Matchmaking in Friendlies

Mogga
3345 posts National Call-Up
Has it been confirmed anywhere that it's random yet ?

I don't play a lot of rivals and I never got the game at release.

I was in division 10 when Andre came out and it was tough. I got him done but it took far longer than I anticipated. In my opinion , I don't think I was playing players in div10.

I've played a few rivals games now and I win most of them comfortably. Think I've gone up to div 6 or 7.

Jumped into the Antonio one tonight and did the wins in 4 games just blitzing people. I didn't even use that good of a team really, people like sabitzer, gueye, Zapata etc.

It has to be random match making

Comments

• Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    Yeah got to be random this year. Some of the people i've faced would struggle to beat Beginner Squad Battles :D
  • RadioShaq
    19963 posts Moderator
    Nothing official. Some will say it’s random. Some in the higher divisions can’t find a game so if it was random can’t imagine they can’t find a game.
  • It has to be, got promoted to Div 5 last week and barley get a win in rivala, was struggling in friendlies whilst in Div 6 and 5 last week, but don't wanna jinx it but did Silver Stars in 3 games this week and only need 3 more finesse goals to finish Antonio off. Have lost a few games today, but nothing like my usual struggle
  • FUTChamp2017
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    It has to be, got promoted to Div 5 last week and barley get a win in rivala, was struggling in friendlies whilst in Div 6 and 5 last week, but don't wanna jinx it but did Silver Stars in 3 games this week and only need 3 more finesse goals to finish Antonio off. Have lost a few games today, but nothing like my usual struggle

You're having the opposite experience of what I am having.

Div 5 is easy as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this week, but I'm struggling in friendlies. Probably a win ratio of 40-50%, if not worse.
  • JGDC74
    1409 posts Professional
    I’m certainly getting easier opposition this time, as opposed to the Camavinga and Andre objectives where it was sweatlord after sweatlord and I felt compelled to quit seconds into every game.
    There are still sweaty players but the lag isn’t so much of a factor this time round so I’m (usually) happy to keep playing.
  • It's 100% random. Last year it was 100% skill based.
  • They need to change it back to Skill based as not everyone plays rivals, as i am a casual player and it becomes hard to complete the objective as you play higher division players. This was the only thing that was good in FIFA 21 and EA managed to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it up this year.
  • RichT
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    Sheffstar wrote: »
    They need to change it back to Skill based as not everyone plays rivals, as i am a casual player and it becomes hard to complete the objective as you play higher division players. This was the only thing that was good in FIFA 21 and EA managed to 🎃🎃🎃🎃 it up this year.

They changed it to stop self relegators ruining the enjoyment of casuals.

And created a system when the same things happening with no need to relegate. It's no fun constantly play people way above you. They just do everything to antagonise you and to try and get you to quit.

It's crazy, loved FIFA 21 hate 22. I'm bored and close to ditching the game. Might just go back to 21 for my FIFA fix. Or buy the new football manager.

What's worse is I think many casuals have given up already. It's not healthy for the game.

If they carry on like this by Christmas it will be the medium skill players moaning that they can't win a game.
  • Mogga
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    JGDC74 wrote: »
    I’m certainly getting easier opposition this time, as opposed to the Camavinga and Andre objectives where it was sweatlord after sweatlord and I felt compelled to quit seconds into every game.
    There are still sweaty players but the lag isn’t so much of a factor this time round so I’m (usually) happy to keep playing.

Maybes we are just becoming class at FIFA 🤣