (Too unrealistic)
    World-Class.png

• Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    I suggest playing on world class but adjusting the sliders, or playing on legendary and adjusting the sliders to make it easier, such as opponent keeper ability moved down
  • Ashy wrote: »
    I suggest playing on world class but adjusting the sliders, or playing on legendary and adjusting the sliders to make it easier, such as opponent keeper ability moved down

This is what I'm gonna be doing, am playing around with sliders in kick off to try and find right suit for me. I'm not good enough for Legendary and World Class in L1 has been too easy at times. Maybe because got decent squad idk. Happy to carry on for now as it fits my story, but want more of a chellange going forward, but still want it to be winnable as well
  • Danimal5981
    Ajax win 1-3 away against Dortmund! Three goals in the final 20 minutes...
    Next round is secured, most likely group winner too (unless we lose to Sporting with five goals)
    So, this win was worth 7 (!!) coefficient points. Man, where is this going to end :smiley:
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Ajax win 1-3 away against Dortmund! Three goals in the final 20 minutes...
    Next round is secured, most likely group winner too (unless we lose to Sporting with five goals)
    So, this win was worth 7 (!!) coefficient points. Man, where is this going to end :smiley:

Might go all the way this year without that London club standing in the way. 😉

I had to leave when it was 1-0 but Ajax looked like they were about to break through. I did not expect 3 goals though!

Any team you are really hoping to play in the next round?
  • Wyojasond
    18276 posts World Class
    Ajax flying so far this year. Great to see as always. Would love to see them and Liverpool meet in the knockout rounds. That would be a juicy quarter final matchup. Ten Hag could officially audition for the United job 😂
  • ArladArlad
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Didn't really help tbh, I played all games without competitor mode before I got sacked and I was still losing every game, except the goals I was conceding were pieces of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rather than a sweatfest.Tried both Legendary and World-Class on a new CM, here are the results:
    Legendary:

I know friends who have dropped away from playing Ultimate/Legendary because it is ridiculously impossible to find a balance between true realism and competitiveness. I echo what was mentioned here about competitor mode, it just turns every player into a stupid freestyler :D you end up seeing guys like Shkodran Mustafi doing stepovers and dragbacks for days and it just ruins any immersion at all.

I would suggest default World Class first then adjust sliders to make it more or less competitive, what I do is micro-manage my season; I'll look at which are the top 6/8 sides in the league and say right. I am okay losing to these teams cos they are better than me but at some point there are going to be 10/12 teams where it's more of a balance and we can win/lose depending on how the match goes?

I play on Legendary with adjusted sliders from OS forums, it is not exactly the same as theirs but not far off from it and I still feel it gives me competitive matches. I'm with Derby and not made it into the top half this year so that is a good sign I'm on the right track. I would suggest for you that you play around more on Kick Off mode with sliders on World Class, play a match and see what you enjoyed, what you didn't enjoy? Is the COM too lazer guided with shots? is it too easy for you to score? that kind of stuff, only through trial and error will you get your middle ground.
    ~Arlad
  • Danimal5981
    edited November 2021
    Any team you are really hoping to play in the next round?

Well, Man U got us in 2017 (0-2 in UEL final),
    Spurs stopped us in 2019 (1-0, 2-3),
    then it was Chelsea in the group (4-4, 0-1),
    last year Liverpool edged us out twice completely unnecessarily (0-1, 0-1),

... so no English teams, please. Especially Man C and Chelsea are teams I currently would not like to see us draw.
  • Virtual_K
    edited November 2021
    Watched the US beat Mexico 2-0 last night, a beautiful thing. Dos a cero!
    I remember way back in 2002, getting my arse up at 4am to watch the US beat Mexico 2-0 in the round of 16 to reach the quarter finals...yes we actually reached the quarter finals in modern day football. I don't know off hand if that was the original dos a cero or not, but that victory cry has history.

I'm sorry but I hate Mexico (as it relates to soccer, so don't cancel me). You know how long US soccer fans have had to endure "Puto!" and having bags of urine thrown at our players and have nobody do anything about it until recently. Imagine if US fans did that. We'd have riots. :p
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Watched the US beat Mexico 2-0 last night, a beautiful thing. Dos a cero!
    I remember way back in 2002, getting my arse up at 4am to watch the US beat Mexico 2-0 in the round of 16 to reach the quarter finals...yes we actually reached the quarter finals in modern day football. I don't know off hand if that was the original dos a cero or not, but that victory cry has history.

I'm sorry but I hate Mexico (as it relates to soccer, so don't cancel me). You know how long US soccer fans have had to endure "Puto!" and having bags of urine thrown at our players and have nobody do anything about it until recently. Image if US fans did that. We'd have riots. :p

I completely agree, I loved Berhalter's comment too. He is not hiding the fact that USA does not like Mexico (in soccer not the country). Every game against Mexico you know they are going to get dirty, take cheap shots and try hurting someone. They did it again last night, makes beating them three times in a row that much better.

Concacaf is so bad. Horrible refs, no VAR, terrible pitches. Just all around horrible. I would love it if Concacaf joined with South America. Let us play Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and the like.
  • Virtual_K

I completely agree, I loved Berhalter's comment too. He is not hiding the fact that USA does not like Mexico (in soccer not the country). Every game against Mexico you know they are going to get dirty, take cheap shots and try hurting someone. They did it again last night, makes beating them three times in a row that much better.

Concacaf is so bad. Horrible refs, no VAR, terrible pitches. Just all around horrible. I would love it if Concacaf joined with South America. Let us play Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and the like.

No VAR is complete BS. Concacaf is corrupt, just look at what happened the last qualifiers. Sure, the US should have beaten Trinidad, no excuse, but Panama's phantom goal and Mexico losing at Azteca after they were ahead (by two goals I think). They lost on purpose after hearing the US lost, otherwise we would have been in the playoff round against Australia, I think.

I think the US would be better off petitioning to join UEFA (never gonna happen) as Conmebol is just as dirty.